PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/ Swashbuckler/ Expert 14d6 SA?

Mr.Smashy
2010-08-04, 07:20 AM
I am currently playing a transitioned pathfinder module in 3.5. I was looking at syynergy between the Rogue/ Swashbuckler and the expert from UA. By my calculations it is possible to make a Daring Outlaw with 14D6 sneak attack using the Class Feature abilities from the Expert. With two levels of expert, one after having 4 ranks in Hide and Move Silently, the other after 11 ranks in each you can take sneak attak, and improved sneak attack. I am playing a character I imagine to be tricky, and My question is...

I have all of this information in my head, but have no clue what to do with it. could someone help me with a build?

I want to stick with Rogue/ Swashbuckler and Daring Outlaw.

Thanks in Advance.

~Smashy

Darkxarth
2010-08-04, 07:31 AM
I am currently playing a transitioned pathfinder module in 3.5. I was looking at syynergy between the Rogue/ Swashbuckler and the Expert from UA. By my calculations it is possible to make a Daring Outlaw with 14D6 sneak attack using the Class Feature abilities from the Expert. With two levels of expert, one after having 4 ranks in Hide and Move Silently, the other after 11 ranks in each you can take sneak attak, and improved sneak attack. I am playing a character I imagine to be tricky, and My question is...

I have all of this information in my head, but have no clue what to do with it. could someone help me with a build?

I want to stick with Rogue/ Swashbuckler and Daring Outlaw.

Thanks in Advance.

~Smashy

I assume you are referring to the Generic Classes Expert (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#expert). If so, you are not supposed to use them alongside regular classes.

If you use these generic classes, you shouldn't also use the standard character classes (or variants of those classes). You can still include prestige classes, if you wish to add that level of complexity to your game, but you may have to tweak some prestige class prerequisites that include class features not available to these classes.

Mr.Smashy
2010-08-04, 07:45 AM
Aww Man. I read everything but that portion of the generic class description. Thanks man. I appreciate opening my eyes to this. The devil is in the details I guess.