PDA

View Full Version : LotRO: In which we concern Hobbits.

MCerberus
2010-08-02, 02:20 PM
Alright, as many know, there's a beta going on about the oncoming move to a f2p/hybred system for this game. Think what happened with DDO. What is slightly more recent is that the NDA has been lifted so we can discuss the various forms of shenanigans going on.

So, is there anyone out there playing now, wanting to know what's going on, former players, or beta testers out there?

Player Listing:

Bullroarer(Beta): MCerberus - Grimric, Kraagor, Malysia

Breltar
2010-08-02, 02:25 PM
I'm a tester that once played about a year after it originally came out and I have been loving all the new things and familiar things that are available.

I really think this is going to steer many older MMO titles in the f2p/freemium direction.

Telasi
2010-08-02, 04:01 PM
I'm just waiting for the full f2p to go public. I already play DDO and like the way it's implemented there, and I enjoyed the LOTRO demo when I tried it a while back.

MCerberus
2010-08-02, 04:18 PM
Well, you'll be happy to know it's pretty much the same thing, except replace "quest packs" with "zones"...

and f2p players not being able to trade gold at all... That's something people are hotly discussing.

Zarah
2010-08-02, 04:42 PM
I had a bunch of characters on Brandywine a while back, though my account hasn't been active for... Oh, probably a year now. I have no doubt that they're still there, but I don't really have a method to pay, so I'm outta' luck.

I was there for the original beta, though. I saw the game launch, so I was pretty well-versed in it for a while. Of course, as time went on, I got out of touch and was left behind. I do own Mines of Moria, but I've never even been down into the mines themselves. And I haven't even bothered looking at Mirkwood.

Still, one of these days, I'd like to get back into it. It was a lot of fun.