PDA

View Full Version : Flames of War IC

Noedig
2010-07-31, 11:10 AM
"The High Marshal wants to see you in his tent. Now."

It was impossible to see the figure in the dark and he never came into your tent. You saw only his shadow cast by torchlight as he stood just outside the flap and spoke the words then turned around and left.

You wonder if you've been accused of a crime, or perhaps you're being commended? Regardless, the High Marshal wants you in his tent, and you'd damn well better get there on the hop. As you walk to the meeting you notice a few of your comrades heading to the same place. Your paths converge roughly half way there. What the hell is going on?

And so it begins.:smallbiggrin:

Tinydwarfman
2010-07-31, 12:01 PM
OOC: So what would we know about each other?
You would know that Corak, a human with Fire Genasi blood, was conscripted into the army from prison, and is ruthlessly efficient when in command of his squad. He stands tall with short dark red hair, and it's rumored that his skin burns to touch.

Noedig
2010-07-31, 12:25 PM
OOC: Yes. Its easier that way for everyone involved, and it explains why you were all summoned at once. Also Im going to spoiler all of my In game OOC doings, like telling you all to roll initiative and such.

Zencudis
2010-07-31, 12:39 PM
Rascine Tiril was in the middle of taking care of his weapons and armor when the messenger and done his job. Such interruptions during the hour are usually bad, secret, and sometimes both. Preparations could wait until after the business.

The torchlight along the tents gave everything a dark half-shadow. The view made everything just a little more cruel looking. It looked like there were others moving around as well.

"It seems like I wasn't the only one who was asked for by the Marshal." Rascine mumbled to himself. Among the other shadows was one that he had heard a couple of stories about. The man's name was Corak. From the conversations that Rascine had heard described him as a relentless combatant and a former prisoner. Some men thought it was a great joke to call him the red-haired menace. "Maybe this meeting falls under the bad heading after all."

mrcarter11
2010-07-31, 12:46 PM
These people walking with me seem like a ragtag bunch. I have the odd feeling that I shall be seeing these people a lot more. I follow the crowd as we head towards the tent. Staying silent and letting others do the talking..

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-31, 08:45 PM
G'eld-as was in the middle of trancing when the call came. The Marshal wants me, does he? And them, I've seen them before. I know the Marshal doesn't like me, but what do they have to do with anything?

G'eld-as walks toward the High Marshal's tent.

OOC:
You know that G'eld-as is a secretive loner, constantly concealed by a black hood. You don't even know what race he is, but you assume that he's something exotic based on his unusual name.

Doombringer
2010-08-01, 12:44 AM
Cornet strolled out of his tent dressed not in the usual armor but in silver grey tunic with well worn riding boots and brown pants. That sword belt fastened properly as that man said he was needed by the High Marshal he would open the flap of the tent and head in that direction right away. Eyes keeping a look out and touching any wounded soldiers as he went (lay on hands). He knew it wasn't much but curing any bump or cut would insure at least a few men a better rest. "I wonder just what the High Marshal could need with all of us this time?"

(Paladin of Helm yeah he is a guardain type a good hearted man who fights the good fight and bolsters those around him.)

Tyrael
2010-08-01, 04:59 AM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/284/9/5/Female_King__s_Knight_by_Bayra.jpg

A woman sighs as she trudges towards the Marshal's tent. The former noblewoman is garbed in a suit of grey studded leather armor, and over that is a long, flowing pure-white tabard. A light crossbow hangs on her back next to a sturdy rucksack, and a spear is in her hand as a walking staff. Her belt holds both a light mace and a dagger. The figure beneath her armor is slender and generously proportioned in both hips and bosom, and her long blonde hair flows down to her shoulders.

Elena picks her way through the military camp and enters the Marshal's tent.

Noedig
2010-08-01, 09:12 AM
You see your destination at the top of a small hill. The High Marshal's tent is three times the size of your own, silk and beautifully worked with gold and mithril embroidery. Such a thing clearly must have cost a small fortune, or at least more money than any of you have ever seen.

There are two guards at the entrance of the tent, clad in full plate that glints in the torchlight, and wielding fearsome looking halberds.

The guard on the left stops you and addresses all of you.

"Evening sods. I cannae imagine that whatever the High Marshal has to say to you will be pleasant. Then again, I ain't privy to his mind." He chuckles softly and shrugs his shoulders.

"Here's the rules: Bow appropriately when you enter, you speak when spoken to, you address the High Marshal as 'm'Lord or High Marshal when speaking, and under no circumstances are you to give your sodding opinion unless asked. Easy enough right? Good, head in."

The guards move out of the way to allow you entrance into the tent.

mrcarter11
2010-08-01, 11:17 AM
Smirking at what they say. Skullga enters the tent and eyes the High Marshall. Thinking of the possible outcomes that could happen, Skullga stands in the man's presence. At attention, but refusing to bow to the man.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-01, 11:19 AM
I walk into the tent. I also refuse to bow, knowing that, while I am willing to serve him, he has not earned my respect.

OOC:
I also put this in the OOC thread, but to reiterate: the High Marshal does know I am a Drow, unlike everyone else.

Zencudis
2010-08-01, 12:01 PM
Following the others into the tent of the High Marshal, Rascine immediately bowed appropriately. Military customs are habits that stuck with him and have been more than useful throughout his service.

Noticing the disrespect given to the High Marshal by the black cloaked man and the other entrant, Rascine felt naked. He had forgotten his weapons and armor in his tent. If this meeting did turn out to be trouble, and so far it looked like it might be heading that way if it wasn't already, and these men got violent, Rascine didn't have his equipment with him.

"Such mistakes come from and idle mind" the voice of his former teacher echoed in his head. He lifted himself back up to his full height, trying to act as if nothing was wrong or out of the ordinary.

What you know: Rascine Tiril was a merchant's kid that was entered into the Warmage college. After schooling, he was thrown into the military and has made no effort to leave his service since.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-01, 12:20 PM
Corak enters and bows appropriately.

"Who the hell do these people think they are?" Corak thinks to himself. "When you're in the military, if your commanding officer says 'jump', you say 'how high?'. How exactly do they expect to get away with this?"

Tyrael
2010-08-01, 01:02 PM
Elena steps into the tent and bows as well, then straightens up and waits with the perfectly-neutral expression of a longtime diplomat.

Noedig
2010-08-01, 01:44 PM
The main chamber of the tent is festooned with the trappings of war. Maps, and other pieces of paper litter the large desk off to the left, and to the right lies a bed with spartan furnishings. An armor and weapon rack is at the foot of the bed. There is also a small stack of books resting on a small stool at the head. Candles softly illiuminate the entire interior.

The High Marshal is standing in the center of the chamber, leaning over a low table with maps stretched over it, lit by candle light. Markers and flags litter the table top. His back is to you and he appears to be speaking to someone directly opposite of him. He is tall for a human, with broad shoulders.

He is still fully armored despite the time of day and a deadly looking greatsword lies on a stand within easy reach. His helmet rests on the table, worked in the form of wolf, its face snarling at you. He has thinning gray hair on his head.

He does not turn, nor even acknowledge your presence, appearing to be in quiet but intense conversation with the unseen person. You can almost hear what they are saying.

OOC: Listen check if you wish to hear part of what they are saying.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-01, 01:47 PM
Yay for elven bonuses: [roll0]

Quarion examines everyone who has been called in: The Genasi, unusual but more or less trusted. The healer, who he knows is reliable and kind. The warmage, a disgrace to the arcane arts. The paladin, stuck-up but good in a fight. And the binder, hard to trust but not seeming to be a threat, at least yet.
Now he's even more confused why he's here.

Tyrael
2010-08-01, 01:51 PM
Elena stands quietly, straining her ears while remaining at attention.

[roll0]

Zencudis
2010-08-01, 01:55 PM
Seeing the High Marshal talking to someone else made Rascine a little curious. While trying not to be to conspicuous, he tried to hear what the Marshal was saying.

Listen Check: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2010-08-01, 02:12 PM
Skullga stands still at the ready. An almost dull look in his eyes, as if he is bored by this.
Listen [roll0]

Noedig
2010-08-01, 08:06 PM
Elena - You hear the Marshal's voice, low, emphatic and slightly annoyed. It is raspy, old voice that has seen much shouting. "...but we don't have very many options, do we? Their intelligence is too good for us to just sit on our arses. We need to take some damned initiative!"

"Yes I understand that, High Marshal, but the team you've put together isn't nearly as capable as what you already have at your disposal. A contingent of battlemages, myself and a few of my best scouts could do what you ask in half the time." This voice is quiet intense, and largely emotionless. You still cannot see the figure.

Skulga - You hear the Marshal's voice, low, emphatic and slightly annoyed. It is raspy, old voice that has seen much shouting. "...but we don't have very many options, do we? Their intelligence is too good for us to just sit on our arses. We need to take some damned initiative!"

The other voice responds, but you cannot quite catch what it says.

The Rest - Strain to hear as you might, you cannot hear what the High Marshal is saying.

Doombringer
2010-08-01, 09:00 PM
Cornet simply bows as if he would have always and stands at attention waiting for whatever he might be needed for. He makes no attempt to listen to his commanding officer if he was needed the man would address him. He then looks around the tent that blade rested to his side and he shifted his weight only slightly to remain standing and comfortable. "Wonder what he has everyone in here for?" Cornet thought to himself.

mrcarter11
2010-08-01, 11:00 PM
Very interesting. He wants us to do something I would think. But are we chosen for our skills or because he are expandable. I continue to stand at attention, a slight smirk on my face.

Noedig
2010-08-01, 11:12 PM
The High Marshal raises his voice from a whisper to a more conversational level.

"You may disagree with me but that is my decision and it is final. I've listened to your input, weighed it, and decided. I trust you can follow your orders? Good."

He does not turn, rather he continues to survey the maps in front of him, but he addresses you.

"I cannot say that I'm pleased with the lack of martial discipline some of you posses. Even the stupidest common soldier knows better than to breach military protocol with 'Lord High Marshal Albrecht Marlowe'." There is a bit of scorn in his voice at the title.

He places a flag on the map and turns around. His face is weathered and scared from decades of soldiering. His eyes are clear though, and alert. He smirks slightly.

"But then again, you are not common, stupid soldiers are you. You're unique."

Marlowe looks you up and down as a group. He smirks again.

"A wonderfully rag tag bunch, but appearances can be very deceiving. Don't bother with your names, I know them. As to the reason you're all here, well I'm not going to have you drawn and quartered if that what you're wondering."

Marlowe sits on a small stool next to the table. He looks at you and his face hardens.

"You are all now part of a special team I've created. This is not optional; you will do this. You will work outside the normal chain of command, and take your orders directly from me. You will carry out tasks that would take a thousand foot soldiers weeks to do, in a span of days. These tasks will be dangerous, immensely so. You will do them without the support, or knowledge, of the rest of the army."

"This war has gone on long enough, and and I'm not stupid or proud enough to deny that its starting to turn against us. 'The Black Dragons', even with such ludicrously pretentious name, are a well run, well trained, and well equipped army, and the intelligence they've been getting lately is putting us too much on the defensive. We need to shake things up a bit. Seize some initiative. Win this damn war."

"Right now our supply lines are stretched thin. Theirs are not. We need to supplement what we have or my army will start to starve. With that in mind, I'm sending you into enemy territory to raid and destroy their supplies. This has several tactical benefits. Resource denial for the enemy, it will supplement our own, and it will sow unrest amongst the enemy. Let them feel some hunger pains for once."

"Mikoll, my chief scout, and a group of his best men will be going with you as support, mainly to secure the enemy supplies. According to our diviners, your target will be moving down an isolated forest road about fifty or so miles from here in a little under a tenday. Now I can't march a regiment out there without scaring their supply trains off. This is where you come in. Mikoll will get you into position, and you'll ambush the train when it rolls by. You should be able to handle this. And if I'm wrong? Well you might be dead and Mikoll will be right and we'll do it his way. I hope it won't come to that, but this is war, and as the peasants say, ' S**t happens.' I have faith in you though."

You get the sense that he truly means that.

Marlowe pauses and yawns.

"You've got an hour to pack and then you leave. Dismissed."

Doombringer
2010-08-02, 02:28 AM
Cornet looks to the man as he finishes and bows once more before turning to pack. He would take a good deal of time but soon he was outside and dressed no longer in clothing but a set of full plate armor and a cape that was blue and bearing the symbol of Helm...the inlay of the cloak a silver to match his well kept armor. He placed shield upon his back and that longsword to his side. He then looked to the one that was suppose to help Mikol the chief scout and waited. "I do not suppose you have the enemies numbers do you?" Cornet liked to be prepared and knowing just how many enemies were guarding the supply train could prove useful.

Zencudis
2010-08-02, 06:57 AM
After the Marshal's little speech was over with, Rascine was quick to leave. Taking time only to Bow and look over the rest of his new Allies. If nothing else, they at least seemed like they could handle themselves. The only question now was how well they could do so. He didn't dwell on these things long, he had more work to do.

Entering into his tent, he donned his armor and gathered his shield and spear. Packing up the rest of his gear in his backpack and putting his spell component pouch on his belt finished off his basic preparations. Finding some spare time, Rascine focused a spell into his spear.

"Can never be too careful..." He told himself while admiring the design of the shortspear. Knowing that he can't waste any more time on idle thinking of the past, He left his tent and set out to find Mikol and his new "friends".

Stored in spear: Magic Missile, CL: 3

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-02, 08:22 AM
G'eld-as walks back to his tent, thinking about his assignment and his new allies. He chooses his spells carefully, knowing that he will have to face many enemies simulataneously. He also makes sure that his weapons are properly coated with poison.

Spells Prepared:
0: Detect Magic x2, Read Magic x2, Ray of Frost
1: Mage Armor, Summon Monster 1 , Burning Hands, Enlarge Person
2: Summon Monster 2, Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray

Do I need to make any check to coat my weapons with poison?

Noedig
2010-08-02, 11:14 AM
Cornet:

Mikoll is cloaked and hooded, but he half turns to you.

"I imagine we'll be able to avoid the majority of them. Our path takes us through some very deep woods, and given the time of year, part of it may be swamp. Standard procedure for large armies is to avoid such places like the plague. Strike forces on the other hand, make good use of such terrain. When everyone finishes packing and arrives, I'll outline the path on the map."

His tone is largely emotionless, and he speaks in an almost perpetual whisper.

"And paladin, I suggest you find a way to make you're armor a bit less conspicuous. I'd rather not have to fight all the way to objective."

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-02, 11:23 AM
I walk up to the other 2.

My spells are ready. Now we must simply wait for the others.

I turn to Cornet:
I have a spell prepared to assist you in combat. I can increase your size, making you much more powerful.

Zencudis
2010-08-02, 12:07 PM
Rascine was looking at the horizon at seemingly nothing in particular. It had been quiet, even with the arrival of the Hooded wizard named G'eld. Not that the man seemed like the conversational type but one would think that being paired up would bring out loads that each member would have in common. Looking to the others, he makes a half-attempt to start at least some small talk.

"I hope the others don't make us wait too long. I'm looking forward to getting this done sooner rather than later." He said to both Cornet and G'eld in a laid back kind of tone. He continued to watch the horizon.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-02, 12:29 PM
Indeed. We still need the binder, the duskblade, and the healer before we can begin to plot out our strategy.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-02, 12:45 PM
Corak doesn't really have much to prepare for battle. He goes back and retrieves his greatsword before arriving almost an hour early the meet-up point.

Doombringer
2010-08-02, 12:48 PM
Cornet looks to the man and arches a brow: "And how would you suggest I do that Sir?" He then got to thinking before nodding "Alright fair enough give me a little time and I will be back." Cornet then went to a smithy after negotiation he traded in his silver sheened armor for something darker blackened in color to make himself harder to spot. "This is the best I can do."

Noedig
2010-08-02, 01:05 PM
Mikoll nods.

"I was going to suggest mud, or holding it over a torch to blacken it, but that works just as well. There isn't much in the woods or swamps that shines like silver. A scout with half decent eyes could pick it out of the bush from quite a distance. Not to mention it makes about as much noise as a whole platoon of soldiers when you move, but that can't be helped. And as I said, being detected shouldn't be a problem."

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-02, 01:55 PM
Indeed, silver armor is, in essence, the antithesis of stealth. Disguised like this, we have a much greater chance of successfully executing our mission while avoiding detection from the opposition.

Tyrael
2010-08-02, 02:25 PM
After preparing what little gear she doesn't carry with her, Elena returns to the area where the rest of the raiding party is meeting and discussing. Her bright white tabard has been traded in for a dark grey one with a red cross emblazoned on her chest. Leaning on her spear, Elena listens to the discussion.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-02, 02:58 PM
The healer arrives... Our company is almost assembled. Soon, it will be time for battle. Make what final preparations you can now.

Noedig
2010-08-02, 03:13 PM
Mikoll chuckles softly.

"Don't forget that we have to walk to our destination, and that destination is roughly fifty miles through woods and over rivers. And that's assuming that I don't get a sending after we get half way there that says the raid has been called off. Welcome to the world of Cormyr's clandestine operations."

Zencudis
2010-08-02, 03:37 PM
The arrival of both the healer and the duskblade had inspired a little more talking and banter. Just the noise itself was a relief. It becomes too easy to lose sight of oneself and one's allies in silence.

"The sooner you can all be at least comfortable around each other, the sooner you can work as a team instead of a group of individuals." The words echoed inside of Rascine. More wisdom from his teachers. Sometimes he wished he could just stop thinking about what was left behind in time and only focus on the present. Such distractions slowed him down and gave him no benefit.

"Just so I'm clear on names," Rascine spoke once more to the group. "You, are the one they call Cornet," He said as he indicated towards the paladin. "Your royal darkness' name is G'eld," Nodding his head towards the wizard. "Corak is over there," Waving his hand towards the Fire Genasi. "Our lovely healer, here, is the one people call lady Elena" He says while giving a small bow. "And Skullga is the last person we are awaiting. Did I miss anyone?" He finishes, giving a shrug during the last question.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-02, 03:46 PM
Where I come from, you would be killed for even suggesting that I was royalty, but yes, I am G'eld-as.

mrcarter11
2010-08-02, 04:47 PM
Skullga goes and gets his longsword. After that he moves to the meeting point of everyone else. Finding the whole group already there, he figures they should move soon.
I figure I would have something binded and seeing as how we are in a forest, I think it would be Amon.

Noedig
2010-08-02, 05:27 PM
Mikoll nods at the arrival of Skulga.

"Right now we're all here. Time to show you where you'll be going."

Mikoll takes a map out of his backpack and places it on a flat piece of ground. He brings a torch over from a nearby tent to help light the area. You still do not see his face.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_A8BWGhHu8VM/TFdCg9jEn6I/AAAAAAAAABA/YHmQDKSRZsY/s1600/Cormyr.jpg

"This black 'X' is current location of the army, and of ourselves. The blue line you see is the Mistdale river, and it effectively marks the start of enemy territory. The red dots are our cities and camps, the blue belong to the enemy, and the green are neutral cities in Sembia."

Mikoll points with the end of a dagger.

"This black string of dots is the path we'll be taking. As you can see, it runs down to Lake Sembar, after which it follows tributary to the Mistdale. That's our crossing point. Now in order to facilitate an easier cross for us, High Marshal Marlowe is going to make a push to the north, here."

Mikoll points to the red arrows.

"That should hopefully draw the enemies attention away from our cross point. After that, its about ten miles into enemy territory and then we hit the supply train about six miles north of Essemora. The rest of my team is about a day and a half ahead of us to secure our route back and help steal the supplies."

Mikoll furls the map and puts it back in his pack.

"I'd like to emphasize how important it is that we are not seen. At all."

"It looks like we're a bit ahead of schedule, which is perfect. We're leaving now. We're in friendly territory 'til we hit Lake Sembar, which we will all assume is hostile as the Nine Hells, so we can move both day and night. After Lake Sembar, it's night only."

Mikoll rises and hitches his pack.

"Let's get moving then."

Tyrael
2010-08-02, 09:50 PM
Elena swings her pack onto her back and double-checks her gear before nodding her assent to the scout. "Then let's go," she agrees.

Noedig
2010-08-02, 10:02 PM
Mikoll turns and starts to head out of the camp. He does not turn to see if you follow, but seeing as you were order to complete this mission, and he is the only one who can get you there, he assumes that you do.

mrcarter11
2010-08-02, 11:03 PM
"This should be quite the fun adventure. Sure you are all ready for it?"

Doombringer
2010-08-03, 03:40 AM
Cornet said nothing simply looked at the map and then to the woman known as Lady Elena before nodding. "Yes let us get a move on." He then started walking with an easy stride with the group hoping that they did not run into to much trouble.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-03, 08:49 AM
G'eld-as follows slowly, trying to be near the middle and thus away from danger.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-03, 09:29 AM
Corak will head to the front.

OOC: Should we establish marching order? (I guess that could be IC too...)

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-03, 10:05 AM
Shouldn't Cornet be in front, as he has better survivability?

Zencudis
2010-08-03, 11:03 AM
Rascine takes a place near the back of the group, behind G'eld. He makes sure to look behind him every few minutes.

Doombringer
2010-08-03, 04:09 PM
Cornet simply upon hearing that he should take the lead did so not even agruign the matter. He would then look to the others only when told to slow down or halt. He however figured Mikoll would say something soon enough to keep them focused and concentrated..gonna be a long walk with no one talking so he broke the ice. "Only thing worse than walking fifty miles ..is walking fifty miles in a set of armor."

Noedig
2010-08-03, 04:23 PM
Mikoll chuckles, which sounds more like a low rasp of breath.

"Only thing worse than walking fifty miles in armor...is running fifty miles in armor with an army breathing down your neck."

His hooded form casts a glance of his shoulder.

"Any of you got woodcraft experience? How not to leave a trail, how to find one, whats edible, what isn't. That kind of thing?"

Zencudis
2010-08-03, 05:07 PM
Listening to Mikoll and Cornet in the front talking about whats worse than walking fifty miles gave Rascine a chuckle or two so he decided to add his own.

"Only thing worse running fifty miles in armor with an army breathing down your neck is running fifty miles Behind the guy in armor with an army breathing down your neck."

Doombringer
2010-08-03, 06:31 PM
"Not I..Mikoll" Cornet said before laughing hearing the others add onto the joke. The road was long they mine as well enjoy the time while they could who knew what awaited them death, capture, or something even worse. Cornet quickly dismissed that idea trying to keep positive about things.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 08:38 AM
Please. At least be happy that this is a straight path. I once walked about a hundred miles throughout the mountains. Oh, and did I mention that the entire mountain was filled with those who wished to kill me? We've got it easy here.

Noedig
2010-08-04, 01:36 PM
Mikoll does not turn but nods.

"It's hard to track over solid stone, so whoever you were running from must have been good. Elves are good like that, some humans too. Elves have got centuries upon centuries of practice though. I knew an odd, hairy fellow once, who wasn't an elf, that tracked by scent or so he said, and he was the best I've ever seen. If he wanted to find you, he found you."

You have walked some miles now and the sun is starting to rise ahead of you in the east. Mikoll shows no signs of slowing.

Tyrael
2010-08-04, 02:20 PM
Elena soldiers onwards grimly, using her spear as a walking stick and not complaining.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 02:24 PM
Mikoll does not turn but nods.

"It's hard to track over solid stone, so whoever you were running from must have been good. Elves are good like that, some humans too. Elves have got centuries upon centuries of practice though. I knew an odd, hairy fellow once, who wasn't an elf, that tracked by scent or so he said, and he was the best I've ever seen. If he wanted to find you, he found you."

You have walked some miles now and the sun is starting to rise ahead of you in the east. Mikoll shows no signs of slowing.

No, they thankfully weren't chasing me, though they easily could have if they had known I was there. It was more that there were so many, I had to be sure my presence wasn't known at all. Funny story how that happened, I was actually helping a colony. Their leader was very grateful, but warned me that other colonies would not understand my kindness, and that I would have to escape without being noticed.

Noedig
2010-08-04, 02:35 PM
"Which mountains? I don't know of any large human settlements in the mountains around Cormyr."

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 02:41 PM
"Which mountains? I don't know of any large human settlements in the mountains around Cormyr."

It was a long time ago, before you were even born. I've traveled many places since then, helping people, fighting things, and generally earning a living. I've never stayed in one place for too long, though. No matter what I do, someone eventually finds out who I am. Even now, I might be leaving this army soon. The Marshal knows what I am and he isn't happy about it, though he is the only one that knows for now. Of course, I'm sure all of you will find out eventually. Who knows, I may even show you what's under this hood myself.

Zencudis
2010-08-04, 02:42 PM
Feeling much more confident that the lighting would allow him to see better, Rascine continued onward. He did turn around and take a good hard look behind the group before feeling free to put himself at ease though.

Spot Check: [roll0]

Noedig
2010-08-04, 02:55 PM
Rascine: You see nothing out of the ordinary. The smoke from the army's cook fires is visible in the distance. The ground is dry, so your footprints are not largely visible beyond the bent grass, which should straighten eventually.

Mikoll chuckles and half turns. "Careful with the clues you give me if you're trying to keep a secret." He raises his voice so it carries to the back of the group. "And don't worry about what's behind us just yet. We've still miles to go before that."
With that he turns back to the front and continues.

After another few hours of walking, Mikoll calls for a halt.

"This is our first stop. We'll make a camp here and rest. We're not in a hurry just yet. I estimate we've come roughly ten miles since yesterday evening."

OOC: No encounters yet despite the two rolls I made.

Zencudis
2010-08-04, 03:30 PM
Stopping to rest seemed like a good thing to do. Rascine's feet thanked him happily for the time off and the act of setting up his bedroll for at least a comfortable place to sit seemed to put his body at ease. Taking out some parchment and his pen, he reviewed some of his alchemy recipes and what materials he would need for them.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-04, 04:26 PM
Corak will quickly set up his tent and start eyeing up his companions. They all seemed more capable than he originally pegged them, but he needed to know for sure if was going to put his life in their hands. Especially if he was going to fight alongside them. He asks each of his non-caster companions, "Does anyone wish to have a sparring match?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 08:18 PM
G'eld-as sits down, preparing to watch any sparring match that may occur. After that, he will trance and prepare the same spells he had previously prepared.

Tyrael
2010-08-04, 09:54 PM
Elena shakes her head. "Sorry, I'm a healer, and not much of a fighter," she replies. "My general intention is to stay away from the fighting so I can patch up the real warriors."

mrcarter11
2010-08-04, 10:44 PM
"I could stand some fun, although I might burn you.." With a sinister smirk, Skullga looks at the warrior looking for a spar.

Doombringer
2010-08-05, 04:13 AM
"I don't fight for fun...sorry my friend." Cornet then looked to the other before sitting down and resting for he knew that soon rest would be a luxury that was not afforded to them. He would drink from his waterskin and simply watch any of the others who were actually fighting.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-05, 10:32 AM
@Doombringer: "Neither do I, but you have to practice to keep your skills sharp."

@mr carter: "Hah! Look at me! You think I'm afraid of fire?" Corak briefly surrounds himself with a small aura of flames.
(OOC: Prestidigitation + Control Flames)
"Alright then, what are your terms?"

OOC: To DM: We should probably fight in a separate thread to keep the game moving. Can we just do a fight to the death mechanics-wise but assume that we're not trying to kill, so nobody actually dies?

Noedig
2010-08-05, 11:39 AM
Mikoll turns to Corak and Skulga.

"Fight outside the camp. And try not to kill each other. We're short handed as is."

Doombringer
2010-08-05, 11:53 AM
Cornet just laughed "You two have fun try not to burn the forest down." he would shake his head at the all to optimistic pair. "Is it alright to sleep out of armor here? Cornet knew that it might not be such a good idea later but for now armor just seemed like a bad idea to sleep in. He was told they were still a few days out from the enemy territory so not wearing it to sleep was a good idea.

Noedig
2010-08-05, 01:35 PM
Mikoll nodded to Cornet.

"You should be fine for now, but get used to the idea of living day and night in it when we get into enemy territory."

Flames of War Sparing Match has been posted for you.

Doombringer
2010-08-06, 05:24 AM
Cornet nodded and with that stood and made his way into his respected tent. "Rest well and may Helm watch over you all." He would remove the armor before laying back and drifting off to sleep. He was not going to stay awake the more sleep he had the more alert he would be during the rest of the trip for any dangers.

Zencudis
2010-08-06, 11:18 AM
Carefully finishing all his writing on the page and waiting for the ink to dry, Rascine got out of his Chain Shirt and took a moment to eat some of his rations and drink some water. He wouldn't want to get into anything knowing that he hadn't eaten the day before. After his food break, Rascine lay down and gazed at the sky until he slowly dozed off into sleep.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-06, 02:41 PM
The match over, G'eld-as walks back to his tent and trances.

mrcarter11
2010-08-06, 11:01 PM
Skullga just kinda lays there for a bit, not really caring at this point. Wondering if murdering him in his sleep would be worth the effort.

Tyrael
2010-08-06, 11:17 PM
Elena lies down in her bedroll and drops off to sleep quickly, keeping her spear close at hand.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-07, 03:36 PM
Corak bends down and offer Skullga his hand. "Didn't hurt you too much did I? Nice breath by the way. What else can you do?"

mrcarter11
2010-08-07, 03:45 PM
Taking his hand to pull himself up. "My powers can change day to day. I can do many things, it just depends on what I choose to be able to do at the beginning of the day. You?"

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-07, 04:38 PM
"Ah, well the only thing I really do is kill people in a variety of interesting ways. I do that pretty well though. Magic is a power tool, regardless of what it's used for."

Noedig
2010-08-07, 05:17 PM
A quite restful eight hours pass, and the sun climbs high, then begins its descent. Mikoll rises first and wakes each of you in turn. After your gear is collected Mikoll pulls out the map again.

"We made good time yesterday."

He gestures to a point along your marked path.

"We're about halfway to Lake Sembar and we need to make it there by tonight, because we'll be going at snails crawl after that. I trust you are all ready to head out? Good. Let's get moving."

And with that Mikoll turns and leads the way.

Zencudis
2010-08-07, 07:32 PM
The rest was pleasant to say the least. Taking fifteen minutes while Mikoll and everyone was packing up tents and such, Rascine meditated. In that time, he recalled his spells from within his subconscious mind. Each one almost beckoning him to be cast forth.

Packing didn't take long, and donning his armor one more was no hassle when done correctly. Making his mental checklist, Rascine was more than ready to go. Something did cross his mind though that could be answered quickly enough.

"I know we aren't to that point yet but I would like to know beforehand. How did we plan to cross the Mistdale unseen?" He asked Mikoll as the group started walking again.

Noedig
2010-08-07, 07:50 PM
Mikoll half turned.

"Ideally we will be crossing at night. The river isn't particularly deep at our cross point, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult. One of the battle mages prepared a scroll for us if we should need it. It creates a mist that does a good job at concealing movement. And it won't be out of place as the river is in fact called 'Mistdale'."

Doombringer
2010-08-08, 09:01 AM
Cornet would simply place his armor on and strap his blade to his side. "Good morning everyone." Cornet would then pull some trail rations to eat as they walked. The dried fruit and berries he packed came in handy indeed. "So we when reach this Mistdale..how deep is the water where we will be crossing?" Cornet arched a curious brow water was not friendly to those in heavy armor.

Noedig
2010-08-08, 11:08 AM
"If it doesn't rain? Knee deep. If it rains? Waist deep."

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-08, 11:40 AM
Do we think it's going to rain?

Intelligence check to predict the weather: [roll0]

Noedig
2010-08-08, 11:49 AM
Mikoll laughs. It is not a pleasant sound.

"I don't think it will. Unless we piss off a druid, which could happen if say, we accidentally set the forest on fire, or pollute the river, or step on a flower. Theres a coven in the woods near the Mistdale if I recall."

Zencudis
2010-08-09, 10:42 PM
Rascine gives a laugh as well, trying not to appear as though Mikoll's chuckle caught him off guard.

"Well so long as we keep away from those pesky flowers, I think we'll be fine." In a fairly pleasant mood, Rascine asks around "So we've got a lot of time to kill. Anyone willing to break the ice with a story?"

Tyrael
2010-08-10, 02:15 AM
Elena smiles. "Well, I've got a few. Despite my upbringing, I had a few more common friends. I became very good friends with a common boy named Keith. This one time, he..." and she launches into a wide variety of tales (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sypWlInZ9y8) about Keith's misadventures in the docks of the town where she had grown up.

Noedig
2010-08-10, 08:52 AM
You've walked many miles and a forest looms not too far off. The sun has long since set and the moon brightly lights the night sky.

Mikoll halts at the base of a small hill.

"Alright, we're getting close to to the woods surrounding the lake. We'll push until we get there, and then sleep during the day. Tomorrow night, we'll make the river if all goes well."

"After we get to the-," Over the sound of Mikoll's voice, you hear what sounds like music. It appears to be coming from the other side of the hill.

Mikoll curses, loudly, which for him is slightly quieter than conversation volume.

"There aren't supposed to be people here. Elena, Cornet, and Skulga, wait here. Geld-as, Rascine, and Corak come with me." He unslings his bow from his back, and starts stealthily up the hill.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-10, 09:11 AM
G'eld-as loads a poisoned bolt in his crossbow before following.

Zencudis
2010-08-10, 09:49 AM
Rascine followed Geld-as and Mikoll up the hill moving as quietly as possible while trying to hear a little better what might have been going on. He readied his spear just in case.

Move Silently [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Doombringer
2010-08-11, 04:50 PM
Cornet looked to the others nd arched a brow he would do as told waiting. Eyes keet a look out and that hand staying gripped to the sword handle. Cornet was never much for waiting for the unknown the singing would also be heard to his ears and yes he would listen in..searching for an odd language or even a distinct dialect. "I hate this waiting." He muttered silently under his breath.

Listen Check:
[roll0]
11+2=13 total

Tyrael
2010-08-11, 05:12 PM
Elena grips her spear tightly as she waits silently alongside Cornet.

Noedig
2010-08-11, 05:59 PM
Everyone with Mikoll:
The scene before you appears to be that of a celebration of sorts. There are farmers and peasants dancing, tables of food, and a group of people playing instruments. Beyond the revelers you see a house, with what appears to be a small black flag hanging off of the front.

Mikoll curses under his breath.

"They are directly in the way. Even worse, they're Black Dragon supporters. We can't go around. We don't have time. We also cannot allow them to see us. I say we kill them. They support our enemy. I bet we can pick them off at a distance, between my bow, and both your skills in magic. What say you?"

Mikoll looks at Corak.

"Wait here at the top and come and support us if they try to close to melee. Stay out of sight."

Everyone at the bottom of the hill:
You hear what sounds like a celebration common among peasants. You can't quite pick out a theme or reason for the celebration. You see Mikoll gesturing with his hands at the top of the hill.

OOC: Decided to move things along a bit.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-11, 06:06 PM
G'eld-as draws his wand and shoots a Magic Missile at the two targets that are both closest and look weakest.

Missile 1: [roll0]
Missile 2: [roll1]
Wand: 49 charges

Noedig
2010-08-11, 07:24 PM
Two bright orbs of pure force lance out from the wand, striking two of the peasants below, slaying them instantly. There are a few tense moments of silence before a cry of terror howls out from the revelers.

Mikoll nods and unslings his bow.

"Right, we do it that way then. There's only ten or so, so this should be quick."

He takes aim and fires two arrows in rapid succession. Both arrows find their marks and two more peasants go down, gasping their last breaths.

"Six now. Make sure they don't get away. We can't afford any attention."

Zencudis
2010-08-11, 07:45 PM
Rascine also lets loose with Magic Missile at two separate targets. He doesn't really enjoy the slaughter of civilians but he wasn't willing to risk what might happened if he disobeyed orders. The missiles fly from his finger tips.

Missile 1 [roll0]
Missile 2 [roll1]

Umm double 4's? Heck yes!

*Edit for text

Noedig
2010-08-11, 08:29 PM
Everyone at the top of the hill:
Mikoll brings down the last four targets in a flurry of arrows. The screams die with the last peasant. The whole bloody scene had lasted only moments.

He turns to Rascine and Geld-as and nods with approval.

"Nice work. Lots of soldiers falter when faced with the hard decisions. Not you two."

He slings his bow back across his back and starts down the hill to the carnage below.

"Now, help me drag some of the bodies into the house. I'm going to have to make this look like a goblin attack if we don't want an army bearing down on us."

Everyone at the bottom of the hill:
A cacophony of screams erupts and is cut brutally short.

Zencudis
2010-08-11, 08:47 PM
Taking care not to let his lament for the dead show, Rascine assists in taking the limp bodies inside the building. Placing the body where Mikoll indicated, He took a look around the house to see if anything else might be lurking inside.

Spot Check: [roll0]

Noedig
2010-08-11, 08:58 PM
Mikoll stokes the fire that blazes cheerily in the stone fireplace. He glances at Rascine.

"Never did like working with corpses. And theres nothing here but corpses boy. You should probably step outside. You too Geld-as. This building will be coming down."

He takes a flaming log from the fire and tosses into the thatched roof of the building. Nothing happens for a moment but then the thatch starts burning in earnest. Mikoll moves to leave the building, which will be fully on fire shortly.

Doombringer
2010-08-13, 05:16 PM
Cornet knew from the screams what was happening and soon he was praying to his deity for forgiveness. "I must stay strong my deity has told me to watch over my flock and persevere.." saying that out loud to no one but himself and thanking Mikoll for not placing him in a situation such as that.

Zencudis
2010-08-13, 09:59 PM
It pained Rascine as he was walking back to the rest. These weren't soldier. They were men and women who worked real jobs. They may have been doing their work for the other side but it just felt wrong to kill them.

Look, it's them or it's your mission. You had no choice but to keep the mission. Don't let this get to you. I need you to stay sharp He thought about the lifeless bodies in the house that was now towering in flames. Just doing his job looked like this.

mrcarter11
2010-08-14, 02:33 AM
"So, screams cut short and now smoke.. What is going on over this hill?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-14, 09:53 AM
G'eld-as calmly walks back to the camp. Years of living in the Underdark protect him from the emotional turmoil he could tell his companions were feeling. While he disdains senseless violence, he feels no regret.

Noedig
2010-08-14, 10:49 AM
Mikoll stands at the top of the hill and calls down.

"Right, way's clear. We're about two hours walk from the lake and I'd like to get there before sunrise, when this smoke becomes visible. Not many people out here, but I'd rather not advertise our position."

He turns and starts back down the other side. Seeing Rascine he pauses.

"Hey. Put it out of your head. We're soldiers, and soldiers don't have the luxury to always be proud of their actions. It was us or them. That simple."

Mikoll continues down the hill toward the woods surrounding Lake Sembar, still miles in the distance.

OOC: I'm gonna be gone and without web access for one or two days or so. When I get back, we get into enemy territory.:smallbiggrin:

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-14, 12:26 PM
Corak sighs as he walks away from the burning building. "Just another day on the job," He thinks to himself. "Better not get distracted though. The real work is about to begin."

Doombringer
2010-08-16, 11:07 PM
Cornet looked to the others and remained silent before the group trecked onward. He himself would look about knowing soon enough he could pay back the enemy for decieving the poor people falling prey to their lies. "Not much longer now..not much longer." He muttered to himself as the day wore on.

Tyrael
2010-08-17, 04:40 AM
Elena sighs, picks up her spear, and resumes plodding along with the rest of the group.

Noedig
2010-08-18, 04:23 PM
The hours pass slowly as you walk, and a harvest moon rises as you near the edges of Lake Sembar. The trees grow thicker, and the canopy now blocks your view of the sky. You can hear the quiet lapping of water on the banks toward your front, and a chorus of crickets and nocturnal animals seemingly heralds your approach toward the waters. You come to a ring of trees and a small clearing with tall (little over knee high) grass about forty yards from the northern shore of the lake.

Mikoll stops and turns to you.

"So far so good. That homestead didn't delay us as badly as I expected. We're roughly half way to the objective now. The forward team left us some food and water in one of these trees. I'll find it, and while I'm doing that, draw lots for watch. After that find a place to bed down in the center of this clearing. Arrange yourselves in a circle, feet outward. We won't be having a fire tonight, so I hope you all brought blankets." Mikoll smirks, though you can't see him do so.

"We sleep here for the day, and then we move on tomorrow evening, around dusk. We follow the edge of the lake until we get to the tributary on its west end. Then we follow that all the way to the Mistdale."

Having finished, Mikoll turns to go and find the food.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-18, 05:33 PM
I can see in the dark, so it is only logical that I take the first watch.

mrcarter11
2010-08-18, 05:43 PM
"As can I, I may take second watch"

Doombringer
2010-08-20, 03:35 AM
Cornet looked to the others and said "I can take the last watch." He looks to the others and then moves to get himself comfortable and ready to sleep. The ground was lumpy but the long walk made him plenty tired. Cornet rolled once or twice eventually however he was in a somewhat peaceful sleep.

Zencudis
2010-08-20, 07:50 AM
Rascine folds out his bedroll once more. He was distant, though it was doubtful that anyone noticed. Setting himself up for rest was somewhat calming, however it suddenly occurred to him that he had some business to take care of. Dropping off his backpack as well as his equipment, he felt he needed to let someone know why he would be gone at least.

"Hey, Geld. I'll be right back. Bathroom." He said plainly as he started out to find a decently private spot in the woods.

Tyrael
2010-08-20, 10:38 AM
Elena nods absently as she shakes out her own bedroll. She wasn't used to this much marching so quickly, but none of the others were complaining, so she knew she couldn't be the whiner of the group.

After removing her armor and sliding into her bedroll, Elena lays her dagger at her side and quickly dozes off, exhausted.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-20, 10:51 AM
G'eld-as stares into the darkness, looking for anything out of place.

Listen: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

Noedig
2010-08-20, 03:06 PM
Geld-as: You spot a hunting fox, some other nocturnal animal life, and what you think was the tail end of Mikoll's cloak, but nothing out of the ordinary is visible.

Your watch passes slowly and without incident. It is actually quite peaceful.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-20, 04:15 PM
G'eld-as walks back to his tent and starts trancing.

Noedig
2010-08-20, 07:03 PM
Rascine: You walk in the dark woods looking for a place to relieve yourself. OOC:Roll a survival check please.

Zencudis
2010-08-20, 08:07 PM
Finding a quiet place, Rascine stops to double check his surroundings. "Wouldn't want to be caught with my pants down." he mumbled to himself.

Spot Check [roll0]
Listen Check [roll1]

Taking a few moments, he takes care of his business.

Survival Check [roll2]

Noedig
2010-08-22, 04:15 PM
Having no adequate source of light, you see very little that isn't in front of you. You hear nothing, which is odd, considering there was a nightly chorus going on a moment ago.

Just as you begin to relieve yourself, you notice that you are almost squatting in a particularly nasty type of itch-vine. You shuffle over to one side.

Doombringer
2010-08-22, 07:35 PM
Cornet woke when it was his watch taking a little water from his skin and splashing it upon his face. He then moved to take up watch..his human eyes not much use out in the far distance but the light of dawn would be breaking soon and that would be a relief. He pulled out his blade and soon he was sharpening it..knowing soon enough it would be needed. "Helm..I ask not for protection for myself but for those here.." Cornet said a pray to himself hoping that his god heard his humble plea.

Noedig
2010-08-25, 02:52 PM
Rascine:
While the silence continues, nothing special happens. You attribute it to your presence, and conclude your business.

Another several hours pass slowly and quietly. Mikoll finally returns with food.

The sun begins to peek over the horizon ever so slowly. The sky is overcast and there is a hint of rain in the air. Mikoll looks at the sky and curses.

"The river is going to be high."

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-25, 02:58 PM
Not to worry, I believe I have a solution. I could cast Enlarge Person on someone, who could then carry us across with little difficulty.

Doombringer
2010-08-25, 04:34 PM
Cornet looked to the man who thought up that idea and then nodded. "That is a pretty good idea." He then stood stretching and getting ready to head out. He took some of his rations and waited for the others. "How much farther do you suppose we have to go before we see the first signs of the enemy?"

Noedig
2010-08-25, 10:32 PM
Mikoll chews a bit of jerky thoughtfully for a moment.

"Well, the enemy isn't stupid. They likely understand that knowledge of your enemy and your battlefield can be more important than actual men at arms. That farm we burned proves that they've been making forays into our territory, likely to scout the land, or infiltrate amongst the farmers or both."

He glances at the woods beyond your small clearing.

"I would bet my year's pay that there are enemy patrols in these woods. Small groups. Five people at least. Ten gets to be a bit unwieldy if they're not properly trained. Men and women with my skills are in high demand. Doesn't do well to put them all in one place."

"My guess is that we'll see the enemy at the river. So in a day if we make good time tonight. They'll be patrolling it regularly. And I'll bet there's outposts at all the major bridges and fjords. We'll be in the thick of it soon I'd wager."

mrcarter11
2010-08-25, 10:44 PM
"Guess we better be ready for combat then. I think a group like this one, should be able to handle a small scout party without attracting to much attention."

Zencudis
2010-08-26, 10:33 AM
Rascine gave a little bit of thought to the words of Mikoll as well as the comments from his allies.

"If we can avoid combat, wouldn't it benefit to do so as much as possible? We wont want to give even the slightest chance of being discovered. Any good patrols would keep contact at least twice a day, about 12 hours apart." Rascine mentioned, bringing a little light to a possible bigger picture. "If they have casters it could be worse seeing as how they can keep contact more often. If we do enter into combat, we wont need to worry about the immediate enemy, but what happens after they don't continue contact with the others."

Noedig
2010-08-26, 12:27 PM
Mikoll nods.

"I agree but it's not that simple. We may not run into any patrols when we cross the river, but eventually we will, and secrecy goes out the window. When we kill off a patrol, and it doesn't report back, they'll wait a day, maybe. Then they'll send out a larger, better armed patrol to find the first. That'll take another twelve hours depending on how fast that second patrol moves. Twelve hours back to the outpost. The alarm goes up, and our mission gets a whole lot harder. So for all intents and purposes, after we kill that first patrol, we have two days maximum of secrecy left."

Zencudis
2010-08-26, 03:55 PM
"In that case, we may want to move as if we have one day. We may want to think about the return trip as well. Rascine mentioned, pausing a moment to ask Mikoll. "We are planning on a return aren't we?' Rascine looked slightly concerned about the answer.

Doombringer
2010-08-27, 09:01 AM
Cornet listens to the others and nodded the water was not a problem but the fact that they were running out of time might be. He said a silent prayer to helm and hoped that he was listening. Corent then drudged on through the hot sun with the others. "If an attack does happen...I suppose you are going to make it quick and clean disposing of the bodies. What if we took the place of the guard on the post..or took there uniforms..we could then act as a scouting party and would have an easy go to our target?"

Noedig
2010-08-27, 04:31 PM
Mikoll doesn't answer for a long moment.

"Return would be ideal for all us, but who can say. Battlefields are nasty places."

He turns to Cornet.

"Yes if we do end up killing some people the bodies could be a problem. I like the uniform idea, and it may be useful later on."

mrcarter11
2010-08-28, 02:26 AM
"I must say, killing scouts and impersonating them, just isn't a well thought out idea. What do we do, if questioned or if we meet another patrol? There are just to many variables for that to constitute a good plan."

Doombringer
2010-08-28, 06:34 AM
"You are wrong..we have certain imformation we already know..first there are scouting parties in the area .." Cornet nods. "Secondly if we are seen in the distance wearing the uniforms from scouts they will just think we are returning to camp. The looks of us now they would send men to out number and attack us." Cornet then says further trying to make others understand his plan. "Mikol could do all the talking as he knows plenty about the enemy...so if we are asked he could simply tell them we were scouting at a place where scouting parties were sent and returning to camp to report to the commanding officer. A normal soldier or simple guard will no the specifics of a scouting groups orders." Cornet went silent again after speaking letting other decide if it was for better or worse.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-28, 08:14 AM
Sounds solid enough to me, though it might present a problem to those such as myself and our resident Genasi, as I doubt that the enemy army contains many members of our races.

Noedig
2010-08-28, 11:18 AM
Mikoll looks up to the sky and stands.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The sun's getting low and I'd like to get an early start."

Zencudis
2010-08-28, 09:02 PM
"Well I think we should continue then. No point standing around and getting caught while talking about how not to get caught." Rascine mentioned while he tapped his belongings, double checking that he had them and adjusting anything that was out of place.

"Any suggestions on what we should do in case we are questioned by those druids you mentioned before?"

Noedig
2010-08-29, 12:04 AM
Mikoll chuckles.

"Try to be polite, and if things start to look really bad, try not to get killed."

mrcarter11
2010-08-29, 01:50 AM
"I honesty think that, if they find us, our life is forfeit in their lands, so violence may be our only chance. But you would know more on the subject then I do."

Noedig
2010-08-30, 07:30 PM
Mikoll shrugs. The sun was rapidly setting.

"We'll see. Now lets get moving."

Doombringer
2010-09-01, 06:34 AM
Cornet looked to the others and nodded before moving with Mikoll towards their goal. He was making sure his equipment was ready pulling his sword from the sheath once or twice to make sure it was going to come out freely. He then marched on whispering. "Be glad when this blasted marching is over."

Noedig
2010-09-01, 08:11 PM
Mikoll chuckles.

"A soldiers life is half marching to a fight and half waiting to fight. Get used to it."

mrcarter11
2010-09-02, 10:28 AM
"We can handle thee marching, still though, are we nearing our destination."

Noedig
2010-09-02, 01:03 PM
"We'll hit the river tonight, and depending on if the moon is out, we'll hopefully cross."

Doombringer
2010-09-03, 11:02 AM
Cornet laughed hearing Mikoll's words. "That is the truth is it not?" He drank from his waterskin and kept the pace going passing it along to other who might have not prepared one for themselves. "It is just water Mikoll don't get your hopes up." He laughs trying to keep the mood somewhat light for as long as he could.

Noedig
2010-09-03, 08:23 PM
"I don't drink on the job anyway. Dulls your wits."

After a two long hours of marching he slows his pace.

"We're close now. Keep quiet. Geld-as, up to the front with me."

Doombringer
2010-09-07, 04:58 AM
"Water dulls the wits?" Cornet mutters and then tries to remain as silent as possible. That blade to his side now had his hand on it eyes glared around the area knowing that soon it would be spilling blood. The thought was saddening but atleast it would give him something to do.

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-07, 01:28 PM
As you wish, I shall follow.

Zencudis
2010-09-07, 05:45 PM
The walking had stopped. That was enough to gather Rascine's attention into the present situation. He readied his own senses and prepared himself to spring at any moment. He was quiet and waiting.

Noedig
2010-09-09, 11:54 AM
Mikoll turns to Geld-as and drops his voice to barely a whisper.

"The river is about one hundred yards ahead. There should be a nice shallow spot there, but it may be deeper due to rain. You and I are going to advance as point men and they will advance at a forty foot interval. When we get to the river, you and I will look for anything suspicious. Since you have no trouble seeing in the dark, you're perfect for the job. You follow?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-09, 11:57 AM
I understand completely.

Doombringer
2010-09-10, 01:06 AM
Cornet just looked to Mikoll nodding as once again he was forced to wait. He then checked his equipment once more and muttered. "Time to go swimming it seems." He then would let the two move ahead their keen eyes much better than his own at night. Cornet once again muttered this time a silent prayer to Helm for safe and uneventful passage. The waiting now continued the silence and that was worse than the fighting sometimes.

Noedig
2010-09-10, 12:43 PM
"Good. Quick and quiet now."

OOC: Geld-as and Mikoll; roll move silently.
Mikoll: [roll0]

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-10, 01:35 PM
[roll0]

I don't want to get my cloak wet, so I suppose it is time I revealed my identity.[COLOR]

G'eld-as pulls off his cloak, revealing coal-black skin, white hair, and piercing red eyes. You can sense both great power and great, albeit supressed, evil emnating from him.

[COLOR="Red"]You are my allies now, and I can't keep this from you. I am a Drow. Let's go.

Tyrael
2010-09-10, 01:57 PM
Elena stares at G'eld curiously. Having held her uncomplaining silence throughout most of the marching, this is unexpected enough to make her timidly ask, "Err...what's a drow?"

mrcarter11
2010-09-10, 02:18 PM
"If I may, I believe that they are elves from darkness. I do fail to see your reasoning for hiding it though."

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-10, 03:27 PM
"If I may, I believe that they are elves from darkness. I do fail to see your reasoning for hiding it though."

We have an incredibly nasty reputation among most civilized races, not at all undeserved. My people are extremely vicious, even among each other. I am glad that there are some who are willing to accept us.

Noedig
2010-09-10, 07:54 PM
Mikoll nods, as if he is not the least bit surprised.

"Right, we're all friends. Now lets get moving."

mrcarter11
2010-09-10, 10:30 PM
"I'd consider the gifts of your race a blessing, not a curse in this war. As for accepting, if your okay with what I do, I have no qualms with what you are. And agreed, we should continue moving."

Zencudis
2010-09-11, 12:27 PM
Rascine, looked upon the Drow with a mild curiosity. He had heard that they were almost deadly when armed with either blade or magic. "I wonder how well I could keep up with him?" Rascine asked himself, giving a moment to ponder the possibilities.

A new challenge set, he moved ahead quietly, eager to measure himself against the other caster.

Tyrael
2010-09-11, 02:43 PM
Elena sighs and lowers her head, trudging along with her spear, glum and dispirited from the endless tedium of marching.

Doombringer
2010-09-15, 03:40 AM
Cornet looked to the drow and nodded. He did not care about the color of a man's skin nor the deeds of his past...it was his actions now that made him who he was. He continued onward with the group moving as quietly as his armor allowed. "I hope I prove of some worth soon." Cornet thought to himself.

mrcarter11
2010-09-15, 10:25 AM
In a bit of hushed tone, "So, anyone else feeling like they could stand a good fight?"

Noedig
2010-09-16, 09:31 AM
You begin to hear the sound of running water not to far ahead. As you approach, you catch glints of moonlight off of what looks to be water. You come to a gently sloping bank.

Mikoll stops and turns to the rest of you.

"Geld-as and I will cross first and scout the far bank. When we give the all clear you can cross. Someone will have to cover us while we cross. The water looks deeper than normal so going will be slow."

He immediately turns and approaches the river.

Spot and listen from everyone please.

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-16, 02:30 PM
G'eld-as follow into the river.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Doombringer
2010-09-17, 03:35 AM
Cornet nods to the others before looking about trying to cover Mikoll and Geld-as. Eyes and ears were open the faint sound of water was heard but he tried to block it out and listen. "Helm look over the both of you." Cornet then went silent keeping as hidden as possible his eyes scanning the area once more.

Rolls:[roll0]
[roll1]

Zencudis
2010-09-17, 05:11 PM
Rascine crouches down to give his legs a bit of a rest. He scours the river and other surroundings for anything out of the ordinary. His spear still at his side almost itching to be used.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

mrcarter11
2010-09-17, 06:46 PM
As I stay near the bank, I scan the area..

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]