PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Epic's Sandbox Campaign

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 01:03 PM
You all meet at the Crimson Knight inn. The name of the village you are in is Loslogrim. You all received through one means notice there was a job for willing adventurers that paid well. You were all told to meet here on this day at this time. You know nothing of the mission you should embark upon nor any information on the person who sent out this call for adventurers. All you know is that you should order a meal that costs at least 30 gp. You are not to worry about the price as just for attending the meeting today you will be reimbursed. You were also told to end all sentences in prepositions as another signal you are here for a job.

The bar is large and filled with a number of interesting characters along with yourselves. There are two possible monks engaged in what would appear to be a drinking contest as their table is covered with empty mugs. A group of elves are playing darts in the back. There's a loud commotion coming from the right as a large party of gnomes and dwarves sing and plays songs as a dwarf man and woman dance on the table. Two minotaurs stand by the bar; both are armed to the teeth with weapons and armor. Some orcs and goblins sit at a table playing cards (spot check, DC 18: you notice on of of the goblins just pulled an ace from his pocket). A human and a half-elf are playing a game where one throws a piece of food and the other has to catch it in their mouth from across the bar. Two elves and four halflings are meeting, and you notice each one of the has a wolf by their side. Other groups of people sit and drink. You're not sure who in this bar could have possible sent out the add.

The Crimson Knight offer a wide selection of foods and drinks. They offer simple food such as pork, turkey, chicken, and sandwhiches and more exotic dishes such as krackon and dragon meat. The drinks also include rare, aged dwarven brandy. The prices range from simple stuff costing 5 cp and an entire dish costing 45 gp. The size of the drinks and serving differ from small creatures to large ones.

ooc: You can make a listen check (DC 12) to notice if any other PCs order at the bar for something 30 gp and end all their phrases in prepositions just so you all can meet and get on the roleplaying.

aivanther
2010-08-01, 01:13 PM
Jayel enters the tavern, looking more than a bit dusty and road worn. Hitching a ride and walking is not the most glamorous ways of traveling. It does, however, get one to the right place. He simply stops and stares, a little overwhelmed at the chaos around him. Growing up where he did, the various races were nothing new, but the sheer variety of things happening in the same room were a lot to the young man.

Shaking his heads to a table and sits down. Getting a server's attention he says, "Have a dragon meat steak with your spiced potatoes and vegetables and an elven wine brought here. Oh, that does total to at least 30 gp right...er, up." He flushes a bit at nearly messing that up.

spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 01:22 PM
The bar tender is a stout half-elf his red hair and a mustache. His clothing is stained with various foods and beverages. He says to Jayel "We offer a wide selection of evlen wines. Cheapest is Grey Leaf, that's 8 gold a bottle. Then we got Silver Arrow, a little more expensive but for 13 gold a bottle it's worth it. We also sell Red Oyster, Bronze Totem, and Quick Hare for 16 gold, 23 gold, and 31 gold respectively. We also see many other blends so if you don't like those choices, just tell me what you want and I'll see it we have it.
"As for the dragon, 25 minimum and that's without any of the seasoning and spices. We cook it as per order of the costumer so how would you like that...er, up." He says mocking you.

aivanther
2010-08-01, 01:51 PM
"The Silver Arrow would be a good one to wash to road dust down. And how about having the steak made in whatever manner the cook wishes to show me that his kitchen, as opposed to the others, is above and beyond." He seems to be speaking slowly with much thought, starting to sweat slightly. Come on whoever is supposed to meet me, and let me stop this stupid game.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 01:56 PM
The bartender turns around and produces a bottle of wine and drinking goblet. The bartender says it'll be about a half hour before the dragon meat it ready. He gives you an odd look as you speak. No one approaches you yet about any job.

zagan
2010-08-01, 02:25 PM
Aser hesitate a little upon entering the tavern upon seeing all the various race present but continue on. He still wasn't sure what he could ask to eat seeing that doesn't need to. He wait for the human to be served, thinking on what to say to follow the instruction given, before approching the bartender, "Hello, I want to try eating for once what do you have to propose and how much it's worth ?"

OOC:

Not sure on my turn of phrase but english isn't my first language and trying to end it with a preposition wasn't easy.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Iun
2010-08-01, 02:27 PM
Having arrived together with Jayel, Atė sits down at the same table, watching the patrons while Jayel is ordering, and adds a simple "Same for me; into," pronouncing the last word in a sing-song tone and clearly apart from the rest, grinning at the bartender's likely reaction.

Once the order is placed, she watches the card players for a moment, before she strikes up a conversation with Jayel.
"I hope this turns out to be better than the last offer; between. Still don't know why I even decided to tag along with you after that last one turned out to be a fraud; underneath. Oh well, at least you turned out to be a better traveling companion than you look; notwithstanding," Atė winks at Jayel - apparently she greatly enjoys adding random prepositions to perfectly fine sentences, pronouncing each of them in outlandish ways - before she continues. "But I suppose there's nothing bad about a free meal of this kind; amidst. Do you think the two minotaurs are also here for the job, or are they employed here; athwart?"

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 02:41 PM
The bartender lists the various foods and beverages at his inn. He rattles a long list of evlen and dwarven ale and meat ranging from pig and cow to dragon and hydra. The prices are somewhat expensive for some of the more exotic drinks and platters.

The bartender also gives Atė a bottle of Silver Arrow along with drink goblet and says the dragon will be ready in a half hour.

zagan
2010-08-01, 02:56 PM
Aser ask for a variety of thing totalling at exactly 30gp, "Thank you, Here's 30gp you for."
After that he goes at a table not far from the monk.

OOC:
Ending a phrase with a proposition os really hard. Aser won't talk anymore.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 03:08 PM
The bartender brings Aser a bottle of Silver Arrow wine and places an order of two kracken tentacles which will be ready in 10 minutes. The total is exactly 30 gold.

Debatra
2010-08-01, 03:48 PM
List of some Prepositions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_prepositions)

Spot: [roll0]
Listen(Taking 10): 12
Sleight of Hand to hide my Rapier(also taking 10): Either 17 or 19

If the cloak that comes with an Explorer's Outfit is good enough for the +2 bonus to conceal things, the check is 19.

This is going to be fun...

Adeak goes up to the bar, and after getting the bartender's attention asks, "So what's the Hydra steak around here priced at? Also, a bottle of Silver Arrow sounds good alongside."

aivanther
2010-08-01, 05:05 PM
Looking at Ate, Jayel shakes his head and says, "You make it seem so easy, uh, around. The minotaurs look like they are for throwing drunks out. Hey that one was easy...to speak out. Ah...I say if we don't find a real job we start throwing expensive pieces of food at the monks until a fight breaks out or we get kicked out of here."

Debatra
2010-08-01, 05:37 PM
Hearing the conversation behind him, Adeak glances over and sees the Human and Halfling. Grinning at the force behind the Human's phrasework, he goes over to them.

Winking at them, he asked, "Don't you mean 'until you get kicked out'?"

aivanther
2010-08-01, 05:54 PM
"Hey, here is a preop...hey...you meeting the guy for a job offer hear..this place in?" Jayel, again stumbling over the awkward wording requirement. Very quietly to Ate he says, "I bet the person who's hiring us is a sick bastard listening to us just to get his jollies listening to us give off awkward phrases, so his up."

Debatra
2010-08-01, 06:39 PM
"I can't wait to see this guy vis-ą-vis. Be with you in a moment; the barkeep's back in."

He went back to the bar, hoping he wouldn't have to repeat his questions.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 06:48 PM
Adeak, the bartender hands you a bottle of Silver Arrow. He then asks how you would like the hyrda cooked. returning to your new acquaintances, a man in a red cloak blonde hair and goatee approaches you and say "It sure is a nice day today up, down, behind over. And how are we enjoying our meal next to, in between, side-to-side?"

Debatra
2010-08-01, 07:28 PM
"Hold up. I asked you what it's priced at."

OOC:
I may be being reimbursed, but I can't spend what I don't have to begin with... Damn you! You've got me doing it in the OOC!

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 07:29 PM
"Hold up. I asked you what it's priced at."

OOC:
I may be being reimbursed, but I can't spend what I don't have to begin with... Damn you! You've got me doing it in the OOC!

It's 30 even.

Debatra
2010-08-01, 08:00 PM
"Medium." He hands over the gold and goes back to the table, and the newcomer. "So, are you here looking for a job, or to offer on[sic]?"

aivanther
2010-08-01, 08:28 PM
"So are you the sick bastard with such a humor that is so low and below?" Jayel says, a little annoyance creeping into his voice as he attempts to still juggle the prepositions.

Aaluran
2010-08-01, 10:40 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: Take 10 - 16

As Aldrian enters the inn. he takes a good look around and listens carefully for a minute. Despite the impressive variety of people, the ridiculous speech patterns of his prospective employer and teammates are not hard to find. He goes over to the table, stopping the bartender along the way to say:
"I'll have the hydra steak, I hear it's rather good, considering. And a bottle of elven wine, nothing too fancy, dry, if at all possible herein."

As he approaches the table, he addresses the man in the red cloak. "Indeed it is a nice day today "up, down, behind, over". And now that absolutely everyone in this inn knows we are here for the same reason and have a meeting with a person of very bad sense of humor (and secrecy), can we get this over with?"

Iun
2010-08-02, 04:07 AM
Atė listens to the weird exchange of words while stealing a glance at a few of the more handsome patrons until Aldrian comes straight to the point.

"Pooh, I still had some good ones left. But now you've spoiled the fun I have to agree, let's get down to business."

Sitting up straight, Atė smiles at the man in red.

"Or shall we have dinner first? I keep wondering what dragon tastes like."

Diplomacy roll for the beginning conversation (if we'll even be talking long enough): [roll0]

Aaluran
2010-08-02, 05:05 AM
"Sorry about that. I just have a severe allergy to foolishness. Not to mention eyestabbing conspicuousness, and I believe our good innkeeper will not soon forget us," Aldrian says as he pulls a chair and sits down with the others. "My name is Aldrian Thule, by the way, nice to meet all of you."

Iun
2010-08-02, 05:12 AM
"Atė Nightshade, at your service."

The pretty halfling stands up on her chair and does a curtsy before sitting down again.

"And from what you've just said I think we will have a lot of fun together," she adds with her usual mischievous grin.

zagan
2010-08-02, 06:16 AM
Seeing that some of the other have arrived Aser decid to speak,
"I suppose that we can do away with these pretense, about. I'm also here for the job, after. It's a pleasure to met you in."

Debatra
2010-08-02, 06:32 AM
"Adeak Fallin, interested in the job and also tired of this stupidity."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-02, 01:51 PM
The bartender hands Aaluran a bottle of Grey Leaf wine. He tells you that the hydra will ready in fifteen minutes. The total is 32 gold. You then sit down at this table filled with other also ending all their phrases in prepositions.

The man in the red cloak introduces himself. "My name is Samuel Winburg. It's a pleasure to meet you all. As I said in my add, I'll cover your meal. Just bring me the bill, and I'll pay the bartender for you.
But now, I wish to discuss the business for which I called you here today. I should warn you that this is no easy undertaking and will involve days and miles of travel and espionage into Vuldrake.* If any of you feel hesitant about now following this all the way through, please speak up now."

*Vuldrake is an orc/goblin city located to the north on a mountain and is heavy guard by patrols scooting the peak.

Iun
2010-08-02, 02:10 PM
Atė groans exasperatedly.

"Not more traveling, my poor feet; and orcs smell bad," she complains and demonstratively rubs her bare feet; suddenly stopping she adds in a business-like voice, "so let's talk price."

Aaluran
2010-08-02, 02:15 PM
"If I may interrupt, I'd rather hear exactly what we're asked to stick our noses into, before I decide what compensation would be adequate for it. "Espionage" has a rather too political ring to it for me. I hope I'm wrong in that regard."

OOC:It's Aldrian, not Aaluran. The bartender doesn't hand me wine, 'cause I'm at work and that would be wrong.:smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2010-08-02, 02:28 PM
Samuel says to Aldrian "It's not something political, more a rescue mission. It seems some many months ago my sister went missing. I've been search for fifteen months now to find my lost kin and through extensive work I located her kidnappers, and they revealed to me that she was sold to a brothel in Vuldrake.
"I need a band of trained adventurers to help me enter the city, locate my sister, and sneak her out all unnoticed."

Debatra
2010-08-02, 02:45 PM
"While I'd also like to hear more, I'll have you know that I am highly skilled at infiltration. I also happen to be fluent in both the Goblin and Orc tongues." Adeak drinks some of his wine, eyeing the man. "I'd appreciate enough up-front payment to cover a Disquise Kit."

zagan
2010-08-02, 02:54 PM
Aser nod is head, "Infiltration is not my specility but I'm adaptable and rescuing someone is always a worthy goal. Still I like to hear as much as possible about the situation before giving you a definitive yes."

Aaluran
2010-08-02, 03:05 PM
Aldrian smiles. "I'm very glad. Now, "help me" would suggest that you will be coming with us?"

Iun
2010-08-02, 03:15 PM
Atė pours herself some wine, and while she savors the taste she watches the dwarves dance. Soon she is rhythmically tapping her free hand on the table and humming along to the tune; apparently she isn't paying attention to the conversation which is on the verge of becoming lengthy.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-02, 04:10 PM
"This job will be easier than you think. I've learned of a secret entrance into the city. We'll bypass the armed guard stations covering the mountain, but the scoundrels we pass in the secret entrance may be worst in terms of cruelty. We may have to bribe them if we wish to avoid combat. We should be able to enter the city undetected which will be good as the local authorities are extremely prejudice of non-orcs and goblins.
"As for pay, I can offer 4,000 gold as payment. It's in a bank in Loftdon.* After the job is completed, you'll have to accompany me there for me to withdraw it. I have a little over 1,500 now to serve as traveling expenses."

*Loftdon is a city to the south east.

Aaluran
2010-08-02, 04:40 PM
"That secret entrance would solve a lot of potential problems. And whatever "scoundrels" guard it, they have one major disadvantage to the guards - no authority. Getting into a fight with them will be a lot less unfortunate.

We may need a place to lay low after we rescue your sister, however, have you thought of that? Brothels are almost always well defended, and any mistake there will cause quite a commotion."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-02, 05:53 PM
"We'll have to leave the city pretty much right after you've got her. I won't be able to follow you inside. My sister will notice me and that may set off the guards inside. Rumor is, if there's any connection between the girls in the brothel and those appear to be interested in the girls they beat you over pretty well. A lot of those girls are slaves and any outside connection would probably mean someone's there to rescue them. You'll have to find her yourselves. I'll describe her to you.
"As for our escape, I might be able to cause a distraction. We'll have to rush to where ever the entrance is. When we enter the city, we'll have more info on that and be able to plan better. Don't worry, once we're out of the tunnel and in Maosp*, we shouldn't get any trouble from orcs or goblins."

*Maosp is the country you're currently in. Vuldrake is sovereign territory.

aivanther
2010-08-02, 06:16 PM
Jayel shakes his head, "Bribe or threats, the thugs are not my chief concern. Slave owners, especially those of brothels tend to guard their treasures zealously. It'll be hard to get her out. They won't let us go in armed, they won't let us walk out of her, and I guarantee every place will be guarded. I'd say just cut them up and leave, they're dirty slavers, but that'll just get the whole city against us."

He pauses for a moment then raises his hand, letting some eldritch energy spill out over his fingers. "On the otherhand, if we can get into see her, Ate and I don't have to be armed to be dangerous. Provided your distraction is enough, we could conceivably fight our way out."

Then he lowers his hand, shrugs and says, "Or we could simply purchase her back."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-02, 06:24 PM
"I'm not sure buying her back is an option. Not to mention, I'm not sure what the cost would be."

Aaluran
2010-08-02, 06:36 PM
"Indeed, I would expect such a purchase to be outside even our good master Winburg's budget."

"And you can be comfortable in the knowledge that you apparently have three individuals, myself included, whose particular talents require no weapons to be effective." Aldrian gives Jayel a considering look. "In fact, I believe I am sufficiently interested in your offer to accept it."

"As to the brothel itself, I believe our problems would be greatly alleviated with a little scouting beforehand. Pick an apropriate exit and place whoever needs sharp pieces of metal to work his talents there to act as backup, as we get her out. But those are details to be discussed on site."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-02, 06:42 PM
"Good point," Samuel says to Aldrian. "So, have I convinced you all to join my cause?"

aivanther
2010-08-02, 06:45 PM
Jayel shrugs, takes a sip of the wine, and looks at Ate inquiringly, apparently wanting to take her lead.

Debatra
2010-08-02, 09:48 PM
"I'm in. You can forget the Disquise Kit since it's not the right job, and I must insist on being in the scouting party. Before we leave, I think it best that we familiarize ourselves with each others' skills."

Another drink of wine.

"As mentioned, I'm a skilled infiltrator and I speak Goblin and Orc. Also, I'm equally proficient with lethal and nonlethal combat techniques.

Two things-

1. Sense Motive: [roll0]

2. Dr.Epic, you never clarified whether my cloak was good enough for the Sleight of Hand Bonus.

Iun
2010-08-03, 03:58 AM
Atė looks back at Jayel."Whatever you like, just make sure we don't walk away empty-handed if there's nobody left to rescue."
Turning to Adeak, the woman continues, "I can enter about anywhere without being seen or heard, but I doubt that particular skill set will be of much use here." She puts her empty goblet down to refill it before she adds, "I should probably also mention that I'm not a fighter; I won't stand around being stabbed, and if things start going badly I won't be around to see how badly they're going."
After refilling her goblet, the young halfling turns back to the music.

Aaluran
2010-08-03, 04:03 AM
Aldrian sits back and pours himself some wine. "Of less direct usefulness to this particular assignment, I am a protector of nature, a druid. Of more direct usefulness, my... other talents will come in handy should we ever find ourselves in combat. Like I said, I am not easily disarmed of my true weapons."

"While staying unseen is not one of my strongest talents, finding people who'd like to stay unseen, and tracking them, is."

OOC:Debatra reminds me - I called a Sense Motive on Winburg about the job offering and got a 25 (the roll is in the OOC thread and says 26, I mistyped the bonus). You never did tell me if Aldrian felt like the guy was fibbing.

zagan
2010-08-03, 06:27 AM
"Well I don't need weapon, I'm always armed and I'm fair warrior. I posses some amount of versatility but I need time to prepare in advance for each situation. The only problem is that I might be out of place in a brothel and social situation aren't my thing."

aivanther
2010-08-03, 07:37 AM
Jayel shrugs and says simply, "I'm a warrior of magic." He takes another drink of his wine. "So, Ate's right, we getting paid if this goes south?"

Debatra
2010-08-03, 08:19 AM
"I'm fine with the terms as-is, but I still want paid if, as Jayal puts it, this goes south."

Search: [roll0]
To see if anyone here(aside from us, of course) might have full pockets. :smallamused:

Dr.Epic
2010-08-03, 12:47 PM
Search: [roll0]
To see if anyone here(aside from us, of course) might have full pockets. :smallamused:

In a tavern, yeah, there are a lot of people with "full pockets." It's like asking "I want to make a search check to see if anyone is wearing shoes." Is there a type of person you're looking for so I could narrow it down and maybe help you out.

OOC:Debatra reminds me - I called a Sense Motive on Winburg about the job offering and got a 25 (the roll is in the OOC thread and says 26, I mistyped the bonus). You never did tell me if Aldrian felt like the guy was fibbing.

He hasn't lied to you yet and he's not hiding anything.

Two things-

1. Sense Motive: [roll0]

2. Dr.Epic, you never clarified whether my cloak was good enough for the Sleight of Hand Bonus.

Samuel isn't lying or covering the truth; your rapier is hidden.

"Good, I can see I'm dealing with professionals here. As for myself, I'm not more than a woodsman. I can track and am good with a sword (he motions to his long sword sheathed and a few daggers at his belt) but other that that I'm not good for a whole lot."

Aaluran
2010-08-03, 03:53 PM
Aldrian, sits up, incredulous. "I'm sorry, a woodsman? With 5500 gold to spare? You'll forgive me if I find this hard to believe."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-03, 03:56 PM
"I've sold my home and a lot of items I've found on my quest to find my sister all in hopes of raising enough money to hire a team to rescue her," Samuel says to Aldrian.

Aaluran
2010-08-03, 04:39 PM
"You... are quite a remarkable man, master Winburg," says Aldrian.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-03, 04:53 PM
"You... are quite a remarkable man, master Winburg," says Aldrian.

sense motive: [roll0]

The ellipsis implies something your character was think and Samuel is trying to detect that.

Aaluran
2010-08-03, 05:57 PM
OOC:Well, Aldrian isn't actively trying to hide anything, though he is a man who typically keeps his thoughts to himself. So I guess standard Sense Motive DCs apply. I don't think 10 is enough. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-03, 06:10 PM
OOC:Well, Aldrian isn't actively trying to hide anything, though he is a man who typically keeps his thoughts to himself. So I guess standard Sense Motive DCs apply. I don't think 10 is enough. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, what was he thinking? I'm just wondering. If it's something minor or major I'll know what to set the DC at. I'm just wondering so I can know how Samuel will respond to it.

Aaluran
2010-08-03, 06:18 PM
Well, what was he thinking? I'm just wondering. If it's something minor or major I'll know what to set the DC at. I'm just wondering so I can know how Samuel will respond to it.
See, that's how you should have worded it. :smallsmile:

Aldrian is impressed with Samuel's dedication in throwing so much resources (including his home) into this quest. He (Aldrian) has been alone and on the run for a decade, so he's not used to people ready to do anything to help each other, kin or not. He has also added this to the mental list of things that don't quite add up perfectly, like knowing of a secret entrance of the type typically known only by the criminal elements (I'm going to get to that, too, at some point).

EDIT: As you can see he is not only suspicious, but also meticulous in his suspicions.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-03, 06:46 PM
Samuel says to Aldrian "I will spare no expense to rescue my sister from that hell."

Debatra
2010-08-04, 12:31 AM
In a tavern, yeah, there are a lot of people with "full pockets." It's like asking "I want to make a search check to see if anyone is wearing shoes." Is there a type of person you're looking for so I could narrow it down and maybe help you out.

Let's say someone particularly drunk and/or distracted. Preferably both.

Samuel isn't lying or covering the truth; your rapier is hidden.

That doesn't answer my question. Look at this:

An extraordinarily small object, such as a coin, shuriken, or ring, grants you a +4 bonus on your Sleight of Hand check to conceal it, and heavy or baggy clothing (such as a cloak) grants you a +2 bonus on the check.

I have an Explorer's Outfit, which has a cloak. I'm asking if the E'sO cloak is good enough for the +2 bonus.

Also, detecting surface thoughts is a DC100 Sense Motive check. No, that's not a typo. One hundred.

Aaluran
2010-08-04, 04:05 AM
We should get an OOC thread for these things, or use the previous one. Anyway.

Also, detecting surface thoughts is a DC100 Sense Motive check. No, that's not a typo. One hundred.I believe he was going for a general sort of idea, like a hunch. I don't think he was trying to read my mind.

zagan
2010-08-04, 06:52 AM
"Well everything seem to be clear to me. I'm ready to depart as soon as you say the word."

Iun
2010-08-04, 02:09 PM
OOC:
I think we're still waiting for an answer to the payment-in-failure question. Teatr Atė as distracted by the song and dance until the discussion is completely over.

aivanther
2010-08-04, 04:54 PM
Jayel says, "So what's the renumeration if we fail? I don't think you've mentioned that yet."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-04, 05:56 PM
Samuel says "We'll leave mostly likely tomorrow if you are all in. The rest of today will be spent buying any supplies we might need. Just keep in mind the budget. As for payment, the money I have in the bank, I'm the only one who can withdraw it, and I will not back away from this quest until my sister is recovered. So, as you can imagine, if you want part of the 4,000, we will have to succeed."

Let's say someone particularly drunk and/or distracted. Preferably both.

A few people in the back look tipsy with large pouches.

I have an Explorer's Outfit, which has a cloak. I'm asking if the E'sO cloak is good enough for the +2 bonus.

Yeah you get the bonus.

aivanther
2010-08-04, 06:16 PM
"So...if anything happens and your or your sister die, we get nothing?" Jayel looks a little skeptical, glances at Ate and then says, "Don't get me wrong, I want to help your sister. What they're doing is wrong, and deserves to be punished. But no payment for even trying? That's a lot to risk your life on."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-04, 06:23 PM
"I have the 1,500 on me now. It goes to expenses to help motivate you. If there's something you need - a shiny new sword or spell to copy in you spellbook - I can pay for it. Not to mention I'm covering this meal. Surely you can you can wait for some reward and take a risk," Samuel says to Jayel.

aivanther
2010-08-04, 06:26 PM
Jayel shakes his head and holds up his hands, "I'm not saying I want the full amount for failure, or even up front. I am asking if we get anything for service rendered if we don't succeed."

Debatra
2010-08-04, 07:06 PM
"I'm satisfied with these terms. As for payment on failure, I frankly don't care either way. If you'll excuse me for a moment."

He goes to the back with the aforementioned drunks and picks some pockets.

Sleight of Hand: [roll0]
Sleight of Hand 2: [roll1]

Aaluran
2010-08-04, 07:36 PM
"Assuming we won't need to buy a castle along the way, 1500 gold should be plenty to both prepare ourselves for the matter at hand, and have enough left to split between us and still get a hefty sum, should the worst happen. And if I may be so frank, if any of you care that much, you can even loot it from master Windurg's corpse if he winds up dead. Doesn't get more sure than that."

Debatra
2010-08-04, 07:51 PM
It just occured to me. What are the rules on intoxicaton?

aivanther
2010-08-04, 07:53 PM
Jayel shrugs and says, "1500 in preparatory equipment and as compensation sounds find with me." Jayel again glances at Ate.

Iun
2010-08-05, 04:52 AM
Atė lets out a laugh. "I don't want to be paid if I screw up, I want to be paid at least in part if it turns out your sister is dead even before we get to her; something that seems to be rather probable, considering where she is being held."

After refilling her goblet, she adds, "the 1500 I would mostly spend on invisibility potions if we can get our hands on them."

zagan
2010-08-05, 06:29 AM
Aser listen to the discussion with interest, while money wasn't is priority it was useful and it was interesting seeing the interest the other have in it.
"I don't need anything at the moment."

Aaluran
2010-08-05, 07:28 AM
"And unless someone here is a lot more religious than it seems, some scrolls of healing would not be remiss," says Aldrian.

OOC: I'm talking Cure Light Wounds.

How hard is it to find psionic items in your world (for sale, I mean), Dr. Epic? I can't think of anything at the moment, but it's good to know.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-05, 03:37 PM
"Excellent! We'll head out tomorrow like I said first thing. I want to leave around dawn. It's a two day walk to Ishmire.* After that, we'll enter the Grifbank Woods. The secret entrance will take us two days to reach in the forest. Sounds good then?"

*Ishmire: smaller city to the north.

[color=firebrick]He goes to the back with the aforementioned drunks and picks some pockets.

Sleight of Hand: [roll0]
Sleight of Hand 2: [roll1]

You gain [roll0] gold.

Spot checks to see if anyone sees you (I'm doing multiple to represent the guy your taking loot from and random patrons of the tavern):

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[COLOR="Green"]OOC: I'm talking Cure Light Wounds.

How hard is it to find psionic items in your world (for sale, I mean), Dr. Epic? I can't think of anything at the moment, but it's good to know.

They're kind of rare in comparison to other magic shops. There might be one shop per village assuming your in a large city.

zagan
2010-08-05, 04:35 PM
Aser nod at that, "Very well. I'll be there. I wish you all a good night." With those word he stand up and exit the tavern. He will go back to the monastery for the night where he will spend the night doing core for the monk as thanks for the help they provide him while in town.

aivanther
2010-08-05, 04:43 PM
After finishes his meal, Jayel stands up and stretches, nods, and looks around the place. He glances at Ate and says, "Should we get a room, or do you want to..." he trails off and gestures towards the crowded common room.

Aaluran
2010-08-05, 05:04 PM
"Excuse me, but is anyone actually going to discuss specific equipment," Aldrian says, "and maybe quantities? Perhaps go and buy something? I would rather be prepared before we set out."

"For example, we're looking at three possible violent conflicts - one at master Winburg's secret entrance on the way in, one at the brothel, and one at the entrance (exit, then, I suppose) on the way out. Ten scrolls of Cure Light wounds should be plenty, unless everyone is planning to get injured every time. And the invisibility potions are a great idea, but how many will we need?"

Dr.Epic
2010-08-05, 06:01 PM
Aser travels several blocks before arriving at the large steps to the local monastery.

"I'd be more than happy to pay for a room for everyone here," Samuel says to Jayel. "Just bring me the bill to your meals. As for your scrolls Aldrian, keep in mind the budget. Can we really afford 10 for less than 1,500? Keep in mind we might have to bribe a few people once we get into the entrance and maybe even a few people inside the city. Not to mention the orcs at the brothel will probably want to see some form of money if you are to enter it."

Aaluran
2010-08-05, 06:26 PM
OOC: 10 Cure Light Wounds (1st level) scrolls should be 250 gp total. See at the bottom. First table on the right. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/scrolls.htm)

That's less than a single invisibility potion. A decent chunk of money, yes, but not that much. Or are we using a different economy here?

Dr.Epic
2010-08-05, 06:31 PM
OOC: 10 Cure Light Wounds (1st level) scrolls should be 250 gp total. See at the bottom. First table on the right. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/scrolls.htm)

That's less than a single invisibility potion. A decent chunk of money, yes, but not that much. Or are we using a different economy here?

ooc: The character said that, not me. They might not be familiar with scroll prices.

Aaluran
2010-08-05, 06:35 PM
OOC: Oh, OK then.

Aldrian raises an eyebrow. "While I rarely have use for scrolls and never in such quantities, I'm confident we will be able to procure them for no more than 300 gold pieces, considering it is a fairly common spell. Probably even less."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-05, 06:41 PM
"Alright, but I'd like to be with you when you make the purchase to make sure what I'm paying for," Samuel says.

Aaluran
2010-08-05, 06:50 PM
Aldrian nods. "If you wish. Unless you can read divine writing, however, you'll have to trust the seller as to what exactly is on them."

aivanther
2010-08-05, 07:35 PM
Jayel glances over at Aldrian and says, "Or he's able to cast a read magic spell. There's more than one way to discern magic." Shrugging as if it really didn't matter anyway, Jayel says, "Well, I'm bored. See you guys later."

With that he walks up to the orcs and goblins and says, "Mind if I watch the game? I've never seen that particular game, how do you play?"

Debatra
2010-08-05, 07:38 PM
Two questions:

Are we using any of the Giant's spells/metamagic/etc?

If we are, what's the price for a Scroll of Banality (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/LQrUU7ApBttgaXkOzts.html)?

Debatra
2010-08-05, 07:40 PM
Adeak goes over with Jayel, also interested in the game.

Aaluran
2010-08-05, 07:50 PM
"You are right, though if he had some kind of access to spells, I'd expect he would know scroll prices," Aldrian say to Jayel.

Aldrian looks around the table. "This party's attention to detail and preparedness is simply astounding. We'll be lucky to get to the brothel alive," he grumbles.

"Anyway, I believe this discussion is complete. Good day to you all. Master Winburg, when you have settled our bill here (I'll also be staying here), let us proceed to a magic shop or temple and attempt to gather the scrolls."

OOC: If he allows it, it's a 5th level spell - that's 1125gp minimum.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-05, 08:36 PM
Adeak and Jayel goes to a table filled with orcs and golbins. The table is covered with martial weapons and coins. Likewise, the orcs and goblins all wear armor. Most just have on simple protectives: leather, chainmail, hide. Two guys have on full plate. They stare at you and say "We play money game. Money game simple. Whoever has most points wins. If you have jack, everyone else lose one point. Queen lady can seduce jack negating and adds 2 points. King guy adds 4 points. Ace type card either adds 4 points to you or subtracts 6 from someone else. Number cards dumb so you subtract them from your score."

Aldrian and Samuel leave the bar. Samuel first looks over everyone's bill and drops about 140 gold (you each order something around 30 gp and he's supplying tip) on the table which is shortly after collected by a waitress.
You two make you way down the street searching for a magic shop. The first shop you stumble upon is called Vibring's Magic Emporium. The shop contain shelves of magic tombs and scrolls as well as inks, pens, and other trinket that may be magical. An old man with a mustache stands behind the counter and says "Greetings! I am Michello Vibring and this is my shop. What may you be looking for today?"

Two questions:

Are we using any of the Giant's spells/metamagic/etc?

If we are, what's the price for a Scroll of Banality (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/LQrUU7ApBttgaXkOzts.html)?

We're not doing that stuff.

aivanther
2010-08-05, 09:45 PM
Jayel says, "Really, hmmm...how much does it take to play, and can I deal in?" He pulls out 10 golds and takes a seat if ones available, or made available.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-05, 09:47 PM
Jayel sits down between an orc and a goblin. The orc gives you a nasty look and the goblin sniffs you. The orc that explained the rules says "It's 10 gold a hand."

Debatra
2010-08-05, 09:59 PM
Can Totemists, Swordsages, Warlocks and/or Psions use arcane scrolls?

Debatra
2010-08-05, 10:24 PM
I have a plan, and I'd like to pretend I told everyone and got their reactions before we parted since I didn't get a chance to post it before. If we do it right, they'll never know we were there.

I went over the sheets, and Ate has both the highest Bluff check and the second-highest Disguise check. Pick up a Masterwork Tool for Use Magic Device(unless Warlocks can use arcane scrolls)(50gp), a Disguise Kit(50gp) and some Scrolls of Disguise Self(25gp)(Extended Disguise Self if possible; I'm unsure about that price). I'll Aid him with UMD and Disguise. He goes to where she's held, bluffs the guards about their chief wanting her for some reason, and gets her out of there. We do it right, they'll never know we were there.

Also, Adeak's in the card game.

Iun
2010-08-06, 02:13 AM
After finishes his meal, Jayel stands up and stretches, nods, and looks around the place. He glances at Ate and says, "Should we get a room, or do you want to..." he trails off and gestures towards the crowded common room.

"If you keep making passes at me I might just take you up on it, and I really don't know if you can handle me," Atė smiles at Jayel and winks. "But I think I prefer sleeping outside, and I've something to ask Aldrian before I turn in. Later, and don't let yourself get robbed blind!"

"You are right, though if he had some kind of access to spells, I'd expect he would know scroll prices," Aldrian say to Jayel.

Aldrian looks around the table. "This party's attention to detail and preparedness is simply astounding. We'll be lucky to get to the brothel alive," he grumbles.

"Anyway, I believe this discussion is complete. Good day to you all. Master Winburg, when you have settled our bill here (I'll also be staying here), let us proceed to a magic shop or temple and attempt to gather the scrolls."

"I think I'll come along, if you don't mind."
---

On the way to the shop Atė sizes Aldrian up for a while before she asks her question: "You said you are a druid, and from your stuffiness I have no reason to doubt that; do you know the area well?"

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 06:20 AM
OOC:

PlanAll that sheet reviewing and you didn't manage to get that Atė is female. :smalltongue:

But seriously, I don't get where the guards and chief come from. She's in a brothel in the middle of a city. We may look for where she is when she isn't with a client and try to bluff our way in and out, but I'm not sure if that'll work.

EDIT: Extended Disguise self would be 150 gp, at least.

"You mean the area around this city?" Aldrian asks Atė.

Iun
2010-08-06, 06:51 AM
OOC:
The chief would be the far-fetched excuse where we would take her. But we could disguise me, let me get a room with her, slip her an invisibility potion and get her out. And then, we run; someone might need to carry me. :smalltongue:.

edit: Might need to give me a crash course in goblin and/or orc, though.

"Yup, looking for a place to sleep, and I prefer trees to stone ceilings. Thought you might know a nice location."

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 07:00 AM
We just walk out of the room, with the sister missing, and they let us out. What kind of brothels do you guys visit? :smalltongue:

"There was a decent copse I camped at the night before I got here. It lies just south of the eastern road, comfortable enough, and its unlikely anyone will notice you. But it's an hour's walk from the city. You'd have to get up pretty early to make it here in time."

"Oh, and if you go there and see a big wolf, don't mind her. She won't harm you"

I'm just making stuff up at this point, Dr. Epic, I hope you don't mind.

Iun
2010-08-06, 07:15 AM
OOC: That's where the insane +13 bluff mod and the running comes in. And it would be only me who would even enter the brothel. I think it's a relatively solid plan.

"Hmm, thanks, I guess."

Atė is silent for a moment before she suddenly curses out loud.
"I almost forgot, my exclusive meal is waiting and I'm starving. If you'll excuse me..."

The woman turns around and speeds back towards the inn, where she'll begin to devour her dragon meat.

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 07:49 AM
OOC: OK, if that's what you want. I'm still buying some CLW's, though, as I believe we will be smacked bad at some point. what with the "and then we run" part. I was thinking of casting Obscuring Mist anyway to cover our escape, so that works even better now. So I'll get 8 CLW's, an Obscuring Mist (and I'll be able to cast a second one myself), and, what, a single Disguise Se for Ate? Will we make it in 10 minutes or should we spring for the extended version lf (or one scribed by a 2nd level caster, it's the same)?

Iun
2010-08-06, 07:59 AM
ooc: My umd modifier is only +3, so we should probably go with mundane disguises only (unless we have enough gp to waste on a few disguise self scrolls and just hope one will work), maybe buy a disguise kit.

aivanther
2010-08-06, 08:10 AM
Jayel shakes his head and blushes at Ate's remark. "No, I meant...uh, since we...er...travelled..." When she leaves he lets out a deep sigh.

Turning towards the game, he puts down his 10 gold pieces and says, "Sounds like fun. I'm in."

ooc: I have a +4 in UMD.

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 08:30 AM
OOC: @avianther Yes, but Iun's character has the highest Bluff, and we' re going to need every bonus we can get there. Also, you can't aid in a UMD and I'm not sure Epic will allow a masterwork UMD tool. Even then your chances are pretty low (DC 21). So I suggest we get a disguise kit and then Aid Another her check into the sky.

Wait, who exactly do we need to disguise Ate as?

zagan
2010-08-06, 08:33 AM
OOC:
I recommand we wait before doing any plan on how to rescue the sister. We're still nearly a week away from her location we don't know what could happen in that time.

aivanther
2010-08-06, 08:33 AM
OOC: @avianther Yes, but Iun's character has the highest Bluff, and we' re going to need every bonus we can get there. Also, you can't aid in a UMD and I'm not sure Epic will allow a masterwork UMD tool. Even then your chances are pretty low (DC 21). So I suggest we get a disguise kit and then Aid Another her check into the sky.

Wait, who exactly do we need to disguise Ate as?

Let's do this in the old ooc thread of Vamp's?

Iun
2010-08-06, 08:40 AM
OOC: Since we can't use any magic, I fear as a female goblin who wants a lesbian fling with a human slave...

And yes, maybe we should use the ooc thread.

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 09:27 AM
Arriving at the magic shop, Aldrian looks over the items on display for a moment, before addressing the shop keeper

"Good day, Master Vibring. We will need, let's see, an invisibility potion, 9 scrolls of Cure Light Wounds, divine, and a single scroll of Obscuring Mist, also divine.""

OOC: As an update, the only other thing we will need is a disguise kit, which I assume either can be bought by Samuel himself, or he could give the money to Ate to find a supplier. Am I right, Dr. Epic?

Dr.Epic
2010-08-06, 11:49 AM
Jayel and Adeak sit down to the card game. An orc deals out the cards.

ooc: I'll have to PM you guys you hand so there's no cheating. It'll be randomly determined so I won't be cheating.

Michello says to Aldrian "Yes, CLW, a common scroll. Should have plenty of those. Let's see, 33 gold a scroll. 9 scrolls...297 for that. An Invisibility Potion, I might have one or two, that'll cost around 350 gold. As for Obscuring Mist, that certainly is an obscure scroll to want (he chuckles lightly at his joke) I'll see if I have one."
Michello heads back into the back room. After a few minutes, he returns with a potion and several scrolls. "Well I was able to find everything. No let's see, adding all this up..." He pulls out an abacus and does calculations "...684 gold."

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 12:02 PM
Aldrian does the calculations in his head, then frowns. "That's 37 gold for the Obscuring mist. A lot, but I suppose I should have expected that. And 350 for the potion sounds good. But isn't 33 gold a bit much for such a common scroll as Cure Light Wounds? You must sell tons of those."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-06, 12:05 PM
Michello says "Well yeah I have lots of those, but I don't make them. Everyone wants them so I have to buy them from another party who in turn charges more so they can make a profit, and I have to sell them for even higher so I can make a profit. So you see why I have to charge 33 gold for each."

Iun
2010-08-06, 12:06 PM
Once she has finished her meal Atė lets out a satisfied burp and strokes her slightly bulging belly. After a few minutes of relaxation, she decides to join the dwarven musicians for a while; she unpacks and tunes her violin before she jumps on the dwarves' table and starts playing. From time to time she looks over towards Jayel, to make sure he isn't being cheated.

Perform:[roll0]
Spot checks spread over time:
1:[roll1]
2:[roll2]
3:[roll3]
4:[roll4]

Oh, well, shouldn't play right after eating, it seams.

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 12:13 PM
Aldrian smiles. "So a 30% markup on the usual, eh? Minus whatever they're skinning you for, of course. Fair enough, I suppose. Master Winburg, unless you object, I believe this is acceptable. We could also try and find a better deal, I suppose, but I don't know how much luck we'll have in that regard."

EDIT:@V And is very expensive, and Ate is female. Oh, and she'll be inside a building at the time. Don't see where you'll hide.

Debatra
2010-08-06, 02:25 PM
This is starting to get annoying. From now on, all OOC chat goes here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161212).

Dr.Epic
2010-08-06, 03:50 PM
Atė wanders over to the group of gnomes and dwarves partying. You start to play to join them, but the skill of the other musicians surpasses your own and everyone can notice that. They glare at you angrily and stop playing. The two dwarves on the table say "Excuse me, we are trying to celebrate our wedding at this establishment and your music is making that quite difficult. I kindly ask you cease playing and vacate our general area."

Samuel says to Aldrian "Well, just remember some of the resource may have to be used up if we are to surpass certain checkpoints. For what he's asking and the meal we'll only have about 700 gold left. Do we really need 9 scrolls? Couldn't we make do with less?" You notice Samuel was careful not to mention the orcs or Vuldrake in his speech meaning it's best not to alert others of their quest.

Aaluran
2010-08-06, 04:04 PM
"Very well, let's make it four," Aldrian says.

"That's 165 gold less, bringing our remaining total to 850. Just remember that this is our life insurance we're budgeting with. If we really need more than 800 gold to achieve our first checkpoint, I would doubt the feasibility of our method, as opposed to a more aggresive approach. Don't get me wrong, I'd very much like to avoid it, but this is a prohibitive sum."

aivanther
2010-08-06, 05:13 PM
Jayel looks at his cards and looks around the table, smiling and saying, "So, you guys come here much?"

ooc: PMs fine with me.

Iun
2010-08-07, 02:47 AM
Atė blushes bright red and apologizes profusely, then she looks for a quiet corner and makes herself comfortable - lying back, bare feet on the table - and just improvises, apparently lost in thought. She is still having an eye on the card players, though.

Bah, who could have known those guys actually are decent...
Perform (oh please give me a decent roll):[roll0]

more spot checks (use them as you see fit):
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

The dice gods are mocking me.... :smallfurious:

zagan
2010-08-07, 02:48 PM
While waiting for the morning to come Aser work quietly in the silence of the monastery, wondering about the mission and hopping it would go well.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-07, 04:53 PM
Samuel says to Aldrian "We have that invisibility potion and obscuring mist. I think we have enough of a distraction to avoid combat. Not to mention if we're careful we should be able to get past the entrance just fine."

The orcs say to Jayel "We all live on farm at edge of town. We work for my brother a great doctor. He has a PhD in chickens."
They deal Jayal and Adeak cards.

ooc: PMs fine with me.

ooc: I don't think dice rolls (the way I was planning to deal cards) works with PMs so I'll just do it on this thread:

2-10 represents the number
1 is an ace
11 is jack
12 is queen
13 is king
some rerolls may occur depending on dice rolls (such as five or more of one result)

Jayal's cards:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Adeak's cards:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Atė you begin playing again and this time it's not much better. People all around the bar stare at you telling you to stop playing.

Aaluran
2010-08-07, 05:18 PM
""Should" and "if" stitch no wounds, master Winburg. These are not for when everything goes right. In fact, they are, by their nature, for when things go very wrong."

"Further, if you die, we get absolutely nothing. And you'll forgive me, but while all of us can defend ourselves well enough, you'll be in the thick of it with us most of the time, and I'd like to see my reward."

"But fine, let's work modest. Four scrolls of CLW. That's only 9% of our total. There's not much point to a big budget if you can't spend even part of it to make sure you live through the day. What do you say?"

aivanther
2010-08-07, 05:22 PM
Jayel looks at his card, smiling slightly

So I have a 9, 5, 7, Jack and Queen

He looks up and says, "Oh, a PhD in chickens, eh? He must know a lot about them. I bet you're really proud of such a brother. So how does order of play go?"

Debatra
2010-08-07, 07:40 PM
Spot Check(any attempts at cheating, or any poorly hidden cards): [roll0]

Iun
2010-08-08, 03:23 AM
Atė you begin playing again and this time it's not much better. People all around the bar stare at you telling you to stop playing.

Should have probably said it explicitly but with "quiet corner" and "improvise" I didn't intend to play anywhere near loud enough to bother anyone. And a 10 is still a "routine performance" btw.

Debatra
2010-08-09, 09:13 PM
Should have probably said it explicitly but with "quiet corner" and "improvise" I didn't intend to play anywhere near loud enough to bother anyone. And a 10 is still a "routine performance" btw.

Normally yes, but you "Increase the DC by 2 for each previous failure".

Dr.Epic
2010-08-11, 07:33 PM
"You don't seem to understand," Samuel says. "We don't need to rely on arms when a bribe will do. I'm not sure what's in that tunnel, but if we're careful we may be able to get through it without any trouble."

"He knows lots about chickens," one of the orcs says to Jayel. "He makes them stronger. Order of play is we go around raising pot and see who folds, then we show cards."

Adeak doesn't see the cards of anyone else.

The orcs' and goblins' cards are...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]

[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

Still, a few people in the bar don't like Atė's playing and they'd like you to stop.

Aaluran
2010-08-11, 08:44 PM
Aldrian stares at Samuel for a moment, and then sighs.

"So be it. You hold the purse, you make the decisions. I just want it on record that I will hold you, personally, responsible if one of us ends up dead."

Aldrian turns to the shopkeeper with a exasperated expression.

"It would appear we will only be taking the potion and the scroll of Obscuring Mist, master Vibring."

Iun
2010-08-12, 03:48 AM
"Today just isn't my day, maybe it's the dragon meat..."

Atė packs her things and leaves for the spot Aldrian described to her earlier, stopping by Jayel on her way out:

"I'm off, see you tomorrow."

Dr.Epic
2010-08-13, 05:04 PM
Glaring at Aldrian, Samuel pays for the scrolls and potions.

ooc: Is there anything else left to do or can I fast forward to the next day? Do you guys still want the disguise kit?

aivanther
2010-08-15, 04:35 PM
Jayel proceeds to play

Game roll: [roll0]

Dr.Epic
2010-08-18, 03:50 AM
You all eventually retire for the evening and the next day you set out. You travel two days to reach Ishmire. You travel through wilderness, mostly planes and hills. The woods are still awhile away. Ishmire is a rural town. Many families either raise crops or cattle. There are a few blacksmiths. They make mostly tools and few weapons. There are a total of three magic shops in town and only one church: a large temple dedicated to the town's god.

aivanther
2010-08-18, 08:39 AM
Jayel shrugs and says, "I don't really need anything, you guys want to shop?"

Debatra
2010-08-18, 08:41 AM
OOC:
Hey aiv, we've got ourselves a little dueling club in the OOC thread. Wanna come (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161212&page=5)?