PDA

View Full Version : This is the weirdest idea ever made...

ExtravagantEvil
2010-08-03, 06:38 PM
The film American Beauty as a hack n' slash adventure/campaign, how can it be done?

grarrrg
2010-08-03, 07:33 PM
The film American Beauty as a hack n' slash adventure/campaign, how can it be done?

Dude, you need to lay off the no mind control citizen, go back to your fun.

Vitruviansquid
2010-08-03, 07:37 PM
I can make weird ideas too, by stringing together the first two concepts that come into my mind. What counts is that *you* tell *me* how it works. >_>

ExtravagantEvil
2010-08-03, 08:01 PM
That's the thing, I don't know how to do this, but the idea sprung to my mind. I'm wondering if anyone else can take this mind shattering, inconceivable "thing" and turn it into something manageable.

FMArthur
2010-08-03, 08:04 PM
Does it have to be fun?

Pechvarry
2010-08-03, 11:15 PM

Use a Call of Cthulhu-esque sanity stat to determine when you kill yourself or other PCs. Have harmless and mundane things damage your sanity ("getting laid", "listening to classical music", "talking to your family") while awkward and illegal activity brings back sanity ("My character spends our 2 months of between-moral-quest downtime videotaping plastic bags", "I attempt to hit rock bottom by turning pedo").

Naturally, the hack'n'slash aspect should help keep sanity high.

Vulkarius
2010-08-03, 11:42 PM
And do you get visions of cheerleaders with rose petals?

Although revealing the day the PCs die may kill the suspense.

BobVosh
2010-08-04, 01:59 AM
Use a Call of Cthulhu-esque sanity stat to determine when you kill yourself or other PCs. Have harmless and mundane things damage your sanity ("getting laid", "listening to classical music", "talking to your family") while awkward and illegal activity brings back sanity ("My character spends our 2 months of between-moral-quest downtime videotaping plastic bags", "I attempt to hit rock bottom by turning pedo").

Naturally, the hack'n'slash aspect should help keep sanity high.

I can't help but feel I would make Patrick Bateman pretty much everytime I ever tried anything like this.

Starfols
2010-08-04, 02:11 AM
Just be a group of marauding orcs, running through the studio. Hilarity will ensue by default.

BobVosh
2010-08-04, 03:52 AM
Just be a group of marauding orcs, running through the studio. Hilarity will ensue by default.

Make sure time travel occurs and join the cowboys in blazing saddles for their fight.

faceroll
2010-08-04, 04:01 AM
I can't help but feel I would make Patrick Bateman pretty much everytime I ever tried anything like this.

Feed me a stray cat.