PDA

View Full Version : Re-incarnation - what would you come back as?

The Succubus
2010-08-04, 04:28 AM
Just curious really. I've often wondered about a second life and if people were given the choice about coming back, what they would chose to be and why. I'll pop up my choice when I get a tea break but before we go any further a couple of rules for this little thought-game:

#1 - This is purely about what you would come back as. Not why, not how - keep religion and science out of this.

#2 - I'm going to have a little fun and open it up to non-Earth creatures as well e.g. things like wyverns, unicorns and other creatures like that.

#3 - One exclusion - Ixnay on the undead-tay. Living creatures only please because I swear if I see a whole bunch of peeps wanting to come back as vampires just so they can sparkle at people, I'm hurling myself off a cliff.

Coidzor
2010-08-04, 04:45 AM
...Part of me wants to say a dragon so I could subsist entirely off of otherkin. But then the rest of me realizes I'd just have to deal with them when they came back. :smalleek:

I'd probably go with something else like elf or d'jinn, but... well, those would probably also be ruined by the other people who would choose such forms...

I'd almost say Air Mephit, in order to get that air elemental feel without being a big gust of wind, but they're so darn short I just wouldn't be able to take it seriously.

...Honestly, I'm sorta blanking out other than wanting a body that could fly.

SDF
2010-08-04, 05:33 AM
A butterfly

No one suspects the butterfly :smallamused:

Lioness
2010-08-04, 05:35 AM
A kitteh. Because kittehs are awesome.

Allan Surgite
2010-08-04, 05:44 AM
I don't think I'd get a choice. I'd probably come back as a weed, or a spider at the very worst.

Wait , you wanted non-religious answer, ergo I'd like to come back as s human of some sort; regardless of race, nationality or sex. I like striding atop the food chain. Sentience is cool, too.

Unless this is a fantasy reincarnation, in which case: :smalleek:

2010-08-04, 08:16 AM
i would come back as a sheep or a puffin, because those are fun words to say. the cat idea that someone else already stated, for the exact same reason.or maybe a human; that could be interesting

and so that pretentious idiots couldnt call people sheep when theyre being stupid; often times it makes you sound like an idiot and insults an entire species.

Closak
2010-08-04, 08:19 AM
Personally i would love to come back as a dragon.

Castaras
2010-08-04, 08:38 AM
Dragon or Human or Cat.

Although... I wouldn't end up reincarnating as something. I'd end up being bitten by a Buffy-style Vampire and becoming a badass Vamp and murdering wimpy sparkly vampires wherever I saw them. :smallamused:

The Succubus
2010-08-04, 08:57 AM

Didn't see this one coming at all! :smalleek:

For myself, I'd like to come back as a whale shark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_shark). Large peaceful creatures, of little interest to anyone other than scientists and quite happy to relax in the ocean hoovering up plankton.

Lord Loss
2010-08-04, 09:20 AM
A cat. Definitley a cat. Because they are awesome.

blackfox
2010-08-04, 11:24 AM
I kind of like the whole 'sapience' thing. Although if I had to come back as a non-sapient being, I'd like to be some kind of animal that could do something that humans can't. Birds can fly, seals can swim crazy well, cats... are cats, horses can run, blah blah blah.

Blue Ghost
2010-08-04, 11:24 AM
I'd love to be a dolphin or any kind of ocean fish. Oddly, in this life I hate getting wet.

Dogmantra
2010-08-04, 11:26 AM
I kind of like the whole 'sapience' thing. Although if I had to come back as a non-sapient being, I'd like to be some kind of animal that could do something that humans can't. Birds can fly, seals can swim crazy well, cats... are cats, horses can run, blah blah blah.

You wouldn't come back as some sort of unusually coloured wild canine then? Some sort of, oh, I don't know, black fox?

Sanguine
2010-08-04, 11:57 AM
Since it's open to non-earth creatures that means I could come back as something from Exalted. Hmm. I would come back as an Alchemical. Because they are awesome. Also Clarity would be interesting to experience, I would probably do everything in my power to avoid it after my first experience but still interesting.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-08-04, 12:49 PM
Not sure... in a non-fantasy world... probably some kind of predator maybe a large cats likea mountain lion or possibly a wold, might settle with a bird of prey.

Fantasy world, not sure a werewolf would be incredible, or maybe a dragon (most likely blue if the world is like D&D)

Ugulu!!
2010-08-04, 12:51 PM
A human of course. Are we not the pinacle of creatipn?

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-04, 12:56 PM
I'd come back as the coolest man on Earth.

Oh wait.

I already have.

Volthawk
2010-08-04, 12:57 PM
Squirrel. Or cat. Or heron.

druid91
2010-08-04, 12:57 PM
A Pokemon style psychic human.

Mystic Muse
2010-08-04, 01:03 PM

Same here. Red dragon (From D&D) body, metallic blue scales, and Silver dragon abilities.

I don't even care about the spells. Just the DR, Breath weapon, and alternate form. Although if I did get the spells I'd be obligated to take over the world.

ClockShock
2010-08-04, 04:48 PM
Jelly.
I may have to be awakened.

tehjohnli
2010-08-04, 06:35 PM
A cat. Or a dragon. Dragons are amazing. :D

Cealocanth
2010-08-04, 07:49 PM
Are you asking what we want to come back as or what we would probably come back as?

Perenelle
2010-08-04, 08:15 PM
Probably a Cat or a Fox. :smallsmile: because both are amazing.

I wouldn't mind being a human again though.

Force
2010-08-04, 08:41 PM
Gold Dragon for sure. Semi-immortality, super-intellect, lots of spells/SLA's/general badassitude? Sign me up.

Marnath
2010-08-04, 09:47 PM
I'd probably be a Dwarf. I'm a stodgy, humorless stick in the mud who hates to go outside his comfort zone, complains a lot, and loves teh shinies. I guess i could learn to like beer if i had to.

snoopy13a
2010-08-04, 10:21 PM
I'd come back as a bag of groceries accidently taken off the shelf before my expiration date.

Dogmantra
2010-08-04, 10:23 PM
I'd come back as a bag of groceries accidently taken off the shelf before my expiration date.

I'd come back as a love machine dedicated to you. That is, if I apologised for when I was eight and I made my younger brother have to be my personal slave.

Ugulu!!
2010-08-04, 10:27 PM
I changed my mind. Id come back as Quagmire. Giggidy.

zeratul
2010-08-04, 10:48 PM
if were talking any creature fantasy included I would love to be reincarnated as either a huge black dragon of human level intelligence. If restricted to non fantasy creatures I would choose either a snow leopard, great white shark, a black eagle, or a black wolf.

Fable Wright
2010-08-04, 10:56 PM
I'd come back as a shadow dragon. Powerful, near immortal, a master of stealth, magic, and power. I'll take it. :smallwink:

Bhu
2010-08-04, 11:12 PM
Much like many others, Cat is my first choice.

Optionally a talking squirrel would be second just so I could screw with people. Cause nuthin says fun like being a squirrel, sneaking up on people, and preaching to them abotu the coming of Gozer.

blackfox
2010-08-05, 12:27 AM
You wouldn't come back as some sort of unusually coloured wild canine then? Some sort of, oh, I don't know, black fox?That's utterly ridiculous and I have no idea where you would have acquired that notion.

Starfols
2010-08-05, 12:52 AM
I would come back as a muppet. Turns out it is easy being green.

IonDragon
2010-08-05, 02:41 AM
Wile when I was younger, I would have said either a blue dragon or a dragon composed of PURE ENERGY, now I'd have to say:The old Spice man. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE)

Though maybe I haven't fully considered my options. Pun-pun?

In any case, there's always another option (http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/59/When-out-of-cats.jpg).

Matticus
2010-08-05, 02:54 AM
A killer whale.

Baddest mother****ers in the sea.

Coplantor
2010-08-05, 09:23 AM
No, no reincarnation, liberation from this mortal shell that contains my true magnificent form. An infinte body of endless perfection to show the true way to all the filthy humans that inhabits this world that shall be, once again, be ruled by the great race once the stars are right, and toghether with my beatiful brothers, we'll fly in circles and cover the sun with our wings and watch the work of the human existence wither in a matter of years that will be like seconds to us, the eternals, the true masters of creation and as humanity slowly fades into oblivion, we will open our mouths and sing the song that will start the universe as it was originally planned by the powers that be...

Or a platypus, platypodes are the coolest things ever, EVER I SAY!

The Succubus
2010-08-05, 09:36 AM
Or a platypus, platypodes are the coolest things ever, EVER I SAY!

You do realise that you need to go to the avatar request thread and get a black 'n' white platypus with a top hat and evil mustache now.

Coplantor
2010-08-05, 09:42 AM
You do realise that you need to go to the avatar request thread and get a black 'n' white platypus with a top hat and evil mustache now.

Or I could do it mysef. :smallcool:
Also, why not? I'm already the most platypish guy around, alittle more couldn't hurt, right?

Bhu
2010-08-05, 01:56 PM
Or I could do it mysef. :smallcool:
Also, why not? I'm already the most platypish guy around, alittle more couldn't hurt, right?

Are you called Ruam on another forum by any chance?

The Cyberwolf
2010-08-05, 01:59 PM
Well, hmm, let's see......

Talking, intelligent wolf.

Yes, that would be nice.

Coplantor
2010-08-05, 02:02 PM
Are you called Ruam on another forum by any chance?

No, the internet knows me only as Coplantor or Puker if the account was from before 2008.

Brewdude
2010-08-05, 03:01 PM
One of them Karbo Nagas. I've got your food chain right here buddy. Plus, who wouldn't want to be a giant hot chick?

The Succubus
2010-08-05, 03:36 PM
No, the internet knows me only as Coplantor or Puker if the account was from before 2008.

I think Coplantor just broke the internet with his new avatar. Nothing that weird should be seen by anyone, ever. :smalleek:

Player_Zero
2010-08-05, 03:37 PM
A butterfly

No one suspects the butterfly :smallamused:

Are you sure you're not a butterfly dreaming he's a man?

The Extinguisher
2010-08-05, 04:09 PM
I'd like to be a Hydra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydra_(genus)) or Turritopsis nutricula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_nutricula). One of the immortal species. Being an immortal jellyfish would be amazing.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-05, 04:12 PM
Hm... probably a kitty, probably a bird. Phoenix, maybe? Pigeon? Stork? Thunderbird? Tanuki?

The Extinguisher: But you'd keep turning back into a baby to stay alive!

Coplantor
2010-08-05, 04:18 PM
I think Coplantor just broke the internet with his new avatar. Nothing that weird should be seen by anyone, ever. :smalleek:

Oh, you should've seen me during Gender Bender Week

Bhu
2010-08-05, 04:39 PM

The two of you should get together he also has a thing for the platypi. He's playing one in my campaign even...

Coplantor
2010-08-05, 04:54 PM
The two of you should get together he also has a thing for the platypi. He's playing one in my campaign even...

Is this a PbP campaign? Because I would totally join.

TooManyBadgers
2010-08-05, 06:49 PM
A bat. Definitely some sort of bat.

The question comes down to whether it's niftier to eat fruit and nectar and dangle from trees all day or to lap up blood, live in caves and maintain complex social groups...

I'm pretty sure this is going to have to come down to a coin toss.

Zodiac
2010-08-05, 07:37 PM
An octopus. Eight limbs, in built smokescreen, incredible flexibility, camouflage. And they look like some weird alien race.

Bhu
2010-08-05, 08:41 PM
Is this a PbP campaign? Because I would totally join.

It is but I'm holding it over on the brilliant gameologists Forums. Of course I could also do one here I spose...

on topic: Kaiju. I had forgotten being reincarnated as a Kaiju...

Kneenibble
2010-08-05, 08:49 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that I come back as Marlene Dietrich.

iDM
2010-08-05, 09:12 PM
Dude... pegacorn. If I'm lucky I can be a dragasus, but nobody knows what they are. (Creatures and Treasures II, anyone?)

devinkowalczyk
2010-08-05, 09:18 PM
A tree, or grass. You are basically immortal, immune to pain, and just sit and eat all day and sleep all night.
It sounds nice.

iDM
2010-08-05, 09:48 PM
A tree, or grass. You are basically immortal, immune to pain, and just sit and eat all day and sleep all night.
It sounds nice.

Good point, but you'd probably get turned into paper if you were a tree. Stupid industrial revolution.

chiasaur11
2010-08-05, 10:48 PM
Seen enough Laurel and Hardy to know the right answer.

I come back as myself.

Simple, elegant, quick, and I can get on with my life with no inconvenient fins, paws, or flippers.

Fable Wright
2010-08-06, 12:32 AM
It sounds nice.

:durkon: Da' Trees!
(In a fantasy setting, you have to worry about dwarves and druids.:smalltongue:)

The Succubus
2010-08-06, 02:20 AM
:durkon: Da' Trees!
(In a fantasy setting, you have to worry about dwarves and druids.:smalltongue:)

Yes but on the flipside, you get dryads. :smallwink:

randman22222
2010-08-06, 07:07 AM
Hmm... A sphinx would be really cool, because I could lie out in the sun all day, being lazy, and super wise. Then when people try to talk to me, I could just ask them riddles! Yeah!

Orrr (more seriously, but don't discount the sphinx)...

A cherub. For some reason I've always felt it'd be cool to be a cherub, with the lion's body, four faces (human, ox, eagle, and lion), and four wings with uncountable eyes on the feathers. Oh, and I've always found that I can somehow relate to the image and aesthetic (but not necesarily idea and connotations... that gets more complex) of the stranger angels that less people know about. :smallsmile:

Teddy
2010-08-06, 06:06 PM
Hmm, I'd like to come back as an eagle. Drifting on the winds while watching for unsuspecting prey with my sharp eyes? Hell yes!

Otherwise - a beloved housecat would be nice. Bears are really cool too (huh, where did that one come from? :smallwink:).

I'd probably be a Dwarf. I'm a stodgy, humorless stick in the mud who hates to go outside his comfort zone, complains a lot, and loves teh shinies. I guess i could learn to like beer if i had to.

Don't worry. Dwarves are automatically proficient in all kinds of beer, and all uses of it, including drinking it.

Raz_Fox
2010-08-06, 06:23 PM
I get to come back as a mythical creature? Oooooh, Kitsune, definitely. A cunning, seductive, magical, and nigh-immortal fox. Yeah!