PDA

View Full Version : Weapons of the Gladiator and his contemporaries <3.5> PEACH

Machiavellian
2010-08-02, 08:03 PM
The Sica

Description: Similar to a scimitar in shape, and shortsword in size, the sica, known in common tongues as the Rogue's Friend, is a weapon designed to defeat armored foes. The edge of this blade is inside the bend of the blade, making this an ungainly weapon to those without specialized training in this unique blade.

Exotic One-Handed Melee
Damage: 1d6 Piercing or Slashing
Critical: 19-20 x2
Special: When using this weapon against a foe armed with a shield when piercing, the foe is denied their shield bonus. Also, if used in a sneak attack while piercing, the foe is also denied an Armor bonus (excluding Natural Armor) equal to the weilder's Dexterity modifier.

Khanda
Description: A long two handed sword often called the "Executioner's Sword," This blade has a rounded and blunt tip, making this exclusively a slashing weapon. Almost perfect in its craft, these blades are highly sought after in the Arenas as a neigh garunteed victory.

Exotic Two-Handed Melee
Damage: 1d12 Slashing
Critical: 19-20 x3

More will come

Zaydos
2010-08-02, 10:02 PM
So Sica: Shortsword that grants a big bonus to hit with sneak attacks and ignores shields.

Khanda: Great-Axe with double chance of crit.

I'd say Sica is definitely better than most exotic weapons out there. Probably worth the feat to a (duel-wielding) rogue.

Khanda is like taking improved crit on great-axe but able to then have Keen Applied to it. I'd say normal power for an exotic weapon, but unlikely to be taken. I'd also make it 2d6 like greatsword instead of the 1d12 of a greataxe, but that's just me and I know people who would disagree.

Overall: Neat, I like seeing some of the stranger real-world weapons actually get some stats.

Machiavellian
2010-08-02, 10:17 PM
So Sica: Shortsword that grants a big bonus to hit with sneak attacks and ignores shields.

Khanda: Great-Axe with double chance of crit.

I'd say Sica is definitely better than most exotic weapons out there. Probably worth the feat to a (duel-wielding) rogue.

Khanda is like taking improved crit on great-axe but able to then have Keen Applied to it. I'd say normal power for an exotic weapon, but unlikely to be taken. I'd also make it 2d6 like greatsword instead of the 1d12 of a greataxe, but that's just me and I know people who would disagree.

Overall: Neat, I like seeing some of the stranger real-world weapons actually get some stats.

1. The Sica is an absolutely nasty blade designed to stab around shields. I thought that since it avoids shields, but to also find the chinks in a foes armor

2. Khanda is essentially an Executioner's Weapon