PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney Live Concert

Viera Champion
2010-08-02, 07:30 AM
The Beatles are amazing! And guess who is doing a live concert at the Wachovia Center on August 14? PAUL! SQUEEEE!! And guess who's father bought them tickets to said concert for their birthday? ME!! Oooo! I wish I could've gotten front row seats, so I could make a sign that said:

I'm here for my 14th birthday! Sing Birthday!

And then if he sung Birthday I would die... Oh well, front row tickets are expensive, and I'm just glad I get to go. It's actually kinda funny since my dad only gave me the ticket for parking, so it said, "This ticket is good for parking only". And I'm like "WTF? Do I just get to go there and sit in the parking lot the whole time?":smalltongue:

Anyways, what are you're opinions of Paul McCartney, and are you going to the Concert?

X2
2010-08-02, 07:42 AM
I like Paul McCartney. Best singer in the world in my honest opinion. I like him so much my avatar is using his bass!

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-08-02, 10:33 AM
I've delivered wood to Paul McCartney for my Grandad, back when he was living with Heather Mills. He was fairly pleasant and she was rather rude, and they had to pay with a cheque instead of cash, which was slightly odd. Otherwise the visit was an inconsequential one. :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-08-02, 11:49 AM
Sir Paul's recording studio was in the windmill in my village (I don't think he owns it anymore though - The windmill is still there). I only saw him once though, about 5 years ago...

skywalker
2010-08-02, 12:22 PM
I've delivered wood to Paul McCartney for my Grandad, back when he was living with Heather Mills. He was fairly pleasant and she was rather rude, and they had to pay with a cheque instead of cash, which was slightly odd. Otherwise the visit was an inconsequential one. :smalltongue:

For a minute I was like "Is 'deliver wood' code for something?!" And then I was like "Oh, oh no, it's not. Thank God."

She seemed rather a rude woman, honestly. I don't know. Paul has always had this strange attitude about him. All of the Beatles (possibly excepting Ringo) have/had an ego problem.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-08-02, 01:09 PM
I think he appreciated the fact that he had a visitor with a job to do, instead of some rabid fan after an autograph. The aim of a retreat in the country is seclusion, after all, and my corner of Sussex is known as a place for artists and the like to live in privacy, especially around Rye.

Egiam
2010-08-02, 10:46 PM
Did any of you watch the Gershwin award concert a few days ago at the White House? Pure awesomesauce. Check it out on the PBS website.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-02, 10:56 PM
Isn't he, like, a million years old now?

Regardless, pretty cool.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-03, 12:09 AM
NOT a fan of his, sorry to say. Better bassists, vastly better singers, and better songwriters.

Nomrom
2010-08-03, 12:43 AM
I liked the Beatles, but I could never get into any of their solo works. I did like Ringo's work with Thomas the Tank Engine though.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-03, 01:59 AM
Paul is a much more melodic bassist, in my opinion, which is sort of the point of the instrument. I'd take Macca over Geddy Lee any day, even though Geddy is a million times better. However, when it came to singing, Paul is just above average in my opinion, and I personally think John and George were superior songwriters.

Viera Champion
2010-08-03, 01:53 PM
NOT a fan of his, sorry to say. Better bassists, vastly better singers, and better songwriters.

And not a single one of them could even hold a candle up to the Beatles as a group.

I could care less for any of the Beatle's solo careers, except for John's. I'm going cuz he is one of the Beatle's, not really because he is Paul McCartney. Well that too I guess, but ehhhh...

Besides, Paul and Lennon together were what made most of the songs, so you can't really compare.

And he's 70.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-08-03, 01:59 PM
I saw Paul McCartney live last year, when he came to Tulsa.
At the time, I didn't have any of his solo music, so half the time I was like "I DON'T KNOW WTF THIS IS BUT OMG MACCA"

Granted, he's my least favorite Beatle, but I cried like some silly teenager from the sixties.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-03, 02:00 PM
The beatles are seriously over-rated, as a band and as solo artists. Did they do some good stuff? Did they help the music industry, absolutly. But do their songs stand against the test of time against....Dylan, Say Anything, or a whole myrid of other bands? No absolutly not.

Allan Surgite
2010-08-03, 02:20 PM
Dylan, Say Anything
...who? I seriously have no idea who you're talking about. [Unless Dylan = Bob Dylan, but that's a leap of logic considering the unlikelihood of someone's surname being "Say Anything."]

I've never met Paul McCartney, but I did see him when he played in Cardiff.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-08-03, 02:22 PM
The beatles are seriously over-rated, as a band and as solo artists. Did they do some good stuff? Did they help the music industry, absolutly. But do their songs stand against the test of time against....Dylan, Say Anything, or a whole myrid of other bands? No absolutly not.

Well, since they're still often listed as the best band of all time, I'd have to disagree with you there.

Fawkes
2010-08-03, 02:24 PM

what.

I'm willing to give you Bob Dylan, and chalk it up to personal taste, but no. A ten-year old emo band does not get to go toe-to-toe with the Beatles.

Edit: Also, if you're talking about some other Dylan, don't even bother correcting me.

Viera Champion
2010-08-03, 02:32 PM

Just because YOU don't like them, doesn't mean they did not stand the test of time. So many people like them. No ever has and ever will reach the popularity they had in the sixties, not even Michael Jackson, who is the most popular artist today. And hell, to prove that they can stand the test of time, I'll use Michael Jackson as an example, even though I don't like him. He liked them so much that he bought their entire song collection (I mean the originals) except for a few that George Harrison refused to give away.

And I'm sorry to say, but more people these days know the Beatles than know Bob Dylan.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-08-03, 02:34 PM
what.

I'm willing to give you Bob Dylan, and chalk it up to personal taste, but no. A ten-year old emo band does not get to go toe-to-toe with the Beatles.

Edit: Also, if you're talking about some other Dylan, don't even bother correcting me.

Is that who Say Anything is?
Cause I totally didn't know and didn't want to admit my ignorance >>

kpenguin
2010-08-03, 02:41 PM
Its a sign of how old he is that when I saw the thread title I thought to myself "Oh dear, is he dead?"

Malfunctioned
2010-08-03, 02:41 PM

Okay, speaking as a British teenager who is quite into music I'd just to like to note something.

Bob Dylan: I know of him, heard a few songs and know there's a movie of him. That's about it. Nothing really stuck in my mind more than he was pretty decent.

Say Anything: Really? I used to be quite heavily into that scene and I never really thought of them as anything special.

However I can easily listen to The Beatles for ages and whilst I don't like all of their songs I can easily appreciate almost everything they've put out. True other artists may be more skilled and more talented but, like it has been mentioned before, I doubt any of them have been widely considered the Worlds Greatest Band and has had the same success as them.

Quite a bit of the above is my own opinion but so was yours.

Fawkes
2010-08-03, 02:43 PM
Is that who Say Anything is?
Cause I totally didn't know and didn't want to admit my ignorance >>

I had to look them up. They're nobody.

Bob Dylan: I know of him, heard a few songs and know there's a movie of him. That's about it. Nothing really stuck in my mind more than he was pretty decent.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Dylan had a great deal of success worldwide. He's an amazing poet and songwriter, but his singing and performing style is sort of an acquired taste sometimes. You've probably heard a bunch of his songs covered by other bands.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-03, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't call them emo, but they are rather new, not that I feel it makes them any less able to stack up against older bands. Being old dosn't give you some sort of immunity to criticism or being compared to people that have come after. Alot of the "Best of the Beatles" only exists because of the age filter. And I don't think I ever said I didn't like the Beatles. Just that as far as music goes, they're over-rated. Popular dosn't always mean their the best, and just because a top 20something website or newspaper claims them "The best" dosn't mean that it's fact.

There are bands out now, and during the Beatle's era that did what the mop top teen band did and did it better. I'm not going to discredit what the Beatles did for music or the industry itself, because that'd be a bold faced lie, but...are they the band with the best song writing, instruments, etc etc. Not by a long shot. They're average, maybe a little above average after the age filter has been placed on them. But they certainly don't deserve the best band of all time title.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-08-03, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't call them emo, but they are rather new, not that I feel it makes them any less able to stack up against older bands. Being old dosn't give you some sort of immunity to criticism or being compared to people that have come after. Alot of the "Best of the Beatles" only exists because of the age filter. And I don't think I ever said I didn't like the Beatles. Just that as far as music goes, they're over-rated. Popular dosn't always mean their the best, and just because a top 20something website or newspaper claims them "The best" dosn't mean that it's fact.

There are bands out now, and during the Beatle's era that did what the mop top teen band did and did it better. I'm not going to discredit what the Beatles did for music or the industry itself, because that'd be a bold faced lie, but...are they the band with the best song writing, instruments, etc etc. Not by a long shot. They're average, maybe a little above average after the age filter has been placed on them. But they certainly don't deserve the best band of all time title.

Unfortunately, sweetie, the mass majority of the world disagrees with you.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-08-03, 02:49 PM

In my opinion, Dylan is no-longer as good as he was. I saw him at a festival here in England about a month ago and he was pretty bad. At least Paul still has the quality he had.

In the end though, I like the Beatles and Dylan equally.

Edit: we are talking about Bob Dylan, aren't we...

Innis Cabal
2010-08-03, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately, sweetie, the mass majority of the world disagrees with you.

That's never made me change my opinion, and it never will. The majority isn't always right. Sometimes, they're completly and totally wrong. :smalltongue:

Jack Squat
2010-08-03, 03:02 PM
I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the Beatles as performers. Never was, never will be. However, I do like a fair bit of their work when it's done by people other than them. I think the prime example of this would be Aerosmith's version of Come Together, and I'm also a fan of Fried Glass Onions.

As an aside, I never liked Dylan.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-08-03, 03:08 PM
That's never made me change my opinion, and it never will. The majority isn't always right. Sometimes, they're completly and totally wrong. :smalltongue:

Noone's trying to change your opinion, as incorrect as it may be according to the numbers:smalltongue:

You just came into a thread where a kid was talking about how excited he was to see Paul McCartney live and dropped what essentially amounted to "The Beatles are overrated, stop being excited."
Of course we were all going to jump on you :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2010-08-03, 03:09 PM
The majority isn't always right. Sometimes, they're completly and totally wrong. :smalltongue:

You're right. But this isn't one of those times.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-08-03, 03:09 PM
Bob Dylan wrote better than he performed, so other artists often did his songs better. All Along the Watchtower and Knockin' on Heaven's Door are good examples of this. I can't really say that with The Beatles.

Joran
2010-08-03, 03:10 PM
There are bands out now, and during the Beatle's era that did what the mop top teen band did and did it better.

Except the Beatles evolved from writing songs like "I Want to Hold Your Hand" to "Help!" to "Yellow Submarine" to "Back in the USSR". The Beatles, in only 10 years, managed to change their style dramatically multiple times and retain their popularity. By the end of their run, they were completely indistinguishable from the mop top band they were in the beginning.

The Beatles are by far the most acclaimed band and one of the most popular of all time. Heck the best selling album of the 2000's was 1... the Beatles compilation album, 40 years after they broke up.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-12-08-musicdecade08_ST_N.htm

This doesn't mean they are "the best" but it's hard to argue something so amorphous.

skywalker
2010-08-03, 03:30 PM
I'm willing to grant that the Beatles may not be the best band of all time. But not holding up to Say Anything? No.

Yes, music is subjective, and yes it's all taste, but in this case it's not. Michael Jordan vs. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is close to being a matter of taste. There's like a top 5 basketball players of all time, and you can pick any of them depending on your taste. But we can't do that here. Say Anything is not even in the same layer of atmosphere as the Beatles.

I've been trying to figure out what to say here, trying to figure out some way that Say Anything could even begin to compare... And am failing. I'd like if you could at least put forward a reason why these people compare.

EDIT:
Except the Beatles evolved from writing songs like "I Want to Hold Your Hand" to "Help!" to "Yellow Submarine" to "Back in the USSR". The Beatles, in only 10 years, managed to change their style dramatically multiple times and retain their popularity. By the end of their run, they were completely indistinguishable from the mop top band they were in the beginning.

I totally disagree. They maintain, if nothing else, absolute mastery of the medium. "Let it Be" (one of the last singles, if not chronologically, close to) is perfect pop. I can hear a continuum through the music, of highly skilled pop musicians.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-03, 03:43 PM
Adding to what Skywalker said, there are certain bands who have huge supportive fanbases, who could get real Best Band Ever arguments. The Stones, Beach Boys, David Bowie, The Doors, hell maybe even the Kinks or Elvis or something. Those bands all had long, creative, brilliant careers. I love the Beatles, but I also love...to use a modern example of an artist I like who has a short, not so prolific career, Avril Lavigne. There are some days where I would much rather listen to Under My Skin than Hard Day's Night. I would still not make the case that Avril is a better artist than the Beatles. Anyone who seriously knows music would laugh at me if I argued that.

Joran
2010-08-03, 03:51 PM
EDIT:

I totally disagree. They maintain, if nothing else, absolute mastery of the medium. "Let it Be" (one of the last singles, if not chronologically, close to) is perfect pop. I can hear a continuum through the music, of highly skilled pop musicians..

I'm not quite sure what you're disagreeing with. Innis Cabal seemed under the impression that the Beatles remained the band that played on Ed Sullivan's show. I was stating that the Beatles changed drastically from the old days when they were playing such songs as "Hold Your Hand" and "Twist and Shout". The song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is dramatically different. The Beatles kept evolving in their music.

Viera Champion
2010-08-03, 11:59 PM
Adding to what Skywalker said, there are certain bands who have huge supportive fanbases, who could get real Best Band Ever arguments. The Stones, Beach Boys, David Bowie, The Doors, hell maybe even the Kinks or Elvis or something. Those bands all had long, creative, brilliant careers. I love the Beatles, but I also love...to use a modern example of an artist I like who has a short, not so prolific career, Avril Lavigne. There are some days where I would much rather listen to Under My Skin than Hard Day's Night. I would still not make the case that Avril is a better artist than the Beatles. Anyone who seriously knows music would laugh at me if I argued that.

So wait, you're saying the Beatle's didn't have a long, creative, and brilliant carreer?

Oh, and speaking of the Beach Boys, their ony goal was to be as popular as the Beatles. They failed, but yes, they were good.

Oh, and I would like to thank Rabbit for being my absolute favorite person right now. *huggle*

Um... The Beatles were widely different all the time. From simple songs like yes, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", to the goofy songs of Abbey Road, to the love songs like "I Will", to sad songs like "She's Leaving Home". And let's not forget the glorious Love Album. Or the utterly random White Album.

Also, I'm really pissed now, cuz it turns out my friend got backstage passes. Grrrr...

Weren't we talking about Paul McCartney?

VanBuren
2010-08-04, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't call them emo, but they are rather new, not that I feel it makes them any less able to stack up against older bands.

Of course not, it's skill that does that. And from listening, I ironically, found them to be about average for the genre, with really no new territory in their sound.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-04, 12:18 AM
Kurama, it's well documented on this forum that I am one of the biggest Beatles fans here, along with Rabbit. You missed the point. The Beatles are often referred to as the Best Band in Existance. Putting them on that pedastal is fine, but they do have some competition, in the form of the bands I listed. I was adding to Skywalker, who made the point that some people might not agree the Beatles are the best, but if you argue that a band like the Stones is the best, but still acknowledge the Beatles, people will respect that opinion.

Elvis, The Doors, The Stones, Beach Boys, Bowie, etc have had huge impacts on music, like the Beatles. If I was talking to someone and they said The Doors were the greatest band in history, I'd say I thought it was the Beatles and we'd be done. The Doors are probably in the top 10 bands ever. So are the Beatles. That comes down to personal taste, like Skywalker said. Now, your favorite band might be something like Say Anything, but trying to argue they're better, in the sense of having accomplished, influenced, and changed the world more, is a bit silly. If that makes sense.

In response to your Beach Boys comment, there might not have been any Sgt. Pepper without Pet Sounds.

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 12:23 AM
... I'm really sick of arguing about the Beatles... I have friends who listen to rap, so yeah...

I've noticed that if a teen has rap as their favorite music genre, they don't like the Beatles and vice versa. That's just how it is with everyone I know.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-04, 12:29 AM
That is a logical fallacy. There are many teenagers who like rap and the Beatles. Rap and Beatles are not mutually exclusive. I don't like Rap music, but I do feel the need to point out this. Youtube search for The Grey Album. Like I said, not a fan of Jay-Z or Rap, but it's actually bearable.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 12:30 AM
... I'm really sick of arguing about the Beatles... I have friends who listen to rap, so yeah...

I've noticed that if a teen has rap as their favorite music genre, they don't like the Beatles and vice versa. That's just how it is with everyone I know.

I'm 16, I love hip-hop very much, and I still find The Beatles awesome. Not as good as, say, King Crimson, in terms of songwritting, lyrics, variety, or musicianship, but awesome nonetheless. I listen to disco, I listen to metal, I listen to rap, I listen to goddam Canturbury Scene Prog Rock. I listen to folk, I listen to Drum & Bass, I listen to classical of both the classic and modern variety, I listen to jazz fusion, and I listen to pop from this and the previous four decades.

Never, ever, generalize about an entire genre. Sounds like you need to listen to more rap and talk to more rap fans. :smallsigh:

That is a logical fallacy. There are many teenagers who like rap and the Beatles. Rap and Beatles are not mutually exclusive. I don't like Rap music, but I do feel the need to point out this. Youtube search for The Grey Album. Like I said, not a fan of Jay-Z or Rap, but it's actually bearable.

The Grey Album is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Danger Mouse, a hip-hop, soul, and pop producer, mashed up Jay-Z with The Beatles. And it was amazing. I can list a few dozen amazing hip hop artists you (all) should listen to, but I doubt many of you would take me up on it... :smallbiggrin:

X2
2010-08-04, 12:34 AM
Anyone who knows me know that I think The Beatles are the all time greatest band to ever grace this undeserving earth. I'm listening to Sgt Pepper as I type! But props to Moff Chumley for giving King Crimson (a very underapreciated band) some notice.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-04, 12:35 AM
Moff, you're only sixteen? Huh, thought you were older. We should hang out sometime. I disagree about KC>Beatles, but I consider Fripp a genius of Lennon proportions, from his Bowie contributions alone.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 12:36 AM
The difference between "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Eleanor Rigby" got NOTHING on the difference between "I Talk to the Wind" and "Indiscipline"... :smallcool:

Moff, you're only sixteen? Huh, thought you were older. We should hang out sometime. I disagree about KC>Beatles, but I consider Fripp a genius of Lennon proportions, from his Bowie contributions alone.

I think KC's genius, for the most part, was finding awesome collaborators. Fripp is a badass in his own right, but he's very good at perfectly complementing his bandmates, regardless of their style.

X2
2010-08-04, 12:37 AM
Oh sod it. Here's my list (http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Xart2/top_25_rock_metal_artists). I just picked 5 random songs I like from each artist for the accompanying descriptions.

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 12:38 AM
I'm listening to the Beatles right now too!

You both completely seemed to misunderstand the fact that I was saying that's how it was with my friends, and was wondering how true thy was for the majority of teens. Even though I clearly stated such.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 12:40 AM

Erm... I don't think it took a leap of logic to get from "everyone I know who likes rap dislikes The Beatles" to "I don't listen to enough hip-hop"... :smallcool:

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 12:43 AM
Sigh... Talking about the Beatles is one thing, but talking about King Crimson(whoever the hell that is) in a Paul McCartney thread is fairly off topic. Especially once you've stopped connecting him to the Beatles.

By telling me I don't listen to enough hiphop, I assume you're referring to the fact that I despise rap, I could not name more than three rappers, and could not name any rap songs, I literally mean none.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-04, 12:44 AM
'Everyone I know' is a bit more general than just your friends. If you were truly wondering about if it was possible to like both, rather than just bashing hip hop, then Moff and I answered your question with yes, it is possible.

Edit: Damn, it looks like I need to ressurect the Rock Thread, the Older Brother to the Metal Thread.

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 12:47 AM
Everyone I know means my friends. End of discussion, this has nothing to do with Paul McCartney, sorry for ever trying to talk about it.

Again, PAUL MCCARTNEY and his concert. We can always make a Beatles thread to discuss them.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 12:53 AM
Sigh... Talking about the Beatles is one thing, but talking about King Crimson(whoever the hell that is) in a Paul McCartney thread is fairly off topic. Especially once you've stopped connecting him to the Beatles.

I was comparing KC to the Beatles. In a thread about famous, old musicians, making a comment about how Fripp is content to fade into the background and let other people have the spotlight is fairly relevant. :smallannoyed:

By telling me I don't listen to enough hiphop, I assume you're referring to the fact that I despise rap, I could not name more than three rappers, and could not name any rap songs, I literally mean none.

Can we make it clear that hip-hop is not pop, and most rap you hear is by definition pop and not hip hop? There's next to nothing connecting Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZynubB4Gks) to Lil' Wayne aside from that they both rap, and nothing connecting DJ Shadow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfYBqhqUbeA&feature=fvst) to, say, Timbaland aside from that they make Hip Hop beats.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-04, 12:54 AM
Paul McCartney was a Beatle. Talking about the Beatles is FULLY supported in this thread. You don't really get to make a thread called "I like Red" and then be upset when people discuss the merits of Red versus the vastly superior Purple, because you only wanted people to talk about how cool Red was. Most playgrounders aren't going to the Macca concert, and can't relate to you about that. However, a lot of the musically inclined have something to say about The Beatles, and this is an appropriate place for it.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 12:55 AM
Reread the forum rules. Creating a thread in no way allows you to dictate its content.

@V: And my favorite album at the moment is Dangerdoom, by Danger Mouse and MF Doom. :smalltongue:

X2
2010-08-04, 12:57 AM
People! Enough of the fighting! Is that was Paul would want? Is it? No. Now let's get this back on topic. My mother's favourite album is The Wings' Venus and Mars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_2oNF9CZE). I got it for her on vinyl for her birthday this year.

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 01:00 AM
Sigh... I'm simply saying getting into...

You know what... Screw it. This thread has served it's purpose, no one cares about the concert, I'm done end of story. Look, I'll even change the title for you so you realize the specifics.

X2
2010-08-04, 01:02 AM
@V: And my favorite album at the moment is Dangerdoom, by Danger Mouse and MF Doom. :smalltongue:

Uhmm... Swell? See mine was topical cause it was about The Wings (y'know? Paul's band?) but that there is just... wha?

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 01:03 AM
O_0

Calm down, no one is attacking you. No need for the passive agressive. You can't expect to attack hip hop fans and not have any backlash.

Uhmm... Swell? See mine was topical cause it was about The Wings (y'know? Paul's band?) but that there is just... wha?

...never mind. :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry guys. I'm not this much of a narrowminded ass in person. I swear.

X2
2010-08-04, 01:08 AM
...never mind. :smalltongue:

Don't bring Nirvana into this!

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 01:11 AM

Oh you. :smallwink:

VanBuren
2010-08-04, 01:29 AM

OMG! Live at Reading, amirite?

X2
2010-08-04, 01:30 AM
I think we should take this to the rock thread President Martin Van Buren

VanBuren
2010-08-04, 01:35 AM
I think we should take this to the rock thread President Martin Van Buren

Well, there goes my cover.

skywalker
2010-08-05, 04:22 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're disagreeing with. Innis Cabal seemed under the impression that the Beatles remained the band that played on Ed Sullivan's show. I was stating that the Beatles changed drastically from the old days when they were playing such songs as "Hold Your Hand" and "Twist and Shout". The song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is dramatically different. The Beatles kept evolving in their music.

I was disagreeing that the band that made "Love Me Do" and the band that made "I Want You," for instance, were completely indistinguishable. Because musically you can follow threads. You can hear the same people, if you listen close enough (and I don't mean something as simple as their voice being the same).

Side note: "So yeah..." is one of my least favorite phrases. The "so yeah" and "blank. Just blank." memes on TVTropes really bug me.

I have liked both rap/hip-hop and the Beatles since... I first acquired "1," around the age of 16. I would like to point out that "LOVE" is a compilation, not original Beatles stuff. Just so ya know.