PDA

View Full Version : TWF Question

bartman
2010-08-01, 08:54 AM
I am not sure if I have the TWF rules right when I do this. Currently if I move, then I can only attack with my MH at my highest BAB, and do not get the OH attack unless I can full attack. Is this correct, or should I, as a standard action, attack with MH and OH at full BAB-2? If I am doing it right, does anyone know of a way I could attack with MH and OH after a move? I dont even care if it is a full attack, just one "round" (MH, OH) would suffice for me. I know about Belt of Battle, and Pounce, but are there any other ways?

WarKitty
2010-08-01, 08:56 AM
I am not sure if I have the TWF rules right when I do this. Currently if I move, then I can only attack with my MH at my highest BAB, and do not get the OH attack unless I can full attack. Is this correct, or should I, as a standard action, attack with MH and OH at full BAB-2? If I am doing it right, does anyone know of a way I could attack with MH and OH after a move? I dont even care if it is a full attack, just one "round" (MH, OH) would suffice for me. I know about Belt of Battle, and Pounce, but are there any other ways?

You are correct, you can only attack with your MH unless you are full attacking. I believe there is a thread on how to get move and full attack somewhere around here, I'll let our more experienced playgrounders dig it up.

KillianHawkeye
2010-08-01, 09:03 AM
There is a feat (in Players Handbook 2 maybe?) that lets you use both weapons as a standard action. I think the feat is called Dual Strike, or something like that. You roll a single attack roll but you deal the damage from both your weapons. Also I think there's a penalty on the attack.

But yes, normally if you want to have more than 1 attack you need to use a Full Attack action. Although when making a single attack you can use either weapon; you're not limited to the one that is usually in your "main" hand.

Tequila Sunrise
2010-08-01, 09:23 AM
There is a feat (in Players Handbook 2 maybe?) that lets you use both weapons as a standard action. I think the feat is called Dual Strike, or something like that. You roll a single attack roll but you deal the damage from both your weapons. Also I think there's a penalty on the attack.
It's in one of the Complete books. Either 'Adventurer or 'Warrior.

true_shinken
2010-08-01, 11:01 AM
It's in one of the Complete books. Either 'Adventurer or 'Warrior.

But this feat sucks. Hard.
You don't get any bonus damage on the off-hand attack. Bonus damage is what makes TWF work.
I'd consider Double Hit from Miniatures Handbook, though - two attacks on an AoO.

tyckspoon
2010-08-01, 11:15 AM
There's a pretty large number of ways to get movement as a Swift action; if you want to go feat based, you can get Travel Devotion (Move as a Swift action 1/day for 1 minute, or basically 1 encounter; more uses are gained by Turn Undead uses) or spend a couple of Martial Study feats to get the Sudden Leap maneuver from Tiger Claw, which lets you make a Swift Jump check. Both are easier to do or greatly enhanced by a level dip (Cleric and Warblade, respectively) however, so you may as well just get the Barbarian dip for proper Pounce.

AslanCross
2010-08-01, 08:08 PM
The maneuver Wolf Fang Strike from Tome of Battle is a Lv1, no-prerequisite remedy for attacking with two weapons as a standard action. (It is, however, just one hit from each weapon at a -2 penalty, overwriting the default TWF penalty.)

EDIT: No prerequisites apart from having Tome of Battle allowed in your games, of course.

Frosty
2010-08-01, 08:37 PM
In the PHB2 there is a feat called Two-weapon Pounce I think, where you get to make an attack with both weapons at the end of a charge, at a -2 penalty to both attacks of course. Full bonus damage and whatnot to both attacks.

Greenish
2010-08-01, 10:08 PM
It should not come as a surprise to anyone, but Person_Man has a list of Ways to get pounce or free movement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358).

Tyndmyr
2010-08-01, 10:35 PM
I need a list of the things Person_Man DOESN'T have lists of.

Prodan
2010-08-01, 10:38 PM
Ways to make sandwiches
The Kings of Egypt
Genealogy of the Bible
Medal of Honor winners
Victoria Cross recipients
Attendance roster of the 1923 COMINTERN
Means of turning base metals into gold

bartman
2010-08-01, 10:48 PM
well, looks like 2 weapon pounce is the way to go, for what I want it for. I was considering either a lion totem barbarian dip, or the dual strike feat, but i like the TWP feat better. Im just looking for a way to apply my free trip from the feat high sword low axe on the first round of combat,after i have moved in to engage the enemy. this would be perfect, charge in, hit with both, trip, and not worry about the -2 to AC overly much since the enemy is on his ass :)

Mongoose87
2010-08-01, 11:31 PM
Ways to make sandwiches
The Kings of Egypt
Genealogy of the Bible
Medal of Honor winners
Victoria Cross recipients
Attendance roster of the 1923 COMINTERN
Means of turning base metals into gold

I couldn't believe he had a list of former airline pilots named George, but I did a search, and there it was.