PDA

View Full Version : Where Hyperia took us (first game thread)

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-01, 08:16 AM
Some stories begin with a world . . .

Some begin with a crusade against evil . . .

Some begin with a betrayal . . .

And some begin in a an inn, (groans all around)

HEY! Just listen to the story!

We never could have guessed where life would take us that day in the Yawning Vixen bar and inn in Juresburg.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, let me start at the beginning . . .

It was a windy and stormy night, the roads were basically mud, and the bar was full to capacity, and that's when it all began . . .

Tydude
2010-08-01, 09:22 AM
Conall was lucky to find a seat in the crowded inn. He ordered a small beer before resting in his chair. It had been a long journey to get to Juresburg, and he was glad to be here. However, he had a feeling his journey was just beginning. He quickly looked around the inn to check if anyone was following him.

[roll0] Spot check. Also, this is my color. Finally, here's my character sheet again:Conall (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=5469)

Grytorm
2010-08-01, 01:30 PM
Weary from his journey Shylend is glad to have reached the town. Eager for a chance to rest his weary feet he goes to the inn and orders a drink. He sits at the first opportunity and he lays his backpack beside him. He listens the the people eyes half closed as he drinks.

My voice shall be brown.

Shylend the Bard (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=4809)
I intend to make a listen check. Not sure how though. I probably have to type something. My modifier is +2. I think I figured it out. 1d20+2.Also which version of my character should I use? I prefer the first but it will probably be the latter.

IcarusWings
2010-08-01, 02:38 PM
Laen sits in the bar, eyeing up the visitors in case they cause trouble. Returning to his drink he takes a long sip and readjusts the hooded cloak to conceal his face.
Putting his drink down, he meanders up to the bar to get a better look at the newcomers.

Spot check here no modifier, also not sure how. Don't what the colours are for but I claim this one in advance for whatever they're for.

Character sheet here (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=4223).

Tydude
2010-08-01, 04:27 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100917) can teach you how to use dice rolls.

IcarusWings
2010-08-02, 07:40 AM
okay, spot check is [roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-02, 09:28 AM
The nights continued unremarkably, the three just sitting at the bar. The barkeep passed by asking if they would like anything to eat.

IcarusWings
2010-08-02, 10:38 AM
After watching the newcomers for some time, Laen flourishes his hand quickly and attempts to remove whatever coin the bard has from his person.

Sleight of Hand +5 modifier [roll0]

Tydude
2010-08-02, 10:54 AM
Turning to the barkeep, Conall responds with, "I'll have fish, and another beer."
[roll0] Spot check to see if he notices Laen.

Grytorm
2010-08-02, 01:23 PM
Good sir, I think I would like some fine food. I expect that I could get a fine stew from this fine local, with it another mug of ale would be appreciated. Shylend said hungry for something better for trail rations.

Spot check against Laen's attempt. [roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-03, 10:07 PM
As the night wore on, Laen the sneaky rogue brushed against Shylend the bard, easily lifting two gold pieces from the distracted musician. Conall the woodsman noted with interest this ruse, and I began my move on these three, having selected them finally.
Here's an OOC thread as requested.OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9071816#post9071816)

Tydude
2010-08-03, 11:52 PM
Conall, having noticed the theft, taps Shylend on the shoulder. He points at the rogue, and shakes his own purse, signalling that Laen stole the bard's coins. He then returns to his drink, pretending that he knew nothing.

Grytorm
2010-08-04, 12:22 AM
Shylend realizing the theft nods at Conall. Watching him carefully he tries to remember his face. Soon he starts talking to people. He talks to the inebriated folks around him asking about the locals. He tries to steer the conversations toward "That halfling fellow".

Gather Information [roll0], let us see what I can find out about our halfling friend.

IcarusWings
2010-08-04, 02:42 AM
Happy with his success, for it would buy him an extra ale, Laen sat down in a corner, listening intently in case he hadn't been so discreet as he first thought.

listen check to hear Shylend asking questions about him [roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-04, 08:21 AM
I noticed the three trying to do what all of their type did, eavesdrop and schmooze to get information, but the bar was too full, too loud, its patrons too drunk to make their efforts a success. I approached Conall the ranger.

"Good sir, you appear to not be from around here, what brings you to Juresburg?"

Before Conall stands a woman, dressed in a leather jerkin and breeches, with a fur cloak over her shoulders.

Tydude
2010-08-04, 04:07 PM
"Me? I'm wandering the land. This town seemed like a nice place to stop by." He took another drink of his beer, then turned back to the woman. "Do you live here? If so, could you point me towards any landmarks or sights in the city?"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-06, 10:51 AM
"Me? I'm wandering the land. This town seemed like a nice place to stop by." He took another drink of his beer, then turned back to the woman. "Do you live here? If so, could you point me towards any landmarks or sights in the city?"

"Oh I don't live here, I come from a city along the coast. I'm told that the farmers' fields are nice when it isn't raining."

Tydude
2010-08-06, 01:22 PM
"Well, since it is raining, it seems I won't be leaving this inn for a while."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-09, 11:46 AM
"Well to be honest, I have a proposition for you, need some people to deal with a creature out in the rains, deadly dangerous."

Tydude
2010-08-09, 06:27 PM
"Hmm.... a deadly dangerous creature, you say? Well, I've heard worse before. Look, I'd love something to do, I am rather bored, but you said you need more than one person. I don't know anyone else who could help." Conall took another gulp of his drink and a bite of his fish, before returning his attention back to the woman. "How about you tell me more about this monster? Your name would also be appreciated."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-09, 08:41 PM
"Hmm.... a deadly dangerous creature, you say? Well, I've heard worse before. Look, I'd love something to do, I am rather bored, but you said you need more than one person. I don't know anyone else who could help." Conall took another gulp of his drink and a bite of his fish, before returning his attention back to the woman. "How about you tell me more about this monster? Your name would also be appreciated."

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure fate and a little luck will provide us with companions. My name is Hyperia, since you asked."

Tydude
2010-08-11, 06:10 PM
Conall looked at Hyperia strangely. How could fate lead them to companions? He understood how luck could lend them with companions, that was simple enough, but was this creature so dangerous that fate was intervening? It was either that, or this woman was crazy. "So, what business does a woman from the coast have with a creature out in the rains?" But another thought was plauging Conall. If she wasn't crazy, which he suspected she was, why did she ask him of all people to deal with such a dangerous creature?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-11, 09:51 PM
Conall looked at Hyperia strangely. How could fate lead them to companions? He understood how luck could lend them with companions, that was simple enough, but was this creature so dangerous that fate was intervening? It was either that, or this woman was crazy. "So, what business does a woman from the coast have with a creature out in the rains?" But another thought was plauging Conall. If she wasn't crazy, which he suspected she was, why did she ask him of all people to deal with such a dangerous creature?

"Well now, a lady does need some mysteries about her. It's dangerous, and I think it should be removed from the countryside."

Tydude
2010-08-11, 10:03 PM
"Fair enough. Now, where are these companions of yours?"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-11, 10:05 PM
"Fair enough. Now, where are these companions of yours?"

Hyperia gestures with her drink towards Shylend and Laen, giggling softly to herself.

Tydude
2010-08-12, 08:51 AM
Conall laughs, and almost spills his drink in the process. "What, those two fools? The thief and the musician? You must be joking."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-12, 10:44 AM
Conall laughs, and almost spills his drink in the process. "What, those two fools? The thief and the musician? You must be joking."

"Come now, where's your sense of adventure?"

Tydude
2010-08-12, 10:55 AM
"Very well. Shall we go talk to them?"
What's been happening with them? You haven't said anything about them in a while.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-14, 12:19 PM
Without responding, Hyperia gets up and walks over to the other two.

IcarusWings
2010-08-14, 04:19 PM
Seeing the two looking at him and then walking, Laen stood up and walked to meet them.
Greetings my fine sir, and madam! he said, putting out his hand to shake Conall's. What is your business in the Yawning Vixen?
Behind his mask of greetings, Laen's calculating eyes sized up the pair, wondering what their objective was.

sense motive check no modifier [roll0]

Tydude
2010-08-14, 06:10 PM
Conall put his hand out to shake Laen's, and responded with, "I was here for a drink and a place to sleep. Of course, that's before Hyperia talked to me," He indicated Hyperia with a gesture of his hand, and then continued, "She has a preposition for you and that bard over there. You would rather here it from her than me, though." While he said those words, he continually checked his purse, just in case. He hadn't forgetten Laen's theft earlier in the evening.

Grytorm
2010-08-14, 10:47 PM
Seeing that friendly fellow from earlier approaching that annoying thief Shylend thinks it is an appropriate time to approach. Grabbing is pack he strolled over to the group. Now what is this? A story of some interest I am guessing. I do not believe I have made your acquaintance. Though I believe I can guess the profession of at least one of you. With the last sentence he keeps his eyes locked on the halfling but the rest of the time Shylends eyes flutter about trying to divine these three peoples motives.

Sense Motive [roll0]

Tydude
2010-08-15, 05:40 PM
"Well, you're just in time. I was just saying that we wanted to speak with you. Funny, maybe fate really is controlling us." He paused for a second, turned to Hyperia, then continued, "Well, Hyperia, now that we have our companions, maybe you could elaborate more on this creature?"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-19, 09:47 PM
"Well, you're just in time. I was just saying that we wanted to speak with you. Funny, maybe fate really is controlling us." He paused for a second, turned to Hyperia, then continued, "Well, Hyperia, now that we have our companions, maybe you could elaborate more on this creature?"

"Certainly. It is a dragon, of a young age to be sure, stealing livestock to feed its appetite."

Grytorm
2010-08-19, 10:55 PM
Ah, have you knowledge of the creatures name or legacy? Perhaps I may have heard of it. Also can you describe the beast? Perhaps I know I have some knowledge of the mysteries arcana. Todd said smiling looking up at Hyperia.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-19, 10:57 PM
Ah, have you knowledge of the creatures name or legacy? Perhaps I may have heard of it. Also can you describe the beast? Perhaps I know I have some knowledge of the mysteries arcana. Todd said smiling looking up at Hyperia.

"A wyrmling of the black variety, a strong creature to be sure."

IcarusWings
2010-08-20, 05:05 AM
You may ponder for hours on this creature later! Laen interrupted rudely The important thing is what's in it for me? Believe you me, I would love to get out of this nowhere-town, but my fine mind comes at a price!

Tydude
2010-08-20, 09:20 AM
"Hyperia, you must be joking yet again. I thought this monster would be something that we might be able to defeat. There better be a handsome price for this, or you can count me out," Conall said with a grim look on his face.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-20, 09:23 AM
"Hyperia, you must be joking yet again. I thought this monster would be something that we might be able to defeat. There better be a handsome price for this, or you can count me out," Conall said with a grim look on his face.

"Well, what about the hoard?"

Tydude
2010-08-20, 09:27 AM
"Yes, but what about the older dragon? If this one is young, it is probably just hunting in the fields, while the parent guards the hoard in their cave," Conall took a deep breath, and continued, "A young dragon is tough enough, but a fully grown dragon would be far beyond our capabilities."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-20, 09:32 AM
"Yes, but what about the older dragon? If this one is young, it is probably just hunting in the fields, while the parent guards the hoard in their cave," Conall took a deep breath, and continued, "A young dragon is tough enough, but a fully grown dragon would be far beyond our capabilities."

"Oh, I can guarantee that the mother is dead."

Tydude
2010-08-20, 10:38 AM
Conall thought for a moment. If the mother was dead, like Hyperia said, then this might be a fruitful mission for him. But, he didn't trust her completely. There was something different about her. Plus, she still hadn't told him why she wanted this creature dead. He sighed, then spoke to the group, "Very well. If the rest of you plan to join me, I shall help to slay this creature."

Grytorm
2010-08-20, 02:03 PM
As a collector of tales Hyperia's reassurance piqued his Shylend's interest. I may as well accompany you. But you must tell me how you know of the mother's death.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-20, 02:05 PM
As a collector of tales Hyperia's reassurance piqued his Shylend's interest. I may as well accompany you. But you must tell me how you know of the mother's death.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]

"I hired the killers myself actullay, but circumstances prohibit my using them again."

Grytorm
2010-08-20, 09:55 PM
Fine, I will come.

Bardic Knowledge [roll0] Let us see what I know about people named Hyperia

IcarusWings
2010-08-21, 07:04 AM
I suppose it will be good to get out of this tavern for once. Laen mused Consider me in.

Tydude
2010-08-21, 08:05 AM
"Well, it looks like we've all agreed to come. Where exactly is this monster, Hyperia?"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-21, 10:27 AM
"Well, it looks like we've all agreed to come. Where exactly is this monster, Hyperia?"

"In the hills outside the village, come I shall take you there."

With that, she gets up and moves effortlessly thorugh the crowd, like water over rocks.

Tydude
2010-08-21, 02:45 PM
Conall follows Hyperia, though not nearly as smoothly. Along the walk, he keeps an eye out for any traps or ambushes. He still doesn't trust her.
[roll0] Spot check

Grytorm
2010-08-22, 02:44 PM
Shylend to takes little time to follow, though he is careful to always watch Laen is.

Last time I rolled a bardic knowledge roll. I got a 17, can you tell me if I have any insights about Hyperia please.

IcarusWings
2010-08-22, 03:15 PM
Before following the group, Laen took the the time to ask around the tavern about his new aquaintances.

gather information check, no modifier. [roll0]

What did I find?

After finding out all he can, Laen stalks off in the direction that the others took.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-22, 07:27 PM
Last time I rolled a bardic knowledge roll. I got a 17, can you tell me if I have any insights about Hyperia please.

OOC: There's a lady in the northern coast who often goes by the name of Hyperia when hirign adventurers, though she has never before actually met with them or offered to accompany them.

Grytorm
2010-08-24, 07:08 PM
Shylend heads over to Conall to tell him of this. After telling him of her Shylend asks, Do you think it is her?

Tydude
2010-08-24, 08:42 PM
Conall whispered to Shylend, "If your mind is correct, I would believe it to be her. I don't think we should approach her about it. No reason to make her think we're suspicious. That's good information for the future, though," He began to walk away, but turned around, "Would you mind if I told Laen about this?" he questioned.

Grytorm
2010-08-24, 11:27 PM
Sure, go ahead.

Tydude
2010-08-25, 08:32 AM
Conall walked over to Laen, and relayed to him the information Shylend had giving Conall.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-25, 09:52 AM
Out in the fileds it is still raining, and though it is really wet, Hyperia seems completely undeterred. You continue to walk to the hills outside town.

Grytorm
2010-08-25, 10:35 AM
Shylend marches on, undeterred. But as he nears the hills he scans the skies for signs of life.

Yay! A spot check, [roll0]

Tydude
2010-08-25, 12:00 PM
Though it was not without the occasional misstep, Conall continued to follow Hyperia through the rain and to the hills.

IcarusWings
2010-08-25, 01:56 PM
After pondering for some time the information Conall had relayed to him, Laen walked up to him to discuss it.
It seems we're far from the first this Hyperia has contracted Laen said The question is, what is so dangerous about this dragon that so many have gone before, and yet still more are needed? There is something Hyperia is not letting on. Something of great consequence. While expressing his opinion, Laen Listened hard to thehills around him, hard as it was due to the constant patter of rain.

Listen check [roll0]

Tydude
2010-08-25, 02:31 PM
"Yes, you're probably right. For now, though, there's nothing we can do but keep our eyes and ears open," He responded back to Laen.

IcarusWings
2010-08-25, 02:39 PM
I suppose so, but I don't like to go into a situation, especially a dangerous one, unimformed. Who knows what we could be facing along with the dragon, if we're even gonna' face a dragon at all.

Tydude
2010-08-25, 03:21 PM
"You're probably right yet again. If we want to turn around, this might be the last chance we have. I, however, am curious as to what is going on."

Grytorm
2010-08-25, 05:30 PM
Yes, it is most likely our last chance. With luck tales will be told about us in a hundred years time. I will try to come through here again if I remember. Hopefully they will leave out the rain.

Grytorm
2010-08-25, 10:01 PM
Shylend jogs ahead until he thinks they can not hear him. With a gesture he invokes the following, A glint of magic, this eye will find. After this he turns around to return to the group lingering on any magic he finds. Finally Shylend scans the sky. After this he relays what he finds to Conall.

A few questions for the DM.
How long do you want this campaign to last?
Can I change my background a little?
Is there any major negative things associated with flies?
Can you give us some world details?
Does Hyperia possess any weapons, or a spell component pouch?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-26, 08:25 AM
Shylend jogs ahead until he thinks they can not hear him. With a gesture he invokes the following, A glint of magic, this eye will find. After this he turns around to return to the group lingering on any magic he finds. Finally Shylend scans the sky. After this he relays what he finds to Conall.

A few questions for the DM.
How long do you want this campaign to last?
Can I change my background a little?
Is there any major negative things associated with flies?
Can you give us some world details?
Does Hyperia possess any weapons, or a spell component pouch?

I don't know how long it will last.
You can change your background a little sure.
Well, there's alway Baalzebul, lord of flies, he's pretty negative.
I'll write up some world dets.
She has a pair of razors strapped to her belt.

Grytorm
2010-08-27, 10:17 PM
Lady Hyperia, I hope we are not far from are destination? Shylend says smiling.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I cast Detect Magic last post. And aren't you curious why I was curious about flies?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-27, 10:22 PM
Lady Hyperia, I hope we are not far from are destination? Shylend says smiling.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I cast Detect Magic last post. And aren't you curious why I was curious about flies?

OOC: Hyperia's weapons detect as mildly magical. And sure, hit me with it.

"Not very far at all."

Tydude
2010-08-28, 08:15 AM
After Shylend relayed the information of Hyperia's daggers to Conall, he responded, "It's probably just some minor enchantment. Nothing to be worried about. Though, you do never know."

Grytorm
2010-08-28, 10:06 PM
No, it is not something to worry about. More something to think about, any enchantment is expensive. said Shylend.

I am guessing that after a certain number of posts we will reach our destination.

Tydude
2010-08-28, 10:10 PM
"Well, you are the most schooled in magic here. In this matter, I will follow anything you say. Perhaps you should ask her? I do not believe there would be any harm in that."

Grytorm
2010-08-28, 11:20 PM
I do agree that it would cause no harm. But what is the fun in that? Let her keep her secrets, we can always ask later.

Tydude
2010-08-29, 08:35 AM
"Well, if you say so. As I said, I'm trusting you with this. I just don't like not knowing what it is."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-29, 10:16 AM
"Well, if you say so. As I said, I'm trusting you with this. I just don't like not knowing what it is."

After a little bit more walking, Hyperia motions for you three to get down behind a rock. Off in the distance you can see a small shape wheeling in the rain, flying around surveying the land.

Tydude
2010-08-29, 10:38 AM
Conall ducks down behind the rock like Hyperia motioned. "Hyperia, is that the dragon you spoke of?" As he asks, he attempts to get a better view of the monster.
[roll0]Spot check. Can I do that? Also, [roll1] Hide check if needed

Grytorm
2010-08-29, 02:22 PM
Hiding behind the rock bow drawn. I see it. Should I try to draw its attention? I can summon lights or create the sound of some tasty morsel. Shylend whispered.

Hide [roll0]

IcarusWings
2010-08-29, 04:23 PM
Laen swiftly ducks behind the rock, hands fluidly drawing the crossbow at his belt. This is going to be interesting.

Hide check, +5 modifier. [roll0]

Grytorm
2010-08-29, 11:08 PM
Of course instead of encountering her now we could try to follow her to her lair.

Tydude
2010-08-30, 08:20 AM
"We should follow it to its lair. That way, not only will we find the lair, but the dragons movement will be restricted," Conall whispers.

IcarusWings
2010-08-30, 09:00 AM
It's a reasonable plan says Laen we just have to hope the dragon doesn't have defences.

Tydude
2010-08-30, 09:21 AM
"That would be very bad," he responds to Laen, before asking Hyperia, "Hyperia, now would be a good time to give us any info you know."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-30, 10:52 AM
"It's a black dragon, acidic fundamentum draconis, marsh dwelling, shellfish and pickled red meat diet. I agree, let's follow."

Tydude
2010-08-30, 10:56 AM
"Very well, let's move. Unless there are any objections, I shall lead," Conall states.
Unless there are any objections, [roll0] Move silently check

IcarusWings
2010-08-30, 11:05 AM
You seem like an adequate choice Laen says as he swiftly follows, crouched low.

Move Silently +7 modifier [roll0]

Grytorm
2010-08-30, 02:05 PM
With luck it will not be far.

First a Move Silently check [roll0] With luck the dragon will have a hard time hearing us because of the rain.
Now a Spot check, to try to see where it flies, [roll1]
Finally about how far away is the dragon?

IcarusWings
2010-09-04, 01:08 PM
Before we enter this creature's lair Laen says I would like to learn more. I've never been up against a dragon before, and all I've heard is hearsay and fanciful stories. What do you know about dragons? He asks Shylend Any idea on their strengths and weaknesses? Anything to give us an advantage.

Grytorm
2010-09-04, 01:32 PM
Black dragons are particularly ill tempered sort. They have distinctive horns and can spit acid. I think they are one of the types that breath water. It is probably to young to do anything overtly magical yet. They prefer rotten meat. Shylend said, Now we have a question of strategy. I see three options. First we could run in and kill everything that moves, second we could try to convince it to move elsewhere, I do speak draconic. Are last choice is to be captured by the brute who proceeds to keep us prisoner while eating inconsequential background characters until we trick it. Happens to heroes in stories all the time.

I had to make a guess about what I would know. Most of the information is fluff though. I did make a Knowledge (Arcana) roll earlier, I got an 18 on it.

Tydude
2010-09-04, 02:17 PM
"How about stealth? I say we follow it and see what it does on a normal day. Once we get this information, we may be able to spring a trap on it."

Grytorm
2010-09-04, 03:54 PM
Yes that is a good idea. Let her lead us to her lair. If we intend to strike in the cave we must be weary of minions. She would probably have to be gone long enough to deal with them.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-09-04, 09:26 PM
The party manages to succeed in tracking the dragon to the cave mouth, the dragon went in 10 minutes hence.

Tydude
2010-09-05, 09:07 AM
"Well, anything to say before we head in?" Conall asks the party.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-09-05, 09:14 AM
"Yes, try to kill it quickly."

Hyperia smiles.

Tydude
2010-09-05, 09:36 AM
"That's always good advice," Conall says with a smile. "What about you two?" he says pointing to Laen and Shylend, "Anything you want to say?"

Grytorm
2010-09-05, 11:07 AM
I take it we are going with the rush in and kill everything that moves approach? Shylend said smiling, Who is going to take point? After asking his questions he takes out and lights his lantern. After doing so he steps into the cave just out of the rain. Once in he focuses to activate a bit of Gnomish magic to dry off.

Shylend uses the prestidigitation spell like ability. He first uses it to dry himself off. Annoying rain.
Icarus wings, Laen's hide bonus should be four higher. The bonus from being small.

IcarusWings
2010-09-05, 02:50 PM
Just don't get me killed and I'll be happy Laen says I'm in this for the money, nothing else. Don't get some fanciful notion of heroism into your heads. If the situation turns sour, I run... you should too.

Should it? OK, so it's a 17 then?

Tydude
2010-09-05, 03:06 PM
"I'll agree to that. My life is too important to me," he responds to Laen. "Shylend, I shall attempt to track this beast through the caverns. Stay near me with that lamp."
I would like to attempt to track the dragon (unless it was flying, in which case there's no way I can track it) but I don't really understand. I'm just going to make a survival check: 1d20+6

Tydude
2010-09-05, 03:08 PM
That roll didn't seem to work, so let me try again: [roll0]

Grytorm
2010-09-07, 12:17 AM
Okay Shylend said. In one hand he holds the lantern, prepared to place it on the ground, the other caries his bow. Also as each person enters the cave he uses Prestidigitation to dry them.

IcarusWings
2010-09-07, 11:49 AM
Laen carefully loads his crossbow and holds it at the ready. He tehn follows Conall and Shylend, but at a distance, lurking in the shadows. Ready to ambush anyone who would try to ambush them.

Move silently check, +7 modifier [roll0]. and I'm not sure what to do with blending in with the shadows, I'll try hide, but assumedly with a enalty for moving. +9. [roll1]

Grytorm
2010-09-08, 09:26 PM
After some thought Shylend changes the color of the outfits of everybody to match the colors of the cave walls. He alsoputs up his bow and draws his knife instead.

IcarusWings
2010-09-12, 08:53 AM
Giving Shylend a quick appreciative nod for the added camouflage, Laen carries on walking, keeping his eyes peeled.

spot check, [roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-09-12, 10:39 PM
The dragon is cavorting in it's treasure pile, and does not seem to notice you at the moment.

Grytorm
2010-09-12, 11:05 PM
Quickly hiding the light Todd ducks behind cover as silently as possible. It is time. So should we talk or should we strike Whispers Todd as he sheathes his dagger and eases out his bow.

Hide
Move Silently [roll]1d20-1

Tydude
2010-09-13, 05:39 AM
Conall quickly follows Shylend behind the rock, and responds, "I have an idea. If I use this oil," he says, indicating the oil in his pack, "We could make a pool of it on the ground. Then, Laen could lure the dragon into it and me and Shylend could use our torches and lamps to light it on fire." He thinks over his plan for a moment, before saying, "However, I don't know how much it would hurt the beast. I am not an expert in dragons."

Hide: [roll0] and Move Silently: [roll1]

IcarusWings
2010-09-13, 10:41 AM
A fine plan says Laen Except for the part about me being the bait. Is there no other distraction we can make?

Hide check +9 mod [roll0]

Tydude
2010-09-13, 03:59 PM
"Shylend, do you have any magic that could cause a distraction like that? If not, any type of food attached to a rope might work."

Grytorm
2010-09-13, 06:07 PM
Yes, phantom sounds and dancing lights I can do. Shylend whispered.

Is my prestidigitation still up?

Tydude
2010-09-13, 07:00 PM
"Well that's better a better idea than using Laen as bait," he says with a smirk. "Laen, take some oil and start making a pool of it. I shall do the same. Shylend, get ready to use your magic."
I give Laen 2 pints of oil.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-09-13, 09:10 PM
Yes, phantom sounds and dancing lights I can do. Shylend whispered.

Is my prestidigitation still up?

Yes prestidigitation is up

IcarusWings
2010-09-14, 10:09 AM
A good solution Laen says, satisfied. Laens starts to lay the oil, doing his best to move in shadows.

Move silently [roll0], Hide [roll1]

Tydude
2010-09-14, 04:25 PM
Conall follows suit, laying two pints of his own oil in a pool.
[roll0] move silently

Grytorm
2010-09-14, 06:29 PM
I am planing to use my Ghost SOund ability to grab the beasts attention. If that fails I will use dancing lights. whispered Todd glancing around Perhaps we should try to surround it. Get to different sides of the pool. Once again Todd puts up his bow, this time retrieving a jar of oil from his sack.

Grytorm
2010-09-17, 10:13 PM
I need a rag. Hyperia, perhaps a handkerchief that you care little for? If she gives me one I check it for monograms.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-09-17, 10:15 PM
I need a rag. Hyperia, perhaps a handkerchief that you care little for? If she gives me one I check it for monograms.

She hands you a hankercheif, the monograms are AvM

Grytorm
2010-09-17, 10:42 PM
Thank you, I hope you don't mind. Shylend says, dipping it in the oil before stuffing it into the neck of the jar of oil he has. Here Laen, when the dragon comes, light the end and throw. When Laen takes it I draw my bow once again.

IcarusWings
2010-09-23, 12:31 PM
Clipping his crossbow to his belt, Laen takes the jar, weighing it up carefully in his hands. Ready.

initiative [roll0]

Tydude
2010-09-23, 04:20 PM
Conall grabs his long bow on his back, and sets it on the ground in front of him. He holds a lamp in his hand, and quickly lights it using his other hand. Once it's lit, he covers it with his free hand so no light escapes. He nods at Laen before turning to Shylend. "Cast the spell."
Initiative: [roll0]

Grytorm
2010-09-23, 06:10 PM
Focusing on his innate abilities Shylend forces his will to manifest. Those who listen here the baa of a sheep. Also he kicks a stone to produce a clatter.

If he hears the beast approach he holds his bow at the ready, if it does not come he focuses once again to conjure four flickering lights that he moves to cause shadows to flicker.

First I used Ghost Sound, then Dancing Lights. Save DC 12 if necessary. Only use Dancing lights if I don't hear movement.
A listen check for approaching beasts [roll0]
Initiative! [roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-09-24, 10:44 PM
Initiative Order
22-Laen
17-Conall
17-Dragon
5-Shylend

IcarusWings
2010-09-25, 02:04 AM
Getting the first shot in, Laen swiftly draws his arm back and then swings it in an arc, launching the jar at the dragon.

Ranged touch attack +5 modifer, -2 for every 10 ft away the dragon is (I don't know). [roll0]

Tydude
2010-09-28, 04:25 PM
Conall wait silently with his lamp in hand. He readies himself, so that when the dragon enters the pool of oil, he lights it on fire.

Alright, I'm trying to ready an action to light the oil when the dragon enters it. Am I doing this right?

Grytorm
2010-10-01, 10:23 PM
Not sure if we caught the Dragon by surprise. If not ignore this.

Bow in hand Shylend focuses and shoots at the dragon.
Attack with short bow. [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-10-03, 06:13 PM
The dragon, covered in oil, charges at Conall.

Bite: [roll0] dmg: [roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-10-03, 06:16 PM
The dragon then catches fire [roll0]

Grytorm
2010-10-04, 09:17 PM
So we didn't have surprise?

Carefully aiming his bow Shylend fires at the dragon.

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

IcarusWings
2010-10-06, 01:44 PM
Laen swiftly unclips his crossbow from his belt and loads a bolt into it.

taking two move actions, one to draw and one to load.

Tydude
2010-10-06, 04:17 PM
Quickly picking up his bow on the ground, Conall also moves backward to avoid the beast.

I am picking up my bow and moving backward as far as I can within 30 feet in the cave.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-10-18, 11:26 AM
The dragon charges at Conall, biting into him and dealing 3 points of damage, and then taking 2 points of damage as it burns.

OOC: Okay, the computer is fixed, I am so extremely sorry you don't even know! Mea Culpe.

Grytorm
2010-10-18, 08:15 PM
Shylend begins ranting in Gnomish in a bizarely inspiring manner. He gesticulates wildly and after a few seconds falls silent and bows. After backs away while staying within 40 ft.

Used Inspire Courage A +1 to attack and damage rolls plus a free +1 bonus on saves against Charm and Fear effects.

IcarusWings
2010-10-19, 01:07 PM
Deftly pulling the trigger on his crossbow, Laen fires at the black dragon. He then throws the weapon to the ground, steps 5 feet towards the dragon and draws his two daggers.

Attack roll [roll0] damage(if I hit) [roll1]

I drop the crossbow (free action), take a 5 foot step, and draw weapons (move action)

How close to the dragon and Conall am I?

Tydude
2010-10-20, 06:42 PM
Conall curses his luck. Of course he was the one who the dragon attacks. He quickly fires his bow at the dragon before dropping it, and drawing his longsword.

1d20+1 I believe that's a +4 normally with a -4 because Laen is in melee and a +1 because I have point blank shot. If it hits, 1d8 damage. I then drop the bow (free action) and draw a longsword (move action).

Tydude
2010-10-20, 06:44 PM
Urg I'm really bad at rolling on this forum. Alright then, [roll0] for attack and [roll1] for possible damage.

IcarusWings
2010-10-21, 12:24 AM
Urg I'm really bad at rolling on this forum. Alright then, [roll0] for attack and [roll1] for possible damage.

I'm not in melee yet

Tydude
2010-10-21, 05:35 AM
Oh, alright. [roll0] for attack then.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-10-30, 08:22 PM
The black dragon's attacks all miss.

Shylend's turn.

Grytorm
2010-10-30, 10:24 PM
Drawing an arrow Shylend carefully lines up his next shot, he releases the string hoping that it will strike true.

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

IcarusWings
2010-10-31, 05:38 AM
Laen charges straight at the dragon and swings one of his shortswords in a small arc of steel.

charge and attack. How close is Conall to the dragon (e.g. are we flanking together)?
Attack roll [roll0] (add 2 to the attack roll if we are flanking).

Damage roll [roll1] and Sneak Attack damage (only add this if I am flanking) [roll2]

Tydude
2010-11-02, 08:36 AM
Conall charges if necessary and then slashes the dragon with his longsword.

[roll0] Attack roll. Add 2 if me and Laen are flanking. If it hits, damage roll: [roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-11-06, 10:13 PM
Due to the poor way in which the battle is going, Hyperia urges you to fall back.

"It would seem that luck is not on our side this day gentlemen!"

Grytorm
2010-11-07, 05:02 PM
I agree, It seems to have not gone well, nobody has been lucky this day. I'll try to draw it off of Conall, he has been injured. Faessi darastrix pothoc vutha. Vargach thric bensvelk, virlym clax arirasvim.

As he he speaks Shylend fires one more shot with his shortbow before dropping his bow and readying his longsword.

Draconic TalkCowardly stupid dragon. Battle not good. Thieves take your treasure.

Bluff [roll0] Attack [roll1] Damage [roll2]

Grytorm
2010-11-08, 10:02 PM
Sorry, I forgot to include the +1 to damage from the bardic music, 2 rounds are used up I think. Is that right?

IcarusWings
2010-11-09, 02:46 PM
You're right! Laen cries Let's retreat!
Laen quickly cuts at the dragon before stumbling backwards away from it.

one attack (+1 attack bonus and +2 for flanking) and move away from the dragon
[roll0]

Damage: [roll1] and Sneak Attack: [roll2]

IcarusWings
2010-11-09, 02:50 PM
Critical Confirmation [roll0]

Tydude
2010-11-09, 05:31 PM
"Oh well. I hope you know some healing, Shylend." Yells Conall while slashing the dragon and moving backwards.

[roll0] Attack roll and possible damage roll: [roll1] Also, where did I drop my bow?