PDA

View Full Version : Starmetal Body [Warforged] (3.5 D&D feat PEACH)

Beelzebub1111
2010-07-31, 07:17 AM
Starmetal Body [Warforged]
The warforged's body is composed of a strange green metal that fell from beyond Siberys. It grants damage reduction and a special offense against creatures from other planes due to strong ties with the material plane.
Prerequisites: Warforged, 1st level only.
Benefit: Your armor bonus increases to +5 and you gain damage reduction 1/adamantine. However your base land speed is reduced to 20 feet and are considered wearing Medium Armor. You have a +3 maximum dexterity bonus to AC, a -3 penalty on all skills that armor check penalties apply to, and an arcane spell failure chance of 25%. In addition, your natural slam attack deals and additional 1d6 points of damage to extraplanar creatures while they are on the material plane. They also ignore the first 20 points of hardness on an object as an adamantine weapon, and overcome damage reduction as adamantine.
Special: Warforged druids who take this feat cannot cast druid spells or use any of the druid's Supernatural or Spell like class features. Warforged characters with this feat do not gain the benefit of any class feature prohibited by a character wearing Medium Armor.

Serpentine
2010-07-31, 07:21 AM
Huh... I'm already this. I'd show VT's version but, well, it's VT's.

Beelzebub1111
2010-07-31, 07:35 AM
Ah, and I though I was being original, well, how's my version?

Serpentine
2010-07-31, 07:53 AM
To be fair, his is very setting-specific. I don't feel comfortable posting the whole thing without his permission, but as a quick comparison... Vorpal Tribble's is generally better (mechanics-wise, not quality-wise). More armour, higher Dex bonus, light armour, lower spell failure and armour check penalty, an extra quality. Doesn't have the damage reduction and slam attack stuff, though. Just different flavour, really.
Pretty sure this was made specifically for my character, too, by the way.

edit: I hath permission!

Skystuff Body
A warforged character's body can be crafted with a layer of skystuff that provides some protection while also giving you surreal properties.
Prerequisite: Warforged, 1st level only.
Benefit: The warforged's armor bonus is increased to +6, and the character is considered to be wearing light armor. He now has a +5 maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, a -2 penalty on all skill checks that armor check penalties apply to (Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, Swim, and Tumble), and an arcane spell failure chance of 15%.
As well, whenever the warforged moves more than his base speed he appears hazy and out of focus, such that all melee and ranged attacks made until his next turn are assessed a 20-percent miss chance. This 20-percent miss chance is not the same as concealment.
Special: This feat must be taken at 1st level, during character creation. Warforged druids who take this feat cannot cast druid spells or use any of their druid supernatural or spell-like class abilities. Warforged characters with this feat do not gain the benefit of any class feature prohibited to a character wearing light armor.
Normal: Without this feat, a warforged character has an armor bonus of +2.

Volthawk
2010-07-31, 02:09 PM
To be fair, that is kinda different. This has the anti-outsider abilities, while VT's has the miss chance.

Beelzebub1111
2010-07-31, 08:55 PM
That's where it differs, Mine is based off of the Starmetal special material (on a breastplate with gauntlets) from Complete Arcane. I was trying to balance it with adamantine body and why someone would take one over the other.

Serpentine
2010-08-01, 05:58 AM
Yup. 'sabout what I said :smalltongue:

enigmatime
2010-08-02, 11:16 AM
They have a prestige class for that in Complete Arcane. It's called the Green Star Adept.

Edit: Nevermind