PDA

View Full Version : Armor and Natural Armor, help?

Trodon
2010-08-01, 01:41 PM
Does armor and natural armor stack? I heard that it didn't and it did from the same thread somewhere so I'm not sure.

Marnath
2010-08-01, 01:43 PM
I've always thought it stacked.

Eldan
2010-08-01, 01:45 PM
It does. It's not the same bonus, one is named "armour", the other "Natural armour".

Marnath
2010-08-01, 01:50 PM
Well, i can see the logic behind his confusion. Its just as reasonable to think that naturally occuring armor would be equal to manufactured armor as opposed to being something that can work with it.
If it helps, think of this. Let's say your skin is real thick, so you have +1 natural armor and you have fullplate on. A skillfull strike can pass by the +8 armor bonus, but it makes sense that once that happens it would have trouble punching through tough skin or scales.

Moriato
2010-08-01, 02:01 PM
Yes it does. Also, an Enhacement bonus to natural armor (Like an amulet of natural armor, or the barkskin spell) stack with natural armor, too. So if you have a natural armor of 2, from your race or whatever, and put on an amulet of natural armor +2, you have a natural armor bonus of 4, total.

Trodon
2010-08-01, 02:05 PM
Sorry about logging off, internet messed up. Thank you all, I wasn't sure because I have heard both ways. :smallbiggrin:

Marnath
2010-08-01, 02:07 PM
Maybe the thread you were reading was about warforged? They have integrated armor but it's actual armor, not natural so they can't wear a suit of armor.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-01, 02:07 PM
They stack. Being different armor types, they stack. Both are improved in similar ways too. for example: Armor and natural armor can each receive its own enhancement bonus.

Trodon
2010-08-01, 02:11 PM
Maybe the thread you were reading was about warforged? They have integrated armor but it's actual armor, not natural so they can't wear a suit of armor.

That might have been it, I can't remember it was last year sometime.