PDA

View Full Version : Plus 10 to base speed

Telonius
2010-08-02, 12:34 PM
Major milestone - my daughter took her first steps yesterday evening. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Mud
2010-08-02, 12:35 PM
Awesome news Telon. How old is she?

Zherog
2010-08-02, 12:36 PM
Major milestone - my daughter took her first steps yesterday evening. :smallbiggrin:

Your life (and your house!) will never be the same... ;)

Telonius
2010-08-02, 12:36 PM
11 months. She's not quite making it more than a few feet yet, but I expect that to change within a couple days.

EmeraldRose
2010-08-02, 01:31 PM
Prepare for nearly non-stop bruising on her forehead. :smallbiggrin:

Zovc
2010-08-02, 01:34 PM
My friend showed me a video of his daughter's method of transportation:

She can't walk or crawl, so she scoots.

PallElendro
2010-08-02, 01:36 PM
Uh, if she doesn't make it more than a few feet, she still has 5 foot base move.

Flame of Anor
2010-08-02, 01:39 PM
Uh, if she doesn't make it more than a few feet, she still has 5 foot base move.

Psst, I don't think OP was actually trying to stat out the tyke.

IonDragon
2010-08-02, 01:41 PM
Psst, I don't think OP was actually trying to stat out the tyke.

Doesn't mean we can't do it for him :o

Asta Kask
2010-08-02, 01:43 PM
Skills - practically none
Statistics - depressingly low
Move - 5 feet

Cuteness (Ex): Anyone within sight of the creature must make a DC 10 Will save or become dazed for 1d4 rounds. Parents and close relatives have a -4 to the save. This save is Charisma-based.

Copacetic
2010-08-02, 01:46 PM

Congratulations! It goes down hill from here. :smallbiggrin:

Flame of Anor
2010-08-02, 01:53 PM
Congratulations! It goes down hill from here. :smallbiggrin:

Not if you put a gate at the top of the stairs... :smallwink:

EmeraldRose
2010-08-02, 03:58 PM
Speaking from experience, you'll also need a gate for the bottom of the stairs, each doorway in the kitchen, and one for baby's bedroom when you move to a toddler bed :smallwink:

Copacetic
2010-08-02, 03:58 PM
Not if you put a gate at the top of the stairs... :smallwink:

Point. :smalltongue:

Although, small children are the pure antithesis of constructive forces; a toddler can dismantle a NASA supercomputer in a little under a minute. True story.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-03, 02:05 AM
Nice!

Our baby is almost at that stage. He's taken a few steps, but much prefers crawling for its better speed at the moment.

If I remember right, our kids were born within days of each other? (Aug 13th)

Killer Angel
2010-08-03, 02:09 AM

Ah, the wonderful stage when walking is still slower than crawling...

EmeraldRose
2010-08-03, 08:33 AM
Just wait, it gets better. Jr is 20 months, and climbs everything in sight, typically is going at least a double move speed, and will push stuff (like chairs) into a better position for climbing onto things.

The 7 year old has now been doing karate for 2 years, and shows no signs of wanting to quit. Not bad for a kid with ADHD :smallbiggrin:

And for some reason we thought it'd be a good idea to start over with another one...:smallsigh:

And yes, we have looked into assigning character classes to our kids. It's fun! So far we have a ninja and possible a fighter or barbarian. Tough to stat a toddler, maybe another year or two after he starts expressing interest in stuff besides climbing and chasing the cats... Maybe number 3 will be the spell caster or rogue? I suppose it depends on if he takes after me or Andre :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 08:41 AM
*ahem*

http://teenymanolo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/dungeonsdragonsbaby.jpg

Yay! :smallbiggrin: ...ish?

My nephew's oh so nearly standing by himself. He was standing using my hand with one of his, and I was holding hardly any of his weight. My sister just posted this on Facebook: "Alexander just got a FunPod and has been playing peek-a-boo in it all week. Very funny watching him duck down and then jump up proudly. Too cute!"

Telonius
2010-08-03, 08:51 AM
Nice!

Our baby is almost at that stage. He's taken a few steps, but much prefers crawling for its better speed at the moment.

Yeah, hers is Aug. 21. She's still figuring out if the whole "walking" thing is for her, and it's taken a bit of a hiatus due to severe teething as well.

SDF
2010-08-03, 09:28 AM
Speaking from experience, you'll also need a gate for the bottom of the stairs, each doorway in the kitchen, and one for baby's bedroom when you move to a toddler bed :smallwink:

Sounds like it's also time for her first helmet. :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2010-08-03, 09:33 AM
Sounds like it's also time for her first helmet. :smalltongue:

Nah, we just put a big pillow on the floor, so at least it's semi cushioned when he falls out...

ZombieRockStar
2010-08-03, 07:08 PM
I don't have any kids, but I do remember my sister and brother learning to walk.

...yeah, like other people have said, prepare for a lot of bumps. Coffee tables are especially dangerous. It's like they designed those things to be the anti-toddler or something; all corners 1-2 feet high and just left in the middle of the room.

We got about two or three steps out of him, IIRC. I was so happy, and he isn't even my kid. :smallsmile: I think babies (or at least Puddingtroll) just have that effect on people; they bring out natural paternal/maternal instincts even in people who've never dealt with kids before.

Deth Muncher
2010-08-07, 03:30 PM

Your child shares the same birthday as the release date for the Scott Pilgrim movie. Only good things can come from this.