PDA

View Full Version : Druid variant + alignment question

Andion Isurand
2010-08-01, 07:35 PM
When taking the variant druid features in UA in which the druid trades armor/ proficency and wild shape for monk/ranger like class features... do you think one must be lawful, or are they simply using class features as a means of portraying the "swift and deadly hunter" concept?

(and would you allow kung-fu genius feat to apply to the unarmored AC in this case?)

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 07:37 PM
I'd say the variant still has the same druid alignment restrictions.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-01, 07:40 PM
I meant morso... would they be stuck LN as per monk and druid?
or do they mean only to give the druid a few monk-like features?

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 07:42 PM
I meant morso... would they be stuck LN as per monk and druid?
or do they mean only to give the druid a few monk-like features?

I didn't see any alignment changes on the variant page so I would assume you get all that stuff and don't have to worry about new alignment restrictions.

Sir_Elderberry
2010-08-01, 07:46 PM
Yeah, for example, all the paladin variants list changes to alignment restrictions.

Machiavellian
2010-08-01, 07:59 PM
My suggestion? There's a Hunter-type Druid variant that adds all the crunch you'd get from dipping into Ranger and Monk without the alignment or level issues. Heck, dip into Prestige Ranger to upgrade your Hunter Druid into the perfect hunter

Andion Isurand
2010-08-01, 08:03 PM
I was thinking of an Arcane Heriophant mutliclass option with this variant druid, with primary focus placed on the wizard side, hence the Kung-fu genius part of the question

////////////////////////////////

On second thought, I suppose flavor-wise the unarmored AC bonus of the varient druid is more of a heightened primal instinct thing, and would probably never match the flavor text of the Kung-fu Genius feat.

Leon
2010-08-02, 12:23 AM
Your only stuck being LN if you actually take levels in the class - the Variant gives you select features of another class but keeps the druidic limitations.

It meshes very well with the Avenger variant