PDA

View Full Version : [Naruto D20] Agents of G.A.T.L.I.N.G IC

Turalisj
2010-08-01, 01:30 PM
In the year 2014, crime rates began to rise around the world at an unprecedent rate. This was helped along by the introduction of mutagenic drugs and the ease of purchasing black market cubernetic alterations. To combat this new threat of crime and terrorism, a special unit withing the United Nations was formed, composed of special operatives from across the globe. This unit is known as GATLING.

In downtown New York, at one of the nicer resturaunts, the three newest recruits into GATLING have been asked to meet their new commander within. Unfortunatly, he seems to be absent, for now. The resturaunt itself has a pleasent view of the Statue of Liberty, with lighting around it that is just bright enough to provide a pleasant glow.

ooc: feel free to post an entrance and post any rolls that you might need to make.

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-01, 10:08 PM
A handsome, well-dressed man sat in the corner of the restaurant, reading today's newspaper. His suit and shirt--both black and extremely well-pressed--seemed a bit too formal even in this fine establishment. Occasionally, he would reach up to turn a page, or adjust his white silk tie. Anyone who observed him carefully would have noted that there were several other places at the table; he must be expecting company. Anyone who observed him even more carefully would have noted that he was sitting such that he could see every entrance to the room, and that he spent more time looking about than he did reading the paper.

Antoine Rocancourt took another sip of his macchiato, sneaking a glance at his watch as he did so. Once he'd learned of the meeting place from his superiors at GATLING, he did what he always did: showed up several hours early to scope out the place. Years of making a living by deceiving people had trained Antoine to be cautious in his doings with anyone and everyone, and it was a habit that had never let him down. He didn't expect anyone would try to eavesdrop on their meeting or kill them... "... but there's no harm in keeping an eye out," he told himself, draining his cup.

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-01, 11:13 PM
SPOT!
[roll0]

Zerkai
2010-08-02, 05:42 PM
The front doors of the restaurant opened as a tall woman stepped inside, standing six feet tall with short blonde hair and brown eyes. The woman as wearing a chocolate brown newsboy cap on her head and a matching open faux suede men's vest over a white dress-shirt and black dress pants and dress shoes. The woman was Marie Lambert, a former private investigator and new GATLING recruit.

Marie removed her cap, taking a look around the restaurant until she saw Antoine in the corner of the restaurant, she was given a general description of the others recruits that would be at this meeting, otherwise there would be some confusion. "You are Monsieur Rocancourt, yes? I am Marie Lambert." She introduced herself after walking across the room to his table, extending her hand to him with a smile, speaking with a light French accent.

Might as well make a spot roll too.
Spot: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2010-08-02, 05:51 PM
Kris, had been watching from streets. He sat and watched the other two recruits enter the place. And after decided it wasn't trap, he entered. Walking calmly to the table, he introduced himself and took his seat.
Spot? Why not. [roll0]

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-02, 10:19 PM
Antoine looked up from the paper he had been pretending to be engrossed in. "Ah, so you are Mademoiselle Lambert! Enchanté," he replied, his own accent a bit heavier than hers. Taking the proffered hand, he gave it a light kiss; not the professional thing to do, but certainly the gentlemanly one when meeting a lovely young woman for the first time. He put on Charming Smile #4 with practiced ease as he did so. "Assiez-vous, s'il vous plait. (please, have a seat)" he continued, switching to their native tongue. "I must say that I'm looking forward to working with you. You wouldn't happen to know anything about the other members of our team, would you?"

At that exact moment, their table of two became a table of three. Antoine somewhat reluctantly switched back to English to greet Kris, the newcomer, and introduce himself.

OOC: for future reference, I will be using italics to denote all speech en Français.

Turalisj
2010-08-02, 10:36 PM
Keith and Zerkai

You see an aged man, about his late 40's, sitting directly across the returaunt from you. Across from him is a young woman who looks like she could be his daughter.

You also notice that several of the waiters and patrons have barely concealed batons on their person.

A waiter comes to the table, bowing slightly. I regret to say Mister Plamenov cannot make it tonight. He gives his deepest apologies. He has also said he will pay for the food and drink for tonight. The waiter had a pen and paper ready at his side for taking orders, and looked to be truly apologetic.

mrcarter11
2010-08-03, 12:23 AM
"Well, what do you recommend for dinner, waiter?"

Zerkai
2010-08-03, 09:15 AM
Marie blinked, a little surprised when Antoine kissed her hand, but smiled still, taking a seat next to him. "I'm looking forward to it as well. Though I'm afraid I was only informed of your appearances." She explained, glancing at Kris, nodding to him as she looked around the restaurant now as the waiter spoke.

"I'll need some time to decide what to order." Marie told him as she picked up a Menu, glancing through it. She noticed the batons the waiters and patrons carried, but would wait till the waiter had left to tell the others about it. people keeping a weapon on them for personal defense was fine, but the staff and customers carrying the same weapon was too suspicious.

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-03, 10:57 PM
"Likewise, Mademoiselle Lambert, but I suspect our motley crew was hand-picked to work well as an ensemble," Antoine replied, relaxing his expression into Subtle Smirk #2.

"Let's see..." Antoine tapped his chin thoughtfully. "I shall have the baked salmon and a glass of Château Olivier white. 1989, if you have it." A special occasion such as this deserved a good wine, no?

Looking about the restaurant, Antoine marshalled himself to maintain his debonair appearance. The evening promised to become much more interesting. He made a mental note to inform his companions--or rather his new colleagues--at an opportune moment.

Turalisj
2010-08-05, 11:36 AM
The waiter nodded. A fine choice sir, he turned to Kris, I would suggest the clam chowder, it is the chef's specialty this time of year.

mrcarter11
2010-08-06, 10:57 PM
"On second thought, I think I shall go without tonight, but thank you."

Turalisj
2010-08-11, 01:13 PM
Very well then. I will be right back with your wine good sir. And with that, and a bow, he left. A few minutes later he returned, holding a bottle of wine. Would there be anything else?

Across the restaurant, the old man had gotten up and went into the kitchen, the woman that he came with standing up to leave. The air in the room started to get tense, something was about to happen.

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-15, 07:39 PM
"No, we'll be quite alright." Antoine tried to keep Beat It Glare from seeping into his Polite Smile. He hoped he had the chance to at least taste the wine he'd as good as paid for before something broke out...

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-15, 11:13 PM
Fort save time!
[roll0]

Turalisj
2010-08-16, 12:27 AM
ooc: Take [roll0] damage. Initiative roll for everyone. Remember that your ar prohibited from discharging firearms while off duty without good cause.

The waiter just smiles, vanishing into the kitchen. As he does so, six people around the restaurant rise from where they and draw out their (poorly) concealed batons. They don't look too tough, but they don't look like your average thug either.

mrcarter11
2010-08-16, 12:30 AM
Dam, it is about time something happened.. No offense, I just like things to move a little faster..
Initiative [roll0]

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-16, 01:43 AM
Antoine coughed as he put the wineglass down. It would seem that a fine wine going unpoisoned was too much to hope for after all. Such an unrefined tactic... and they ruined a perfectly good bottle of Olivier.

He eyes the six baton-wielding customers as he speaks aside to his dinner comanions. "I suppose this saves me the trouble of telling the two of you, but something is very odd about this establishment. But at least now we have some pre-dinner entertainment." Antoine folds his hands, his face split in an eerie grin as the would-be assailants approach.

Initiative
[roll0]

Turalisj
2010-08-16, 01:56 AM
Ooc: sorry keyboard was going nuts. It's 1 dexterity damage.

Zerkai
2010-08-16, 05:08 AM
"You knew something was suspicious and you still drank what they gave you?" Marie asked Antoine with a raised brow as she set her menu down, her hands going into her pockets as she glanced at the six armed people, slipping on the pair of knuckle dusters in her pockets as she moved to stand.

Initiative: [roll0]

KeithIsTheMan
2010-08-16, 12:26 PM
Antoine donned Wounded Frown. "My dear, you make it sound as if I didn't think it through at all. The poorly-hidden weapons, attempting to poison me at the first opportunity they get, leaping to assault us the moment that old man leaves... these mark the total absence of professionalism. The fact that they ruined a good wine betrays their lack of sophistication," he sniffed. "Therefore, I will have no regrets at all about... oh, how did that expression go? mopping the floor with them."

He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "On second thought, perhaps we ought to find that old man instead."

Turalisj
2010-08-17, 09:51 PM
[roll0]
ooc: I'm just going to roll the thugs as a group, makes it easier to keep track.

The baton-wielding thugs nod to eachother, as the other occupants of the resturant draw closer. Some of them look at eachother nervously. Others stumble a bit trying to move chairs out of their way.