PDA

View Full Version : Arena Exhibition: Cinder vs him

ArenaManager
2010-08-01, 11:00 AM
Arena Exhibition: Cinder vs. him

Map:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/11-scorers_glass_arena.png

Cinder (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=190117) - TheFallenOne
him (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228796) - AlterForm

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 11:04 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5768/670165-him_large.jpg

:smallcool:

[roll0]
[roll1] (Don't know that I actually need this...what's the precedent? Does LB get his own turn, or simply act on my initiative?)

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 11:06 AM
Initiative [roll0]

Buy Faith Healing(Crispy Chicken) 50 GP
Scroll Mage Armor misremembered remaining money

Start in M4, shield equiped

Readied spells

Kelgores Firebolt
Searing Spell Kelgores Firebolt
Acid Splash
Acid Splash
Acid Splash

good to go

edit: I think you share initiative, like mounts, ACs, envoys etc. You go first

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 11:20 AM
Hmm, when I saw "conjurer" at the top of Cinder's character sheet, I assumed "summoner" for some reason. Seeing you lay down a prepared spells spoiler, however, prompted me to see what you could pull -- which reminded me that "Cinder" is a very appropriate name. :smallsigh:

This is going to be over quick. Maybe Lil Bitey will get a nibble in at least.

Not that I ever expected the build to be effective against more than a handful of opponents. If I ported it over to the Arena proper, I'd probably just forfeit like half of my matches to avoid having Lil Bitey die on me. :smalltongue:

Him - Round 1

Begin in M23, Lil Bitey in the same square.
Him Double Move: 60 ft to E16
Lil Bitey Full Round: Run: 60 ft to E15

Status
HP: 10/10
AC: 14
Spells:
L0: 4/4
L1: 3/3
LB HP: 5/5
LB AC: 17
Positions:
Him: E16
LB: E15

End Turn

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 11:24 AM
well, I did point out that she is a nuker. And a rather good one at that I daresay, 4d6 resistance-bypassing fire? Nice :smallbiggrin:

Cinder Turn 1

Move to R9
Ready action
move when he ends turn

done

Stats
HP 5/5
AC 16/15/13
Kelgores Firebolt
Acid Splash
Acid Splash
Acid Splash

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 11:47 AM
Somehow managed to mentally block out that text.

Also, I suddenly realize how awkward keeping Lil Bitey within 30ft of me at all times is going to be. Technically, I think he would have poofed on round 1, but this being an exhibition I think we can just gloss over that, neh?

Him - Round 2

Lil Bitey Move: 15 ft to H14
Lil Bitey Standard: Ready Action
Move upon Him movement
Him Move: 60 ft to N14
As Him reaches K14ish (somewhere near there...I don't care to calculate exactly where the RA has to trigger, but there's a few squares worth of buffer for the timing), LB's RA triggers and he moves to K14, staying at ground level via his incorporeal abilities.
[EDIT]: Assuming, of course, that there's actually still floor beneath the stairs. That's...not too much to assume, right? :smallconfused:

Status
HP: 10/10
Spells:
Positions:
Him: E16
LB: E15

End Turn

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 12:15 PM
the 30 feet is indeed a problem since you can't move at the same time, but we'll let it slide. Maybe you come up with an idea to transport him later

Ending turn triggers my readied
Move to S13

On my turn

Move to U14
Standard:
Gefährlich ist wer Schmerzen kennt,
vom Feuer das den Geist verbrennt,
gefährlich das gebrannte Kind,
mit Feuer das vom Leben trennt,
ein heisser Schrei, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHUsIU161w4)
FEUER FREI!

Searing Spell Kelgores Firebolt [roll0] fire. Reflex 14 halves

done

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 12:23 PM
[roll0] vs DC 14

Him takes 12 fire, stays up via rageclaws.

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 12:29 PM
Him - Round 3

Lil Bitey Double Move: 30 ft to Q14, ground level under the stairs
Him Move: 15 ft to Q14, on the stairs
Him Standard: Ready Action
Move if targetted by a spell cast by Cinder

Status
HP: -2/10 [Rageclaws]
Spells:
Positions:
Him: Q14 (stairs)
LB: Q14 (ground level)

End Turn

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 12:33 PM
hm... the familiar ready action tango

Cinder Turn 3

Move to Y14
Ready action
Kelgores in him if he moves, readies an action, ends turn

done

Stats
HP 5/5
AC 16/15/13
Kelgores Firebolt
Acid Splash
Acid Splash
Acid Splash

may trigger your readied with my readied

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 12:39 PM
This is gonna be over quick, so I'm dropping the usual format. Also, your readied does not trigger my readied.

Lil Bitey moves 25 ft to V14
Him charges Cinder, attempting a Bull Rush.
Cinder receives an AoO against Him
Him moves into Y14 with Cinder.
[roll0]

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 12:44 PM
Triggers readied

See the fire rise
Flames are raging high
Soon all will burn and die
Burn for honor, glory, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FuBhLgVwvo)
DEATH IN FIRE!

[roll0] fire on him. Reflex 14 halves

if he survives, Abrupt Jaunt away from the bull rush to X16

my turn, if you still stand(edit: well, almost, bitey can still move I think)
(and never forget to put "readies an action" as trigger, lest you opponent gets you with a counter-readied action)

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 12:46 PM
Him is burnt to a delicious crisp. Somewhere around Medium-Well. Shouldn't even bother setting a reasonable trigger on RAs, just say "if opponent takes any action, moves, or undergoes any detectable change in status." :smallsigh:

Shall we try NPC #300some?

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 12:50 PM
sure

Though I'd reconsider the concept. The basic idea is nice, but it's a bit too limiting with the slow speed of bitey and the 30 ft limitation. I'm pretty sure there are ways to make this workable, but as it is you need to go in melee with a really slow speed. If you can speed up the familiar or give him some good ranged potential to force the enemy to you it might work

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 12:51 PM
Bitey was just one familiar considered. Other candidates including primarily (well, exclusively) a cat (for full attack for about 3 damage...yay) and a hawk (for flying dive-bomb attacks through walls and such). Poison for 1d6 (even with a low fort save dc) was the best way to put offense into a familiar that I could find.

Of course, if the idea doesn't pan out at all, that's still fine. The tactic was unique at least, if entirely ineffectual. :smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 12:58 PM
well, there is something to the idea, just the implementation needs some work. Casting expeditious retreat on the familiar would be a good start go get a bit more mobility. Maybe you can use some force effect or other spell to carry him around, not sure

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 01:02 PM
Hmmm, a Floating Disc would work, and arguably could be used to move LB directly into an opponent's square. Leaves Him very vulnerable, however.

hustlertwo
2010-08-01, 01:22 PM
So how does Cinder avoid resistance?

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 01:25 PM
Searing spell, reduced via Metamagic School Focus (Conjuration). KFB is dual-school Conjuration/Evocation (:smallannoyed:), which means it applies.

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 01:35 PM
jup. Nice combination, I went through the Neverending Battlefield(side project of Neverending Dungeon) with a Gestalt version of that. The character is on top of the leaderboard with quite a big margin :smallbiggrin:

and it takes care of those cheap 50 GP resist potions that become more well known around here

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 01:57 PM
Fallen: I'm going to get my questions about Floating Disk answered in the waiting room, then I'll try against NPC#### once I know if it'll work for pushing Lil Bitey around the battlefield. If not...maybe I'll try a hawk. Divebomb through the glass. :smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 02:00 PM
heh, let's see what you cook up

So, should I go with the 20 GP commoner starting money or the 300 GP from my round 93 match win?

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 02:36 PM
Starting money if you don't mind, so we're on somewhat equalish grounds.

hustlertwo
2010-08-01, 02:40 PM
Searing spell, reduced via Metamagic School Focus (Conjuration). KFB is dual-school Conjuration/Evocation (:smallannoyed:), which means it applies.

Yeah, I assumed from the context of his mentioning the Searing Spell while casting that this was how he avoided resistance. I just was wondering what specifically Searing Spell is. And yeah, the KFB dual-school thing has come up. Another thing that does is it allows it to take the bonus for the Spellgifted trait for either of those schools without the penalty of the other (which would have canceled out to +0 CL).

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 02:47 PM
Starting money if you don't mind, so we're on somewhat equalish grounds.

You call 20 gp commoner money equal grounds? :smalltongue:

But fair enough, I already got your soul once(see sig project), might as well fight an uphill battle to get it a second time. A magic weapon oil would have made things much much easier

Searing Spell is a nice feat, +1 level, fire spells ignore any resistances and even immunities through magic. Very nice

AlterForm
2010-08-01, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it's from It's Hot Outside(Sandstorm); +1 spell level, ignore fire resist, double damage against creatures with Cold subtype, half damage to creatures immune to fire.

TheFallenOne
2010-08-01, 03:27 PM
there is an almost identical feat in Frostburn for cold damage(piercing cold). I'd have gone with that because I really like the style better(I miss my old frost sorcerer, DM moved away), but Bloodline of Fire and Kelgores Firebolt have no cold equivalent unfortunately

anyway, give me a call once your revised character is ready Alter