PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Starship troopers, D&D style

ghostaxe
2010-07-31, 12:52 PM
Recruitment thread (see for rules) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162241)

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9045837)

Players:

Bayar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228482)
Vizzerdrix (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228407)
TIPOT (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228593)
NM020110 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228506)
Doombringer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226890)
tinydwarfman (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228627) Cohort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228973)

Map:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MDQ3-r1wO0Y/TFLhBcVG9sI/AAAAAAAAAA0/t2T_64DZKMY/s512/ST_Map.png

ghostaxe
2010-07-31, 01:01 PM
Day 0, 5:45 am

Alarms awaken you from your sleeping, and moments later your commanding officer's voice blares across the radio. "Morning apes. It's a fine day today, and it will continue to be a fine day, as long as you keep killing them Buggers as usual. Now, I don't need to remind you that the Power Crystal is *crucial* to our operations here. It goes down, and we abandon you, got that?

"We of the Terran Mobile Infantry treat our own well. If you should fall in battle in the line of duty.. and if your comrades successfully defend the crystal, we will restore a clone of you, full with your memories up until the last event... for a reasonable price that you will pay off with your future earnings.

Now then, our scouts report that the Buggers are on a circadian rhythm of 6 hours, so be prepared for them to attack 4 times a day regularly. They will be here some time in the next hour, so position yourselves and do whatever you need to get ready.

Finally, there are some other indigenous organisms on this planet, we have reason to suspect that they have come under Bugger control, so it is quite likely you will have to fight against these foes as well. In a word, shoot anyone other than a Terran.

Good luck men."

Place yourselves on the map, and declare any preparations you take.

Vizzerdrix
2010-07-31, 01:24 PM
Move to D-2

In my first hour: Take a the Donkeys to the left door. Hobble them together so running will make them trip (Left front leg under one to back right leg of the other). Salute them for their noble sacrifice, then Drop Lv2 Black sand on us. If they run, I'll whack them for subdual damage and drag them back into the sand.

Reflex to get out of the way, but animals hobbled by manacles.
Sand has a healing effect on me from tomb tainted soul feat.
First minute of sand.

DC 15

Damage per round:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Dead within the area become permanent black sand, so I'll put some in my boots, and spread the rest around in front of the door.

The chickens follow after the donkeys, one by one. Tossed in.

NM020110
2010-07-31, 01:34 PM
I'll purchase a scroll of lesser planar binding and set up a magic circle (facing inward). I will then use a scroll of lesser planar binding (I'm not sure if I need a UMD for this or not) to call a medium earth elemental. The task for it is to dig a 200 foot deep hole in front of the gate, 20 feet wide and 20 feet long.

UMD (if applicable)
[roll0] (10 ranks, 2 magical aptitude, 2 cosmopolitan, 2 spellcraft synergy, 2 decipher script synergy, 1 ability mod, 7 pact insidious)
DC of 29...barely made it.

Readied action: Stand on the wall.

ghostaxe
2010-07-31, 01:40 PM
Medium Earth Elemental will save (+1): [roll0] (DC 17)

Medium Earth Elemental Charisma check (+0): [roll1] (DC 20)

The medium Earth Elemental does as you says and prepares the hole.

Bayar
2010-07-31, 05:03 PM
Spells memorised:
Level 0:
Launch Bolt, Acid Splash, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost

Level 1:
Mage Armor
Sniper's Shot
Expeditious Retreat
Grease

Level 2:
Invisibility
Summon Swarm
Glitterdust

Level 3:
Summon Monster 3
Fireball

TIPOT
2010-07-31, 05:11 PM
I drink my potion of mage armour

Go up to the wall at about the middle in K.

Use my oil of flame arrows on 50 bolts, before loading them into my nine crossbow with 5 flaming bolts left over. I'll put 6 of the loaded crossbows in my handy haversack (if we're playing by encumberance rules), then the rest on my person with the rest. I'll hold one

Ready an action to shoot the first one that comes in range (180ft)

Tinydwarfman
2010-07-31, 05:14 PM
I'll pull out a magnifying glass and focus the rays of the sun on some nearby ants. Ah, it's good to be pyromaniac. :smallbiggrin:

ghostaxe
2010-07-31, 10:20 PM
Everyone please clearly define your position, as well as that of any minions. By about noon tomorrow, if you have not specified position or any readied actions, I will randomly put you somewhere reasonable and start the wave.

NOTE: Any actions you declare (e.g. Illusory Walls) must be declared here, and not the OOC thread, in order to be valid.

NM020110
2010-07-31, 10:36 PM
Very well, I cast illusory wall four times to cover the pit completely such that there is no disturbance in the ground (using the exact pattern as was present before digging). I am position in 0-M, with a readied action to do nothing. Anything else?

Tinydwarfman
2010-07-31, 10:37 PM
Me and my entourage of hooded cultists chanting in low latin are clustered on the middle of the wall. 0-K if I'm reading the map right.

ghostaxe
2010-07-31, 11:11 PM
OK, NM, you have used all 4 4th level spells for the day. Please mark your character sheet with Spells Prepared and Spells used.

In keeping with Standard Pit traps, (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/traps.htm#cr5CamouflagedPitTrap) it will be a Reflex DC 20 save to avoid falling into the holes.

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-01, 07:23 AM
If I have enough, I cover areas D1, D2, E1, E2 with the sand (only need a thin coating) Then I wait behind Left door at D-2.

ghostaxe
2010-08-01, 08:07 AM
Current Map:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_MDQ3-r1wO0Y/TFVxDpt8ohI/AAAAAAAAABM/N6trS7HlJ20/s512/ST_Map_01-01.png

Bayar and Doombringer, if you don't like where I positioned you, please tell me soon-ish where you want to be instead.

Vizzerdrix: you realize you can't actually see the monsters from your position, right?

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-01, 09:51 AM
How high is the wall?

NM020110
2010-08-01, 10:36 AM
Wall is 30 feet high and indestructible.

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-01, 12:29 PM
Yes sir. But we have spotters up on the wall, and I can re enforce the doors. The longer something is in the sand, the better.

ghostaxe
2010-08-01, 01:02 PM
Time that the attack commences: 6am + [roll0] = 6:28 am.

Round 0:

As you wait, wondering if the Buggers will really attack, suddenly, you all hear a low-pitched humming noise as you see a large mass of kobolds suddenly materialize in the portals.

The kobolds look driven, and while unarmored, each carries a crossbow with a grappling hook bolt (with rope attached) already loaded. They also have a spear strapped to their back, along with a quiver.

Map:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_MDQ3-r1wO0Y/TFW4FgjDezI/AAAAAAAAABQ/kwVtxo4jF7g/s512/ST_Map_01-02.png

No readied actions are triggered.

Round 1:

Players, please state your actions.

NM020110
2010-08-01, 02:03 PM
Alright, I'll hold up a small globe on a chain as a full round action, preparing Dessicating Bubble. (Activate spell pool I)
"I would suggest that we leave them be for the time being. We stand to gain much by observing the enemies behavior."

Actually, I'll stick to the basics for now. I'll cast silent image to create illusory darkness over the wall, extending over the entire surface and five feet forwards from F to N (That should grant concealment to everyone in the section).

I whisper to the minion next to me "This is an illusion. Pass that down the wall."

OOC: Now before anyone tries to kill me for that, it should prevent the enemy from being able to see us, which may give bonuses to attack (invisible attacker) and stop them from, well...doing anything to us. If I am misunderstanding on this, please correct me before I do it again...Also, if anyone fails their save, I'll move it back to only the wall. Someone might see a crossbow stick out, but your five foot vision will still see out of the darkness. If nothing else, it'll give a miss chance to the wall...

ghostaxe
2010-08-01, 02:31 PM
*Blink, blink* Uh, OK.

TIPOT and Tinydwarfman: Make Will saves for yourself and your minions to disbelieve the illusion. You get a +4 circumstance bonus from NM's advice. DC of the save is 17. If you fail, you cannot see more than 5' away, although you can reattempt the Will save next round.

Bayar, Vizzerdrix, and Doombringer: There now appears to be a black cloud covering the middle of the wall section, and extends 5' past the wall. You briefly wonder what other tricks the Buggers have up their sleeves.

TIPOT
2010-08-01, 05:04 PM
OOC shouldn't we roll initiative?

will save to disbelieve [roll0]

TIPOT
2010-08-01, 05:11 PM
I'll then rapid shot at the kobolds, going for the ones on the right (I think they are two range incrediments away so i take -2 penalty to my attacks)

attack 1 [roll0] damage [roll1] + plunging shot [roll2] + flame arrows [roll3]

attack 2 [roll4] damage [roll5] + plunging shot [roll6] + flame arrows [roll7]

attack 3 [roll8] damage [roll9] + plunging shot [roll10] + flame arrows [roll11]

note;I factored a minus 2 penalty on all my attack rolls, if this is wrong (it might be) please tell me

Bayar
2010-08-01, 05:42 PM
"Leave them be just so we could study their tactics and hopefully better prepare ourselves for the next invasions ? That is one magor negatory !". Grasping his wand tightly in his left hand, Derek raises his right hand targetting the left kobold group.

"Go vanish into volcanic ash, heretics !" screams Derek as he throws his fireball at them.

Targetting the B-C 18-19 square intersection so I can catch 4 squares of kobolds.

[roll0] Fire damage, Reflex DC 18 for half.

ghostaxe
2010-08-01, 08:07 PM
(Initiatives won't be used here unless I tell you it's necessary.)

TIPOT:

You notice that your crossbow bolts seem to blink if they were fading out of existence as they enter the portal area.

Miss chance, [roll0], hit if > 50.

The first kobold deftly ducks your crossbow bolt.
The second kobold would have been hit, except your bolt magically phases out of existence just before hitting.
The third bolt grazed the kobold, but caused no lasting damage.

Bayar:

You notice that your fireball seems to be partially translucent, rather than the full explosion of orange flames that you usually expect, on the regions covered by the pink portal squares.

Miss chance: [roll1]

Ref saves (+2): [roll2] (equiv DC 16)

The fireball seems to extinguish at the edges, but the 4 kobolds in the middle quickly die a fiery death.

Bayar Kill count: 4

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-01, 09:04 PM
Alright, lets do this! Wills Saves: Me: [roll0] Cohort: [roll1] Followers:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Wow that was terrible.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-01, 09:06 PM
Re-rolls with +4 due to knowledge of illusion:
Me: [roll0]
Cohort: [roll1]
Followers:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

3 followers fail. "What the hell are you doing?" I scream at the illusionist, before casting Enlarge Person on my Cohort. I direct 3 of my cultists to fire at 3 different kobolds on the left.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-01, 09:19 PM
Firing:
[roll0] (I assume, I haven't actually stated them out, but that's probably it)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-01, 09:20 PM
Ah, crap, I am really forgetful today. [roll0] [roll1]
I assume the 4 missed.

Sorry for the Quad-post everyone. Can't roll during edits. :smallredface:
Also, My sheet is re-done, and my cohort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228973)is done.

NM020110
2010-08-01, 09:22 PM
"Ending any threat they could pose to us. When you get the chance, consider what would happen if they pulled one of us off with those bolts. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to observe how they react."

Doombringer
2010-08-02, 01:46 AM
:Ukiah would simply grab the thunderstones from my bag and start hurling them when the enemy gets close enough...along with alchemist fire..nothing like deaf people covered in fire as well.:

(Sorry for the delay)
(They do not need AC as I am just hurling them on the armor or the ground..the splash effects and burst effects should effect alot of them. Think human catupult is what I am..and luckily these aren't magic so dispelling doesn't work)

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-02, 09:11 AM
Move to location K, -1 (Behind the wall and minions)

Casting Bless (All allies within 50 ft. +1 morale to attack rolls and against fear effects. 6 minutes duration. I should catch most everyone in that.

ghostaxe
2010-08-02, 12:34 PM
Tinydwarfman:

1 potential hit. Miss chance [roll0]. The kobold hit by the first Warlock's Eldritch Spear (please state that it's an Eldritch Spear in the future) grunts in pain, but relentlessly advances.

Round 1:

The kobolds charge forward with full speed (full run), heedless of any damage that you may or may not do to them.

Just as you are bracing yourselves for the inevitable attack, you suddenly hear that humming noise again, and realize to your horror that another squadron of kobolds has just phased in.

Map:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_MDQ3-r1wO0Y/TFcD3BNJzHI/AAAAAAAAABk/LGBq_JPgXp4/s512/ST_Map_01-03.png

Players, please state your actions.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-02, 01:02 PM
(From now on, since the only Invocation my warlocks know is Eldritch Spear, they will always be using Eldritch Spear.)

My Cohort will move on top of the Black Sand gate, and will ready a Steel Wind using Lunging Strike on any kobold that comes in the square right below him
(He should have 20 base reach for being enlarged with a reach weapon, and then an extra 5 from lunging strike makes 25, enough to hit anything right below him)

I will direct my cultists to attack the kobolds on the left again, this time 2 to each kobold.
1d20+3 1d20+3
[roll0] [roll1]

1d20+3 1d20+3
[roll2] [roll3]

1d20+3 1d20+3
[roll4] [roll5]

Last but not least, I will cast Wall of Smoke on the top right portal area, covering the entire area, and then some depending on my roll. (fort save or nausea) Caster level: [roll6]

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-02, 01:05 PM
F'd up the rolls.
[roll0] [roll1] (touch)

[roll2] [roll3] (touch)

[roll4] [roll5] (touch)

Also, my wall covers 19 P-T, and 18 Q-S.

Doombringer
2010-08-02, 01:13 PM
:Ukiah would simply grab the thunderstones from my bag and start hurling them when the enemy gets close enough...along with alchemist fire..nothing like deaf people covered in fire as well.:

(Sorry for the delay)
(They do not need AC as I am just hurling them on the armor or the ground..the splash effects and burst effects should effect alot of them. Think human catupult is what I am..and luckily these aren't magic so dispelling doesn't work)

Doing this when they are against the walls..

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-02, 01:34 PM
I move behind Black Sand Gate. (to E, -1,)

ghostaxe
2010-08-02, 01:57 PM
Tinydwarfman:

Three of your minions still only see darkness (let's say the last 3 rolls). I'll rule that they can "interact" with the illusion as a move action, so make their Will saves, please.

Also, Lunging Strike requires BAB +6, which your cohort cannot possibly have, since he is level 5. Additionally, note that Lunging Strike takes a full round action, and cannot be readied or used in conjunction with a Martial Maneuver.

EDIT: Furthermore, Wall of Smoke is Close Range, which for you is 35 ft. You can't reach the Portal from where you are. Also, as a 7th level equivalent Sorcerer, you know 5 1st level spells. Right now, I'm counting 6 on your character sheet (Benign Transposition, Enlarge Person, Grease, Silent Image, True Strike, and Wall of Smoke). Please note the level of the spells (and preferably the source as well) on your character sheet.

NM020110
2010-08-02, 02:05 PM
"Hmmm...that may be a problem..."I use my standard action to concentrate on the cloud of darkness and part it (move the darkness into adjacent squares) around the three minions who failed their saves, allowing them to see clearly. I will then take my move action to move to the right ten feet.

TIPOT
2010-08-02, 04:09 PM
I'll shoot at three kobolds to the right, the three in the K, L and M

Rapid shot

attack1 [roll0] damage - base [roll1] + plunging shot [roll2] + flaming arrows [roll3]

attack2 [roll4] damage - base [roll5] + plunging shot [roll6] + flaming arrows [roll7]

free action drop now empty first crossbow,

free action draw another crossbow

attack3 [roll8] damage - base [roll9] + plunging shot [roll10] + flaming arrows [roll11]

Hoping for some hits

ghostaxe
2010-08-02, 04:15 PM
TIPOT: Congratulations, all three bolts in fact hit their targets, and kill their targets.

TIPOT kills: 3.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-02, 07:47 PM
Tinydwarfman:

Three of your minions still only see darkness (let's say the last 3 rolls). I'll rule that they can "interact" with the illusion as a move action, so make their Will saves, please.

Also, Lunging Strike requires BAB +6, which your cohort cannot possibly have, since he is level 5. Additionally, note that Lunging Strike takes a full round action, and cannot be readied or used in conjunction with a Martial Maneuver.

EDIT: Furthermore, Wall of Smoke is Close Range, which for you is 35 ft. You can't reach the Portal from where you are. Also, as a 7th level equivalent Sorcerer, you know 5 1st level spells. Right now, I'm counting 6 on your character sheet (Benign Transposition, Enlarge Person, Grease, Silent Image, True Strike, and Wall of Smoke). Please note the level of the spells (and preferably the source as well) on your character sheet.

Ah yes, [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Gah, I knew I was going to futz somthing up on my character sheets. I was building him last minute, so I just did it from memory.

As to the spells, shouldn't I get an extra from CHA bonus? I am very stupid. My DM has used that house-rule since I started learning D&D, so I automatically did it. I'll ditch 2 spells.
Also, I'll cast Wall of smoke in a different location, Here: Red = Smoke
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae330/tinydwarfman/ST_Map_01-03.png

Bayar
2010-08-03, 08:40 AM
"Blast it ! They are still coming ! Ah well, what can you do..." Switching his wand into his right hand, Derek shoots a seeking ray from it at the Kobold that seems to be leading the charge. "Get lost pests, there is nothing here for you. The crystal is in another castle. The power of bull**** compels you !"

Ranged touch attack: [roll0] at kobold in D7
Damage: [roll1]

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 09:09 AM
Bayar:

Your ray of electricity hits, but fortunately or unfortunately, the kobold dies before the ray has a chance to resonate to guide your next shot on him.

Bayar Kills: 5.

Tinydwarfman:
Your minions manage to kill two of the kobolds to the left, and wound a third.

Tinydwarfman Kills: 2.

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 09:20 AM
Round 2:

Five of the kobolds dash through Wall of Smoke (DC 15, their mod is -1)

[roll0], adjusted DC = 16. Two of the kobolds start to be a bit light headed, and starts hurling their breakfast (some strange bluish stew).

The second wave of kobolds charge forth with full runs as expected.

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 09:27 AM
The remaining kobolds of the first wave move forward, and start shooting.

1 shoots a Bayar. [roll0] Damage [roll1]

2 of them shoot at the wall, and their grappling hooks form a tight line, allowing them to try to scale the wall next round. [roll2] [roll3]

1 shoots at a minion. [roll4] Damage [roll5]

2 shoot at Doombringer. [roll6] [roll7] Damage [roll8]

2 more shoot at the wall. [roll9] [roll10]

Other than the ones that were shooting at inanimate objects, all of the kobolds miss.

Map:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MDQ3-r1wO0Y/TFgoNSU8vtI/AAAAAAAAAB0/tmooq6FK6SY/s512/ST_Map_01-04.png

Players, state your actions.

Doombringer
2010-08-03, 09:58 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

One is alchemist fire the other thunderstone.

(Even with the negatives that is well over twenty each..so should hit.)

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-03, 10:39 AM
I move forward to E1, next to the F square.

Unless I have to stop to open the door, then I guess I do that.

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 01:23 PM
Vizzerdrix: It'll be a full-round action to open the door (10ft section). So you can take a 5' step and fully open the door this round, or you can change your action.

Doombringer: The natural 20 automatically hits. For the other one: you rolled an 18, with your BAB(+5) and DEX (+2), that's 25. You're doing TWF without the TWF feat, so that's a (-8) to your attack roll. They're 4 range increments away (40 feet horizontal + 30 feet vertical = 50 feet total), so you take another (-8) to your roll, and your final attack roll is 9, hitting the square's AC of 5, but not the kobold's AC, so it's an indirect hit. The kobold takes 1 damage from the Alchemist's fire, but is not dead.

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 01:32 PM
Doombringer:

Kobold's Fort save: [roll0] DC 15. The kobold is deafened.

NM020110
2010-08-03, 02:42 PM
OOC: Where, precisely, are the staircases?

I'm going to drop the illusion; the threat to the crystal is somewhat greater than the threat to us. I'll move fifteen feet down the wall, and cast grease on the top half of square 0-S, with the other five feet going onto the wall (unless it is possible to make it a five by twenty surface, in which case I hit 0-S and 0-T on the wall).

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 08:10 PM
Stairs are the bottom half of row 0 (assume there's a stair or ladder leading up from each 10' section).

OK, you have Greased the wall at 0S and the 5' in front of the wall on 1S

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-03, 11:51 PM
I'll hold position in case any get overe the wall.

TIPOT
2010-08-04, 04:29 AM
Okay so rapid shot full attack, attacking first the kobolds who have used there grappleing hooks, first shot at the one in column S, then in T, before finally the one in F. (If I miss with any attacks, I'll shoot the same target again to try to kill them)

attack 1 [roll0] damage base [roll1] + plunging shot [roll2] + flame arrows [roll3]

attack 2 [roll4] damage base [roll5] + plunging shot [roll6] + flame arrows [roll7]

attack 3 [roll8] damage base [roll9] + plunging shot [roll10] + flame arrows [roll11]

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 10:00 AM
TIPOT: Two hits and two kills. Total = 5.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 10:08 AM
Round 3:

As the kobolds continue to charge forward, 2 of them walk straight into the pit trap.

[roll0] DC = (20-2) Both fall to gruesome deaths at the bottom of the pit. Other kobolds seem to take notice that two of them companions apparently dropped into solid ground. (OOC: Who dug the pit again? Was it NM?)

One on the left walks straight into the black sand. Damage [roll1] The kobold is injured by the sand, but continues onwards.

The ones that survived the feat start scaling the wall.

The second wave continues forth, and all of them fire their grappling hook bolts at various points of the wall.

[roll2] AC = (5-2) 2 of them manage to miss the wall.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 10:17 AM
4 more kobolds pass through the wall of smoke:

Will: [roll0] DC (15+1) 3 of them are nauseated

2 kobolds get to start climbing:

Climb: [roll1] DC (15-4). Both of them make it 15' up onto the wall.

Map:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MDQ3-r1wO0Y/TFmFPjGivNI/AAAAAAAAACM/5zXQj20QdPQ/s512/ST_Map_01-05.png

Players please state your actions.

NM020110
2010-08-04, 10:32 AM
That would be my 200 foot pit trap, yes. I'm going to take a full round action and prepare wind wall. I'll then take a five foot step going down the stairs (provided that I still have line of effect to the crystal, if I won't, then I'll five-foot step into O-0).

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-04, 11:02 AM
Wait, did I miss my turn? I was still waiting for your answer on the Awl Pike, so I didn't post yet. I was going to tell 3 pair of minions to fire at the ones who had grappled the wall, and I was going to cast Snake's Swiftness, giving everyone one extra melee or ranged attack, in which my cohorts would again attack as pairs.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 11:18 AM
Oops, sorry. Bayar and Tinydwarfman, please state your actions for the last round, and I will revise.

Bayar
2010-08-04, 11:53 AM
Derek is going to summon a Rat swarm Directly below him, and as far away from the wall as possible. Full round action, the appear right before my next turn. Hopefully they will run to the kobolds in front of them and decide to ignore all the other things on the walls. "Come forth, my minions, come forth and feast upon their FLESH !"

On my next turn I']]Derek will attempt to sneak attack the nearest kobold climbing the wall, with an acid splash, since he should lose his bonus DEX to AC and qualify.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Will finish by drawing a dagger in my left hand.

Edit: "I cannot belive this ish !"

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-04, 11:53 AM
Alright, Cultists attack those who are already attached to the walls.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

Then my cohort will move to the black sand gate and ready an attack.

Then I Cast Snake's Swiftness and everyone attacks once more, including my cultists.

[roll12] [roll13]
[roll14] [roll15]

[roll16] [roll17]
[roll18] [roll19]

[roll20] [roll21]
[roll22] [roll23]

Remember, everyone gets one more attack, or at least all of my team-mates within 200ft.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 12:26 PM
Derek is going to summon a Rat swarm Directly below him, and as far away from the wall as possible. Full round action, the appear right before my next turn. Hopefully they will run to the kobolds in front of them and decide to ignore all the other things on the walls. "Come forth, my minions, come forth and feast upon their FLESH !"

On my next turn I']]Derek will attempt to sneak attack the nearest kobold climbing the wall, with an acid splash, since he should lose his bonus DEX to AC and qualify.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Will finish by drawing a dagger in my left hand.

Edit: "I cannot belive this ish !"

Bayar:

You finish summoning your swarm. You manage to hit the kobold, but the damage is insufficient to kill him.

NM020110
2010-08-04, 12:27 PM
With my extra move or standard action, I'll use a minor image to make a three-foot high wall on the edge of the actual wall, which should throw off the kobold's aim because they aren't aiming at the right target. With the seven feet of illusion below the wall I will create illusory darkness. This effect will cover K-T.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 12:29 PM
Negative. Snake's Swiftness is like a haste spell applied for 1 round. You can *only* make a single melee or ranged attack. You may NOT cast a spell or invoke a Eldritch Blast with it. Also, it only has a 20' radius.

Tinydwarfman, you may change your action if you wish.

Tinydwarfman: Your cultists manage to damage all 3 kobolds, but kills none. Oops, they aren't on the wall yet in the last round. Your cultists manage to hit 2 kobolds, and they're hurt but not dead.

NM020110
2010-08-04, 12:37 PM
Well that doesn't do much for me, as I am decidedly combat averse...Action is void, then.

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-04, 01:18 PM
Negative. Snake's Swiftness is like a haste spell applied for 1 round. You can *only* make a single melee or ranged attack. You may NOT cast a spell or invoke a Eldritch Blast with it. Also, it only has a 20' radius.

Tinydwarfman, you may change your action if you wish.

Tinydwarfman: Your cultists manage to damage all 3 kobolds, but kills none. Oops, they aren't on the wall yet in the last round. Your cultists manage to hit 2 kobolds, and they're hurt but not dead.

Uh, what? The 200 ft. burst thing was a typo, sorry, but you take the attack out of turn order.

The subject can immediately make
one melee or ranged attack. Taking
this action doesn’t affect the subject’s
normal place in the initiative order.
This is a single attack and follows the
standard rules for attacking.
This spell does not allow the subject
to make more than one additional
attack in a round. If the subject has
already made an additional attack, due
to a prior casting of this spell, from the
haste spell, or from any other source,
this spell fails.

Since I haven't cast haste beforehand, there should be no reason why other people be able to attack. On the subject of EBs, yeah, I figured that since they're pretty much unlimited, they're almost the same as regular ranged attacks. I should give my Cohorts crossbows.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 01:28 PM
Uh, what? The 200 ft. burst thing was a typo, sorry, but you take the attack out of turn order.

Since I haven't cast haste beforehand, there should be no reason why other people be able to attack. On the subject of EBs, yeah, I figured that since they're pretty much unlimited, they're almost the same as regular ranged attacks. I should give my Cohorts crossbows.

Yes, they can attack (with melee or ranged weapons), but they cannot cast spells and they cannot use EBs. EB is a spell-like ability, which uses a standard action to cast. You can switch your cohorts to crossbows next wave if you wish... the main benefit of EB is that it's a touch attack, rather than a normal attack.

Doombringer
2010-08-05, 04:41 AM
:Ukiah reaches to the quiver taking an arrow and pulling back letting it fly towards the kobold closest to the wall and yelling: "How you like that you lizard headed so of a !@#$."

(Shooting Composite longbow at the one in square R1)

Doombringer
2010-08-05, 04:45 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

ROLL DARN IT! Sorry for the double post dice roller went dumb on me ..

That is an 18 total to hit and 11 damage.

TIPOT
2010-08-05, 05:31 AM
My free extra attack then

attack [roll0] damage [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

TIPOT
2010-08-05, 05:39 AM
Then I full attack, rapid shot at the three nearest to me that are 30ft below me

attack [roll0] damage [roll]1d10+4[/oll] + [roll1] + [roll2]

attack [roll3] damage [roll]1d10+4[/oll] + [roll4] + [roll5]

attack [roll]1d20+5/roll] damage [roll]1d10+4[/oll] + [roll6] + [roll7]

TIPOT
2010-08-05, 05:40 AM
mucked up the attack + damage rolls so I'll roll the last attack again

attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

ghostaxe
2010-08-05, 10:47 AM
Doombringer: Your arrow hits and kills your target

Tipot: 3 more kills.

NM020110
2010-08-05, 11:18 AM
Is this a new turn? If so, I draw hypnotic pattern.

Bayar
2010-08-05, 12:25 PM
Oops, forgot Concentration check for the swarm: [roll0]

Disregard, dont have a standard action to do it.

Vizzerdrix
2010-08-06, 12:11 AM
I continue waiting for something to make it over the wall

(if the group needs anything cast, please just ask)

Doombringer
2010-08-06, 05:44 AM
Ukiah laughed seeing the kobolds and drops his bow after taking another shot at the closest one in the area. He then readies himself for the first ugly lizard head to come over pulling free his greatsword as they climbed. "Come on you lizard headed midgets..my blade wants a taste of your flesh." Ukiah seemed to be enjoying himself on the walls.

Arrow Shot:
[roll0]
[roll1]

(After that just waiting for them to come over the wall.)