PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Psi-Forged Build help

One Step Two
2010-08-01, 05:05 AM
Hi playgrounders, a friend of mine is going to dust off his DM hat and run an Ebberon game. I wanted to try my hand at Psionics, and thought that running a Psi-forged would be a good way to go with it's over-all resillience. Now I've heard good things about the Erudite, and I mentioned the spell-to-power Erudite found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a) as an aside when discussing the pros and cons of the class overall, and he mentioned that there will be RP potential to learn arcane powers as a psionic class character without the need for that feature.

So with that in mind, I realise the Erudite class is very limited, especially since we are starting at 1st level, is there any advice for playing a psionic character? class recommendations? Powers that are must haves? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Machiavellian
2010-08-01, 11:58 AM
I'm mostly good with PrC help and stuff like that.

Sadly, Psi-Forged aren't supplimented well in Eberron. However, I'd HIGHLY suggest aiming for PrCs that give you a lot of bang for your buck. I tend to focus my Psionics help on classes that add either Templates or Pseudo-Templates. However, since you are a Psi-Forged, you are probably better off not stacking templates that may comprimise your Living Construct-y-ness.

Personally, I'd shy away from Erudite because it's kind of a one-trick pony. Ardent however is a BEAST at psionics. It uses Wis as its primary stat, but with some excellent stat choices, you can be a pseudo-cleric. Combo it with some Ur-Priest (criminal feat always helps) and finish with 9 levels of Psychic Theurge for a better combo than an Arcane/Divine combo. The build would look a little like this:

Ardent 10/Ur Priest 1/Psychic Theurge 9

offers a nice 9th/9th manifesting/casting

if you want to drop one level of theurge, pick up a level of Arch Psion (how long I've wanted to suggest Arch Psion...) and pick your fave bonus...

Hope this helps!