PDA

View Full Version : Need a spell

bartman
2010-08-01, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know of a spell that gives a STR bonus that is not an enhancement bonus? I am looking for something that stacks with Bull's Strength.

Boci
2010-08-01, 10:44 AM
Enlarge person?

PId6
2010-08-01, 10:56 AM
If you're a cleric, Righteous Might + Divine Power gets more than enough Str. If you're a wizard, you'll have less options. The Animal Devotion feat in Complete Champion provides a sacred bonus to Str, but it's powered by Turn attempts (so it doesn't work as well for arcane casters).

For actual spells, there's Enlarge Person, and spells that set your Str to a specific number, namely Polymorph and spells of the Polymorph subschool. Beyond that, you don't really have many options. The Bite of the X spells from Spell Compendium can replace Bull's Strength though, since those tend to give much larger enhancement bonuses.

bartman
2010-08-01, 11:02 AM
I don't think enlarge person would work, since what I want to do is make a custom magic item. I already have a +2 belt of strength, and wanted something that can stack with this, so when i start getting alot of money, i can upgrade them both and have a nice bonus going. the bite of the X spells are really nice, and definitely something to think about when i have some more cash to play with, maybe sell my belt and make a new one with one of those spells.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-01, 11:05 AM
Yeah, enlarge still stacks with that. It's a size bonus. the Rage spell is morale bonus.

Marnath
2010-08-01, 12:51 PM
If you're just out to make a permanent magic item, whats to stop it being one of the cleric ones that give sacred/profane bonuses? Or does it have to be a wizard that is making this?

bartman
2010-08-01, 02:03 PM
nothing stopping it being a cleric spell, can you give me the name of some? a sacred bonus was what I had in mind originally but i know of no spells that offer a sacred bonus to STR

Andion Isurand
2010-08-01, 02:13 PM
Draconic Polymorph into yourself it its your own strength you want to improve.

It gives +8 str and +2 con above the average scores of the form you assume, unless its used to become yourself again in which case your scores are used.

Marnath
2010-08-01, 02:54 PM
Sorry, i can't help. I don't have a spell compendium anymore :smallfrown:

Eldariel
2010-08-01, 02:56 PM
Fuse Arms (with Girallon's Blessing) works. Visage of the Deity works. (Un)holy Transformation works. Giant Size works. It's easy for a Cleric to get Strength in the 100s on higher levels.

lsfreak
2010-08-01, 02:59 PM
I would just like to point out that there's a reason all +Str items are enhancement, and there's a reason that there's no rules for making such items otherwise (that is, you can't make a +Str item that's not enhancement or inherent). You're not supposed to get more than a +6 enhancement and a +5 inherent long-term, and doing so can easily do funky things the already-fragile balance of things.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-01, 02:59 PM
Bite of the Werebear gives +16 enhancement to strength (among other things) when you get high enough level for that spell.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-01, 03:05 PM
Can you use psionics? Strength of My Enemy is a good one when you can't spare resources. SomE and a full attack is an easy +4, going as far as +8 before augmentation.

Ernir
2010-08-01, 03:10 PM
Valiant Fury, Spell Compendium. +4 morale bonus. Level 5 Courage domain spell.