PDA

View Full Version : IC: Zombies!!! (3.5)

Jair Barik
2010-08-03, 08:11 AM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9066009#post9066009)

Your train is passing through Tagery on its way to Nulg butI believe we are getting ahead of ourselves here already so let me get back to the beggining of this. The plague began approximately two weeks ago. Isolated incidents of the dead rising from their graves initially assumed to be the work of individual necromancers. This initial theory was quickly reworked though as the populace began to realise that the dead were rising all over the place, some after only a matter of seconds. In almost all cases these were merely zombies, amongst the weakest and slowest and stupidest of the living dead but the sheer quantity had quickly begun to overwhelm the population. With no explenation worked out about the cause and no succesful attempts at stopping it mass evacuation was quickly agreed to be the correct route. For the past three days the Country of Tulis has been evacuating as many survivors as possible to the eastern continent of Dret, a land as of yet unscathed by the plague. Which is where you are headed. The train carriage holds the five of you (all strangers) and is on its way to safety rattling across the rails as it goes.

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-03, 08:17 AM
"Fleeing is pointless. Zombies are relentless; they'll catch us eventually," murmurs Ford as he goes to sit by the nearest window or opening, watching carefully for anything that might endanger the train.

SPOT: 1d20+5

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-03, 08:30 AM
Can't fix the roll so I'll try a new one.

Spot: [roll0]

Critical
2010-08-03, 08:53 AM
"Attacking them is pointless as well, my friend. We might as well flee if we want a chance to survive." - Johnny responds, trying to stay cool.

Look up the appearance in my character sheet. :smallwink:

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 09:00 AM
Yuu looks up from the book he was reading (Arcane Magic for Dummies) and speaks from across the isle. "Yeah, this plague is getting pretty bad. The clerics really should hurry up and find a cure to this disease. I wonder if they checked to make sure everyone on this train is still healthy... the last thing we want is to spread the disease to Dret. It's crucial we keep a good quarantine."

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-03, 09:17 AM
Finally tearing himself away from the window, Ford stands and replies, "It's only a matter of time. With so many refugees, the Dret army couldn't possibly check every passenger while keeping the borders secure. The priority shouldn't be running way; we should find someplace to hole up and start killing them. . . The dead can't rise if the bodies are burned." Then, realizing his rudeness, he offers his hand and adds, "My apologies. Ford. I specialize in. . . acquisitions. A pleasure to meet you, and welcome to Godforsaken Hellhole."

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 09:37 AM
"Nice to meet you. I'm Yuu of the Mooncrush.. ah, I mean, I'm Yuu of rural Tulis. I'm a scholar, hoping to become a wizard one day." Yuu then looks down and realizes that he's wearing a Chain Shirt and has a Spiked Chain on his desk. "Ah, haha, I just put these on since it seems like everyone else is doing so."

Yuu considers Ford's words. "Well, the medical books definitely speak of using fires to cauterize wounds and the like, but do you really think it'll cure the sick? I mean, I could imagine if we apply too much fire, we could accidentally kill these people we're trying to save... and while healing some is better than healing none, we should try to come up with a method that's a bit more reliable."

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-03, 09:55 AM
"My apologies for not being clearer," Ford replies smoothly, "But I meant that the corpses of the recently-dead should be burned, to stop their inevitable zombification."

Critical
2010-08-03, 10:32 AM
"True." - the blond man adds to the two people talking, making himself more comfortable. - "Johnny Napalm, by the way."

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 01:04 PM
"Well, I suppose we could, but I don't really see how that helps, since the dead are dead and won't be doing anything. Top priority should still be to do something about all of these sick people.." Yuu turns and looks at Johnny. "Pleasure to meet you. Where do you hail from?"

Critical
2010-08-03, 02:20 PM
"Me? I'm from Tulis. Was just ready to get out and see the world... Well, I guess, everything was done for me, wasn't it? Ow, and burning the dead WILL do something, my friend. No more walking corpses, duh!" - he says, ending with a chuckle.

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 02:26 PM
Yuu chuckles at the joke. "Well of course. The dead can't walk to begin with, and burning corpses sure won't bring them back to life! Well, at least if they're not phoenixes..."

Critical
2010-08-03, 02:30 PM
"They may be to some extent, because they'll let US live when they are burned!" - Johnny laughs again, tapping Yuu on the shoulder as he does it.

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 02:38 PM
Yuu doesn't really get the last joke, but chuckles along with the man anyway, in an attempt to be friendly. Johnny and Ford didn't seem the violent sort, so Yuu figured they could all get along even if not everyone had the same sense of humor.

Critical
2010-08-03, 02:52 PM
"What's this book you're reading, by the way?" - Johnny asks, taking a break from laughing and inspecting Yuu's book a little bit closer. - "Arcane Magic for Dummies... Wanting to be a wizard, eh?"

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 03:56 PM
"Yes, in fact!" Yuu's countenance brightens immediately at Johnny's words. "You wouldn't happen to be one, would you?"

Yuu continues, "I've been trying to harness my internal powers, and I think I've been feeling my Spiked Chain heat up and cool down a bit at times, although not really enough to call it Heat Metal or Chill Metal spell. I don't know. Maybe I'm hallucinating it. I've also been trying to turn myself Invisible by concentrating really hard, and some people have said that it does looks like I fade a little away from sight... If you could actually mentor me or something, that would be great!"

OOC:

Yuu will be taking his next level in Swordsage. The heating and chilling he observed, of course, are early attempts at Shadow Blade Technique and Burning Blade. And the quasi-invisibility is an attempt at the Child of Shadow stance.

Demons_eye
2010-08-03, 05:29 PM
Gregory listens silently not giving his true feelings away with face. It would be hard to do so even if he tried, though, as his face was smeared in black and white paint. Blinking he reveals even his eye lids are painted black.

He did not like traveling by train but traveling in groups even out his qualms. Greg turns to Yuu and says "I have seen much in the swamps. One mans 'magic' is another mans 'nature'. Different paths lead to the same destination."

Critical
2010-08-03, 06:14 PM
Johnny laughs. "Haha, a wizard? Me? Hell no!" He then looks up to the non-cheerful man who commented on the matter, yet, Johnny smiled at the stranger and nodded. "I may be no wizard, but I can certainly heat things up..." - he says, lifting his staff and giving one of it's ends to Yuu. - "Hold it."

ghostaxe
2010-08-03, 08:20 PM
Yuu gingerly holds the end of the staff with 3 fingers, both expectant and fearful at what might happen next.

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-03, 08:53 PM
Ford watches carefully from the back of the group, trying to take in what he can of his new companions.

Critical
2010-08-04, 07:58 AM
The staff slowly heats up, becoming warm at the end Yuu touches it. Johnny smiles as he sees Yuu feel the heat. "How's that?"

Basically, using a lesser version of Burning Blade here.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 10:22 AM
"Awesome!"

OOC:

Let's get on with the plot?

Critical
2010-08-04, 11:11 AM
"Yeah." With a quick flip off the staff, Johnny puts it in some kind of sheath on his back, designed so it could be gotten out quickly.

Recovering the maneuver, waiting on the advancement. :smallsmile:

Rumel
2010-08-04, 01:19 PM
Rumel comes out of his meditation to see the other survivors already introduced themselfs. He goes up to everyone and asked them "Nice to meet you what is your name?"

Critical
2010-08-04, 02:24 PM
Johnny turns to the meditating man, slightly annoyed. "Didn't you hear? And ain't it polite to introduce yourself first?"

Rumel
2010-08-04, 02:27 PM
Rumel says I'm sorry,My name is Rumel. In a slightly sarcastic way.

Critical
2010-08-04, 02:30 PM
Johnny gives Rumel a slight smile. "You're not like the usual monks, eh, Rumel?"

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 02:37 PM
Whilst you are speaking the train comes to a grinding halt at the station. None of you were aware that it was even meant tp be stopping here and the doors don't open.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 02:40 PM
Yuu instinctively grabs his weapon and stands up, before sheepishly sitting down again and putting his spiked chain back on the table top. "Er.. that's odd, I don't believe we're supposed to stop here. Should we see what the situation is?"

Critical
2010-08-04, 02:42 PM
Johnny smiles yet again, drawing out his short swords. "...I thought you'd never ask."

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 02:46 PM
Yuu is momentarily torn between his instincts for taking his weapon with him, and leaving it on the table to preserve his guise of being a typical scholar. After some hesitation, the barbarian takes his weapon, stands up, and looks out the window.

Demons_eye
2010-08-04, 02:54 PM
"Whats ta problem mon?" Greg asks the one one called Yuu

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 02:57 PM
Outside the train station appears to be empty bar a lone corpse shambling up and down the platform in a luminecent shirt with a yellow plastic helmet on his head and a shortsword at his side.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 03:00 PM
(Question: Are the windows open/can the windows be opened?)

Yuu frowns. "There's a man out there. The man looks sick, so as much as I would like to help him, I don't think we should let him onto the train. I hope the conductor also knows how important this quarantine is.."

Yuu walks toward the front of the train. "I better go and remind the conductor and the receptionist."

(Question: Which car number (counting from the front) are we in, and what does the connection between the train cars look like?)

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 03:30 PM
Ford subtly draws a dagger, watching the door to the train compartment.

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 03:35 PM
The door to the next carriage stubbornly refuses to open. There is however an emergency release handle next to the door adjacent to an emergency stop lever, fire hose and fire axe.

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 03:36 PM
Seeing his companions' intent to investigate, Ford stands and offers, Would you like me to see if I can do anything about those doors?"

Critical
2010-08-04, 03:36 PM
Johnny follows Yuu, spinning his short swords in his hands as he walks, ready to fight if necessary.

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 03:38 PM
Embarrassed at not having spotted the emergency lever, Ford sheepishly follows Johnny after Yuu.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:06 PM
Rumel grabs his staff and hides his daggers in his pockets. Then he follows the rest of the group.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 04:07 PM
Yuu deliberates for a moment. "Well, Ford, I don't suppose you can do anything to unjam that door, could you? I would prefer not to damage public property, but this is most unusual.."

Yuu also looks a bit concerned that Johnny has drawn his weapons.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:09 PM
Rumel says "If someone can give me a lift I can make it to the front cart and ask whats going on."

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:09 PM
Ford attempts to open the door.

[roll0]

Demons_eye
2010-08-04, 04:11 PM
"My juujuu gots nahtin for locked doors I am afraid." Greg says walking up behind them all. He is using his staff as a walking stick but is not holding it like one.

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 04:12 PM
Before anyone touches the emergency lever a voice buzzes in over the intercom.

-brrrzzzzztttt----"Hello all you, were just havin some troubles here, obstruction on the rails upahead. Main rail lights are down and our own aint workin for some reason. If you all want to be stayin inside we'll try and get this cleared up and then be on our way."

Above you there is a dull thudding on the roof.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:14 PM
Rumel says "Nevermind I'll just try on my own"

Climb: [roll0]

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:14 PM
"Obstruction...?" murmurs Ford as he abandons his attempts to open the door. "The hell kind of 'obstruction' can stop a train?" He moves towards the nearest window and cranes his neck, trying to see to the front of the train.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 04:16 PM
Yuu looks curiously over Ford's shoulder and at his tools. "Those keys look kind of funny. Can they really open doors?"

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:18 PM
Rumel meditates while waiting for something to happen.

(question: how do we know if our rolls work?)

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:18 PM
"They can if you know how to use them," Ford replies absently.

Spot: [roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 04:21 PM
Ford's attempt to open the door fails and he cannot see anything through the window, the angle being all wrong for getting a view of the front of the train.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 04:28 PM
Yuu reaches into his pack and takes out his lantern. He lights it and puts in on the nearest table, as if expecting to lose train lighting at any point. Yuu nervously looks to his various companions, before looking up at the ceiling.

EDIT: Weapon is in hand after lighting lantern.

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:30 PM
Ford backs away from the window, and looks more closely at the train compartment to see if there is anything that could be useful either to open the door or be used as a makeshift torch.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:30 PM
Rumel asks Yuu "Do you think you can make a hole in the cileing and toss me up. I can let down my silk threads so you can climb up." (my threads can be used as ropes if you read description)

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:33 PM
Glancing up, Ford replies, "I don't think I have anything with me strong enough to open up the ceiling . . . and judging by the noises we're hearing, climbing out would not be the best of ideas."

Critical
2010-08-04, 04:34 PM
"Daww." - Johnny says, when the attempt to open the door fails and then sheathes his weapons. He then turns to Rumel, suggesting to make a hole in the train. - "Oh, come on, you monks should have some freaking respect for public property! Just open the freaking door with those fancy tools of yours or burst it out with your shoulder, duh!"

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 04:35 PM
Yuu looks at the monk in disbelief. "But the voice on the intercom told us to stay here, and it seems horribly rude to make a giant hole in the ceiling of a train. I mean, shouldn't we wait at least half an hour or so before doing anything crazy?"

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:36 PM
Accepting the consensus, Ford takes his seat once again - but keeps his dagger in hand under the table.

Critical
2010-08-04, 04:37 PM
Johnny turns to Yuu. "But I want some freaking fresh air! Why'd I just sit here while they are going to fix all that stuff for some time?"

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:38 PM
Rumel says "I'm not a normal monk, with the world at war one hole shouldnt kill anyone but if you want ill try to crawl out again"

[roll0]

Demons_eye
2010-08-04, 04:40 PM
"Men who seek trouble often find it. Lets set down and wait for some orders mon." Greg advises as he goes back to sit down.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:42 PM
Rumel falls to the ground after a failed attempt and says "Are we just gonna live in here or are we gonna get out, You hear the thing on the roof so someone must have done it already"

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:47 PM
"Or," Ford offers, "'The thing on the roof' could be hostile, and waiting here where we can best defend ourselves is the smartest option."

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 04:50 PM
Yuu suddenly leaps up, and rushes into his original seat. After digging through his pack, he brings out a heavy tome titled "Languages of every sort."

Flipping through it, he stops at a page somewhere in the middle, mutters some words to himself, and rushes back to the door. He then starts tapping on the door with his hammer, strongly enough to make long Long-short-long sounds, but light enough not to damage the structure.

OOC:

Morse-code equivalent in DnD! Uh, I guess Yuu tries to say, "Can you see anything?"

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:50 PM
Rumel says "it seems like nobody wants too so it must be a bad idea but we have to find a way out nontheless."

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:51 PM
Ford eyes Yuu, curious as to what the strange traveler is trying to do now.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:52 PM
Rumel asks "what are you doing" to yuu

Critical
2010-08-04, 04:52 PM
"...Yeah, but it'd be best if we find it first." - Johnny responds to Greg and curiously inspects what Yuu is doing. - "Sending a code or something?"

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 04:53 PM
"Oh, it's called a Morsh code, I think. Some goblins developed it with torches to communicate across long distances. I guess not many people know it, but it's possible someone over on the other car does..."

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:54 PM
"What are you telling them Yuu"

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 04:55 PM
Growing impatient, Ford once again stands and moves towards the emergency lever.

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 04:55 PM
"Just asking if they see anything unusual."

OOC:

But really, just waiting for the next event, or half an hour, to pass.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:57 PM
Rumel has a strange feeling. He anticipates something coming, but he cant tell what it is.

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 04:58 PM
There is another dull thump and a slight tapping on the roof but it is nothing intelligible in Morsh code.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 04:59 PM
Rumel taps the cieling with his staff to see if the noise is a person not just a rock falling.

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 05:00 PM
Meeting no direct resistance from his companions, Ford pulls the 'open' lever and swiftly steps back from the door, dagger in hand in case of zombies.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 05:01 PM
Rumel slowly walks out the door leading with his staff.

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 05:05 PM
With a crunch the door pops open letting a cold wind flow into the cabin. Outside the worker doesn't appear to have noticed you.

Critical
2010-08-04, 05:06 PM
"Ahh, finally, fresh air." - Johnny says, stepping outside and breathing in.

Rumel
2010-08-04, 05:06 PM
Rumel slowly aproaches the worker again leading with his staff

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 05:07 PM
Ford grabs the fire axe and slings it across his back for later use, and readies his dagger for throwing once the shambler gets near enough (within 10 feet would be ideal).

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 05:10 PM
Yuu puts his hammer and books back into his pack, and walks out with his weapon in one hand and his lantern in the other.

Yuu looks around trying to see if any of the other passengers from other cars have come outside.

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 05:15 PM
The worker lunges towards Rumel clobering him with one of its limbs (2 damage). The workers flesh is clearly rotten and his teeth hang lose in his mouth. From on top of the train carriage a large lump of bloated flesh falls ontop of Johnny. Reeking of rot it has eight legs extending from its bloated form and tries miserably to take a bite out of Mr. Napalm to no avail.

(Combat. Yuu, Johhny and Rumel act first)

[roll0] Johhny
[roll1] gregory
[roll2] Yuu
[roll3] Rumel
[roll4] Ford

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10] [roll11] DC12 [roll12]

Rumel
2010-08-04, 05:17 PM
(what did you just do other than roll for initiative)

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 05:28 PM
The worker lunges towards Rumel clobering him with one of its limbs (2 damage). The workers flesh is clearly rotten and his teeth hang lose in his mouth. From on top of the train carriage a large lump of bloated flesh falls ontop of Johnny. Reeking of rot it has eight legs extending from its bloated form and tries miserably to take a bite out of Mr. Napalm to no avail.

(Combat. Yuu, Johhny and Rumel act first)

Is Yuu in Line of sight to charge the mass of flesh? Assuming so:

Free: Yuu drops Lantern to grip weapon with both hands.
Free: Yuu activates Whirling Frenzy
Full-round: Yuu charges and pounces on the mass of flesh (+5/+5):

Attack roll: [roll0], Damage: [roll1] (piercing)
Attack roll: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]

"I don't know what the heck you are, but you're no human, and you tried to attack my friend!"

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 05:37 PM
Yuu manages to strike the creature once but in his frenzy his second blow misses completely.

Critical
2010-08-04, 05:44 PM
Seeing a battle raging on, Johnny takes on some kind of strange stance, takes out his short swords and moves closer to the battle, being surrounded by a shadow as he does it, disappearing into the night.

Swift Action - Child of Shadow stance
Move action - Draw short swords
Move action - Get close to the zombie(not in TWF mode yet for the purposes of AoO's), hiding in it on the move - [roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 05:52 PM
As Johnny moves towards the zombie the creature nearby takes another bite at him but once again it misses.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

ghostaxe
2010-08-04, 06:01 PM
Acting for Rumel:

If Rumel is within 10' of an enemy, he takes a 5' step and flurries with TWF:

[roll0] damage: [roll1]
[roll2] damage: [roll3]
[roll4] damage: [roll5]

If not, Rumel moves/charges nearest opponent:

[roll6] damage: [roll7] (+2 to attack roll if charging)

Jair Barik
2010-08-04, 06:05 PM
Two of Rumel's attacks hit but one of them bounces harmlessly off of the worker. The worker then takes a swing back at Rumel but his wild flailings completely miss.

(Ford and Gregory act next)

[roll0] [roll1]

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-04, 06:10 PM
If within 5 feet of the eight-legged plaguebeast, Ford swings his dagger.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1](slashing)

If he is not within 5 feet, he instead throws his dagger and draws another.
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3](piercing)

Ford has Point Blank and Precise Shot, so there should be no difficulties throwing into combat.

Demons_eye
2010-08-04, 06:15 PM
Gregory charges at the eight legged thing bringing his staff down with all his force. He braces for the attack to come from the beast and curses in druidic.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

Edit:

Spell list

0-level
Light x2
Mending

1st-level
Shillelagh
Goodberry

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 04:20 AM
Ford's dagger throw completely misses the eight legged creature and Gregory's staff simply bounces off of it. In return the creature sinks its fangs into Gregory's chest 6 damage). The bite is horribly painful and Gregory can feel some strange liquid being pumped into his veins but he shrugs off any harmful effects.

(Yuu, Johhny and Rumel act next)

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Rumel
2010-08-05, 10:30 AM
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 10:33 AM
Rumel lands two blows on the zombie but only one seems to do any actual damage.

ghostaxe
2010-08-05, 10:37 AM
Yuu continues his string of attacks.

[roll0] damage [roll1]
[roll2] damage [roll3]

He then takes a 5' step back away from the monster.

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 10:42 AM
Yuu lands a second blow on the creature but it still stands and his attacks still seem to be lacking the impact they should have.

Critical
2010-08-05, 10:56 AM
Johnny tries to slip behind the zombie and slashes it with all his might.

5-foot step to make a flank(possible, I think, if not, substract 2 from attack rolls.
[roll0] [roll1] (slashing)
[roll2] [roll3] (slashing)

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 11:16 AM
Johnny strikes a succesful cut deep into the workers flesh but it retaliates in turn biting its new aggressors flesh (3 damage)

(Ford and Gregory act next)

[roll0] [roll1]

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-05, 11:22 AM
Ford throws a second dagger, and draws a third from his boot.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (piercing)

And when his turn comes up again, rinse and repeat.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] (piercing)

Edit: I haven't been factoring in Sneak Attack, if the plaguebeast is alive and not some sort of bizarro zombified spider.

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 11:28 AM
Ford lands a dagger into the creatures hide but it doesn't seem to feel pain despite the oozing cut his weapon leaves.

Demons_eye
2010-08-05, 05:55 PM
Gregory drops his staff and pulls two weapons of his own. These two daggers where made for casting spells and cutting things open but combat was not out of mind when they were forged "Ford, how many of those things do ya have mon?

He then brings down one dagger on the spider thing.

Demons_eye
2010-08-05, 05:57 PM
Forgot attack rolls ><

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

Jair Barik
2010-08-06, 04:35 AM
Gregory's dagger cuts deep into the creatures head and it drops to the ground, an oozing pile of legs and body.

(Yuu, Johhny and Rumel act next)

Critical
2010-08-06, 05:50 AM
"Eat this!" - Johnny said, trying to slash the zombie.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Jair Barik
2010-08-06, 06:58 AM
Both cuts land hits on the worker and he drops dead to the ground from his wounds, his skull making a sickening crunch and smashes into the concrete floor.

Critical
2010-08-06, 03:09 PM
Johnny spins the short swords in his hands after netting the kill. "Lets hurry up to the driver!" - he says, and starts running towards the driver's wagon.

Rumel
2010-08-06, 03:35 PM
Rumel rushes to the drivers area with Jhonny putting away his staff and grabbing out his kamas.

Jair Barik
2010-08-06, 03:48 PM
Johnny and Rumel run down the platform in the direction of the drivers carriage but neither sees what it is that stops them in their traps as they are snared by some invisible net that holds them in place.

Map

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/dragonhunter55/trainmap.png
Colours are coordinated to character voices, black x=dead enemies, red x=starting carriage. Blue is a window, red bars are doors, the light grey is a staircase and the filled in area is the walls.

[roll0] Rumel
[roll1] Johnny

Rumel
2010-08-06, 04:07 PM
Rumel struggles to get out.

Strength check [roll0]
or
Escape artist check [roll1] (i dont know which to use :smallbiggrin:)

Critical
2010-08-06, 08:29 PM
Johnny tries to slip out of the net. "Ahh! What is this?!?"

[roll0] - Escape Artist

Demons_eye
2010-08-06, 11:29 PM
Gregory walks over to the snared allies and pokes at the restraints with his dagger. "I tink they gona need some help mon."

Jair Barik
2010-08-07, 01:19 PM
Johnny manages to detatch himself from the net but Rumel has no such luck. Whatever the net is it doesn't appear to be attatched to the train but you notice the carriage next to you has had its windows borded up. You hear a slight groaning and then the already damaged looking doors give way and a group of infected looking people spill out into the station.

(Initiative order, Yuu and Rumel go first)

Map

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/dragonhunter55/trainmap-1.png

[roll0] Johhny
[roll1] gregory
[roll2] Yuu
[roll3]Rumel
[roll4] Ford

[roll5]

ghostaxe
2010-08-07, 02:16 PM
Yuu was still recovering from his shock that his friend Johnny has killed a human (even if the latter was attacking Johnny), when suddenly the mass of sick poured out of the train car, and threatened to engulf the group.

Yuu moves 10 ft south and shouts out, "I don't want to hurt you people, but stay away! You're infected! If you approach any further, I'm going to have to hit you! Greg, Johnny, Rumel: get behind me, quickly!" Yuu has switched to using the Axe.

Ready an action to attack anyone hostile who successful manages to get within 5' of Yuu.

Attack roll, as necessary.

I'm assuming Yuu is fatigued from the end of the Whirling Frenzy. If sufficient time has passed for him to recover, add +1 to attack rolls and +2 to damage.

A1: [roll0] D1:[roll1]

Oops, bad math. The attack roll is one higher (+1 STR, +1 BAB).

Rumel
2010-08-07, 02:48 PM
Rumel says "Yuu, if you havent noticed im still stuck in this net... A little help please!"

[roll0] Escape artist check

Jair Barik
2010-08-07, 02:56 PM
Rumel manages to escape the net.

The zombies advance upon you swinging their limbs wildly. They miss Gregory but two hit Rumel (8 damage) and one hits Johnny (6 damage).

(everyone can act in any order now)

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]

ghostaxe
2010-08-07, 03:40 PM
Um... so, who's unconscious already?

Critical
2010-08-07, 03:41 PM
"Arrgh! Too many of them" - Johnny says, getting away, with a shadow surrounding him again, a little bit slow because of his injuries. - "IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?"

Withdraw action to basically get behind Yuu, roll tumble checks if needed.

Rumel
2010-08-07, 03:47 PM
Rumel falls to the ground with a moan and lies unconcious with -1 hp.

ghostaxe
2010-08-07, 04:21 PM
Yuu picks up Rumel (move action) and move northeast 20' (due to load). The axe is in the other hand.

Tumble check, if necessary, to avoid AoO: [roll0]

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, Yuu is moving to an area where none of the present zombies can charge him, due to the wall corner.

Rumel
2010-08-07, 04:28 PM
[roll0] stabilazation

Demons_eye
2010-08-07, 09:39 PM
Seeing his new ally get knocked down then dragged to saftey Gregory follows while watching his back. He pulls some berries out of his pocket and chants some words over them. He holds them out for some non zombie to take and says ''Someone force these down 'is throat mon."

Casting Good Berry for [roll0] HP heal

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-08, 02:15 PM
"Several," Ford replies to the druid, But not nearly enough for this. Let's get the hell out of here."

Jair Barik
2010-08-08, 02:39 PM
Two of the zombies get snagged in the net but the rest all advance upon you, getting into close quarters but unable to attack yet.

(You guys go)

Rumel
2010-08-08, 02:41 PM
(Rumel stays unconcious :smallbiggrin:)

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-08, 10:47 PM
I'm a-slashin' the nearest zombie, provided I can do so without provoking an AoO.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Does not include flanking, if applicable.

EDIT: I'm back in town with a solid internet connection.

DOUBLE EDIT: The above is only if running is not a viable option (no exits visible or reachable, etc.)

Critical
2010-08-09, 06:27 AM
"We should retreat, you fools! There's too many of 'em!" - Johnny says, getting into defensive posture and stepping back a little.

Demons_eye
2010-08-11, 12:45 PM
Gregory pulls out some powder and mutters some more words in a strange tongue before pushing on the fallen allies chest.

[roll]1d20+3[roll] Stabilize Check

Damn it

Demons_eye
2010-08-11, 12:47 PM
Gregory pulls out some powder and mutters some more words in a strange tongue before pushing on the fallen allies chest. Seeing his ally wake up Gregory says "Hay mon, we need ta be leaving now, eat these and run for it"

[roll0] Stabilize Check

Taking my move action to move away from zombies

Jair Barik
2010-08-14, 04:12 AM
The party manages to withdraw and the berries are administered to Rumel. You make it back out of the zombies reach for the time being but three of the zombies are still loose.

Critical
2010-08-14, 04:17 AM
"Aww, hell no! I'm not dying from a freaking animated corpse!" - Johnny said, starting to run, leaving behind the usual dark matter.

Running! :smallbiggrin:

Jair Barik
2010-08-14, 06:09 AM
There are only a few obvious options available to you for places to run. Back into the train carriage, down the opposite end of the platform towards the bacl of the train (due to the lights being out you cannot make out precisely what is down there) or further into the station. From where you currently stand you can see that there is two stair ways leading up towards the surface and a glass office front with a door marked 'employees only'.

Critical
2010-08-14, 06:21 AM
Deciding that zombies would be polite enough, Johnny rushes to the "employees only" door.

Rumel
2010-08-14, 06:23 AM
Rumel follows Jhonny so he will have a teammate to protect him.

Jair Barik
2010-08-17, 02:16 PM
The door opens with a little force into a small corridor. One door leads off of it into the newspaper and help stand where the glass is, another is marked as a toilet, another as a supplies closet and the last is labelled with a sign stating 'maintenance only.'

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-17, 10:58 PM
Into the maintenance section we go!

Critical
2010-08-18, 08:30 AM
"We'll need supplies, you brick!" - Johnny says, getting into the supply room. - "Me and someone else get the supplies, while another someone else holds the door!"

Rumel
2010-08-18, 09:24 AM
"I'll get the door" says rumel.

Jair Barik
2010-08-18, 09:45 AM
Ford opens the door into the maintenance section. Surprisingly it isn't locked but it offers some resistance as there is a body slumped on the other side, dead with a hand radio on him he appears to be another worker. As the door swings open there is a loud ringing noise and a red light on the ceiling begins flashing intermitantly and screeching like an alarm. The three zombies are slowly closing in on you and the other two from the net appear to have freed themselves. Opening the supplies door several mops and brooms fall out onto Jhonny. It is a small supply closet perhaps big enough for one person. The maintenance section is an empty tunnel that goes down a few steps before headed off to a junction that heads both left and right with a door at the end of the main passage. Covered wires and pipes lace the walls.

Rumel
2010-08-30, 12:13 PM
Rumel says If ya don't mind I'll get in the closet one more hit and I'm done

OOC: who are we waiting for :smallbiggrin:

Jair Barik
2010-08-30, 12:22 PM
(Well everyone really. Nobody has posted since I last updated the thread:smallannoyed:)

Rumel
2010-08-30, 12:44 PM
Why does that always happen you start a thread then poof nobody said anything

Sheep Overlord
2010-08-30, 02:57 PM
I've been waiting on Ghostaxe; if I remember correctly he hasn't posted since we ditched the battle.

But if we're continuing without him, Ford grabs the hand-radio from the dead worker (by dead you mean dead-dead, right, not mostly-dead and not walking-dead?) and double moves down to the junction, checking the corners and being careful of the ceiling for fear of another plague spider.

Critical
2010-08-30, 04:15 PM
Finding nothing in the closet Johnny follows Fords example.

Jair Barik
2010-08-30, 04:31 PM
Ford grabs the hand radio and hears some sound coming through it (though what is completely inaudible due to the noise of the alarm).

Johnny and Ford then head down to the intersection where they can see two paths. One leads down to a wire gate that appears to lead into a darkened tunnel. The other leads to a pair of doors, one smash apart the other closed.

If he so wishes there is enough space for Rumel to get into the closet.

Rumel
2010-08-30, 06:48 PM
OOC: I feel stupid for going in the closet now

I follow them into the hall

Rumel
2010-08-31, 11:32 PM
Rumel uses some of the mops to try to barricade the door.

OOC: can I do that :smallbiggrin: