PDA

View Full Version : Where is Mr Scruffy?

Katana_Geldar
2010-08-02, 05:44 PM
I know he's only been gone for a few strips, but where is our favourite cat? Still eating?

TheMac04
2010-08-02, 05:47 PM
Presumably still at the tavern. Cats can take care of themselves. I'm sure he's fine.

suszterpatt
2010-08-02, 05:49 PM
Presumably still at the tavern. Cats can take care of themselves. I'm sure he's fine.
He was last seen eating while Durkon and Malack discussed theology.

My guess?

Off panel

TheMac04
2010-08-02, 05:51 PM
He was last seen eating while Durkon and Malack discussed theology.

My guess?

Off panel

GASP!:smalleek:

Kish
2010-08-02, 05:52 PM
Whenever he's not onscreen, someone asks where he is.

The answer is usually, "Rich doesn't draw every character who's there but not relevant at the moment in every strip."

Marnath
2010-08-02, 05:54 PM
Wild speculation: Mr. Scruffy is, of course, scouting out the gladiator pit and planning how to free Roy and Belkar :smallwink:

TheMac04
2010-08-02, 06:01 PM
Wild speculation: Mr. Scruffy is, of course, scouting out the gladiator pit and planning how to free Roy and Belkar :smallwink:
I think he's preparing to kick ass!!

B.I.T.T.
2010-08-02, 08:17 PM
Mr. Scruffy is a spy for the forces of evil and is reporting to his dark masters. And I don't mean the Linear Guild or Team Evil or evil the Sabine's bosses. I of course am refering to the true mastermind behind the evil plots plaguing the land. The Azure City Department of Motor Vehicles.

RE:Insanity
2010-08-02, 08:24 PM
Hehe. Is he the one who ratted out Fyre F. Ocks when he crashed?

suszterpatt
2010-08-02, 08:49 PM
Mr. Scruffy is a spy for the forces of evil and is reporting to his dark masters. And I don't mean the Linear Guild or Team Evil or evil the Sabine's bosses. I of course am refering to the true mastermind behind the evil plots plaguing the land. The Azure City Department of Motor Vehicles.No no, I predicted it ages ago. Mr. Scruffy is possessed by Miko's spirit, and she will ultimately get her revenge on Belkar by leading him to his demise.

She's probably on her way now to sabotage Belkar's fights in the arena by coughing up furballs at all the wrong moments.

B.I.T.T.
2010-08-02, 09:47 PM
No no, I predicted it ages ago. Mr. Scruffy is possessed by Miko's spirit, and she will ultimately get her revenge on Belkar by leading him to his demise.

She's probably on her way now to sabotage Belkar's fights in the arena by coughing up furballs at all the wrong moments.

Speaking as someone who has witnessed the process whereby a cat makes a furball, I can tell you this...there are no right moments.

2010-08-02, 09:50 PM
Speaking as someone who has witnessed the process whereby a cat makes a furball, I can tell you this...there are no right moments.

You poor, poor creature. I weep for you, as I, too, have cats.

Marnath
2010-08-02, 09:50 PM
No no, I predicted it ages ago. Mr. Scruffy is possessed by Miko's spirit, and she will ultimately get her revenge on Belkar by leading him to his demise.

What revenge? Belkar didn't kill her, she did that to herself.

Katana_Geldar
2010-08-02, 11:09 PM
You poor, poor creature. I weep for you, as I, too, have cats.

What's worse than this a cat purging itself with grass.

GSFB
2010-08-02, 11:28 PM
What does Mr Scruffy do when he is off screen?

A) Give advice and pointers... to Chuck Norris
B) Roam the Astral Plane, conquering far away worlds
C) Bring food and clean water to needy orphans, or
D) Mrs Scruffy

TheMac04
2010-08-03, 12:28 AM
Mr. Scruffy is a spy for the forces of evil and is reporting to his dark masters. And I don't mean the Linear Guild or Team Evil or evil the Sabine's bosses. I of course am refering to the true mastermind behind the evil plots plaguing the land. The Azure City Department of Motor Vehicles.
I think he's working for the Humble Doily myself.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-03, 03:44 AM
@GSFB: D definitely D (then maybe A and B)

Bongos
2010-08-03, 12:24 PM
Washing his orangutan?

LuPuWei
2010-08-03, 03:13 PM
Washing his orangutan?

With his tongue??

Sorry. :smallbiggrin:

Bongos
2010-08-03, 03:48 PM
That's how the kids are doing it these days I hear...

2010-08-03, 03:56 PM
With his tongue??

Sorry. :smallbiggrin:

No one told him orangutans smell like tuna.

Zeta Kai
2010-08-04, 12:23 PM
Calm down, everyone. He's with Elan, Haley, Durkon, & V. Comic #741, panel 8 has him chasing V's familiar.

Wild speculation is wild.

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-04, 12:55 PM
Cue theories that Mr Scruffy has already killed Blackwing off-panel in 3... 2... 1...

TheMac04
2010-08-04, 02:47 PM
Cue theories that Mr Scruffy has already killed Blackwing off-panel in 3... 2... 1...
OMG BLAKWING IS TEH DEDZORS!!1

LuPuWei
2010-08-04, 02:55 PM

Or, what if...its...the other way around?

Dun! DUN! DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Zeta Kai
2010-08-04, 04:22 PM
Or, what if...its...the other way around?

Dun! DUN! DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Oh SNAP!
:smalleek:
:biggrin:

sockmonkey
2010-08-04, 05:55 PM
Unless they join forces...
My god, the world is doomed. :smalleek:

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-04, 06:03 PM
the world is doomed even if they dont join forces. they are both = to o-chul. 3 UBER-EPIC characters who can take over the world solo! and destroy the world if they ever fight

TheFallenOne
2010-08-04, 07:52 PM
Calm down, everyone. He's with Elan, Haley, Durkon, & V. Comic #741, panel 8 has him chasing V's familiar.

Wild speculation is wild.

thus my theory has been disproved :smallfrown:

Where is Mr Scruffy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162754)+hiding something in a place no one would search (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0261.html)=Disturbing Mental Image (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0249.html)

137beth
2010-08-04, 08:08 PM
The answer is simple: sleeping. What are cats usually doing when you can't find them?

TheMac04
2010-08-04, 10:02 PM
The answer is simple: sleeping. What are cats usually doing when you can't find them?
Breaking my stuff....

Katana_Geldar
2010-08-04, 10:30 PM
Digging their litter box.

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-04, 10:51 PM
Eviscerating small creatures.

TheMac04
2010-08-04, 10:54 PM
Finding new and exciting ways to hide their oppressive collars.

Katana_Geldar
2010-08-05, 12:16 AM
Finding new and exciting places to hide from which they will emerge at dinner time.

TheMac04
2010-08-05, 12:18 AM
Finding new and exciting places to place puke so that you'll step in it.

LuPuWei
2010-08-05, 12:36 AM
Coming to think of it, have we seen a single dog in Oots yet? (aside from Belkar's weiner mount dog he rode in on)

Maybe that's what Scruffy does in his spare time off-panel... carrying out a master plan against his deadliest foes!

In which case, Scruffy is not only more genocidal than Redcloack and the Azurites combined, but also the single most effective character with a villainous motive in the strip. Assuming all dogs aren't 'evil'.

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-05, 12:40 AM
Coming to think of it, have we seen a single dog in Oots yet? (aside from Belkar's weiner mount dog he rode in on)
Dog is one of the Twelve Gods. Plus, there was one in Roy's bag of tricks, and Argent, Hinjo's mount.

Marnath
2010-08-05, 12:44 AM
Argent is a wolf, not a dog. A celestial wolf, at that!

LuPuWei
2010-08-05, 12:45 AM
Dog is one of the Twelve Gods. Plus, there was one in Roy's bag of tricks, and Argent, Hinjo's mount.

Ach! Although... Dog is a God, and Argent is a wolf and the bag of tricks is argueably the only safe place.......

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-05, 01:50 AM
Hinjo calls him a dog, so who am I to argue? :smalltongue:

EDIT: I've thought of a few more - there's Rover in this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0534.html), as well as Xykon's pet Barky in SoD, the two-headed guard dog Fido/Rover in OtOoPCs, as well as the celestial dog Wernsworth from the Dragon Magazine strips.

KoboldRevenge
2010-08-05, 04:19 AM
So what Mr. Scruffy is like Darth Vader killing all the jedi dogs?

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-05, 05:17 AM
or he is a cat jedi killing all the sith dogs?

LuPuWei
2010-08-05, 06:22 AM
EDIT: I've thought of a few more - there's Rover in this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0534.html), as well as Xykon's pet Barky in SoD, the two-headed guard dog Fido/Rover in OtOoPCs, as well as the celestial dog Wernsworth from the Dragon Magazine strips.

All dead or supernatural. And hey, maybe Scruffy has yet to complete his mission, who knows?

The more I think of it though, the more it all begins to make sense. You see, the Scruffster could easily massacre the Canine brotherhood, one by one, meticulously off panel- handing over blood oathes to offspring where necessary. But no, as you pointed out rightly, O Child of Nimrod- there remains one, an overlord too powerful to confront- the God Dog!

And lo! A larger and more sinister plan unfolds- who really benefits from the release of a god-destroying monster? Only He, who has the need to destroy a god! Truly, Scruffy has more points in Intelligence than deemed possible...until now!!!

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-05, 07:08 AM
kill all dogs then release a god-killing monster to unmake Dog the god!!! i like it!!! GO MR SCRUFFY!!! KILL THAT BASTA*D!!!

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-05, 11:33 AM
All dead or supernatural.
Fido/Rover is still alive, as far as anyone knows, and he's no more supernatural than goblins are.

LuPuWei
2010-08-05, 01:58 PM
Fido/Rover is still alive, as far as anyone knows, and he's no more supernatural than goblins are.

Isn't Rover a ghost? Or are you saying they rezzed him? Can you ressurrect animals in D&D?

suszterpatt
2010-08-05, 03:32 PM
All dead or supernatural. And hey, maybe Scruffy has yet to complete his mission, who knows?

The more I think of it though, the more it all begins to make sense. You see, the Scruffster could easily massacre the Canine brotherhood, one by one, meticulously off panel- handing over blood oathes to offspring where necessary. But no, as you pointed out rightly, O Child of Nimrod- there remains one, an overlord too powerful to confront- the God Dog!

And lo! A larger and more sinister plan unfolds- who really benefits from the release of a god-destroying monster? Only He, who has the need to destroy a god! Truly, Scruffy has more points in Intelligence than deemed possible...until now!!!mind = blown

Kish
2010-08-05, 03:35 PM
Isn't Rover a ghost? Or are you saying they rezzed him? Can you ressurrect animals in D&D?
Rover, the one-headed dog, is dead.

Fido/Rover, the two-headed dog, is alive.

TheMac04
2010-08-05, 03:35 PM
Mr. Scruffy Controls The Damn Universe!

Sothicus
2010-08-05, 05:04 PM

I think he's scouting that arena because he hasn't had a proper litter box in months!

KoboldRevenge
2010-08-06, 12:34 AM
Ach! Although... Dog is a God, and Argent is a wolf and the bag of tricks is argueably the only safe place.......

But what about the kitty in the bag of tricks (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0163.html)? or is he some sort of anarchist cat?:smallconfused::smallwink:

LuPuWei
2010-08-06, 05:13 AM
But what about the kitty in the bag of tricks (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0163.html)? or is he some sort of anarchist cat?:smallconfused::smallwink:

Surely an oppressed member of the Feline class seeking liberation from the paws of his bourgeois, Caninist ruler. Rest assured, Commrade, upon the commencement of the Revolution the irrevocable rights of all Cats will be restored. Unless it is a collaborator at which point it shall meet a swift and justifiable demise (sic semper caninis)!

Mr. Scruffy Controls The Damn Universe!

And Scruffmania begins...

KoboldRevenge
2010-08-08, 11:19 PM
Obviously Mr.Scruffy was just working Shojo to get to Argent and kill him.

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-08, 11:56 PM
He didn't do a very good job, then, did he?

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-09, 12:28 AM
maybe he was sidetracked or Argent was too well protected at the time.

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-09, 12:30 AM
He didn't do a very good job, then, did he? :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-09, 12:37 AM
you do know we are talking about a cat killing a high-powered paladin's holy mount wolf right?

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-09, 01:18 AM
Huh. And here's me thinking we were talking about a character who is

not only more genocidal than Redcloack and the Azurites combined, but also the single most effective character with a villainous motive in the strip.

He's just a cat, you say? My bad. :smallamused:

KoboldRevenge
2010-08-09, 03:39 AM
I'm seeing a battle between the Weiner dog and Mr.Scruffy for Belkar.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-09, 04:23 AM
the weiner dog was left behind in the inn remember. it was blown to smithereens! maybe scruffy is a high powered cat with class levels. he still wouldn't be able to solo a high powered paladin and his holy mount. especially if there are other paladins around that he has to kill if they see him, if he doesn't his cover is blown and any other dogs in the area will remain living (albiet in hiding)