PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Necromancer Advice and rules questions

Ilmryn
2010-08-03, 04:54 PM
I have finally decided to try playing a necromancer, and i have the build pretty much together, but i need some advice.

First of all, I do not have access to Libris Mortis, so please don't give me any advice from it. Someone likely will anyways...:smallannoyed:

The build I'm looking at is a gestalt Wizard6//Cleric3/Geomancer3. General advice on feats, spells etc. would be apreciated.

I also have some more specific questions.

What are the best creatures to animate as skeletons/Zombies? I am thinking a marilith and a 8- headed hydra, right now; I only have MM1 and 2 for monsters, so don't suggest War Troll...
The monster manual says that a skeleton or zombie with more than 20 HD can't be created with animate dead. However, the actual spell description imposes no such limit; it only says that you cant animate a body with more HD than your CL*2(CL*3 with deathbound domain). The limit makes even less sense when you can animate your CL*3 in HD, as it quickly renders that abilty useless... Is there any errata, etc that clears up this problem?
About how many cubic feet would a large skeleton take up? A huge one? What do you think a Bag of holding that would empy out all it contents with a command word as a swift action would cost? (My DM is rather inexperienced, he would likely just ask the playground this if i asked him...)

NeutralAwesome
2010-08-03, 05:34 PM
Don't know if you've seen this but it has some nice info. Even if you don't follow what he says its worth taking a look at.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872726/Revised_Necromancer_Handbook