PDA

View Full Version : Blogging....

TheMac04
2010-08-03, 08:11 PM
http://musingsfromanidiot.blogspot.com/

The whole thing sort of grew out of boredom, but I'm starting to get an idea of what I'm going to do with it. The basic concept will be that each post will be about something completely different, based around on observation of the world itself or of the way people are. I'm hoping I'll get better at writing this way.

Currently has two posts that aren't very good, but hopefully the blog as a whole will get better once I come up with some better things to talk about. But in all honestly, it's really just something fun for me to do.

Mr. Mud
2010-08-03, 08:27 PM
I liked the invisible chart bit.

Keep it up, you have a viewer army of one strong :smallwink:.

TheMac04
2010-08-03, 10:26 PM
Good to know it doesn't totally suck. I can never tell if what I right is funny.

Starfols
2010-08-04, 02:09 AM
Random humor isn't really my thing, but I see lots of potential, especially in your writing style. I look forward to seeing how it develops. :smallsmile:

Also, can you get a color scheme other than red on black? @_@

TheMac04
2010-08-04, 09:30 AM
Random humor isn't really my thing, but I see lots of potential, especially in your writing style. I look forward to seeing how it develops. :smallsmile:

Also, can you get a color scheme other than red on black? @_@
I've always been a fan of black and red together, but if a lot of people complain then I'll change it.

Dogmantra
2010-08-04, 10:29 AM
White on black all the way.

valadil
2010-08-04, 02:10 PM
I've always been a fan of black and red together, but if a lot of people complain then I'll change it.

Red on black isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the red and black you've used here clash in a bad way. On my screen there's just a little too much contrast and the text isn't readable until I zoom in 4 times. Instead of bright red on subdued black, how about subdued red on sheer black?

TheMac04
2010-08-04, 03:52 PM
Red on black isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the red and black you've used here clash in a bad way. On my screen there's just a little too much contrast and the text isn't readable until I zoom in 4 times. Instead of bright red on subdued black, how about subdued red on sheer black?
Changed to white on black, keeping the red background.

I also added a new post. I think I'm going to try to update every weekday afternoon.

Dogmantra
2010-08-04, 04:04 PM
Changed to white on black, keeping the red background.

Wow. Someone actually listened. I often tell people that white on black is much easier on the eye when they ask for advice, and they mostly just refuse to change it. Thanks dude, I am going to follow your blog with enthusiasm now!

TheMac04
2010-08-04, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the support everyone!

Lioness
2010-08-05, 03:20 AM
Looks good. I like your writing style.

I did a similar thing...made a blog, intending to talk about the world rather than myself. Unfortunately, I've had a lack of intelligent and amusing thoughts for a week, so nothing has been written in it for about a week.

rakkoon
2010-08-05, 03:52 AM
Remember When I Made That Blog Post?

Thinking about language and people is always funny :smallsmile:

Superglucose
2010-08-05, 03:57 AM
I did a similar thing...made a blog, intending to talk about the world rather than myself. Unfortunately, I've had a lack of intelligent and amusing thoughts for a week, so nothing has been written in it for about a week.
I once had a blog, talking about the world rather than myself.

I could take about half a year's worth of insinuations and the like, before I realized (with sadness) that my average reader was incapable of base pattern-recognition. Eventually I had a loyal fanbase, as it were, that didn't understand one iota of what I was trying to say, and I just gave up.

And then I had everyone else who was raging because I was pointing out something I didn't like about their favorite country/idea/etc. Not even refuting my points, just callous, outraged, and beside themselves that I could find something wrong with their perfect heaven, and how dare I not mention these three things that were perfect!

Overall I just gave up. To be unexpressed is, largely, less stressful.

TheMac04
2010-08-05, 03:11 PM
I once had a blog, talking about the world rather than myself.

I could take about half a year's worth of insinuations and the like, before I realized (with sadness) that my average reader was incapable of base pattern-recognition. Eventually I had a loyal fanbase, as it were, that didn't understand one iota of what I was trying to say, and I just gave up.

And then I had everyone else who was raging because I was pointing out something I didn't like about their favorite country/idea/etc. Not even refuting my points, just callous, outraged, and beside themselves that I could find something wrong with their perfect heaven, and how dare I not mention these three things that were perfect!

Overall I just gave up. To be unexpressed is, largely, less stressful.
This is why I'm trying not to be profound.

Cealocanth
2010-08-05, 09:40 PM
Wow. You've scored yourself annother reader. You're more insightful than a lot of people I know.

TheMac04
2010-08-06, 04:53 PM
All right, another post is up, as promised. And with that the first week concludes. So far, I think it's going pretty well.

TheMac04
2010-10-06, 10:54 PM
Decided to bump this. I'm still at it, for those of you who are interested.

Skeppio
2010-10-06, 11:00 PM
Perhaps you should keep a link in your sig, in case you don't get many replies on this thread. That way, as long as you're posting, we'll be able to access your blog.

Gullara
2010-10-06, 11:08 PM
Perhaps you should keep a link in your sig, in case you don't get many replies on this thread. That way, as long as you're posting, we'll be able to access your blog.

Do this.

And of course a message from xkcd
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/blogging.png

Zeb The Troll
2010-10-07, 12:47 AM
Troll Patrol: Thread locked for necromancy.