PDA

View Full Version : Monk Question

Arctura42
2010-08-01, 10:22 PM
Is my monk/fighter (probably don't want the full details of this build as it is monk-based) allowed to take Snap Kick (Tome of Battle) AND Versatile Unarmed Strike (Player's Handbook 2) that should qualify him for Slashing Fury (also Player's Handbook 2)?

If so, does that mean I get my 8 base unarmed attacks so long as I specify that they are dealing slashing damage and use Greater Flurry (I took enough levels in fighter to get 4 attacks)?

Do I get to fit TWF into this?

Just curious - wanted to see just how many attacks I could get every round without resorting to my Thri-kreen Bloodstorm Blade build. Speaking of which, if I have multiple limbs like that, am I allowed to throw with each one?

Thank you!

Prodan
2010-08-01, 10:23 PM
Yes, you can.

Flickerdart
2010-08-01, 10:28 PM
Just curious - wanted to see just how many attacks I could get every round without resorting to my Thri-kreen Bloodstorm Blade build.
Totemist is also a good base for getting ridonculous amounts of attacks. For example, a Thri-Kreen Totemist's attack routine can look like this:
Bite/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Slam/Slam/Wing/Wing by 6th level. Astral Vambraces, Girallon Arms and Chaos Roc Span, in case you were wondering.

Arctura42
2010-08-01, 10:47 PM
Totemist is also a good base for getting ridonculous amounts of attacks. For example, a Thri-Kreen Totemist's attack routine can look like this:
Bite/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Slam/Slam/Wing/Wing by 6th level. Astral Vambraces, Girallon Arms and Chaos Roc Span, in case you were wondering.

I am intruiged. 12 attacks at 6th level. Wait, WHAT?! Where can I find Totemist? What are the penalties involved here?

Prodan
2010-08-01, 10:52 PM
Totemist is from Magic of Incarnum.