PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Mage and Disciple of Jubilex UNITE!

NekoJoker
2010-08-02, 05:12 PM
Pretty much what the title says, I would like to build one of those two, possbily use both PrC on one Char whenever possible. Is there a hadbook or something to make those two suckers really nasty?

The Glyphstone
2010-08-02, 05:13 PM
1) Cancer Mage.
2) Festering Anger.
3) ???
4) Game broken.
5) Profit!
6) Add Disciple of Jubilex to taste.

Private-Prinny
2010-08-02, 05:28 PM
1) Cancer Mage.
2) Festering Anger.
3) ???
4) Game broken.
5) Profit!
6) Add Disciple of Jubilex to taste.

I still don't see how that works by RAW. Cumulative +2 STR is not a cosmetic effect.

EvilJoe15
2010-08-02, 05:43 PM
It is when combined with Ilumian with the right sigles.(I forget what they're called, but it's the combo that bases bonus spells off Str)

Private-Prinny
2010-08-02, 05:46 PM
It is when combined with Ilumian with the right sigles.(I forget what they're called, but it's the combo that bases bonus spells off Str)

AeshKrau, and I don't see how that makes it purely aesthetic.

NekoJoker
2010-08-02, 05:49 PM
Yeah I remember something like that, like using... i think it was something like Vile Rigidity or something to get an insane nat Armor bonus.

BoVD was rather poorly written...

The Glyphstone
2010-08-02, 06:17 PM
AeshKrau, and I don't see how that makes it purely aesthetic.

At 1st level, a cancer mage suffers no
ill effects of diseases, except for purely cosmetic ones such
as boils, pockmarks, watery eyes, blackened skin, hair loss,
foul smell, and so on.

+2 cumulative Strength isn't a cosmetic effect, but neither is it an ill effect. It's a beneficial side effect, so the Cancer Mage still benefits from it.

IdleMuse
2010-08-02, 06:36 PM
I still don't see how that works by RAW. Cumulative +2 STR is not a cosmetic effect.

Yes, I believe the 'combo' works off the wording specifying immunity to 'ill effects' brought on by diseases, not cosmetic effects.

The Shadowmind
2010-08-02, 06:39 PM
A Rod of Bodily restoration use each day, negates the Con damage, leaving only the will save a problem. So abusing festering anger doesn't even need Cancer mage.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-02, 06:45 PM
A Rod of Bodily restoration use each day, negates the Con damage, leaving only the will save a problem. So abusing festering anger doesn't even need Cancer mage.

No, but it simplifies it.

Cancer Mage really is a neat PrC for a villainous NPC, it's a bit unfortunate that shenanigans with Festering Anger and Vile Rigidity made its name into mud.