PDA

View Full Version : Hackmaster's Bloodmage

TechnOkami
2010-08-01, 05:45 PM
To put it blunt, I want to play a Bloodmage, and I'm thinking of other classes I could Multiclass with it, like Bloodmage Thief, Barbarian Bloodmage, etc. Should I just stay solely as a Bloodmage, or should I multiclass it with something else?

In other words: What would be best?

Machiavellian
2010-08-01, 08:14 PM
To put it blunt, I want to play a Bloodmage, and I'm thinking of other classes I could Multiclass with it, like Bloodmage Thief, Barbarian Bloodmage, etc. Should I just stay solely as a Bloodmage, or should I multiclass it with something else?

I suggest multiclassing out after a few levels. The capstone is kinda crappy. Once you can free metamagic and potion from your blood, multiclass into Binder, then into Rogue.

TechnOkami
2010-08-01, 09:20 PM
I suggest multiclassing out after a few levels. The capstone is kinda crappy. Once you can free metamagic and potion from your blood, multiclass into Binder, then into Rogue.

HACKMASTER, not D&D

Lhurgyof
2010-08-01, 10:18 PM
HACKMASTER, not D&D

+1 lol

Umm, not familiar enough with it... Just go with what you think is coolest.

Gavinfoxx
2010-08-02, 12:14 AM
As a human, can't you just dual class to every single class for two levels and then take your "real" class last?

hamlet
2010-08-02, 09:15 AM
As a human, can't you just dual class to every single class for two levels and then take your "real" class last?

No.

First, I recommend single classing. It is least complicated and keeps you from having to split EP's with another class. Means you'll get more powerful spells quicker and be more able to stay alive, which is important.

If, however, you're set on multi-classing, remember that there are erratta and that the Barbarian/Bloodmage combo is now verboten IIRC. After all, it only makes sense considering the Barbarian's aversion to magic at all levels, violently so at early levels.

Best bet might be a combo Cleric (of appropriate non-good deity) with Bloodmage, or thief/bloodmage.

Again, though, recomend to you to not multi-class.