PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, LA1 Exhibition: Gullfaxi vs. random name here

ArenaManager
2010-08-03, 10:57 PM
Arena Tournament, LA1 Exhibition: Gullfaxi vs. random name here

Map:http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/11-scorers_glass_arena.png

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Gullfaxi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=220121) - TheFallenOne
random name here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=221103) - Sanity702

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any

TheFallenOne
2010-08-04, 09:39 AM
Gullfaxi Initiative [roll0]

buy

Ranseur 10 GP
Potion Faith Healing(Thunaraz) 50 GP
20 loaded slings 0,2 GP oops, overspent

done except reactionary

Wizibirb
2010-08-04, 12:22 PM
[roll0]

Just a heads up, as I am unsure if i posted in the main thread or not, my computer is broken and thus i have been forced to leach off of other people and thus I am unsure if I will be able to post regularly.

I am still considering purchases. (I wish to get to my source books first)

and I must say it is interesting seeing two people with the same move speed and Travel devotion. :smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2010-08-04, 12:27 PM
yeah, two speed demons facing each other :smallbiggrin: Interesting stuff

I'd start in M4, wielding greatsword

Unless any purchases by you force me to change plans of course

TheFallenOne
2010-08-04, 12:31 PM
looking at your sheet, there's a mistake: weapon finesse only works with light weapons and other weapons that explicitedly allow so, like rapiers and spiked chains. Scimitars aren't one of them

edit: and fighter starting money is 240, not 300

Wizibirb
2010-08-04, 09:20 PM
Ok, stealing my friends computer for a bit... Unfortunately it has cost me alot to do so (damn slave driver)... anyways I would also like to point out that on top of the two mistakes you pointed out my charisma should be 10 not 8 (I still had pathetic charisma factored in, which is not the case)

and switched my primary hand from scimitar to rapier.

Purchases -
1 Psionic tattoo of Force Screen
-50 gp
1 potion of protection from chaos
-50 gp

That should bump my ac up enough :smalltongue:

Starting in M-23 rapier in primary hand, sickle in primary hand also
potion of pro chaos in off hand.

Ready except for reactionary buys

TheFallenOne
2010-08-04, 09:23 PM
aww, why do I have to give my characters fitting alignments instead of going with the safe bet true neutral :smallbiggrin:

no reactionaries, though I start wielding the Ranseur instead of greatsword and Faith Healing in Mouth. Your go

Wizibirb
2010-08-05, 10:29 AM
I don't know but I thank you either way and lets do this shindig... ooo and did we ever get an answer on our question in our regular match?

and if You don't mind I have a question that I was hoping you could answer.

If I am two weapon fighting and I have improved trip, If I tripped with my off hand would I then get to make an attack with my primary and off hand? or just the off hand?

anyways now that the rule questions are out of the way let us begin

Standard -
Drink the potion!
Swift -
Become faster! (activating travel devotion)
Free -
Drop empty vial and
Switch sickle to off hand!
Move -
h-17

end turn

stats -

Hp: 11/11
AC: 22 (+2 from pro chaos)
FF: 16
Touch: 18
Pro chaos: 0/10
Travel devotion: 0/10

hustlertwo
2010-08-05, 10:33 AM
Pretty sure it would just be the primary hand or off hand you made the attack with, not both.

TheFallenOne
2010-08-05, 10:37 AM
If you trip an opponent in melee combat, you immediately get a melee attack against that opponent as if you hadn’t used your attack for the trip attempt.

You get a single bonus attack if you trip someone. Because of "as if you hadn’t used your attack for the trip" I'd say you only get an offhand attack if you tripped with your offhand weapon

and no answer on the question yet, we're still waiting

Gullfaxi Turn 1

Move to T9
Swift: Law Devotion to AC
Ready Action
move if he attacks me, ends turn, readies an action

done

Wizibirb
2010-08-05, 10:51 AM
Pretty sure it would just be the primary hand or off hand you made the attack with, not both.

I thought as much, it would be pretty good if you got both. Anyways thank you for satisfying my curiosity.

Standard -
activate tattoo
Move -
to I-14
Swift -
move to o-13

end turn

stats -

Hp: 11/11
AC: 26 (+2 from pro chaos;+4 from force screen)
FF: 20
Touch: 22
Pro chaos: 1/10
Travel devotion: 1/10
Psionic tattoo of Force Screen: 0/10

TheFallenOne
2010-08-05, 11:02 AM
Gullfaxi Turn 2

Swift: Activate Travel Devotion
Move: to N9
Ready Action
Move if he attacks with ranged weaon, ends turn, readies action, provoked AoO, tries to tumble successfully adjacent to me

done

Wizibirb
2010-08-06, 12:29 PM
move to u-10
Refs -

If I attacked the wall in o/p-8 could I attack it in a way that would cause the glass to go in his direction?

and I should know this but I don't
where can I find viable actions that trigger a readied action? I don't think so but it doesn't hurt to ask.

ie could I have a ready action that triggers off his readied action?

I only ask because a freind and I fought about this yesterday, he claimed that their was no visual reference so it would not work. I thought it would but could not find where it said that.

One last question, if someone readied an action to move when I moved. Since I have two moves a round would the action trigger on the first move? Or would he decide when it triggers?

TheFallenOne
2010-08-06, 01:08 PM
Is that something that holds up play?

Wizibirb
2010-08-06, 05:27 PM
I would like an answer before I finish my turn so yes.

TheFallenOne
2010-08-06, 05:28 PM
Alright, better post it in the Waiting Room too

Psionic Dog
2010-08-10, 05:18 PM
Refs -

If I attacked the wall in o/p-8 could I attack it in a way that would cause the glass to go in his direction?

and I should know this but I don't
where can I find viable actions that trigger a readied action? I don't think so but it doesn't hurt to ask.

ie could I have a ready action that triggers off his readied action?

I only ask because a freind and I fought about this yesterday, he claimed that their was no visual reference so it would not work. I thought it would but could not find where it said that.

One last question, if someone readied an action to move when I moved. Since I have two moves a round would the action trigger on the first move? Or would he decide when it triggers?

High Ref PsiDog

@Sanity702
On attacking glass walls: Glass shatters onto both adjacent squares. There are no rules or provisions for the glass to ignore one square or angle into a different one.

On Readied Actions: Any visible/audible/detectable action may be used as a trigger. Exception: Free actions that may be taken out of turn may not be used as triggers. 'X starts/ends turn' is also a valid trigger provided player X is within LoS.

A readied action is a standard action. By arena precedent the act of readying an action is visible, and therefore may be used as a trigger.

On Readied Actions and Movement: Readied actions trigger at the earliest possible moment. If declined the readied action will not trigger again that round. The readied action "Do X when Y moves" will trigger at the soonest point you detect Y leaving a square.

Wizibirb
2010-08-11, 01:44 AM
Move to o-10
ATTACK!
[roll0] <---- ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!
damage - [roll1]

TheFallenOne
2010-08-11, 10:32 AM
first, you provoke an AoO since I have a reach weapon

I disarm your offhand weapon [roll0] +4 twohanded, +2 ranseur.
Opposed attack roll please with the sickle. You get -4 because it's a light weapon

TheFallenOne
2010-08-11, 10:33 AM
... wow, it's actually possible I lose this

second roll to avoid being disarmed myself if you win [roll0]

Wizibirb
2010-08-11, 04:13 PM
1st roll
[roll0]
2nd roll
[roll1]

I am way to tiered right now to find out my mod... :smallfrown: I will do that sometime later today or tomorrow.

hustlertwo
2010-08-11, 04:26 PM
You lost, regardless of your mod.

TheFallenOne
2010-08-11, 04:32 PM
don't worry, it's definitely low enough. Your sickle falls to the ground in P10(that's where you provoke for leaving a threatened square)

Gullfaxi Turn 3

Swift: Travel Devotion move to J9. Tumble at half speed to avoid AoO [roll0] DC15
Free: WHIRLING FRENZY! :furious:
Full Round: CHAAAAARGING POUNCE. End up in M9
[roll1](6 base, +3 law, +2 charge, +2 str increase, -2 whirling frenzy)
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
Law Devotion to AC

done

that 29 for 15 damage looks rather fatal

Wizibirb
2010-08-12, 12:09 PM
you would roll an 18 :smallfrown:

just not good enough

TheFallenOne
2010-08-12, 12:13 PM
well, I needed a 14 and I had two chances to get it. Pounce gets way more useful with Travel Devotion

hustlertwo
2010-08-12, 12:32 PM
Gullfaxi disarms random's weapons, and promptly chops off his arms for good measure to get the win.

Wizibirb
2010-08-12, 02:49 PM
I need to ask though, what did you think? Different from my normal approach of beat them up with massive damage. :smalltongue:

Which probably would of done better for me. :smallfrown:

Edit -

Wait where was your MTA to disarm me? :smallconfused:

Not that it matters Just curious.

hustlertwo
2010-08-12, 02:55 PM
I need to ask though, what did you think? Different from my normal approach of beat them up with massive damage. :smalltongue:

Which probably would of done better for me. :smallfrown:

Edit -

Wait where was your MTA to disarm me? :smallconfused:

No melee touch for disarming, just opposed attack rolls.

TheFallenOne
2010-08-12, 02:56 PM
well, you realized that two weapon fighting only pays off if you can move & full attack in the same turn, so that was well done with travel devotion. The damage is just a bit too low, you'd need too many hits against someone with Rageclaws

Melee touch is required to grapple and trip, not for disarm

hustlertwo
2010-08-12, 03:13 PM
Ninja'd, sucka!

TheFallenOne
2010-08-12, 03:16 PM
there are still some matches to go, revenge will come :smallamused: