PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5]Good Wizard feats and equipment

kentma57
2010-08-01, 08:20 PM
It's been a while since I last posted, but I need to get this done so...

I need to finish four 16th level wizards for a game later this week, and am a bit short on time. So to round these guys out I am looking for any suggestion for what to spend their 260,000 gp and feats on.

EDIT(clarity):
-I'm the DM
-This is the final encounter of the campaign(at least as far as I have planned)
-Most books are available
-These guys are several levels above the party(they are expected to win through planning, ally's help, splitting them up to make it easier) so they need to be rounded not optimized.

WeeFreeMen
2010-08-01, 08:24 PM
Books available?
Are these BBEG's for your players? Your DM?
Is the 260k for each or all the wizards?

The level of optimization your looking for?

Details man, we need details! :]

Kurald Galain
2010-08-02, 02:46 AM
Details man, we need details! :]

Also, we need to know the system you're working in. I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not Mage: the Ascension :smalltongue:

Andion Isurand
2010-08-02, 02:57 AM
Give all four of them the Battle Mage Tactics feat from Monster Manual V (p. 84)

Tyndmyr
2010-08-02, 04:24 AM
1 vs party suffers from an action advantage problem. Quicken spell will make them much more fearsome.

A wand of Wings of Cover(preferably wand socketted in a weapon, so they threaten) will enhance their defensive ability, and adds a fun element to tactics, as they try to figure out who to have soak the WOC.

The luck feats from complete scoundrel are quite handy for avoiding bad rolls of the die.

Improved Init is always a solid choice if you have an extra feat you don't know what to do with.

Boots of Battle are another action advantage booster. Not too crazy, but it'll make good loot for any character, and it adds some more action to a fight.

faceroll
2010-08-02, 05:49 AM
Give him a spell-stitched undead familiar that can UMD. That way you're getting off 4 actions/ round- two standard actions, two swift.

Abrupt Jaunt is a must have for disrupting targeted stuff.

Equipment should involve alarm oriented stuff so the wizard knows where the PCs are and a bunch of scrolls for pre-combat buffs. A well prepared wizard who knows exactly what the PCs are doing (for instance, watching them cast spells as they assault his fortress through a crystal ball such that he knows exactly what spells they are casting thanks to his spellcraft checks) can make up for the action advantage by pulling the buff scrolls out of his library to neutralize the PCs tactics.

I've found foes that have time to prepare for PCs can be incredibly difficult to beat. It's a great way of evening the action economy.

kentma57
2010-08-02, 11:16 AM
Some good stuff here, now I'm off to look it all up.