PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Powerful Character

kite11355
2010-08-03, 11:47 PM
I need to make a character for a 3.5 game that is supposed to be overpowered. It's a gestalt game that starts from level 1 with the stats 18, 18, 17, 17, 16, 16. We can use any 3 or 3.5 book. I don't really have a preference to what role my character plays. Any suggestions for build? Cheese is more than welcome.

Marnath
2010-08-03, 11:55 PM
I imagine the advice you'll get will be something like an ubercharger or batman wizard. I've seen those builds mentioned in EVERY thread like this, so it can't be too long before someone mentions it. Also "warblade/ swordsage etc"

Prodan
2010-08-03, 11:55 PM
Wizard 5/Incantatrix 10/Spellguard of Silverymoon 5

Put anything you want on the other side and have fun.

Machiavellian
2010-08-03, 11:56 PM
I need to make a character for a 3.5 game that is supposed to be overpowered. It's a gestalt game that starts from level 1 with the stats 18, 18, 17, 17, 16, 16. We can use any 3 or 3.5 book. I don't really have a preference to what role my character plays. Any suggestions for build? Cheese is more than welcome.

High Cheese

Half-Red Dragon Troll Death Knight 19/Monk 1//Abjurer 10/Ur Priest 1/Mystic Theurge 9

Immune to both fire and acid, and thus instant regen, able to fight and have lots of AC. Just be a villain who can kill with but a single swing of his Greatclub

Low Cheese

Race: Half-Orc
Class: Unarmed Swordsage 5/Crusader 4/Master of the Nine 5/Warblade 6//Hexblade 3/Paladin of Tyranny 5/Battle Dancer 1/Suel Archanamach 10/Sand Shaper 1

In this build, while you have lower spells, you have nearly EVERY maneuver in Bo9S

SurlySeraph
2010-08-03, 11:59 PM
None of those are level 1 builds, and the troll cannot be made at level 1. How about Warblade 1// Wizard 1 or Factotum 1// Wizard 1?

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 12:15 AM
None of those are level 1 builds, and the troll cannot be made at level 1. How about Warblade 1// Wizard 1 or Factotum 1// Wizard 1?

1. I was just showing what it would look like by 20th
2. The troll build CAN be done. Just make it all a 19 level class (11 for troll, 3 for Half-Dragon, 5 for Death Knight, because according to Savage Species, when you do a Monster Class, you add LA of templates to the total class level. So TECHNICALLY, you could, it's just a long sodding class.).

If you aren't keen on that, there's always the following:

Race: Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold Loredrake
Class: Sorcerer 1//Wilder 1

from here, take Sorcerer to maybe 5 and then 1 level dip into Sandshaper and finish the whole thing off with whatever PrC you choose (I suggest PrCs that add bonus spells to spells known), and on the Wilder side, mirror, only this time, PrC into Flayerspawn Psychic (I know you lose 4 levels, but its fine) and cap off with something crazy, such as a PrC from the Mind's Eye that turns you at lv1 into a Psychic Lich (forgot the darn name!). Combo Illithid Heritage feats with Dragonic Heritage feats and pick up Mother Cyst to add even more spells to your list. Heck, any feat that adds more spells/powers is advised.

*.*.*.*
2010-08-04, 12:20 AM
Troll Death Knight

You loose regen if you don't have a con score

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 12:24 AM
You loose regen if you don't have a con score

X___X

Forgot that...

Well, remove the DK and add maybe Werebear?

Glimbur
2010-08-04, 12:28 AM
Monk//Sorc. Take two levels of Monk (and Aesthetic Mage, for Cha to AC), two of Paladin, then some full BAB like Knight or Fighter or whatever until you can take gish PrC's like Abjurant Champion. On the other side, Sorc until you get to the gish PrC's on the other side, then do something weird like Blood Magus or some other caster PrC that usually doesn't work due to losing too many caster levels.

It's far from optimal, but you should end up with good BAB, good saves, and weird powers. And full casting, but if you're not getting that in a high power gestalt game I question your definition of high power.

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 12:34 AM
maybe Fighter//Psi Warrior?

Take Warmind and Suel Archanamach on the Fighter Side and Slayer (not Illithid Slayer) and Elocator on the Psi Warrior side. Human makes this guy hurt people badly...

Andion Isurand
2010-08-04, 12:35 AM
I would try the Obah-Blessed template from Dungeon Magazine for some fun

+4 Str, +6 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Cha
two extra pairs of arms
mutlitweapon fighting as bonus feat
+3 LA

*.*.*.*
maybe Warblade//Psi Warrior?

Fixed that for you:smallbiggrin:

Kylarra
maybe Fighter//Psi Warrior?

Take Warmind and Suel Archanamach on the Fighter Side and Slayer (not Illithid Slayer) and Elocator on the Psi Warrior side. Human makes this guy hurt people badly...Better off just doing Warblade//Psion for your psionic beatstick really.

Flickerdart
2010-08-04, 12:36 AM
Better off just doing Warblade//Psion for your psionic beatstick really.
But then how will you take all the feats?

Kylarra
2010-08-04, 12:38 AM
But then how will you take all the feats?Featleech your rock? :smallbiggrin:

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 12:40 AM
To all who edited my Fighter/Warmind/Suel Archanamach//Psi Warrior/Slayer/Elocator build:

ToB is overused. I wanted it EXACTLY the way it was, since this way, for players who don't like to use ToB (like my group, since it's a one-book exclusive source with no follow-up), this is ideal.

if anything, you still have the ever-so-classic Barbarian//Totemist or Dragon Shaman//Dragonfire Adept. Heck, Wizard//Sorcerer or Wizard//Archivist or Sorcerer//Favored Soul or Sorcerer//Shugenja or Wizard//Cleric all are great builds (Personally, I prefer either W//A or S//S)

Kylarra
2010-08-04, 12:45 AM
That's an odd, if niche, qualifier, which you should've stated since you already provided a build from ToB earlier so it seems more like a haphazard defense of an otherwise poorly chosen class than a valid restriction.

Caster//Caster gestalts tend to look good on paper, but in practice aren't so hot due to action economy.

sambo.
2010-08-04, 12:46 AM
if i ever go into a Gestalt game, i'm going with a Sorcerer/Paladin base build.

Sorcerer 5/Abjurant Champion 5/Arcane Duellist 10 on one side
Paladin 2 + any insane amounts of allowed 1-2 level dip cheese i can get away with on the other side.

probably wielding some kind of horrific 2h weapon with a big crit range and oodles of Power Attack cheese to back up all the arcane spell chevre.

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 12:48 AM
That's an odd, if niche, qualifier, which you should've stated since you already provided a build from ToB earlier so it seems more like a haphazard defense of an otherwise poorly chosen class than a valid restriction.

Caster//Caster gestalts tend to look good on paper, but in practice aren't so hot due to action economy.

I like to use multiple examples on how to use gestalt, often taking a risk over secure and tried-and-tested builds.

and better statement of Caster//Caster builds: Who cares? sure, action economy sucks, but think about the long-play adventurer: You will NEVER EVER run out of spells. EVER. If you accomplish this with a Caster//Caster or Caster//Manifester gestalt, plz let me know!

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 12:50 AM
if i ever go into a Gestalt game, i'm going with a Sorcerer/Paladin base build.

Sorcerer 5/Abjurant Champion 5/Arcane Duellist 10 on one side
Paladin 2 + any insane amounts of allowed 1-2 level dip cheese i can get away with on the other side.

probably wielding some kind of horrific 2h weapon with a big crit range and oodles of Power Attack cheese to back up all the arcane spell chevre.

Scythe is your friend...

Disciple of Dispater is your friend...

Paladin of Tyranny is your friend...

Blackguard dips are your friend...

Kylarra
2010-08-04, 12:55 AM
I like to use multiple examples on how to use gestalt, often taking a risk over secure and tried-and-tested builds.

and better statement of Caster//Caster builds: Who cares? sure, action economy sucks, but think about the long-play adventurer: You will NEVER EVER run out of spells. EVER. If you accomplish this with a Caster//Caster or Caster//Manifester gestalt, plz let me know!Gestalting with ToB gets you a better chassis for the most part and still not running out of "spells" maneuvers.

Running out of spells/power points is as easy as squandering them on pointless targets.

Marnath
2010-08-04, 01:05 AM

and better statement of Caster//Caster builds: Who cares? sure, action economy sucks, but think about the long-play adventurer: You will NEVER EVER run out of spells. EVER. If you accomplish this with a Caster//Caster or Caster//Manifester gestalt, plz let me know!

You can use higher level slots for spells right? Memorize a whole pile of cure light wounds spells and magic missles. Shoot cow, heal cow. Shoot cow, heal cow. You killed the cow? Shoot a different cow. Sure you'd be purposely wasting the spells, but it can be done.

HunterOfJello
2010-08-04, 01:10 AM
I personally like gestalt characters that are caster//melee or utility. Make sure to mach up the top stats as best you can.

For the Caster side I would list:

Psion (Int)
Erudite (Int)
Wizard (Int)
Archivist (Int)
Artificer (Int)
Cleric (Wis)
Cloistered Cleric (Wis)
Druid (Wis)
Sorcerer (Cha)
Favored Soul (Wis/Cha)
Wilder (Cha)

For the Melee or Utility side:

Warblade (Int)
Swordsage (Wis)
Crusader (Cha)
Duskblade (Int)
Wildshape Varient Ranger (Wis)
Psychic Warrior (Wis)

Factotum (Int)

Totemist (Con)
Incarnate (Con)

~~~~~~~

There are tons of fun combinations that would make interesting characters this way that work well mechanically and for flavor.

Druid//Totemist
Psion//Factotum
Wizard//Factotum
Psion//Warblade
Swordsage//Cloistered Cleric
Cleric//Incarnate
Duskblade//Artificer or Archivist
Warblade//Artificer or Archivist

~~~~~~~

Also, don't forget to check out all the best races out there. Crystal Keep (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php) can help with that.

Strongheart Halflings
Whisper Gnomes
Lesser Planetouched (Aasimar, Tiefling, etc.)
Warforged
Kalashtar
Water Orcs
and many more

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 01:11 AM
Reserve feats. Done.

Gestalting with ToB gets you a better chassis for the most part and still not running out of "spells" maneuvers.

Oh sure... Lets all make fun of the "dinosaur" who thinks that ToB is too darn complicated...

I have the book and never use the blasted thing because it makes my redneck brain want to pop. I realise it plays similar to the magic system, but it still makes my head hurt. In all of the years Ive had the stupid book, this thread is the first and only time I can remember legitemately making a build using it extensively. Jesus, protector of all that is good and holy, give me fighter or barbarian any day, just for the love of Christ let me not play a ToB character!

Kylarra
2010-08-04, 01:15 AM
Oh sure... Lets all make fun of the "dinosaur" who thinks that ToB is too darn complicated...

I have the book and never use the blasted thing because it makes my redneck brain want to pop. I realise it plays similar to the magic system, but it still makes my head hurt. In all of the years Ive had the stupid book, this thread is the first and only time I can remember legitemately making a build using it extensively. Jesus, protector of all that is good and holy, give me fighter or barbarian any day, just for the love of Christ let me not play a ToB character!Uh... no one is actually making fun of you. It's all well and good that you have anecdotal experience with not liking it however, what you've presented in this thread:

You post a build with lots of ToB classes, including a variant.
You later post a build without ToB classes
-2 people point out that said build works better with ToB classes
-You claim that you chose odd classes for those that don't like ToB.

I'm sure you can see the apparent discrepancy in your words and deeds.

A build without ToB is a perfectly legit restriction, but circumstantially, the defense seems suspect.

Greenish
2010-08-04, 01:23 AM
Warblade//Incarnate is something I've been toying with. It's no very "high powered" on the higher levels, on account of not being a caster, but it's not bad.

For something powerful, druid 10/planar shepherd10/Incarnate or Totemist. Full casting, wildshape into outsiders, planar animal companion, planar bubbles, and soulmelds which ought to stick around even when wildshaped. The wardancer could be a full BAB alternative on the other side.

Eronai_Jantig
2010-08-04, 01:24 AM
I'm going to second the gish, and suggest going a two weapon fighting build.

Side 1: Sorcerer 4, Spellsword 1, Abjurant Champion 5, Incantrix 10

Side 2: Paladin 2, Fighter 2, Rogue 1, Ninja 1, Swordsage 2, moar classes that sneak attack

Sorry it's getting late, I've never actually built a two weapon fighter so I don't know all the ins and out too it, I do suggest getting Arcane Disciple: War Domain so you can grab Divine Power and persist it every day. Grab rapid metamagic, and some tasty metamagics and make sure to grab stuff like Greater Magic Weapon and throw spell storing on your weapon. The first round would be disgusting fully prepped. The last three levels Forsight + Celerity allows you to do disgusting things like fully buff up with a time stop and getting up close, perfect for your full attack that includes 2 empowered maximized twinned combusts, 2 empowered combusts, 7 attacks with hopefully 9 d6 sneak at least. Approximately

Marnath
2010-08-04, 01:25 AM

Call me crazy, but this sounds like you're belittling him/mocking him. You could maybe have phrased it nicer.

*edit hey *_*_*_* , your username makes my brain bleed a little everytime i see it. How is that pronounced? :smallconfused:

JeminiZero
2010-08-04, 01:29 AM
Troll 5 LA / Natural Wereboar 3 LA / Voidmind 3 LA / Troll 6 RHD / Natural Wereboar 3 RHD
// Whatever 20

Feats:
1. Martial Study: Burning Blade (Take at level 1: Adds Tumble as class skill for all classes, or RHD in this case)
2. Martial Stance: Flame's Blessing (Take at level 3: Grants Fire Resistance/Immunity based on ranks in Tumble)

How it Works:
-Troll grants Regen Fire/Acid
-Flames Blessing can grant Fire Immunity (if you max out Tumble at level 16, with 19 ranks)
-Voidmind grants acid immunity (as well as immunity to mind affecting, abilty damage and drain, energy drain and spell resistance) IMPORTANT: Remeber to write in your backstory that the mindflayers who created you are dead!
-Wereboar grants Ferocity which lets you keep fighting when HP falls below 0 (i.e. you essentially ignore non-lethal damage) It also grants you the shapechanger subtype which can fend off some polymorph attacks.

Filling out Whatever:
-Troll racial bonus + Voidmind stat bonus + Wereboar hybrid form combine bonus grants you hefty +20 Str, +6 Dex, +22 Con. Combined with your hefty immunities, and by mid levels you will more than likely working as the Party Tank.
-Your Mental stats will have a modifier of Int -2, Wis +0, Cha -6. In otherwords, you should try not to use base classes that rely on your Int or Cha. Your Wis however will be normal, since the Troll penalty is offset by the Lycanthrope bonus.
-While ToB classes are quite strong, you should try to avoid them, since you are essentially stuck in the Flame's Blessing stance, and can't use other stances that they might provide.
-To this end, possible tank Base/Prestige classes to consider: Cleric/Druid/Ur Priest, Psychic Warrior/War Mind and Incarnum (probably Totemist).

Eronai_Jantig
2010-08-04, 01:30 AM
hey *_*_*_* , your username makes my brain bleed a little everytime i see it. How is that pronounced? :smallconfused:

I just call him orange beholder guy, it helps my sanity.

Keld Denar
2010-08-04, 01:31 AM
If you don't mind being an evil bastard, you could start Pally or Tyranny1//Sorc1.

Continue on through Pally3//Sorc3, at which point you have Aura of Dispair. Walk up to a foe, make them sad, then Color Spray the bajesus out of them. Free Greater Spellfocus is yours.

Next, start Hexblade on the Pally side, continueing Sorcerer (or Sorcerer PrC) on the caster side. At Hexblade4, you get your Dark Companion. Move it over a foe, walk up to them, Hex them, and then cast a spell on them. Now they probably have a -6 on their save, and will probably bite it.

Once that is done, step into Binder for either 3 or 5 levels. If 3, take Improved Binding to get access to Foculor. You are now a REALLY sad panda, and so is everyone around you. Couple the Dark Companion with Aura of Sadness and Aura of Dispair and Hex to make people really sad and lonely, then kill them for being pathetic. Or better yet, Baleful Polymorph them into a toad and feed them to your BSF. Tell him that frog legs are a delicacy on the Talenta Plains, or some BS like that. If he doesn't believe you, make him sad, Charm his ass, and force feed him the whole toad.

Lots of Cha synergy, very effective.

HunterOfJello
2010-08-04, 01:33 AM
Troll 5 LA / Natural Wereboar 3 LA / Voidmind 3 LA / Troll 6 RHD / Natural Wereboar 3 RHD
// Whatever 20

It's a gestalt game that starts from level 1...

Troll levels could be taken through Savage Species, but the natural level adjustments aren't going to work for a level 1 character.

Demons_eye
2010-08-04, 01:34 AM
If you don't mind being an evil bastard, you could start Pally or Tyranny1//Sorc1.

Continue on through Pally3//Sorc3, at which point you have Aura of Dispair. Walk up to a foe, make them sad, then Color Spray the bajesus out of them. Free Greater Spellfocus is yours.

Next, start Hexblade on the Pally side, continueing Sorcerer (or Sorcerer PrC) on the caster side. At Hexblade4, you get your Dark Companion. Move it over a foe, walk up to them, Hex them, and then cast a spell on them. Now they probably have a -6 on their save, and will probably bite it.

Once that is done, step into Binder for either 3 or 5 levels. If 3, take Improved Binding to get access to Foculor. You are now a REALLY sad panda, and so is everyone around you. Couple the Dark Companion with Aura of Sadness and Aura of Dispair and Hex to make people really sad and lonely, then kill them for being pathetic. Or better yet, Baleful Polymorph them into a toad and feed them to your BSF. Tell him that frog legs are a delicacy on the Talenta Plains, or some BS like that. If he doesn't believe you, make him sad, Charm his ass, and force feed him the whole toad.

Lots of Cha synergy, very effective.

If you can convince you DM to let them stack add Chupoclops Aura in there for another -2.

Roc Ness
2010-08-04, 01:34 AM
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this: Bard//Paladin 2/Arcane Duelist 2/Whatnot (Probably with feats).

Pick up Snowflake Wardance, Words of Creation and Dragonfire Inspiration as soon as you can. Dual Wield Kusari-gamas. Go to town. Heck, see if you can sneak in a Seeker of the Song dip and Sublime Chord, for extra goodies. Oh yes, and don't forget to get the Bardic equivalent of DMM Persist...

Kylarra
2010-08-04, 02:22 AM
Call me crazy, but this sounds like you're belittling him/mocking him. You could maybe have phrased it nicer.I'm questioning the validity of his response yes, but not attacking him.

He posted a psionic gish that jumped through several PrCs, dubious under normal gestalt rules, to garner a rather unimpressive, imo, set of abilities, war mind and suel are both partial-casters, psiwar is decent enough on its own, elocater has some nice, but situational abilities, and when it is pointed out that Warblade is generally more useful than fighter, especially since you're already pulling bonus feats from PsiWar, the defense is that it was intended to be for people who didn't like ToB, except that there is nothing to say that in the initial post, nor prior posting habits to infer such a restriction as he'd already posted a build that involved ToB previously.

SurlySeraph
2010-08-04, 02:38 AM
Since we're on "Ways to be invincible with trolls," note that Paladin 4/ Bone Knight 4 (Eberron PrC) with Troll Blooded (http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Troll_Blooded) is a good easy way to get immune to most damage, if your DM will allow Dragon Magazine material. And Bone Knight conveniently removes the fatigue drawback of Troll Blooded at 8th level. The best ways to get immune to fire and acid are those that JeminiZero suggested; rings of resistance will do otherwise. If you can't get acid immunity, you might consider a level in Elemental Warrior (from the Planar Handbook) to get an extra 10 acid resistance - but no more levels than that, because it's a pretty feeble class.

nolispe
2010-08-04, 04:27 AM
Meh. I suggest Dragonwrought Riddled Spellhoarding Loredrake Unseelie Fey Arctic Kobold Battle Sorcerer 1/Prc with 3rd level spell requirements/Tainted Scholar 10/Something 5//Factotum 20. With Sanctum Spell, and Font of Inspiration, Font of Inspiration, Font of Inspiration, and Font of Inspiration.
You cast as a wizard two levels higher than you, and the moment you hit Lvl 7, you begin unleashing extra standard actions. Go Necropolitan at level 2.
Hmm... I think that works. For your 2nd-5th Prc, something that just requires you to be able to cast 3rd level arcane spells, since you can do that now. They exist. The only one that came to mind was Ruthar, which ain't great. Still better than straight sorc, though. But whatever.

Kaww
2010-08-04, 05:33 AM
Try something from SS (monster classes, they can be played from lvl 1) and druid/planar shepherd on the side. Or just go barbarian or monk for hp/AC/saves with druid.

Machiavellian
2010-08-04, 12:31 PM
Try something from SS (monster classes, they can be played from lvl 1) and druid/planar shepherd on the side. Or just go barbarian or monk for hp/AC/saves with druid.

EXACTLY what I've been suggesting!

I actually thought that with all of the evil builds, I do a Good Guy:

Race: Astral Deva
Class: Astral Deva 20 (ty, SS)//Lightbringer Cleric 10 (take Dynamic Priest. Makes casting based off Cha)/ Radiant Servant of Re-Horthanky (allows you to be LG and has better domains to pick from) 10

You are a fricken angel who uses your MASSIVE +10 CHA to cast, turn undead, ect. To be correct, as a Lightbringer, you Destroy Undead. Have fun being the "Beacon of Hope" and "Champion of Good"

Draz74
2010-08-04, 12:41 PM
I think Incarnate//Crusader might be the most powerful build at Level 1. Though if you're worried about scaling the game to higher levels, of course a full caster (or Artificer or StP-Erudite or whatever) is more powerful.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-04, 12:44 PM
*edit hey *_*_*_* , your username makes my brain bleed a little everytime i see it. How is that pronounced? :smallconfused:I just call him orange beholder guy, it helps my sanity.

I call him Asterisk-Underscore-Asterisk-Underscore-Asterisk-Underscore-Asterisk.

Also, Warblade-Psion. Far from "too powerful", but both sides are powerful on their own, the stat synergy is there, and Schism makes most manifestations usable even in the thick of melee.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-04, 01:55 PM
I would recommend my tree toll.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162278

Although when I converted it, I had to decide on an LA.

*.*.*.*
2010-08-04, 02:07 PM
*edit hey *_*_*_* , your username makes my brain bleed a little everytime i see it. How is that pronounced? :smallconfused:

I just call him orange beholder guy, it helps my sanity.

I call him Asterisk-Underscore-Asterisk-Underscore-Asterisk-Underscore-Asterisk.

There is no underscore in my username:smallwink:

I like to call myself Stardot

true_shinken
2010-08-04, 02:43 PM
Take two levels of Monk (and Aesthetic Mage, for Cha to AC)

Heh. Aesthetic Mage.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-04, 02:44 PM

I use used the quote. It's just Asterisk-Dot-Asterisk-Dot-Asterisk-Dot-Asterisk then.

Exthalion
2010-08-04, 03:18 PM
He asked for cheese, why are you all dancing around the bush?

Cheater of Mystra//Wizard1 (Precocious Apprentice)/StP Erudite 3/Cerebromancer 6/Mind Mage 10.

Make certain to buy that Boccob Relic from complete divine. Exploit powerstones and nightsticks. Throw in Alternate Spell Source in there somewhere.

Congratulations: your buffs last for two days, you can out fight the fighter and out paladin the paladin, your caster levels are obscene, you know ever single Sor/Wiz spell, you can use your powerpoints for free metamagic (something on the order of over a hundred levels of adjustment with no higher level slots), you know every psionic power save the level 9 discipline powers, cast as a level 20 cleric with a few extra domains for luck, and there are gods that can't hit your AC.

Congratulations all the gods save PunPun tremble at your presence.

thompur
2010-08-04, 03:20 PM
Obviously...Monk//Shujenga...

But seriously folks Warlock//Binder.

Vulaas
2010-08-04, 07:05 PM
Just to throw something new out there, that is usable the entire way up and has some tasty abilities:

Grey Elf
Factotum//This (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8218.0)

kite11355
2010-08-05, 04:18 PM
Thanks for all the ideas, I think I'm going to go with Swordsage//Cloistered Cleric. Any suggestions on how I should make this character? I was thinking of focusing on shadow hand for swordsage.

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-05, 04:24 PM

You want *^4.^3, or starfourdotthree

Keld Denar
2010-08-05, 04:33 PM
Thanks for all the ideas, I think I'm going to go with Swordsage//Cloistered Cleric. Any suggestions on how I should make this character? I was thinking of focusing on shadow hand for swordsage.

Normally, I'd highly suggest the Trickery domain, but most of the skills you get as class skills for Trickery, you get with Swordsage. Also, many of the domain spells you get, you can emulate to a smaller degree with Swordsage abilities like Cloak of Deception. Still, there are some pretty good higher level spells there. Um, other domain, Luck, Destiny, and Travel are all really good. I'd trade out for Knowledge Devotion though. An odd though, would be if you went with the War domain, you could take the Holy Warrior reserve feat in CChampion. It gives you +x damage per hit, where x is the highest level War domain slot you have prepared. Thats a pretty sizeably hike in damage which synergizes well with a TWFing Swordsage idea.

I'd definitely look into some manner of getting your spells cast quickly, or being always active. DMM Persist and DMM Quicken are the easiest ways to do this. This allows you to take part directly in combat, without burning a couple rounds to buff yourself.