PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of the Burning Bridge Bureau (4e Sandbox)

Camelot
2010-08-04, 01:18 PM
You are sitting in a small office. A gruff man with a walrus mustache and a shiny head sits behind a desk. "Welcome to the Fannen-Dar Adventuring Guild," he says. "My name is Earl Haggisson, but you'll call me Mr. H. I'm the director of this guild and your trainer. I've reviewed your character sheets...I mean, resumes, and decided that you five lowlevels will fit together as a team quite well."

He flips through a thin paper book for a few seconds. "Next, I'm apparently supposed to tell you what D&D is. Does this thing think I'm stupid? Dang Quick Start Rules, meant for newbs...it's a roleplaying game, blah blah, endless possibilities, blah, fun, yeah...basically, you're going to go around finding anybody who'll give you money if you'll do something for them, and then you'll turn in a percentage of your profits to the guild. Tada."

He stands up to throw the Quick Start Rules in a wooden trash bin. "Now, if you're looking for some easy quests, you can check the bulletin board downstairs. People all over town put up quests and rewards there for the lowlevels to take care of. Really smooth system. If you want something bigger, you can meander over to the Dragon's Den Inn and Taproom (you can't miss it, big sign that looks like a red dragon). There you'll find travellers with news from the surrounding area and some tougher adventures that'll probably end up relating to your background and launching you into a plot. If you can't stand the tavern cliche, you can wander around the town square, where the merchant market is. You'll probably run into a quest there. Just whatever you do, don't walk around in the southeast end of the town too much. There's a lot of theives and gangs down there, so watch out.

"As I said, I'm the director. If you ever need any tips on adventuring, you can come here and ask me. I used to be an adventurer myself. 8th level warlord, they called me 'The Earl.'" He smirks, clearly proud of his title. "So, any questions?" He looks around at the blank stares. "What, were you expecting a dramatic intro scene or something? Is this not enough exposition for you?"

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-04, 06:40 PM
Finally breaking the awkward silence and saying what is on everybody's mind, a singed half-orc glances around before saying, "How did we get into this place that doesn't have a door? What's an exposition? Oh, and uh, when does the dental plan kick in?"

Nai_Calus
2010-08-04, 07:28 PM
"What in the nine hells of Baator is a Warlord? You kids and your new-fangled classes, I swear. The Laughing Rogue would have the mother of all chuckles at you. If he were here." He glares at the man. "You do still have Baator, right?" He sighs. "And I used to be level ten, before that blasted edition change. Oh well, I'm all for the tavern. Wine, women, music... Perfect place to hang around. Wait, we're supposed to be working, aren't we? Wonderful, maybe there's something we can steal."

Da'Shain
2010-08-04, 08:20 PM
A daintily muscular eladrin glances around the room, taking in his new companions with a sigh. Surreptitiously he adjusts the double sword on his back so that it doesn't press between the small of his back and the chair quite so uncomfortably. "I have a question. Yes. Was the first official adventure of your no doubt auspicious career thrown together in such a blunt fashion as this?" He shakes his head slowly, pupilless eyes lidded with poorly concealed boredom as he mutters to himself, "It's for the xp, for the xp, for that valuable experience ..."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-05, 12:31 AM
The half-orc blinks at the follow-up questions, and then points at the eladrin. "Oh, and what's an auspicious?"

Camelot
2010-08-05, 01:39 PM
Mr. H sighs, though it sounds almost like a growl. "They don't pay me enough for this, I swear..."

To the eladrin, he says, "This isn't your first adventure, you inexplicable pansy. I'm giving you the chance to learn the ropes and get to know each other before you head out. That's what exposition means," he adds, glaring at the half-orc. "And don't get on my bad side, Kesar. I'm here to help you...but I could kick all of your butts if you made me."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-06, 12:31 AM
Do'Raugh looks up at the ceiling in hopes of finding a door out of the office which hasn't yet been identified.
[roll0]
1d20 + 2(background) +5(trained)

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-06, 04:55 PM
In any case then, Do'Raugh decides to make a door by attempting to charge through the wall. With any luck, it'll be directly next to where the door is.

[roll0]

OOC:
Assuming this works, Do'Raugh will hunt down the bulletin board and look for jobs that may or may not be related to food.

Camelot
2010-08-06, 10:04 PM
Do'Raugh bursts through the weak wooden wall into a hallway, where worried lowlevel adventurerers quickly scurry away.

"Th-the wall! Why?! The door is right there!" You all look to the right of Do'Raugh to see a simple unlocked door. "They told me that I had to spell everything out for you but...this is ridiculous!"

When you choose to view the bulletin board, you find a wall downstairs covered in sharp nails jutting out from it. Stuck to the nails are pieces of parchment, detailing quests for lowlevel adventurers. Nearby, behind a desk and a pile of parchment, is an old graying eladrin. He seems to be in charge of the board. When you approach, he mutters, "Remember, ten percent of your earnings from advertised quests go to the guild," without looking up from his paperwork.

A few quests catch your eye.

Quest Board
Lost Eyeglasses
I was strolling through the market, near around Avandra's Well, when a particular vendor's merchandise, being particulalry shiny, caught my eye. I took out my eyeglasses to get a better look, when a young hooligan bumped into me, and my glasses plumetted down the well! I need a couple of able young bodies to retrieve it for me.
Reward: 10 gp

Find My Son!
I implore any adventurers who accept this quest, please help me find my son! My name is Reena, and I live in the northeast quadrent across from the temple of Pelor. My son is fifteen years old, has shoulder length light brown hair, blue eyes, and a bright red birthmark on his neck. If you need any more information, please visit me and I'll tell you anything you need. Just bring him back safe!
Reward: 30 gp

Old Innkeeper in Need of Adventurers
This ain't something I can jus' post up on this wall, but I'm in desperate need of adven'churers. Drop by the Dragon's Den Inn with this note for more details.
Reward: 45 gp

Drinking Contest
My friend and I both have the Constitution of a field mouse, but we can't get enough of drinking games. We made a bet to see who could find the best drinker. I'm making good use of my guild membership and asking any adventurers with hearty stamina if they'd be willing to help out. You'll definitely get a share of the pot, and it will be a grand time! Meet us in the Dragon's Den Inn when you're ready, and say you're drinking for Pick (that's me)!
Reward: 25 gp

Debt Notice
A particular client of mine owes me more than he has been willing to pay. The client in question is Oren Illbeard, a dwarf who lives in the southwestern quadrent in his place of work, the Dire Anvil. None of my associates were willing to pay him a visit, but I am willing to pay any adventurers to get what I deserve. Once you obtain the debt (by any means necessary), my associate will collect it by Avandra's Well in the town square, and he or she will give you your reward.
Reward: 100 gp

Nai_Calus
2010-08-06, 11:36 PM
"I'm all for drinking, but I tend to get a little too drunk a little too quickly, I'm afraid. What do you lot think?" Danien asks casually.

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-07, 11:53 AM
"I er..." Do'Raugh orients the paper at a few different angles, making sure he's looking at it right-side-up. "What do you think they will have us drink? Hot chocolate? Tobasco sauce? I once had, like, eight glasses of milk in one setting, then I felt really sick afterwards."

Mando Knight
2010-08-07, 05:08 PM
The group's oversized cat, which had previously been trying to nap despite the shenanigans of the group, stretches and yawns as she walks over to the bulletin board calmly. Suddenly, she turns into a humanoid figure, speaking with a rather bored voice. "If it's a drinking contest, then it's going to be alcohol."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-07, 05:46 PM
"I've never had alcohol before. Is it spicy?"

Mando Knight
2010-08-07, 06:43 PM
The not-a-cat woman's voice is still deadpan. "No. It's completely different. What it tastes like depends on the drink."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-07, 07:29 PM
"Completely different from spicy?" The gears in the half-orc's head- all two of them- are clearly working overtime to comprehend the idea. "So it's... Minty?"

Mando Knight
2010-08-07, 07:52 PM
"Mmmm... mint..." Kitty looks wistful for a moment, then snaps back. "No, they'll likely be drinking beer. Which is more of a harsh bitter-y strong bread-like taste."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-07, 08:45 PM
Do'Raugh begins pulling at his hair. "I thought you said they'd have us drink alcohol! Which one is it, alcohol or beer?"

Mando Knight
2010-08-08, 11:14 AM
"Beer has alcohol in it. Alcohol is usually a part of a drink, not the whole drink by itself." She yawns. "How about we do the other jobs? Drinking myself under the table isn't really my idea of fun."

Looking at the other jobs, she points at the find-the-son one. "What about that one? I like tracking things."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-08, 06:51 PM
"Then why didn't you just say it was bee-" Do'Raugh is cut off mid-sentence by his own thought process. "Oh! I get it! You're afraid of getting wet! That's fine, I guess, but you could have mentioned it earlier, we're not here to judge. I guess that one does have a bigger number on it."

Mando Knight
2010-08-09, 12:31 AM
"...whatever." Turning to one of the more mentally capable party members, she asks "When you decide on a job, could you come get me? I'd rather take a nap than explain everything to him." Yawning again, she stretches. Suddenly, the woman is gone, but a panther-like cat is slinking towards a corner.

Da'Shain
2010-08-09, 10:57 AM
With another small sigh, Qetruqius tosses a smirk at the codgery old-director. I find that getting to know these types seems less than worthwhile. Judging by actions like those," he indicates the splintered wall with a tilt of his head, 'we'll be seeing some membership turnover soon enough." He gets up and, somewhat unnecessarily, opens the obvious door of the room and steps out into the hallway, holding it open for any who follow and then closing it delicately after them.

Downstairs, he stands a healthy distance away from the others, the weapon on his back swaying dangerously every time he shifts. "Sure thing," the fastidiously dressed Eladrin mutters disinterestedly after the departing cat, not really taking his eyes from the billboard. "I see no reason to suffer under any burden of conscience from leaving him in the dark, anyway."

He fingers the innkeeper's notice for a moment, pondering. "This or the debt collection seems most likely to result in some sort of combat. Also, I have no desire to participate in churlish drinking games, so you," he indicates the half-orc with a dismissive wave, "need not learn the finer distinctions between beverages."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-09, 02:52 PM
"Churlish?" Do'Raugh is somehow even more confused than before. "No, I was told it was a beer alcohol drinking contest. I've never had churlish, either. But whatever, let's just pick one or something, I'm not good at thinking."

Da'Shain
2010-08-09, 09:48 PM
"You would no doubt take to churlish quite happily," Qetruqius says hastily, stumbling a bit over the word the second time and hurriedly moving on. "Anyway, I'm sure we all know how many important adventures have been started at innkeeper's behests under secret conditions." He looks around imploringly, as though he hopes someone will agree with him.

Nai_Calus
2010-08-10, 04:48 AM
"I'm quite fond of churlish, bit of a sting, but it's quite nice," Danien says with a wicked grin, deciding that leading the half-orc along would be fun. "And sure, let's go see what the innkeeper wants. Might be interesting. Might make good blackmail material, depending on what it is." He shrugs.

Camelot
2010-08-10, 08:26 AM
You head over to the Dragon's Den Inn and Taproom with the note in hand. Outside, a wooden sign depicting a red dragon breathing fire hangs over the doorway. Inside, the inn is alive with chatter, laughter, and general merrymaking. The bartender is an old man with a toothy smile. He's chatting to a customer, and you can hear his wheezy but contagious laugh from all the way across the room.

He notices the group walk in, and immediately recognizes you as adventurers. "Hey, there, welcome ter the Dragon's Den Inn! How can I help yer?"

Nai_Calus
2010-08-10, 11:08 AM
Danien strolls casually over to the man and discreetly holds up the note, leaning against the nearest object capable of supporting casual leaning without complaining about it.

"Actually," he says quietly, offering his best disarming grin. "We saw this at the guild and were wondering if, perhaps, we could help you."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-10, 09:58 PM
While the "adults" are "talking," Do'Raugh distracts himself by looking for anything "spiffy" or "nifty" on the walls of the inn. I think we're all happier that he's keeping his mouth shut for once.
[roll0]
1d20 + 2(background) +5(trained)

Camelot
2010-08-11, 08:13 AM
The innkeeper recognizes the note immediately. Glancing in both directions he says softly, "Follow me." Before Do'Raugh can really get a good look at anything, he is dragged along to follow the innkeeper. He takes the group to a closet behind the bar just big enough for the six of them.

"This is really embar'ssing," the innkeeper says, "and I cain't let any of my customers know, or else my bus'niss could be ruin'd." He point to a trapdoor on the floor. "That's the basement. I regrit to say that...well...the inn has rats. Big 'uns, too big fer me to take care of 'em. That's why I need you advent'rers, but I couldn't put on the note what the problem was. You un'erstand. So, jes sneak down there fer a few minutes, take care o' them rats, an' come back up here an' I'll give you the reward. You can keep anything you find on the floor down there; the rats probably have trinkits they've stolen. Oh, an' if you can find out how they got in, could you make sure no more come?" He opens the trapdoor and waits for your response.

Mando Knight
2010-08-11, 12:56 PM
Kitty, who had resumed humanoid form for the moment, looks in and grins mischievously. "So it's a hunt, is it?"

Licking her teeth, she starts to go down the trapdoor. "Don't worry. They'll leave you alone when we're done with them."

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-11, 07:26 PM
"Oh! A trap door! Where does it go!? Do'Raugh hastily follows behind not-kitty Kitty.

Da'Shain
2010-08-11, 08:43 PM
"Of course," Qetruqius sighs, his shoulders slumping slightly. "I should've known we'd get the pest quests to begin with. Well, let's get this over with." Reaching behind him, he draws his double blade, holding it down like a spear. He waits for the others to descend, then vaults down the trapdoor, neglecting the ladder to simply drop to the floor.

Nai_Calus
2010-08-11, 11:36 PM
"We'll do our best," Danien says, "Should be fun." He heads down.

"Rats, huh. In my day, rats were pretty tough for level one characters like us. But now we have this silly new edition with its silly easiness. Have you seen how much HP I have?" He shakes his head in disgust. "Won't even need to ask Olidammara for his blessings. Not that I could right now anyway."

Mando Knight
2010-08-11, 11:58 PM
Kitty lets out a slightly hiss-like Shhhh as she transforms again into a cat and starts prowling for rats.

Da'Shain
2010-08-12, 02:02 AM
The eladrin turns a raised eyebrow to Danien as they survey the basement. "Forgive me, but ... just what the heck are you talking about?" He shakes his head. "How could rats have ever possibly been an actual threat to even the most incompetent of adventurers? If you have a boot you have all the equipment you need."

Chuckling at the outlandish notion of normal killer rats, he begins pacing the floor, holding his blades ready for a swift stab.

Nai_Calus
2010-08-12, 03:24 AM
"Back in my edition, we didn't have any of this 'start with 20+ HP' nonsense. We had maybe 10 HP if we were lucky, and most classes not even that. And your AC sucked, period. None of this mamby-pamby 'Oh I have full plate at L1' nonsense. You'd be lucky to clear 15 AC unless DEX was your primary ability score. L1 Wizard could get killed by a housecat." He shrugs and looks around to see if he can find a source of rattiness.

Perception: [roll0]

"We didn't just have 'Perception', either. You had Spot and Listen and Search, and they didn't all use the same ability score. And you had to put points in them individually. None of this 'Oh, I'm trained now' nonsense," he grumbles, sounding for all the world like an old man telling a bunch of damn kids to get off his lawn.

Camelot
2010-08-12, 07:44 AM
Encounter: Rats in the Basement

Monsters
8 Giant Rats
3 Dire Rats

Features of the Area
Illumination: The basement is dimly lit by light coming through the cracks in the ceiling from the taproom above.
Crates and Barrels: Two rows of crates and barrels are stacked in the middle of the room, making three aisles. They are stacked five feet high, leaving five more feet before the ceiling.
Shelves: The walls are lined with shelves of jars and other necessities for the inn and taproom.

Quick Option
5 healing surges (any of you can spend any amount of healing surges, and once the total healing surges spent is 5, you win the encounter without having to go through the details. Thusly, you may roleplay the encounter however you want!)

DanienYou spot a glinting pile of silver and copper on the floor, stashed under one of the shelves. This must be what the rats have pilfered.

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-12, 10:35 PM
"I think the feline wants us to be quiet while she sniffs out the rats!" Do'Raugh whispers to the conversing party despite this whole process being self-defeating.

For whispering:
[roll0]
1d20 + 5(trained) +4(Dex)

Mando Knight
2010-08-14, 10:33 PM
Kitty sniffs and sneaks about the cellar.
[roll0]
(+4 stat +5 trained)
[roll1]
(+3 stat +2 racial)

Camelot
2010-08-15, 07:18 AM
Giant Rat (G)
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion
AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12

Dire Rat (R)
HP 38; Bloodied 19
AC 15, Fort 15, Ref 13, Will 11

Initiative
Kitty 21 (18 + 3)
Do'Raugh 20 (16 + 4)
Dire Rats 20
Giant Rats 12
Qetruqius 8 (4 + 4)
Danien 3 (1 + 2)

I can't figure out how to attach a document, so here's the map for now:
x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . . . .x
3.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
4.x. . .c. . .c.G1 .x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
8.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
9.x. . .G2 . . . .s.x
0.x. . . .G3 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

G = giant rat
c = crate (and/or barrel)
s = stairs (under the trapdoor)
Position yourselves anywhere around or on the stairs.

There is only dim light, so those of you without low-light vision either need to light a sunrod and stick it in your backpack, or take a -2 penalty to attack rolls.

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-15, 11:05 PM
Do'Raugh starts browsing the racks, when he spots a giant rat by his foot. Having enough rat stew for one lifetime, he jumps at the chance to strike it.

1d20+4+3 Vs Reflex (15)
1d20 + 4(Dex) +3 (Prof)
[roll0]
W + 3(Str)

Move: Do'Raugh to H5
Standard: Acrobatic Strike, moving to H4 before the attack.
Minor: Looking for bottles of hot sauce on the shelves. :smalltongue:

x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . . . .x
3.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
4.x. . .c. . .c.G1D.x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
8.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
9.x. . .G2 . . . .s.x
0.x. . . .G3 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

G = giant rat
c = crate (and/or barrel)
s = stairs (under the trapdoor)
D = Do'Raugh

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-15, 11:06 PM
[roll0] Vs Reflex (15)
1d20 + 4(Dex) +3 (Prof)

Mando Knight
2010-08-17, 12:52 AM
Kitty leaps into action, pouncing on the nearest living rat. It doesn't make much of a plaything, despite its size.
Charge to E9, Pounce G3.
[roll0]
(4 Wis + 1 charge)
Hit effect/damage doesn't matter since it's a minion...

Camelot
2010-08-17, 09:42 AM
When Kitty looks down the second aisle, she realizes that maybe her charge wasn't such a good plan.

x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . . . .x
3.x. . .c.R1 .c. . .x
4.x. . .c. . .c.G1D.x
5.x. . .c. .G4c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
8.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
9.x. . .G2 .K. . .s.x
0.x. . . . . . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

The first dire rat skitters around the crates to take on Do'Raugh. It's the biggest rat you've ever seen; it would practically be as tall as you if it stood on its hind legs. It's beady red eyes stare at Do'Raugh hungrily, and it tries to bite into his arm, but Do'Raugh manages to swing his arm backwards to avoid it.

Another dire rat appears, this one dripping saliva all over the floor as it crawls up in front of Kitty. Kitty is preoccupied figuring out which rat to toy with next and only notices the dire rat after its too late. The rat's teeth tear at her leg, and she loses 7 hit points. Kitty also contracts filth fever.

A third dire rat comes lumbering from the far corner of the room down the middle aisle towards Kitty. This one is extremely obese, yet still fast for its size. It charges at Kitty, slamming into her and tearing at her chest with a critical hit! Kitty takes 10 points of damage.

The giant rats then attack. Do'Raugh only has to deal with one, and he also manages to avoid a bite from it. Kitty isn't so lucky. As she's swarmed by the giant rats, she get bitten by both of them for 8 total more points of damage.

x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . . . .x
3.x. . .c. . .c. .R1x
4.x. . .c. . .c.G1D.x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
8.x. . .c.G4R3c. . .x
9.x. . . .G2K. . .s.x
0.x. . . .R2 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

Da'Shain
2010-08-17, 03:04 PM
Still over by the stairs, Qetruqius sees his compatriots' charges end next to the largest rats he's ever seen outside of the Feywild, and then still more come skittering out to take rather large chunks from the headstrong shifter. "I may have spoken rashly on the subject of vermin," he mutters to Danien, before winking out of existence.

Move Action: Fey Step from G0 to C9
Standard Action: Dual Strike on G4 and G2
Attacks: 1d20+3(STR)+3(Prof)+1(Tempest Technique)
Attack G4: [roll0] vs AC
EDIT: Forgot that G4 has cover against Qetruqius from the line of crates/barrels, which gives him a -2 to attack rolls. However, that still comes out to 17, so the action takes place unchanged.
Attack G2: [roll1] vs AC
Regardless of the outcome of the attack, both are marked.

Action Point: Seeing that Kitty is in danger of being eaten by pissed-off prey, Qetruqius spends his action point in order to use Footwork Lure on R2.
Attack R2: [roll2] vs AC
Damage if hit: [roll3]
R2 is also Marked.

Appearing with a *pop* and a slightly queasy look on his face, the eladrin skewers one of the smaller rats with no problem, his blade piercing it through the spine. With a smirk, he whips the other end of his double sword around ... or tries to, but instead ends up flinging the first giant rat aside when his sword sticks inside it and throwing himself off balance, missing the second beast. Thinking to redeem himself, he turns his mistake into a quick spin and attempts to spear the drooling dire rat. He seems to still be wobbly, though, and the blade flashes past the rat's snout, missing it but definitely getting its attention.

x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . . . .x
3.x. . .c. . .c. .R1x
4.x. . .c. . .c.G1D.x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
8.x. . .c. .R3c. . .x
9.x. . .Q.G2K. . .s.x
0.x. . . .R2 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

Nai_Calus
2010-08-17, 05:06 PM
Danien snickers and comes down the stairs, calling pointlessly to his absent god as he lifts his hand and shoots a bolt of divine light at one of the rats attacking Do'raugh.

Move to G7
Lance of Faith
[roll0] vs. Reflex
On hit: [roll1] radiant damage and Do'raugh gets a +2 to his next attack against it
Healing Word on Kitty, will roll d6 in OOC thread.

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-17, 06:24 PM
Do'Raugh looks up at the rodent attacker in horror and jumps nearly out of his boots, "Graugh! Big Rat!" and is suddenly inspired by the Lance of Faith, "Put the pokey thing in it!"

[roll0] Vs. Reflex (13)
1d20+3(prof)+4(Dex)+2(Lance)
[roll1] 9
W + 3(Str) CRITICAL HIT!

And put the pokey thing in it he did!

Using Acrobatic Strike to shift to G3 (Note Giant Rat 1 is KO'd as per the gallery) and attack, no other actions this round.

x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . . . .x
3.x. . .c. . .c.D.R1x
4.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
8.x. . .c. .R3c. . .x
9.x. . .Q.G2K. . .s.x
0.x. . . .R2 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-17, 06:37 PM
A Torch goes off in Do'Raugh's head again, as he screams, "Put the pokey thing in it again!" And continues his faux-rage at the Dire Rat.

Furious Assault: +6 damage to the Dire Rat.

Mando Knight
2010-08-19, 01:33 AM
Kitty hisses, even as Danien's soothing words bring her from the brink of defeat. She leaps at the rats, biting and slashing before bounding back away from them.
Darting Bite on G2 and R3.
[roll0]
(+4 Wis, +2 CA)
[roll1]
(+4 Wis)
If R3 is hit, it takes [roll2]
(1d10, +4 Wis)
If either is hit, shift to H8.
x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . . . .x
3.x. . .c. . .c.D.R1x
4.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c.Da .x
8.x. . .c. .R3c. .K.x
9.x. . .Q. . . . .s.x
0.x. . . .R2 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

Camelot
2010-08-20, 07:48 AM
The dire rats have lost their minions, but they don't give up. However, they seem to have lost a bit of morale. Do'Raugh starts toying with the beady-eyed rat, who tries shifting and biting him, but practically trips over its own foot. The drooling rat, which now has turned its full attention on Qetruqius, tries to bite him, but Q recovers from his little stumble just in time, and with a fancy spin, dodges the glistening teeth. Only poor Kitty gets bitten...again. The fat rat lumbers over to follow her and its teeth tear at her fur, ripping at the wounds that have barely just been healed, dealing 4 damage.

x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . .R1 .x
3.x. . .c. . .c.Do .x
4.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
7.x. . .c. . .c.Da .x
8.x. . .c. . .c. .K.x
9.x. . .Q. . . .R3s.x
0.x. . . .R2 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

OracleofWuffing
2010-08-22, 11:15 PM
Do'Raugh decides it's time to catch his breath a little bit, and ends his assault on the rat with a flashy backflip before taking a few steps back.

[roll0]
1d20+3(prof)+4(Dex)
[roll1]
W + 3(Str)

Acrobatic Strike on R1, shifting one square south after the attack, then using my move action to move the remainder.
x.x.A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
1.x. . . . . . . . .x
2.x. . . . . . .R1 .x
3.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
4.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
5.x. . .c. . .c. . .x
6.x. . .c. . .c.Do .x
7.x. . .c. . .c.Da .x
8.x. . .c. . .c. .K.x
9.x. . .Q. . . .R3s.x
0.x. . . .R2 . . .s.x
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x[/QUOTE]

Da'Shain
2010-08-30, 11:49 AM
Dancing away from the slavering vermin's jaws, Qetruqius sighs theatrically. Big these rats might be, but so far they seemed to be saving all their viciousness for the feline interloper in their midst. Deciding to try and change that, he vaults himself forward towards the bulbous back of the morbidly obese rat attacking Kitty, hoping to skewer this one quickly as well and be done with it.

Move Action:Shift to D8.
Standard: Charge from D8 to F9 (by way of E8, avoiding attack of opportunity if possible), melee basic attack on R3.
Attack: [roll0] (+3 str, +3 prof, +1 FWT, +1 charge)
Damage: [roll1] (+3 str, +2 FWT)
Regardless of outcome, R3 is now marked. R2 is no longer marked.

Camelot
2010-08-30, 12:24 PM
As Qetruqius passes the previous rat, it swipes at him with its dire claws, but only scratches his dust.

Really, he kicked up a bunch of dust. No one ever goes down into this basement.