PDA

View Full Version : Yo. Me yet again. (3.5, Question)

The-Mage-King
2010-08-02, 11:53 AM
Yep. I need some help with finding Bull's Strength as a first level divine spell.

The path to getting it doesn't matter much, but having it does.

Suggestions?

Zeta Kai
2010-08-02, 12:11 PM
What sources are you allowed? Can it be homebrewed? Third party? Dragon mag?

EvilJoe15
2010-08-02, 12:14 PM
A Cleric with a 1 level dip in Prestige Paladin, and Sanctum Spell.

The-Mage-King
2010-08-02, 12:18 PM
A Cleric with a 1 level dip in Prestige Paladin, and Sanctum Spell.

Sanctum Spell?

As for sources... Core, Heroes of Horror, PHBII, and Arms and Equipment Guide. PrCs from other sources are allowable, but I need to get DM approval for them.

Ernir
2010-08-02, 12:20 PM
If you can shenanigan an arcane caster level on to your divine caster, dipping Sand Shaper (Sandstorm) should take care of it.

EDIT: Sanctum Spell is a feat from Complete Arcane, and can do wonky things to spell levels.

EvilJoe15
2010-08-02, 12:26 PM
Indeed. Sanctum's trik is making the spell one level higher inside your "sanctum"(Any bounded space that you've spent at least one month), and one level lower outside your "sanctum". As we all know Meta reducers are the most broken tools available to casters.(Even more then Action Economy Breakers)

Curmudgeon
2010-08-02, 12:30 PM
Bull's Strength is always a 2nd level spell. So your approach has to include some metamagic level adjustment shenanigans, such as Sanctum Spell, and a way of getting to cast a 2nd level spell at 1st level, such as Precocious Apprentice. So a 1-level dip into an arcane spellcasting class followed by a Cleric level with Strength and/or Wrath domains, plus those feats, will do it.

EvilJoe15
2010-08-02, 12:41 PM
No need to dip an arcane class. I've seen that done with Magical Training.

KillianHawkeye
2010-08-02, 08:03 PM
Note: Sanctum Spell doesn't change the spell slot needed to cast the spell. It only changes the effective spell level for the purpose of effects based on spell level and calculating the Save DC.

Curmudgeon
2010-08-03, 12:43 AM
No need to dip an arcane class. I've seen that done with Magical Training.
That's very region-specific. You've got to be an Elf (from Evereska or Evermeet) or Human (from Halruaa or Nimbral). If your game isn't set in Faerūn this isn't going to work.

PId6
2010-08-03, 01:05 AM
I'm guessing this is for archivist? If so, Sanctum Spell shenanigans isn't going to work.

Doc Roc
2010-08-03, 01:44 AM
That's very region-specific. You've got to be an Elf (from Evereska or Evermeet) or Human (from Halruaa or Nimbral). If your game isn't set in Faerūn this isn't going to work.

Actually, Champions of Valor "fixed" that with regional backgrounds. Go take a look!

Curmudgeon
2010-08-03, 04:41 AM
Actually, Champions of Valor "fixed" that with regional backgrounds. Go take a look!
So it trades small regions for somewhat bigger FR regions. That still doesn't fix anything if you're not playing in Faerūn.

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 05:07 AM
If you're not playing in Faerun, don't you just nix the regional requirements or tailor them to your own world? :smallconfused:

Curmudgeon
2010-08-03, 05:24 AM
If you're not playing in Faerun, don't you just nix the regional requirements or tailor them to your own world? :smallconfused:
Why? Regional feats are intended to express something characteristic to that particular region. Turning them into general feats removes anything special about those regions.

Besides, it's not like there are so few feats out there that you have a hard time picking one that's useful for your character. :smallwink:

Coidzor
2010-08-03, 05:28 AM
Why? Regional feats are intended to express something characteristic to that particular region. Turning them into general feats removes anything special about those regions.

Because they'd be appropriate for other regions on other game worlds. Is... actually more obvious than saying you can't port these things in particular to other worlds.

hamishspence
2010-08-03, 05:30 AM
Dragon Magazine gave Greyhawk some regional feats of its own.

I'm not sure if Eberron has any. But the concept can be imported.

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 05:37 AM
Why? Regional feats are intended to express something characteristic to that particular region. Turning them into general feats removes anything special about those regions.So you use them to make your own regions special. Anyway, I personally, as a DM, have no problem with removing anything special about those regions, seeing as they don't exist in my game, and the feats are nonetheless useful.

The-Mage-King
2010-08-03, 08:35 AM
I'm guessing this is for archivist? If so, Sanctum Spell shenanigans isn't going to work.

Yep. It's for a Grey Elf Archivist. I don't need anything other than just the way to get it as a first level spell...

Because if it can be done...

Someone's got to have had it.

Doc Roc
2010-08-03, 01:51 PM
I can do it, but you won't like it, and it won't be remotely useful to you.

Thefurmonger
2010-08-03, 02:05 PM
Sand shaper from It's hot outside Pg. 76 gets it as a 1st lvl spell.

Doc Roc
2010-08-03, 04:54 PM
Sand shaper from It's hot outside Pg. 76 gets it as a 1st lvl spell.

And then a hexer can get it as a divine spell.