PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Hollow's Last Hope - (IC)

Wannabehero
2010-08-01, 02:00 AM
Hollow's Last Hope

The small village of Falcon's Hollow rests at the edge of the wilderness, one of the last outposts of man this far from civilization. Tucked away in the seeming safety of the shadow of the nearby Droskar's Crag mountains, the people of Falcon's Hollow have always been hearty and stern. They are used to a life of hardship, broken only by the occasional visit of merchant caravans or traveling festivals.

The simple folk of this town face constant adversity from both the wilderness beyond their borders and from the machinations of their own fellow man. Wild beasts are ever nipping at their heels while cutpurses empty their pockets. Mere existence in spite of these odds is a testament to their strength and will to survive.

Perched as it is on the edge of civilization, the town of Falcon's Hollow has always had to rely on itself to solve problems. All the while, the uncaring lumber baron's who run the town squeeze every last copper from the common people, deaf to their pleas. Now the terrible hacking coughs of the sick can be heard throughout the town. A Plague has fallen upon Falcon's Hollow and the Town's leaders won't be bothered to try to stop it.

---

The Players:

RE:Insanity - Lann Conall (Human Fighter) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228230) - Orange
Gray Mage - Cyrus (Human Cleric) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228245) - Deep Sky Blue
Jjeinn-tae - Rugart (Half-Orc Barbarian) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228634) - Olive Green
MistressBaerne - Lady Saverana Ta'aert (Elf Sorceress) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228239) - Purple
mrcarter11 - Carter Keylin (Human Swordsage) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228425) - Slate Gray
CorvinMarkellus - Ferryl (Half-Elf Druid) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228236) - Green

---

DM Post

The air is cold and thick with moisture and the sky an overcast gray as the merchant caravan you have traveled with these past few weeks crests one final hill. Through the misty haze of the brisk morning you lay your eyes on the small, saw-dust choked town of Falcon's Hollow. The rough community of sturdy wooden buildings lies next to the lazily winding river Foam, where you can see the faint silhouettes of men dragging logs from the waters. The logs appear to have drifted down from the nearby forest of Darkmoon Vale, a dark and foreboding expanse of trees and vegetation that spreads to cover the feet of the distant Droskar's Crag mountains.

The very edge of civilization, if you can even call it that, you know that this is a place where lives can be changed, legacies begun, and adventures discovered. Some need can always be found to be fulfilled, and the wilderness beyond is rumored to hide secrets only imagined in legend and fable.

As the caravan makes its way into town, you and your companions notice that the few townsfolk you do see about on the streets keep their heads bent low, many of them constantly stopping to hack and cough in terrible fits. In fact, the echoing sound of coughing can be heard throughout the town. The merchants look at each other uneasily, wondering if this is perhaps not the best time to ply their trade goods for the precious Darkwood harvested by the local Lumber Consortium.

At the town's square you part ways with the merchants, exchanging well wishes and shared thanks for a safe journey. You have made it safely to Falcon's Hollow, but it seems Falcon's Hollow itself may not be so safe a place. If you didn't known any better, you would think a plague has befallen this secluded frontier town.

The six of you stand together, unsure of what to make of this unexpected event.

OOC: Each of you may have your own reasons for wishing to travel to the outskirts of civilization, but you have all come to know each other on the journey here. If you wish, you may elaborate on why your character has chosen to come to this place, but you do not need too. Feel free to explore and get to know each other.

---

Link to the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162174)

mrcarter11
2010-08-01, 02:29 AM
"Well my fellow travelers, I think we should first find a place to stay the night. "

Gray Mage
2010-08-01, 02:43 AM
A short man in chainmail and with a mace and shield in the back stands with a puzzled face, wondering what had happenned to the village. He intended to go to his hometown and acepted to travel with a group of merchants as they wre headed in the same direction. But now they parted ways and Cyrus was left together with another five travellers.
"Yes, althought it is still early, it's good to be prepared just in case, besides we could ask if there's a plague or something, all this coughing is making me worried. Do someone have any sugestion of somewhere?

OOC:Wanna, I had the impression that RE was going to play with a rouge, as jjeinn has made a barbarian.

RE:Insanity
2010-08-01, 07:14 AM
((Yeah, I changed to a rogue, didn't I? Tommy Lambretta? (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228682) eh, I'll stick with Lann I guess.))

Lann waves goodbye to the merchants, then turns a bit to get a better view of the town, frowning with obvious worry.
"This does not bode well..."

((my character would be in the group out of respect for anyone with powers, loyalty to any friends, and the obvious fact that more good people = more good deeds.))

MistressBaerne
2010-08-01, 10:13 AM
"It doesn't, does it? Still, first things first: we need a place to stay. You there!" and here Saverana gestures to a townsperson on the street. "What's the nearest inn in this provincial polity?"

2010-08-01, 11:16 AM
"Lady Ta'aert," Lann whsipers, "I'd be careful...Anything that can do this to a town must be...vile..."

MistressBaerne
2010-08-01, 11:29 AM
"Perhaps we can learn something from the innkeeper. Whatever the circumstance, I can't do anything about it without a glass of something wet." Catelyn, Saverana's cat familiar, sticks her head out of the pack on Saverana's back and nods fervently, her cream-colored fur turning orange as a slight breeze blows stray sawdust into it.

(Saverana is with the group primarily as a means to wealth and power, which she intends to use to restore her family to greatness. It's a bit scary, the level of dedication she applies to this goal.)

Wannabehero
2010-08-01, 12:05 PM
DM Post

A hunched over, weary looking man hauling a rather heavy looking sack looks up at the elven woman upon hearing her call. He scrutinizes the lot of you for a moment through cynical eyes, then without a word he gestures down the street to a weather-worn, two-story building with a signpost in front of it. As you peer at the image on the signpost, you can just barely discern the shape of a stereotypical dwarf with wavy lines that look like they might represent smoke. When you look back at the man, you can see he has already turned his back on you and has resumed his slow pace along the road.

OOC: Well, there's the inn. Before the party begins to move though, lets wait and give Corvin and Jjeinn a chance to post.

CorvinMarkellus
2010-08-01, 05:26 PM
Ferryl watches the man walking away, then shakes his head as if just waking up. Rubbing his eyes, he turns back to the inn and the group. He glances at his wolf, who is eying Saverana's pack with great interest. Nodding to his companions, Ferryl reaches down to pat Drex's head as he finally speaks.

It seems our destination is clear. Let us settle and dine, then perhaps we may determine the plight of these people.

2010-08-01, 06:53 PM
Lann nods.
"I hope to find out what's plaguing this poor town. With a bit of good fortune, we may be able to do something about it."

((OOC: As always, Lann is looking around for good deeds to do.))

MistressBaerne
2010-08-01, 10:45 PM
"Indeed. But, as I said previously, first things first. I'm going to the inn; after that, we can investigate." Saverana strolls off to the inn, her familiar jumping out of her pack and padding along beside her.

Gray Mage
2010-08-01, 10:50 PM
"There's no reason to not do both, probably someone at the inn should know what's going on in his own town. Come on Lann, let's find out the problem." Cyrus will follow Saverana into the tavern, and pretends to talk with the innkeeper.

2010-08-01, 10:56 PM
Having great respect for nobility, healers, and women due to his knightly code, Lann follows Saverana and Cyrus.
"I can pay for everyone's rooms," he offers, jangling his small pouch of coins, "I've got a bit of gold left. If there's not enough room, I'll find a nice, comfy tree somewhere outside so everyone can have some privacy."

Gray Mage
2010-08-01, 11:05 PM
"I apreciate your offer, but I'm afraid I must decline it. As regarding privacy, I'm not sure if an inn in such a small town even have separate bedrooms, besides excluding miss Ta'aert of course, I'm sure that there isn't any issue with sharing a room."

mrcarter11
2010-08-01, 11:10 PM
"I shall meet you all at the inn later, first I need to attend to things. As for privacy, I have no issues with sharing a room." Needing time to be alone and time to think, I depart the group for a short time.

2010-08-01, 11:22 PM
"I apreciate your offer, but I'm afraid I must decline it. As regarding privacy, I'm not sure if an inn in such a small town even have separate bedrooms, besides excluding miss Ta'aert of course, I'm sure that there isn't any issue with sharing a room."

"While you raise a good point, I'll not hear of it! I'll find other inns in town if need be!" Lann says cheerily, "It's part of the knight's code to spend more money on his friends than himself!"

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 12:41 AM
Cyrus observes as Carter leaves, nodding to him.

He then turns to Lann, the boy was really exited in this code."Hmm, so you won't take a no as an answer? How about we compromise then? Instead of spending the money for my room, why don't you use it to help the needy? I'm sure you won't find them hard to find in here and that it will be put to better use." After the last sentence he will chuckle. Lann's chivalry was something that wasn't found everyday, this trip might not be so boring as he thought.

2010-08-02, 01:04 AM
Cyrus observes as Carter leaves, nodding to him.

He then turns to Lann, the boy was really exited in this code."Hmm, so you won't take a no as an answer? How about we compromise then? Instead of spending the money for my room, why don't you use it to help the needy? I'm sure you won't find them hard to find in here and that it will be put to better use." After the last sentence he will chuckle. Lann's chivalry was something that wasn't found everyday, this trip might not be so boring as he thought.

"A brilliant idea, my good man! However,doing good is more than simply giving out money...Time to stimulate this town's economy!"
And Lann is already looking for some food to purchase and distribute among those who can't afford it themselves.

Wannabehero
2010-08-02, 09:09 AM
DM Post

With a nod, the Swordsage departs from the group to attend to his own matters.

Cyrus, Rugart, Lann, Lady Saverana, and Ferryl

The rest of you walk the short distance along the road that leads to the building indicated by the townsman. As you approach the wide, two-story building the smoky scent of cooking meat and the sweet bitter odor of hops begins to overpower the pervasive smell of cut wood.

Drawing near the inn, the signpost comes into greater focus. You can see the image upon the sign is indeed a crudely portrayed Dwarf with wavy lines rising from the figure. Either the dwarf is on fire, or perhaps it just smells really bad. Immediately below the signpost is a well-used wooden door with a plaque reading "INN & TAP". As you open the door and walk inside you hear the protesting *KLINK**KLUNK* of a dented brass bell on the door frame.

The inside of the Inn is just about what you would expect of any Tavern, a large open fireplace and chimney dominates one wall, while a glossy-black wooden bar table runs the length of the opposite wall. Small tables with clusters of chairs fill the open space in between, and tall bar stools, half of which are currently occupied, sit in front of the long bar. Behind the bar lies racks of bottles, jars of various pickled foods, and many large wooden casks and stoppered kegs. At the very end of the bar sits a doorway that looks like it may lead back into the kitchen. On the wall opposite the entrance you just stepped through is a staircase leading up to the second floor.

As you step inside the building a few details immediately grab your attention. Firstly, though the inn and tavern has an unusually large number of patrons for so early in the day, the sounds of conversation, which had been very low and hushed, die away immediately as the occupants of the room notice your group. Second, your nostrils, which just a moment earlier had been enjoying the pleasant smells drifting out from the inn, immediately protest as the new odors of spicy tobacco and burning wood overpower your sense of smell. And third, though you can't be sure, it looks as though the only surface in the entire room that isn't covered by a fine layer of light brown dust is the well-maintained glossy bar top.

A slight haze of smoke seems to fill room, the source of which looks up to greet you as you step into the inn. A stout looking dwarf with curly brown hair and beard regards the five of you as he stands behind the glossy bar. He sets down the mug he had been cleaning after giving the drinking vessel a vigorous rub against his surprisingly clean apron, then reaches up with a hand to withdraw a truly massive looking cigar from his mouth. When he speaks, a cloud of gray smoke billows outward to mingle with the haze in the room.

"Oy" he says to you, "Welcome ta Smokin' Dwarf Inn, that would be m'self. Sit were y'like."

---

Carter

As you walk along the streets you see more and more of the same dreary common people, all going about their business without so much as a greeting to one another. Everywhere you hear the sounds of heavy hacking coughs, and everytime someone along the street has a coughing fit everyone nearby changes their path to avoid the sick person by a wide margin.

You can almost feel their sense of defeat and fear, particularly in the eyes of those whose gaze you manage to catch as they glance at the obvious adventurer in their midst. In one of them, a young boy who looks like he might be nearing his teens, you gatch a glimmer of hope in his eye before he jerks his gaze away and quickens his pace along the dusty street.

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 12:14 PM
Cyrus will look around to find an empty seat at the bar to sit. "I'll have a mug of ale, please. He waits to be served, drinks a little and then ask:"Me and my friends couldn't help but notice that the town seems a little... ill, can you tell us why Mr....? With this they would hopefully know what's happening and the dwarf's name.

Wannabehero
2010-08-02, 03:35 PM
DM Post

The Dwarven Barkeep picks up the mug he had just been cleaning and turns to fill it with a deep amber liquid from one of the kegs on the wall. He sets the foamy mug down in front of Cyrus and says with a smile ”Mah own special brew. At’ll be four coppers.”. He then leans in as Cyrus ask his question.

"Name’s Garum GrimGauntlet, ta smokin’ dwarf." he says proudly as he pulls another drag on his impressive stogie, "Owner an proprietor of ‘dis here establishment, ta finest, and ta only inn and tap in all Falcon’s Halla. Truth, ta town seen better times. Everyun’ been gettin’ sick these days, specially ta old an ta l’il ones." With this last statement his smile fades.

"They say t’was sometin’ in ta waters," the dwarf continues, his face a somber mask, "ya drink it and it gets in yer chest. Our most benevolent lords ‘at be assure us folk ta problem been solved and ta water’s safe, and ya can always be trusting ta lords, right?" his voice drips with obvious sarcasm.

With the words ‘benevolent lords’ the dwarf’s lips curl back in a sneer and you can hear a general grumble of contempt from the other patrons at the bar.

OOC: Link to the conversation without the accent (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9060618&postcount=110), for those who might have trouble interpreting.

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 03:58 PM
Cyrus reaches to his money pouch, takes four shiny copper coins and hand them to Garum. "when you say in the water, I presume you mean in the river, or it's some kind of well? After hearing his answer he'll thank him for the ale, mentioning that's very good and will return to the others."The owner said that the origin of the sickness is in the water, do you think we should investigate?"- he mentions, in between gulps.

2010-08-02, 04:52 PM
Lann, loving food and drink, will have followed Cyrus.
"I don't like the sound of this. Stinks of tyranny or corrupt rulers," Lann whispers, the turns to talk to Garum.
"Could I have a mug of whatever you just gave Cyrus? And maybe the answers to a few questions?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 05:22 PM
"Corrupt rulers, hum? It's possible, but it's too soon to say. Could just as well be a disease, a curse, some guy that thinks it's funny or even the work of demons and devils, so don't put put your griffons in front of the chariot." He whispers back to Lann. "If we saw one of the sick, maybe we can get some answers."This he says more to himself then to anyone esle, thought the others can hear him.

MistressBaerne
2010-08-02, 05:43 PM
"Corruption - It's about the only trait I hate more than incompetence in a ruler." Muttering to herself and frowning slightly, as though remembering something distasteful, Saverana straightens up and says more loudly: "My good dwarf, who exactly are these 'benevolent lords' you speak of?" The cat sitting on her lap opens an eye wide, looking disturbingly like a human arching an eyebrow.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-02, 06:18 PM
Rugart, a quite large half-orc carrying seven weapons openly on his person, carrying a barrel almost half his size, has bee rather quiet before the tavern. He takes a seat at the bar beside Cyrus, thunking his barrel down on the floor behind him. After seeing Cyrus enjoys the special brew, turns around and rummages in his barrel, withdrawing a single gold piece.

"I'll have whatever he's havin." Thunking his gold coin on the bar, "Only have one of the gold ones." He gives a toothy smile, revealing a broken tusk, and drinks the mug down in a single gulp as soon as he gets it.

2010-08-02, 06:57 PM
"Corrupt rulers, hum? It's possible, but it's too soon to say. Could just as well be a disease, a curse, some guy that thinks it's funny or even the work of demons and devils, so don't put put your griffons in front of the chariot." He whispers back to Lann. "If we saw one of the sick, maybe we can get some answers."This he says more to himself then to anyone esle, thought the others can hear him.

"As always, you prove to be a much wiser man than I. Mayhaps if you and Lady Ta'aert could use your powers to discern the nature of whatever is in the water?" Lann looks to Garum again, "Good sir, could I get some food and directions to the well with my drink?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 07:03 PM
"In the water,.... or in the sick themselves. If it's a disease I believe I can diagnose it, if it's magical, there's a particular spell my god has given me that could help. If that is not helpfull, I suggest going up river, if the cause is the water, then it should be the origin."

2010-08-02, 07:09 PM
"In the water,.... or in the sick themselves. If it's a disease I believe I can diagnose it, if it's magical, there's a particular spell my god has given me that could help. If that is not helpfull, I suggest going up river, if the cause is the water, then it should be the origin."

"Hmm...a good idea...however, let's eat and plan first, we need food. I for one, while not wanting to complain or seem weak, would prefer to combat disease, evil, and other things on a full stomache!"

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-02, 07:10 PM
Rugart's expression looks like one of discomfort, which has shown to be a common occurrence when he thinks a little too much. "Wait a minute... what's this we're drinkin' made of, if it's in the water shouldn't we be gettin' sick?"

2010-08-02, 07:18 PM
"Unless this is grog, no. Most of the liquid in a well made mug (Lann's word for an alcoholic drink) is from fermenting plants and such. And I expect any mug made by a dwarf is a well made mug."
Still, Lann refrains from drinking.
"Has, uh, anyone gotten sick after drinking something besides water?"

Wannabehero
2010-08-02, 07:25 PM
DM Post

OOC: I’ll try to resolve your interactions with the Bartender in order

"Nah, not ta river, waters thare are tastin’ as good as ever if ya likin’ ta taste of soaked logs." The dwarf answers Cyrus’s question. "They said t’was one of ta wells. Been filled in since I hear." The dwarf’s grim demeanor seems to soften a bit with the compliment towards his ale.

The barkeep then turns to the large but obviously young man who plops down in the seat next to the cleric. He raises an eyebrow at the human’s request, his gaze returning to Cyrus momentarily and it looks as though he makes some sort of mental note. He then reaches under the bar to produce a mug identical to the first, gives it a quick rub with his apron to remove any saw-dust from its interior, and fills it with more of the dark amber ale. As he sets the full mug in front of the newcomer he busies himself cleaning a third cup and answers "Whadda wanna know?"

But the words are no sooner out of his mouth when he hears a more earnest question from an elegant elven woman who slipped into the chair beside the young human. He looks at Lady Saverana, and her very expressive companion, with a measuring eye before speaking again. "They is ta Lumber Barons good lady," he says as he visibly attempts to stand a little straighter, "ta fine, upstandin’ examples of morals that run ta lumber camps, and dis here town." Again the dwarf’s voice oozes sarcasm at the mention of 'morals'. The barkeep then seems to take in more of Lady Saverana’s appearance and adds "Would ta good lady be carin’ for a drink? Got some nice fruit wines in ta back, or perhaps an apple brandy?"

His salesman’s smile turns abruptly to alarm at the loud *THUNK* of a barrel hitting the floor. He turns to the source of the sound to see a monstrously huge and violent looking half-orc smiling at him and pushing a gold piece across the bar. The Barkeep collects himself surprising quickly and regains a neutral expression within moments, taking the offered coin and eyeing it appraisingly. Satisfied, he fills another quickly cleaned mug with the amber ale and places in front of the barbarian. The dwarf then reaches below the bar into a small box and you hear the clinking of coins before he comes back up with change (8 silvers and 16 coppers).

Garum looks back to the young human fighter. “If ya hungry young lad thare is always bread and strong cheese for havin’. If ya wantin’ stouter fare Ralla ought ta be havin’ lunch ready by now. Today’s menu is fried Dunlied sausage, mah personal favorit’, with spiced black beans an applesauce, only three silvers” the dwarf licks his lips slightly at the mention of the menu. “If ya wantin’ ta find ta well they closed up its on ta east side of town. No real reason ta go thare though, just a pile a dirt now.” he finishes.

Garum then looks affronted at the mention that someone would get sick from drinking his ale. “Now hold right thare now!” he exclaims. “No one been gettin’ sick from mah brew ‘cept them who can’t hold thare own! Besides, I get mah water from ta north well, shorter walk and all.”

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 07:36 PM
(OOC:ok, everyone please ignore the river parts, as it isn't the problem.)
Upon hearing about the well Cyrus will make one last question."Filled in? Do you mean it was empty before?This is an unespected turn of events and Cyrus believes it's important, appearing curious when asking.

MistressBaerne
2010-08-02, 07:46 PM
"Wine, if you please - it's too early for brandy. About these lumber... magnates, I suppose; I'm unwilling to grant titles to the merely wealthy..." Saverana pauses for a second as her cat, enjoying the attention, sticks it's head into Saverana's belt pouch and places the appropriate change on the bar. "What can you tell us about them? Who are they? Any labor concerns recently?"

2010-08-02, 08:20 PM
"I think he means filled in as in they covered up the well so people would stop using it..." Lann says before taking a long drink of the ale, "Mmmm...good stuff...Yeah, I could go with a bit of bread and cheese to snack on later, and two servings of that sausage, beans, and sauce, please." Lann licks his lips at the thought, hungry as always.

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 08:32 PM
"Humm, very well then."All this talk of food has been making him hungry as well."I think I'll also have one of those sausages and another special brew of yours. One last thing, who was the first one to get sick? And did something happen before it, like a defiling of a temple or so?"
Cyrus will reach for his pouch again taking another four coins, this time of a pearly silver.

2010-08-02, 08:33 PM
Lann will hand the bartender a gold (for the food and drink) and wave away any change.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-02, 08:36 PM
"I'll take one of them sausage too. That's real food." He just slides the change he received back towards the barkeep, having not bothered to drop it into his barrel yet.

Wannabehero
2010-08-02, 09:23 PM
DM Post

The dwarf points a thumb at the young fighter and says, a bit more coolly than before “What he said. Filled in so ta people would quit usin’ it an gettin’ sick. Seems ta have worked too, at least more ain’t getting ta cough.” As he mentions ‘more’ his expression looks sad for just an instant.

The barkeep then retrieves a bottle from a rack on the wall and, after blowing a thin layer of dust from the bottle, pops the cork and pours a glass of lustrous purple wine. He slides the glass to the elven woman using one finger and begins to speak when he sees the cream-colored cat looking up at him with five copper coins laid out on the bar top in front of it. The dwarf’s mouth stays open for a few more seconds before it shuts and he quirks an eyebrow and Lady Saverana. “Durn smert feline ya got thare.” he says in voice that does nothing to disguise his curiosity as he pockets the coppers. “I think ya like this one, finest blackberry wine ya’ll ever taste. I know a guy down south, makes it himself. An regardin’ ta… magnates… ya call ‘em? They are ta families that own durn near all of everythin’ in ta town. Not this here dwarf though! Nobody ownin’ a GrimGauntlet!” he exclaims as he thumps a fist against his chest. “An there always is labor needs in Falcon’s Halla. Ta lumber mills are a hard way ta make a livin’”

Garum takes stock of all the orders for food, pleased to see so much interest. He walks to the end of the bar, cracks open the door to the kitchen, and shouts “Ralla, four specials up!” He then reaches into a basket and tears off half a loaf of crusty rye bread and a fist-sized chunk of pale cream-colored cheese. He wraps both in a piece of waxed paper and hands then to Lann. As he collects the empty mugs and begins to refill them he answers Cyrus’s question.

“I’m not knowin’ who was ta first gettin’ sick. All started little more than a week ago. First a few folks were coughin’, then next thing ya know ya can’t go anywhere without hearin’ it.” The dwarf’s face is grim as he recounts the evolution of the plague. “Ta healers over in ta temple of Ehlonna looked for unnatural causes, but they found nothin’ more than ta rest of us. No evil eye’s been thrown about, no temples been defiled. Finally ta constables say they think one of the wells is gone bad and no ones ta use it. They got a detail together ta fill it up and banned ta diggin’ of anymore wells on that side a town.”

As he places the refilled mugs on the bar top, he takes his payment from each of you in kind. As he reaches down to make change for Lann’s gold piece he looks back up in surprise, then pleasure, as the young man indicates he doesn’t want any change. “Thank ya lad.” he says in a far more pleasant voice.

---

OOC: There, I think I got all of the character actions resolved. In just a sec will come Ralla with your lunch and a bit more RP background. Then I think I might be done for tonight.

2010-08-02, 09:32 PM
"Hey, you okay there?" Lann is honestly feelign sympathy when the dwarf saddens, albeit he's talking through a mouthful of cheese and bread. He also starts to take down notes in his notebook, writing down what's been said so far, and questions to ask later.
"No more digging...maybe an underground stream or groundwater cistern's been poisoned...Saw it happen once when a ghoul took up residence in a cavern beneath an elven town..."

MistressBaerne
2010-08-02, 09:35 PM
"Delicious!" exclaims Saverana, sipping her wine. Gesturing to the cat with her glass, she says "Catelyn, my familiar. She's smarter than most people, I've found.

"You said that the mills are a hard way to make a living... has there been any unrest recently The workers thinking about making a better life for themselves, perhaps?" Being a noblewoman, she's rather prone to seeing conspiracy where it may not necessarily exist.

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 09:44 PM
The sickness seems to be a problem to has already been partially resoved, still it would be best to know why only that well was afected, so that others don't."So... what do you all think we should do? I rekon we should take a look at the well, as we don't know much, heck we don't even know what it is. Doesn't seem to be magical, a normal disease is unlikely, as it isn't contagious, curses are crossed out and I never heard of poison that would last so long. Cyrus sights and drinks his ale, aparently lost in thought.

2010-08-02, 09:49 PM
Lann downs some more cheese and nods thoughtfully.
"Blood."
If anyone looks at him funny, he swallows and says, "Blood samples from the infected."
((OOC: well, IRL a lot of diseases and viruses aren't contagious, but considering this isn't RL and is way back, we prolly don't know this...))

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-02, 09:53 PM
"Hmm, I dunno about that. Back in the tribe there were quite a bit of people getting sick an' dyin'. Heard that one of the wise-orcs were tryin' to get rid of the orcs an' slaves he didn' like. Till we moved to another place and they was still gettin' sick we thought it was natural too. He gulps down his drink again.

'Course, the orcs didn' tell us much of nothin', just pointed at somethin' that needed doin'."

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 09:55 PM
Cyrus was daydreaming when Lann said something say made him very confused."Wh- what? How could blood samples help us?" He's looking at Lann, trying to see if he's had too much to drink or maybe too spent too much time in the sun.

OOC: Wait, really? Then how do peole get sick? [This is genuine curiosity, not sarcasm]

Wannabehero
2010-08-02, 10:04 PM
DM Post

A few moments later a beautiful young woman with strikingly red hair exits the kitchen door balancing a tray covered with wooden bowls. She carefully walks to the end of the bar where you sit and begins placing large bowls full of steaming beans and generous sized sausages in front of Lann, Cyrus, and Rugart, as indicated by her boss. She then places the smaller bowls full of red and green crushed apples next to the large bowls, along with some simple cutlery. The dwarf looks on her fondly as she does this, clearing his throat.

“Ralla mah dear, ta food is lookin’ good as always.” He says in a gruff yet soft voice. “How ya doin’?”

The woman turns from the bowls to look at her employer, brushing some of her hair back from her face as she does so. You notice the faint outline of a bruise on her cheek as she turns away. “About as good as always” she says, and you are surprised by the stern strength in her tone.

“And the lad?” Garum continues, his voice even softer and gravellier than before

“Worse.” Her one word answer seems to chill the air in the otherwise warm room.

“Ya needin’ ta leave early then?” The dwarf’s question was more a statement, and permission.

“Yes.” Ralla replies in a far less stern voice.

“No worries dear, I can manage ta afternoon m’self” Garum says dismissively with the wave of a hand.

Ralla just nods at this and tucks the tray under a slender arm as she heads back to the kitchen.

“Poor lass” you just barely hear the dwarf mutter as he once again busies himself cleaning mugs.

2010-08-02, 10:05 PM
Cyrus was daydreaming when Lann said something say made him very confused."Wh- what? How could blood samples help us?" He's looking at Lann, trying to see if he's had too much to drink or maybe too spent too much time in the sun.

OOC: Wait, really? Then how do people get sick? [This is genuine curiosity, not sarcasm]

"We can use your magic to do work with the samples and not worry about causing some sort of reaction that kills one of the townsfolk."

((OOC: Depends. Some of them are spread to people by animals or plants or even certain kinds of volcanic rock, but aren't spread from person to person, even from blood donation.))

When the Ralla gives him the food, Lann thanks her and bows his head, smiling at the smell coming from the food.
"Mmmm...fooood..."
He's about to dig in when he looks up and asks, "Is she okay? She looks hurt and worried, is one of her relatives sick or somehting?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 10:16 PM
Ok..., starting tomorrow Lann would be reciving an endure elements to protect him from the sun. Cyrus thought. He looked to the fighter for quite a while before answering."Haa... sure, I guess...." He wasn't sure what he was talking about.

He then turns to Garum."I'l assume this 'lad' has this mysterious disease, right? If you'd like I can pass by to take a look at him. I don't guarantee that it'll work, as the servants of Ehlonna couldn't heal anyone, but I will try." He then gives Garum a big smile as if saying "everything will turn out ok, don't worry".

mrcarter11
2010-08-02, 10:52 PM
Carter stays out collecting information.
So that was my bad, I was thinking I was a binder with gather info, just realized I was a swordsage... Sheesh I hate when I stop paying attention. I'll stay out late collecting information though, or try to at least..
Gather Infomation [roll0]

Wannabehero
2010-08-03, 11:41 AM
DM Post

Cyrus, Lann, Lady Saverana, Ferryl, and Rugart

Garum looks back at the adventurers as they begin to question him again. His voice is cold and painfully neutral as he answers the burly young Lann “Ya, she’s strong. Things are tough fer ta pretty ‘uns here in Falcon’s Halla. Not much work if ya can’t work ta lumber.” His expression looks pained for just an instant before he turns around to starting cleaning glasses along the back wall. He seems to hesitate before answering the second part of Lann’s question “Her… little brother.” his voice comes out hoarse.

Still not turning around to face the party, he continues “Ya, ta lad came down sick like ta others, just before they closed ta well. Been getting’ worse each day, and ta only ‘un he’s got ta look after him is Ralla. Ta priests have tried ta help ta lad like all ta others, but ta only ‘un in town been able ta do anything to help him is Laurel, and even she can’t stop ta disease, and her prices are steep…” The dwarf takes a long drag on his cigar, and as the smoke blows out his ample nostrils you can see his shoulders sag “…or they were, ‘til this here sickness.” The last part he adds in a very low voice meant only for you to hear.

One of the men sitting on a stool nearby lifts his shaggy head as he hears the dwarf’s comment. As his head rises you can see streams of brown dust cascade from his hair. His face now visible, it is obvious this man has had one to many.

“Whaddya mean were?” the man manages through an inebriated lisp. “I had me the cough ya shee, and Laurel givesh me thish salve that cleareded it right up! Cosht me a pretty copper toooo.” The man swaggers a bit as he drags out the last vowel.

“Ah, shut ya mouth Biron!” Garum throws a bar towel in the dusty man’s face. “Ya weren’t sick ya fool! Ya was just givin’ Laurel your money fer nothin'!”

The force of the towel striking his face is too much for the man. He topples off his precarious perch on the bar stool and lands with a loud thud on the floor, the towel still wrapped around his head.

“Yeah, I wash shick!” he continues, his voice somewhat muffled now. “Now I’m all butter. Laurel fixshed me right up… ya shee…” The drunk mans voice trails off before you hear the unmistakable sounds of snoring.

“Durn fool” Garum mutters as he fishes for a fresh towel below the bar.

---

Carter

OOC: not a stellar roll, but luckily plot devices have exceptionally low DC’s

The swordsage continues to walk through the town, making note of the movement of the people and presence of the sickly. It doesn’t take long for him to begin to form a picture of the extent of the illness in the town.

Gather Information DC 7
You are able to surmise that roughly a tenth of the total population seems to be ill with the coughing, hacking disease.

While there are people out and about in the town they all move with a slow, dispassionate pace to their destinations and mostly decline to make conversation or even contact. Just as it begins to get truly frustrating, you notice a small group of four people. Nothing about them seems out of the ordinary and you can’t quite place your finger on why you noticed them when it hits you, they are in a hurry to get somewhere.

Spot DC 10
You can tell by their higher quality and less dusty clothing these people must be at least moderately wealthier than the commoners you’ve seen so far on the street.

mrcarter11
2010-08-03, 12:01 PM
Carter, wondering about these people decides to follow them.
Rolls
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Sense Motive [roll3]
Spot [roll4]

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 12:07 PM
Cyrus rubs his chin thoughtfully, None can cure this disease? This is... troubling he thinks. Nevertheless he should try to cure the boy. "Still, I think I should take a look at him, for good measure."

2010-08-03, 02:35 PM
"Aye, it would be sad for the poor child to succumb to disease so early in life," Lann continues to chew thoughtfully and eyes Biron with suspicion and disgust.
"Nary a man can hold his drink these days. It's re-wait. Who's Laurel? Some sort of town healer? The whole 'lowered prices' thing sounds like the work of either a greedy merchant or a well-to-do sympathizer who can help us."
Lann slides the man into a chair and returns to his seat.
"I'm going to assume you don't want that towel back just yet," He downs the rest of his ale and stares at the bottom of the cup longingly before handing to Garum with a silver piece.
"Would you mind refilling it again?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 04:16 PM
Cyrus will eat his sausage silently, thinking of what to do next. When he finishes he'll turn to the others."I believe that a little more information is needed, so how about I take a look at this lad and then meet you at this well? If anyone wants to come with me it'd be great thought." He then turns to Garum. "Is Ralla still here? I think I might be able to help her little brother."

Wannabehero
2010-08-03, 04:30 PM
DM Post

OOC: I'm going to resolve Carter's action first, then I will get back to the tavern when I have a chance :)

Carter

Like a shadow, Carter slips in immediately behind the group of four, who he now recognizes to be two men and two women, all looking about middle-aged. The swordsage is however a somewhat loud shadow as he spooks a mangy dog tied in an alley as he slips by. The fast moving group doesn't seem to notice, focused as they are on walking at their brisk pace.

As you draw closer you can begin to make out fragments of a hurried and hushed conversation between these pedestrians.

Man 1: "Do you think its true?"
Woman 1: "Hurry now, we'll find out soon."
Man 1: "But why didn't anyone tell us..."
Man 2: "You know how people are, nobody tells nobody nothing!"
Woman 2: "But us? Everyone likes us, right?"
Man 2: "...'Course..."
Woman 1: "Less talking and more walking, we're almost there."
Man 1: "... how do you think she did it? Not even the priests..."
Man 2: "We won't know nothing for sure until we get there."
Woman 2: "Seriously, people like us..."

The group turns a corner and disappears from view temporarily. As you peer around the corner to see where they have gone, you are greeted with a sight you wouldn't have expected on these barren streets... a line. More specifically a line of around forty somber-looking towsfolk - some with pale wheezing children, others seemingly on the brink of tears. The line stretches back from the open door of a rugged looking two-story shop covered in creeping ivy.

You see the four people you were following stop for a second to argue quietly among themselves before making their way to the back of the line.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-03, 05:16 PM
Rugart pokes his sausage with his finger before once again, devouring the whole thing relatively instantly. He mentions that "It's good." but it really calls the question of whether he actually tastes anything that he puts in his mouth.

He snickers when Biron collapses after being hit by a flying towel, then speaks over Cyrus to Lann. "A healer who dealt with the sick would know about it then? What could she tell us that we don' know already?" He looks down to Cyrus, "Don' the other clerics know just about what you know on how to cure people?"

Once again, Rugart seems to have an idea, he's really on a roll here. "Hey, Garum, they try any herbs yet? The Orcs weren' good wit' magic, so they're healers got us to look for plants to help sick people." He again directs his attention to Cyrus. "If you wanna help these people, I don't know what plants you'd need, but if you know I might be able to find them."

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 05:31 PM
Upon hearing Rugart talk to him, he replies."Hmmm, you're right. Talking to this healer will be very usefull to us. About the other clerics, we're clerics of diferent deities and from difernt places, so it's likely that our knowledge is diferent." With the mention of herbs Cyrus will pause for a minute befoe answering:"Herbs would be usefull, indeed, althought as Ehlonna is a godess of nature I expect that they tried them. Let me see if I remember a plant or two."
I'll try to make a check to see if I know an usefull plant to cure diseases. The correct would be a nature one, but if you'd let I use a heal one instead, it's here [roll0]
Edit: I don't think it'll be needed now :smallsigh: I hate nat ones

Wannabehero
2010-08-03, 06:42 PM
DM Post

The dwarf refills young Lann's mug once again, his expression much more reserved than it has been before as he reaches into his pocket to produce six coppers in change for the silver piece. He seems lost in thought for a while before his eyes once again refocus upon the elf woman and her diminutive companion. "Sorry m'lady, was some'ere else. What whas that? Oh ya, ta mills. If ya wantin' ta know about ta mills, just ask ta men in ta room. Not a one a them not workin' in ta mills these days. But nah, there isn't no more unrest than ta usual or what ya'd expect with the sickness an all. We's all just trying ta get by, y'know?" his face looks tired now, like the past few minutes have lasted for hours.

Garum then turns back to Lann and Cyrus as he places the coins down on the bar-top. "Ya Laurel be a healer o'sorts. Not a single home remedy she don't know, an her gran'ma was as good a woman an healer as any. Says she passed her know-how ta her gran'daughter before she passed on. Used ta be no one in town took Laurel serious though, thought she just sold snake oils an promises. Then folks started gettin' sick an Laurel been ta only one 'cept ta priestesses a'Ehlonna who been try ta do anythin' 'bout it. But a'spite what anyone been sayin'..." he gestures at the unconsious man Lann propped up in a chair, "she ain't been able ta stop it neither. Best she can do is ta ease a bit a ta pain fer them thats got it." he then leans in much closer than before, careful to keep his voice very low this time "she used ta charge much more than people thinkin' was right before people got sick, but now I hear she don't charge them that can't pay, like... Ralla... and her little..." he chokes off what he was about to say and clears his throat several times before continuing, his voice a little overly loud as he seems to compensate for his momentary weakness "Like I said, she ain't been able ta stop it, though I don't know if I ever seen anyone workin' so hard before in mah life!"

The dwarf then proceeds to refill some drinks for other patrons at the bar. As he walks by Cyrus he stops when the man indicates he wants to ask another question. Puffing furiously on his cigar, he listens to the cleric's question. You see him suck in a huge swell of air as if he was about to shout, the ember on the end of his cigar glowing like a bright red warning beacon. Then he stops before the explosion as he catches the cleric's eye. He stands there poised for a moment, inflated like a bellows, as he looks hard at Cyrus. Then he coughs hard as his lungs finally remind his brain what they need to do. The stogie comes tumbling out of his mouth to land with a sizzle in Lann's mug. Both hands on the bar top, Garum looks at Cyrus, then the rest of the group, before slowly picking the soggy cigar from the mug.

The dwarf stands back up straight, the dripping cigar held between two stubby fingers, and finally speaks. "Sorry 'bout that. Yer just wantin' ta help." he visibly calms himself. "We're not gettin' many folks here just lookin' ta help others. In ta end it would be up ta Ralla, but ta poor girl has had her share a promises broke. I don't like ta idea a gettin' her hopes up." He picks up Lann's mug and drops it in a bin under the bar. As he walks over to fill a new cup you watch him tapping the cigar against the bridge of his nose lightly. When he returns to place the foamy beverage in front of the young man he has a wide fat stogie once again smoking away.

Spot DC 18
The cigar he is smoking currently is the same one that he dropped into Lann's mug moments ago. You didn't see him relight it.

2010-08-03, 06:50 PM
Lann thanks Garum for the new mug and continues to eat, switching between ravenously wolfing down his food and slowly and thoughtfully chewing and grinning every few seconds.
"Poor gal. Good sir, I cannot speak for my friends here, but you have my word that I'll not leave this town to its sickness! I may not be trained in the ways of a healer or mage, but I'm sure there's something I can do."
[roll0]
((ow))
Lann is taking the last bite of the sausage and beans when he looks up with shining eyes.
"Druids! It might be druids! Have any of the camps suffered any attacks as of late, particularly from feykind?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 06:53 PM
Cyrus sights, the dwarf was right, just getting her hopes up and then failing would be cruel. The best they could do now was garantee that what "poisoned" the well wouldn't happen again."You're right Garum, there is no need to make her suffer more." He will finish will meal and turn to the others, "I think I'll take a look at that well, anyone wants to come with me?"

2010-08-03, 06:57 PM
Lann nods.
"Of course, but I think we may wish to speak to some townsfolk, and maybe the Lumber Barons first. I don't want to split up in an unfamiliar town. I still don't think that cad Carter is up to any good."

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-03, 07:00 PM
"Yuh, I think we've got all we can here. I could come too. What're we lookin' for?" As he says this he stands up, and lifts his barrel up from the floor again.

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 07:00 PM
"As you wish, please lead the way." When he and the others leave he will thank Garum for the food and the information and that he will pray that the lad gets well.

2010-08-03, 07:06 PM
"Why, Rugart, we're looking for a cure!"
Lann turns to Cyrus.
"You made me think of something. Do we really have a leader, here? I mean, I'm not made for leadership, or I'd have a castle or fortress or something. Maybe Rugart or Lady Ta'aert, or you or Feryl?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 07:16 PM
Cyrus will laugh as Lann says why he wouldn't be a good leader"If the prerequisite of being the leader is having a castle then I don't think anyone of us would do, do we? I think you'd make a good leader, you have your head, and your heart, in the right place after all, besides if you want to I could be an adviser of sorts in case you need help." His tone is light, but he's serious about his nomination.

2010-08-03, 07:24 PM
"Eh, nobody takes me seriously. I don't really have a vote as far as leadership goes. Anyone here ever actually been in a leadership position?"

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-03, 07:36 PM
"Uh, I've was the one the non-orcs looked to in the tribe. But that was only because I had a bit of standing among the orcs, at least more than any of them had. Wasn' really a leadership though, and really, they're the reason I'm not still there now, better places an' all.

Everyone else seems more Kalif-eyed then me for that."

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 07:42 PM
"If possible I'd rather not be in charge and I still think that Lann would make a good leader, even with no experience. After all, you gotta start somewhere, right?"

MistressBaerne
2010-08-03, 08:04 PM
"Gentlemen, as much as I admire Mr. Lann's personal qualities, I would argue that they're the exact opposite of what one needs in a leader. Having a heart in the right place works wonderfully in stories, but this is real life. We need someone who can navigate the complex world of the upper class, who can persuade others of our group's good faith. Someone like... Myself." The cat nods frankly, and Saverana shrugs in a slightly self-deprecating manner. "Admittedly, I don't have all that much experience, but some is better than none, yes?"

Gray Mage
2010-08-03, 08:31 PM
"I guess it's fine by me..... anyway if things don't work out we can always change the leader." After the rest of the group finally decides the leader he'll urge the group to move along."Now that this is decided, can we go now? I really want to check what made that well carry this disase" He doesn't really think that a leader is that necessary that you must decide before helping these people. He's just glad that they won't try to discuss a party name.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-03, 09:49 PM
"Yuh, you'd probably be a good leader. It probably is above the usual leader to have taught a cat to talk." With that Rugart starts heading along with Cyrus, seemingly rather happy with there being something to do.

mrcarter11
2010-08-03, 10:35 PM
Carter will ask the people in line, to try and discover what is going on and where this place is.
Gather Info again I guess [roll0]

thatguywithpie
2010-08-04, 10:16 AM
"Lady Ta'aert has got a point," Lann nods, "She does have some actual experience as a noble."
(hey guys, i'm RE:'s pal, and I'm posting for him since he got banned (no he doesn't seem to know why). he said that he has a forum up for you guys if you want to continue this campaign with him at http://thatonerp.proboards.com)

Wannabehero
2010-08-05, 10:43 AM
DM Post

Cyrus, Rugart, Lady Saverana, Lann, and Ferryl

Cyrus, Rugart, and Lann finish their respective meals. The sausages are fried perfectly, crisp on the outside yet juicy inside with a firm, savory body. The beans are just spicy enough to feel it in the back of the throat but the heat doesn't overpower the flavors of herbs, the smokey notes of bacon, and of course the richness of the sausages. The crushed apple sauce is the perfect chaser to the meal, sweet and tart at the same time and smelling just slightly of nutmeg.

Lady Saverana continues to nurse her wine through the display of gastonomical activity, while the unkempt druid Ferryl and his lupine companion maintain their guarded vigil near the doorway, as they have throughout this whole affair.

With the meals finished, mugs drained, and glasses emptied, the group rises to leave. They exchange thanks and pleasantries with the barkeep Garum as they rise to depart, and he smiles and puffs away on his fat cigar. At the group's request the dwarf provides directions to the tainted well, with one last added warning,

"Careful 'bout pokin' ya noses 'round there. Folk have been warned ta not be diggin' in that part a town. Ta constables will not be takin' kind ta strangers diggin' in ta well that they just closed up! Ya might find y'selves in a bit of a pickle if ya upsettin' ta constabulary."

The barkeep then waves as the group exits through the door, the dented brass bell on the doorframe once again protesting with resounding *KLINK*'s and *KLUNK*'s. Armed with this new information about the peril that has befallen Falcon's Hollow, the five adventures make their way along the dusty, dreary streets to the east edge of town.

---

Carter

You walk up to the line and starts demanding answers.

Unfortunately those efforts don't pay off very well as the majority of the occupants of the line simply ignore your questions. You do however notice a few details once you approach the building. First, the windows appear to be full of all manner of hanging plants, both living and dried, as well as boxes and crates covered in glass and clay jars. A faded sign on the front of the building displays a picture of a mortar and pestle with the words "Roots and Remedies" beneath it. Dispite their ignorance of your questions and general avoidance of your person, you hear snipets of conversation above the muffled crying and wheezes of the crowd. One word seems to come up alot, the name 'Laurel'.

Your estimation is that it would take nearly an hour and a half to make your way into the building if you were to wait your turn in line.

OOC:
If you want to avoid the line and enter the storefront right away without sparking a confrontation with the people there, it is going to require either a Bluff, Intimidate, or Diplomacy check, chose one. If you provide good dialog to go along with your skill check you will recieve a bonus to the DC, or you can just make the check by itself if you like. Alternatively, you can also just wait your turn in line.

As a side note, I like to houserule the use of different attributes for different social skills. I've never liked the fact that Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy all share the same modifying attribute, which is why I tend to houserule that

Diplomacy = Charisma
Intimidate = Charisma or Strength
Bluff = Charisma or Wisdom

You may may use which ever attribute modifier is higher when making rolls for these skills.

---

Cyrus, Rugart, Lady Saverana, Lann, and Ferryl

While trudging through the wide dirt roads of the town heading eastward you notice the buildings begin to grow a little more sparse, while the sounds of coughing from within the buildings grows more common. As you pass through another small cluster of houses, the road splits to curve around a small island of grass before rejoining and continuing its dusty trail. At the center of the patch of grass lies a large mound of fresh earth. The whole area smells of freshly disturbed dirt as well as the all-pervasive odor of cut wood.

Two burly looking humans wearing leather armor sit upon cut wood stumps near the mound. Over the leather armor each man wears a worn orange tunic baring the symbol of crossed woodsmen axes over a pair of wavy parallel lines. You can see the men are engaged in some sort of game of cards on a third stump between them.

Gray Mage
2010-08-05, 03:02 PM
Cyrus won't approach the man, prefering to have a plan about what should be done before talking to them. He'll turn to his fellow group members"Ok.... these seem to be the constables that Garum mentioned, how should we deal with them? I don't like the option to simply kill them, they're only following orders after all."

MinotaurBurger
2010-08-05, 04:22 PM
{Scrubbed}

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-05, 05:46 PM
Rugart nods upon listening to Cyrus, and opens his mouth to speak when he notices Lann. Motion's towards him, but stays still beyond that. "Er, I think we're gonna find out whether speaking to 'em works."

Wannabehero
2010-08-06, 05:18 PM
To our dear devoted readers, this adventure has moved to a new forum.

If you wish to continue following the Adventure of "Hollow's Last Hope", you can find it HERE (http://thatonerp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ic&action=display&thread=13).

-WBHero

Roland St. Jude
2010-08-06, 11:05 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This game has moved off-site. After discussion with your DM, I'm closing this thread and leaving the OOC open for y'all to handle the transition. Good gaming.