PDA

View Full Version : Thunderlance and Persistent Spell

Dragannia
2010-07-31, 10:01 AM
I've been playing a game recently and this has come up. My GM isn't sure if Thunderlance is compatible with Persistent Spell. I maintain that it is since 0ft seems to me to be a 'fixed' range, but we just wanted to double check with the community. Any help?

Arbitrarity
2010-07-31, 10:04 AM
0 ft is indeed a fixed range. Fixed means static, not changing with Caster Level, and whether it includes touch spells is debatable.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-31, 10:08 AM
Isn't that an oldass spell? It has a fixed range of the caster, so yes it should work.

Dragannia
2010-07-31, 10:24 AM
I thought as much. Thanks guys. Also, I'm working as an Abjurant Champion so the force lance is quite good with me, but since I can't enchant it, what ways are there to improve upon the lance? I'm thinking things like the pyro or the elemental warrior's weapon aflame abilities, but more broad, applying to other enchantments. Specifically I'm looking for something that might grant it Bane or Holy. Any ideas?

Lord Vukodlak
2010-07-31, 01:03 PM
Isn't that an oldass spell? It has a fixed range of the caster, so yes it should work.

It was reprinted in spell compendium so its not really "old"

I thought as much. Thanks guys. Also, I'm working as an Abjurant Champion so the force lance is quite good with me, but since I can't enchant it, what ways are there to improve upon the lance? I'm thinking things like the pyro or the elemental warrior's weapon aflame abilities, but more broad, applying to other enchantments. Specifically I'm looking for something that might grant it Bane or Holy. Any ideas?

While it can't be permanently enchanted temporary spell buffs could work. You could say cast greater magic weapon on it or align weapon etc. Keep in mind the thunderlance ignores damage reduction its a [force] spell so its damage is the same as magic missile, spiritual weapon or orb of force.

*also I advise you learn the spell wraithstrike to make your attacks touch*