PDA

View Full Version : d20 future

Ponderthought
2010-08-03, 03:31 PM
Im thinking of running a sort of bastard child of d20 future and Mutants and Masterminds, and im wondering if anyone has any advice, because ive never run anything outside of dnd 3.5.

Oracle_Hunter
2010-08-03, 03:59 PM
Why bother with the hybrid? Is there something about M&M you felt needed the 3.5 touch?

If it's just a matter of comfort, I'd say run pure M&M - it's always a good time to learn a new system :smallsmile:

Ponderthought
2010-08-03, 05:58 PM
I sort of dislike the lack of classes in M&M, and I wanted to run the game in a far off future, and d20Future has nifty rules for stuff like that.

The basic concept was going to be a far future earth, where the Eurasian landmass has been broken down into chaotic, warring city-states. The PC's are a group of specially talented (low level superfolk) who band together to end the chaos by uniting the continent.

The Rose Dragon
2010-08-03, 08:18 PM
If you want something closer to M&M with classes, try True20. It has Expert, Warrior and Adept, with feats being the only difference between members of the same classes (but you get 23 of them).

Ponderthought
2010-08-03, 09:49 PM
Ill have to look that up, so far i was trying to hammer out some sort of future classes and abilities with a small number of power points at each level, so that the PC's could either dabble in a number of small scale powers or focus all of their points into one power and become really good at it. I think abberant d20 might be better for that though.

Another question..is a mad villain with an orbital laser alittle much?

The Glyphstone
2010-08-03, 10:22 PM
I'd said it's the bare minimum, if admittedly a little cliche.

Rappy
2010-08-04, 04:40 AM
Blood and Vigilance is a supers system somewhat similar to Mutants and Masterminds, but geared specifically toward the d20 Modern system. You may want to look into that.

If you are set on using M&M, though, I think it could work with a little finangling. Most of the powers wouldn't need too much adjustment to run on a class system basis.