PDA

View Full Version : Avatar The Last Airbender Solo (IC)

Imbasel
2010-08-04, 01:53 PM
Fire Rock

The world is in turmoil, and once more the Fire Nation is at war, although not one of their doing. Peace, that had existed for centuries shattered in a moment. Lives have been lost, people's homes destroyed and people call out for the Avatar. A call that has so far been unanswered. The has been an ebb in the war, and people whisper of a hope that it will end. Others ponder dark thoughts, as they believe that the pause has been for a large gathering of forces.

The Firebending Temple has been your home, since you were a small child. The academy's students practiced the art of firebending, although at times you couldn't believe how cold they could be. You see your parents 4 times a year, and they seem distant, almost afraid of you.

The Temple sits high above the town of Cresthaven, a port on the western edge of the Fire Nation. The Temple is made of black marble and is carved into the mountainside near the volcano. The townspeople respect those who come from the temple, but they always seem a little distant, as if they realize the power that these people have.

Today is a special day, as it is the beginning of your final days at the Temple as a novice. The Path of the Sun is the final course of the young learners, and should they pass they will become full Fire Temple Sages. A large crowd of your peers is gathered of roughly 15 other students ready to complete this stage. They all wear long red flowing robes as do you, and as you pass by them they seem to shirk away from you, whether from fear or indiference you cannot tell.

You are gathered in the Sun room, where a glass ceiling lets sunlight stream through the room. Its warmth surrounds you, and you notices that the flames in this room seem a bit brighter, and hotter. In the front of the room a man stands who you recognize. His name is Fire Sage Orlang, and is a kindly old man, with short cropped ash hair. His eyes are of amber, and despite his stern face they eye's are those of someone who cares. He was your first instructor, and was always kind to you, often sneaking in sweets for his favorite student. He clears his voice and says to you all

" Greetings students. As all of you know you are nearing the end of your training at the Fire Temple. Upon finishing you may join us as fellow fire sages, or leave and become adventurers, or perhaps just wander the globe testing your abilities. Regardless, before this decision can be made you must walk The Path of the Sun." Fire Sage Orlang looks at everyone at this slowly, the tone of his voice very serious.

" The Path of the Sun has long been a way, to push initiates abilities to the uttermost and see what they will do, under pressure. Fifteen years ago, the Path of the Sun was a slow path, that consisted mainly of spiritual enlightenment. However, as all of you know the Fire Nation is at war. We do not seek to strike back, but only to defend. As such, the Fire Lord has asked that all students who walk the Path of the Sun take a more militaristic approach.

"Not all agree with this, but given events in the past few years it has become crucial that you all learn how to defend yourselves in the heat of combat if necessary. Therefore, all of you will promptly do as I say without any questions once I am done talking. Am I understood?" The students echo back a yes sir, and he nods.

"Good. Now all of you must go the your rooms, in silence and put on your mountain clothes. Then you will make a trek to the top of the volcano. This should only take you 6 hours and it is , but midday yet. From there, you will walk The Path of the Sun. You will have to come back after 6 hours of deep meditation as you try and find your place in the world. Then during the night, you shall have to brave what is on the mountainside until you arrive at the temple. Then you will be greeted, by myself and others to hand you your graduation sash. Should any of you let the darkness, overtake and be consumed by fear send a fire blast straight into the sky. We will come and find you and bring you back. Keep in mind, however, that this will be the end of the test for you and you will have to retake it next year, or leave, us.

He dismisses you all with a wave of his hand, and the students walk along, silently as asked. You arrive at your room which is sparsely furnished, and see that someone has already put your mountain clothes on your bed. On it is a note saying "Good Luck young one. Let the fire that burns within you keep the darkness at bay of the night" There is no signature, but you can tell from the handwriting it is Fire Sage Orlang's.

OOC: This is my first try at DMing so sorry if I mess anything up. Anyway, what do you do? Also, keep in mind you have a +2 to Firebending as long as the sun is up.

Rannil
2010-08-05, 01:58 AM
As Miharu changed her clothes she wondered. "They said some become adventurers after this test." Although she doubted she would get the chance, being in this war. "They even speedup the tests." When she was changed she picked up the note. "I wonder why." But she burned the note, she figured out no else should read it. Then she walks outside seeing whether the other students are ready or not.

Imbasel
2010-08-05, 09:45 AM
As you walk outside your room you find a Fire Sage waiting for you. Putting her fingers to her lips to show that the silence must endure, she motions for you to follow. As you walk in the darkened corridors lit only by small torches, you see that each student also seems to have a Fire Sage assigned to them.

After a few minutes walking you emerge to the mountainside of the Temple. The Fire Sage says to you "It is now time to begin your journey. Keep hope, and reflect on what you have learned as you walk to the volcano."

You hear the same words come from the other Fire Sages, and the students slowly begin to walk on The Path of the Sun.

Rannil
2010-08-05, 01:13 PM
She nodded to the sage, seemly forbidden to speak. Then she too followed the others students on The Path of the Sun ,wondering why she should reflect. Miharu always quickly mastered her fire bending and already spend a lot of time reflecting and repeating, even more sounded pointless. She never understood why she was better then the rest, she just was. Already preparing for the trip back she looked around searching for landmarks that also could be recognized in the dark.

Imbasel
2010-08-05, 01:39 PM
As you walk along the path, the sun beats down on you. The path is well worn, and is made of beaten down grass, that seems to have been trampled over the years. As the hours pass by the sun dips lower, and you can smell the fumes of the mountains. Far off in the distance you can see heat shimmering over the top of the volcano. As you pass by you see a large outcrop of rock that is jet black.

The rock formation, is made of obsidian as you walk closer and light seems to reflect off of it at all angles. As you approach higher, nearing the peak of the volcano you turn around. You can see for miles around, and the temple looks especially small from here. Dusk is approaching and you can see several lit fire at the temple.

The obsidian rock formation is about halfway down, and beyond that about three quarters of the way down is a large copse of burnt trees that stand out from the short shrubbery, and hedges near the path.

You are among the first group to arrive at the mountain side, and there are placemats near the volcano edge for you to meditate on. Students look at each other briefly before settling down on them to begin. Fire Sages, emerge from the forest about 5 and a half hours later with fire in their hands. A loud gong sound comes from the temple, and echos in the mountainside.

The Fire Sage's turn to you and the rest of the group. They say "Miharu you shall go first, as will Zang. You will both take your own path to get to the temple. Zang take the left path, as you did this morning. Miharu, go to the right path as you did earlier. Keep in mind of your inner fire and good luck." Your fellow student Zang looks at you briefly and then smiles. He then walks on his own path. Your path goes into the darkness and beckons you.

OOC: If you could please make listen and spot checks that would be great.

Rannil
2010-08-05, 02:57 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

"Chosen as first?" She started to feel slightly nervous, because she had the feeling there was something behind. When she saw Zang she wondered whether that was sarcastic or not, but nonetheless smiled back. "Now I am getting paranoid." She shook her head, took a deep breath and wandered her own path.

Imbasel
2010-08-05, 03:40 PM
The moon shines brightly on you and it is a bright white full moon tonight. As such it helps to keep you on the path. You can hear the creek of frogs in the night, and at times you hear the brush around you rustle. The animals seem restless tonight.

You manage to get about halfway down the mountain, when you get an eerie sensation as if something is watching you. You hear a snort, and turn your head just in time to see something come from the darkness charging at you.

You manage to twist aside, and avoid what seem to be antlers that blur by. The animal continues onto the brush and then turns around stomping its foot at you, and rears its head back. It looks like it is a wild dragon-moose.

OOC: Please roll initiative and if it is higher then 14 post your actions. The dragon moose is 15 feet away from you on the edge of the path bordering the brush.

Imbasel
2010-08-06, 08:49 PM
The dragon moose rears its head back and charges at you. It comes hurtling your way and screams to a halt right before you. It lifts its hooves and tries to stomp your face. You easily see the blow coming, however and you deftly move out of the way.

OOC: Grr I rolled a 5 for my attack roll. Your actions now.

Rannil
2010-08-07, 03:58 AM
Directly after he dodge she jumps past the creature, landing on her hands and then instantly connects it with a second jump, landing on her feat again (A Handspring) using her inner fire the gain the right amount of speed to do such a action. Then she attacks the beast in it's flank using her fire.

Rolls for firebending and tumble are in the OOC, both could have be passed without rolling I realize now. Take ten on fire bending would lead to a +21 tumble.

In grid terms I am behind the beast, not in his side. I just don't want to punch it's behind.

Also it's a bit rule vague here. I believe I can't flank without someone else (one could argue I am flanking, but the rules specify 2 people are needed), but would the creature still get AoO against me? Fighting unarmed without the feat provokes them normally, but logic says he can't turn to attack.

Anyhow, Attack rolls without flanking:
Right arm: Attack: [roll0] Damage:[roll1]+1(nonlethal)+[roll2] fire.
Left arm: Attack: [roll3] Damage:[roll4]+1(nonlethal)+[roll5] fire.

Imbasel
2010-08-07, 09:53 AM
The dragon-moose roars in pain as the fire sweeps over it. You can smell the singe of burnt hair as the fire sweeps over it. It, quickly turns and lowers its head. You can see its head move upward fast like lightning its antlers speeding to your face. You lean back, and the antlers manage to rip a small lock of hair, but the dragon-moose manages to miss you yet again.

OOC: I'm going to rule you can't flank the dragon-moose because there is nobody else with you. However, I will not allow an attack of opportunity due to the fact the dragon-moose, cant turn around that quickly. I am also denying it its dex bonus, due to the fact you are right behind it. Also, how are you making 2 unarmed attacks with fire blasts? You may only make 1 fire blast with your current BAB regardless, of whether you attack with both hands. You may however, attack with both hands as you just did, but you can't attack and use a fire blast with both. I will take your second roll as that was the one that hit. Also, its your turn now.

Rannil
2010-08-07, 01:34 PM
Another close dodge, she tumbled past the dragon moose, desperate to avoid his antlers. Another pair of punches on its side, although it was hard to punch hard enough to hurt beyond the thick hide, luckily she had fire.

Right fist Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1](nonlethal)+[roll2](fire)
Left fist Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4](nonlethal)+[roll5](fire)

Rannil
2010-08-07, 01:35 PM
Right fist is a crit! Confirm crit roll: [roll0]

edit: hahaha so far my first crit :smallfrown::smallbiggrin:

Imbasel
2010-08-07, 02:37 PM
The dragon-moose groans in pain, and your fists burn, to hand sized holes in its fur. The muscle is showing in some parts, and it lifts its hooves up to stomp you, and crush you to the ground. The hooves reach towards your stomach, and you manage to suck it in avoiding and bone crushing blow.

OOC: It's your turn again and I can't seem to hit you if my life depended on it. Also, the dragon moose is hurting quite badly and this next round could easily finish the encounter.

Rannil
2010-08-07, 03:19 PM
Out of breath but unhurt she's happy the big beast is slow, the same strategy worked twice, so she dances around the beast gain to show attack from behind.

Poor me, now I don't get a heroic scar or wound to ignore while everyone panics.

Imbasel
2010-08-07, 04:23 PM
You unleash a flurry of blows your hands alight with fire. Your first strike solidly connects with the creatures chin, and envelops it in a bright flash of light. The dragon-moose collapses to the ground knocked out from its ordeal. It won't be getting up anytime soon. The moon is still high and you still have much of the path to walk.

OOC: Nice work on the dragon moose, if is ok with you I will award xp at the end of The Path of the Sun. Also, please roll listen and spot check rolls again if you could please. I'm rolling for chance encounters right now.

Rannil
2010-08-07, 04:44 PM
Miharu takes a deep breath. She couldn't believe she was unharmed after this, hopefully she kept being that lucky. when she got her breath back she looks around wondering if there were more, or maybe it was a stray. "Or part of the test?"

Listen: [roll1]

Imbasel
2010-08-07, 05:08 PM
You hear a loud squeek as 2 rats scurry past you in the darkness. Looming forward looks like a wild dogs it's teeth yellow munching on a rat. It looks at you and growls and bares it's teeth.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 02:59 AM
She stares to the dog, the fact he was eating made him look more scary then normally. "Errr... nice doggy, I won't hurt you if you don't hurt me?"

Handle Animal: [roll0]

Imbasel
2010-08-08, 05:13 AM
The dog looks at you for a moment, and runs to you. You look ready to defend yourself, but the dog skids to a stop. It licks your hand and wags its tail in front of you. On the dogs side you see a deep cut that looks like it came from some type of animal.

OOC: Nice roll, on the handle animal check you easily beat the DC to calm it which was a 15.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 06:40 AM
"At least it wouldn't attack me" she thought as she planned to continue. But something inside she couldn't leave the wounded creature without helping him. Al though she lacked the tools to do so. she thought fora moment and ripped a part of her clothing off and tried to bind it around the wound. "Sorry, it's the best I can do, it won't get more dirty. And you are strong, you can still hunt eh."

Heal check: [roll0]

Imbasel
2010-08-08, 06:48 AM
The dog stays still, as you attempt to heal its gash. Unfortunately, you don't know how to close the wound so it still bleeds slowly. Luckily, however your attempt has slowed down the bleeding, and will also help against infection. The dog licks your face and runs once more into the night.

OOC: I presume you are going to continue on your journey? If so I will post what happens as dawn breaks as you arrive at the temple if you choose to continue.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 07:00 AM
"Bye" She says and smiles, the dog still can run so he, or she, would probably turn out fine. Then she continues on, she already spend to much time and she didn't want to return as last.

Imbasel
2010-08-08, 08:13 AM
The darkness grows lighter as dawn approaches and the rest of your path is uneventful for the most part. During the night you saw many flashes of fire into the night sky. Evidently, many of your classmates had difficulty. You arrive at the temple and you see that there are two people waiting for you outisde the temple. As you walk down the path you can finally mke out who they are. Fire Sage Orlang is standing outside with Fire Sage robes folded in his arms. Even from 50 feet away you can see one of his rare smiles across his face.

In stark contrast is Zang. His clothes are in tatters and he is covered in mud. He looks at you with a scowl on his face that could curdle milk.

As you aproach Fire Sage Orlang says It is with great happiness that I present you Miharu with these Fire Sage robes. You are the first to pass this test.. His arms outstretch beckoning you to take them. Before you make your decision however Zang shouts at you
Miharu I challenge you to an Agni Kai. It shall take place 1 hour from now just past sunrise do you accept?!

Fire Sage Orlang looks furious at the boy and shouts What in all that is holy are you doing?

Zang gives a sly grin and says I have not failed my test yet Fire Sage Orlang. The records state those that fail may challenge a person who has successfully walked The Path of the Sun. Should they succeed they shall pass while the other shall them fail. So what do you say Miharu do you wish to fight or do you wish to fail and be a loser. I know that many of the students here will love to see you fall.

OOC: Here are some basic things about an Agni Kai should you accept the challenge. You are in a raises stone platform 30 feet long and 30 feet across. The people fight until a person yields or a person would fall to 0 hit
points or less. They instead fall uncouncious and lose the match. There is no way to kill somebody unless they strike after they are knocked out. Since you are level one the match will be over fairly quickly most likely in a few rounds. No weapons are allowed in the match only firebending.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 08:37 AM
Miharu rolled her eyes while she stares coldly towards Zang. "I have encountered an aggressive wild moose, three giant rats and a wild dog. And all I got is a tear in my clothing." She shows the tear. "I don't think a loser who cannot except his place is going to be any problem, I accept."

OOC: No weapons also mean no punching I would assume. I don't think my cowards tactic (duck behind the enemy and punch) is such a good thing to use in a honor fight anyways.

Imbasel
2010-08-08, 08:51 AM
Zang eyes grows slightly large as you tell him of your exploits. He looks like he regrets challenging you, and his jaw is taut with tension. He nods and walks away slowly back to the arena. Fire Sage Orlang looks at him and shakes his head. He turns to you and says That bot has bitten of more than he can choose. Give him a good thrashing will you? He's always been far too arrogant for his own good. Follow me dear, and I will take you to the arena now if you wish.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 09:07 AM
"And a good trashing he will get." She promised as she followed the Fire Sage, as she thought: "Disrespectful Zang, he probably would have challenged me more if I had been wounded. Lucky me for not getting hurt I guess."

Imbasel
2010-08-08, 09:29 AM
Fire Sage Orlang walks you to the arena, which takes about 10 minutes. You arrive there in silence as Fire Sage Orlang muses to himself. As you walk into the arena you see a raised platform made of white marble. It is a 30 by 30 foot square of marble, and at each opposite end are places marked off for opponents to face each other. You take your place at one end and see there are seats in the arena area that people can watch from. Fire Sage Orlang hits the gong showing that a Agni Kai will take place soon. The sound echos over the complex like a clear voice on a summers day. Slowly people trickle inover the course of 45 minutes. They nod at you respectfully, and take their seats. There are about 100 people here waiting for the start of the battle. Five minutes before it starts Zang arrives scowling at you. Several, cheers from the novices cheer for him, which he bows for. Its interesting to note almost all the Fire Sages are looking at you however.

Fire Sage Orlang walks to the middle part of the stage. Clearing his voice he yells Today Zang, has challenged Miharu, to an Agni Kai. Should he win he will past his test as he failed. Should Miharu win she will pass as she would have, and Zang will have another year at the temple for the second year in a row. Now let us begin!

Fire Sage Orlang runs off the platform hitting the gong with a mighty blow, signifying the start of the Agni Kai. As he does so dawn breaks and you can feel the heat and power of the sun behind your back. Zang readies himself, planting his feet firmly.

Roll better then a 19 for initiative and you will go first. Also punching is ok as long as your fire blast goes with it.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 09:33 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Rannil
2010-08-08, 09:38 AM
OOC: That's a 'I go first'. Can't roll in an edit, so new post.

As soon as the Fire Sage accounts the beginning Miharu storms over of the field and jumps to flow into somersault, landing besides Zang. Showing no remorse she aims for two hard fire punches in his side.

Imbasel
2010-08-08, 10:02 AM
The crowd is stunned, by your lightning fast movements at Zang. He attemps to block your strikes, but your right swing moves faster then he can block, crushing into his side inflicting a burn. Howling in pain he shouts again as your left hand swing connects right into his upper ribs.

He manages to recover enough to create a fire whip. The whip, is red hot and you can feel the heat pouring off it. He lashes out lightning fast, but he overextends his arm. As he does so the whip recoils and slashes himself across the face diagonally. He howls in pain and collapses to the ground knocked out.
Everybody watched stunned in silence. Cheers go out for you as Fire Sage Orlang holds up your hand as victor. Evidently, some people thought Zang was too cocky as well. As you turn your head you see him glaring at you being carried away be healers

OOC: Take 1100 in xp. In case you were wondering it was 300 for the moose, 600 for the agni Kai as he was level 2, 100 for the dig, and 100 for completing The Path of the Sun. Did you curse my dice at home? I rolled for his firebending and he got a 19 plus a 12. He then rolled a 1 for his attack. Another roll to confirm... Another one.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 11:00 AM
OOC: I also blessed the forum roller, out of 15+ rolls I only failed 5 (not including damage) and at least 8 of those were 15+, and even 4 20+. Beginners luck, or blessed because I am the avatar? :smalltongue:

Miharu had won, but didn't really feel like winner. "In the end it was Zang's own recklessness and desperation to win that made him loose control." She thought thinking out loud while she shook her head. Somewhere deep in side she was hopeful that she at least taught him a lesson, although that feeling felt naive

Imbasel
2010-08-08, 11:46 AM
The crowd starts to part and Fire Sage Orlang, walks you back to your room for some peace and quiet. As you arrive you see that he has a wry grin on his face. He turns to you and says Miharu, you've made me very proud of you today. You have always been my favorite, student and you have been for wiser, and more powerful then I ever was at your age. I also, remember that tomorrow is your birthday.. His grin grows slightly wider and he pulls something from his neck. He opens his hands and you see something that stops your breath.

A gold medallion with two twin dragons one red and one blue circling each other is handed to you. In the center is an opulent ruby, and you turn it over to the back. On it it is engraved saying Miharu- You've been the daughter I've never had. Remember that in the darkness is your own light shining above all others.. He smiles and says Well put it on, I want to see how it looks on you.

OOC: I took some liberties and made your birthday tomorrow in game time. I hope you don't mind.

Rannil
2010-08-08, 02:35 PM
As she slowly put the amulet around her she barely could mumble the words. "Thank you." She felt so honored by this gift she felt back in er 'so shy she couldn't talk'. she did smile brightly and nodded happily.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 07:06 AM
Fire Sage Orlang bows to you and says " That medallion is is one of a kind. It has been passed down through Fire Sage's throughout time, and only to those to be compassionate, and promising. It is called the Heart of the Dragon. Legends say that two twin dragons breathed fire upon this ruby, in its creation.

As he says this you notice that the ruby itself is pleasantly warm, and that it almost seems to have a pulse. Fire Sage Orlang continues saying " As long as this is worn you will notice, your firebending will be slightly more powerful. In a soft voice he whispers to you " I know you have much conflict my little Miharu, within you. The decision you must make to stay here or leave will not occur until after the annual festival in town tomorrow. Just do what your heart tells you. But, if your heart tells you to leave, please come and visit an old man once in a while.

And with that, Fire Sage Orlang leaves.

OOC: Sorry, for the long delay in posting. Also, the amulet you have provides a +2 Firebending bonus. Your actions are as you wish, and if you decide to go straight to bed that is fine as well.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 08:05 AM
As the Fire Sage left she reflected over what happened the past two. It has been quite busy, but she achieved a lot. And tomorrow is going to be another busy day. She thought what Fire Sage Orlang said, she wanted to leave here for ages, but as that faithful day grew closer there was this weird feeling. Almost of if she was going to miss it here.
She divided to sleep, to prepare for tomorrow.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 08:14 AM
Sleep did not come easily to you last night. You had fitful dreams, of fire and ash. Screams echoed your dreams, and blood poured down the street of Fire Rock. As you wake up you notice you are in a cold sweat, and that your bedding is all tousled up. Light streams in from a nearby window hit your face, and illuminating the room.

You see that somebody also, slipped a piece of paper underneath your door, as you slept.

OOC: Are you having fun, and am I railroading too much? I'm a new DM so any advice would be great.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 08:30 AM
OOC: I'm enjoying it. I don't worry about t much railroading now, that sort of feels part to the introductory, I assume I will get more freedom when I leave the temple.

As she woke up terrified she shook her head. "It was just.. a dream?" She doubted. When she spotted the piece of paper she stared at it for a few minuets. then finally she jumped out of bed to pick it up and see what it is.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 08:46 AM
You pick up a crisp piece of white paper, that has dark ink on it. It says "I'm going to be at the festival today, and I urge you to come. Our temple has its own tent, and there shall be a ceremony celebrating our towns founding 300 years ago. If you could meet me in the Fire Temple Tent at sundown I would appreciate it. The rest of the day is yours to do as you wish." The letter is signed Fire Sage Orlang.

OOC: Thanks for the input. Also, since you spent so little money during character creation if you see anything you wish to buy presume you have the money to buy it unless I tell you otherwise. The Fire Sage's give out a small stipend, each week to its students. However, since they've kept you in the temple most of the time you have a rather large savings.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 09:11 AM
She almost nodded as she read the letter, then she burned it just in case. She wouldn't forgot it. Then she decided to get dressed, in her brand new fire sage robes, and go to festival to forget the awful nightmares.

OOC; The cheapest I can think off is a pair of Brute Gauntlets, 500 gp. From the MiC 83. Al though there are a lot of 1000gp (standard) items, but judging from WBL 1000gp should be just of out my price range.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 09:30 AM
The red cloth of the Fire Sage, robes clings tightly to your body. The robes themselves have long flowing sleeves that cut on the forearm to allow freedom of movement. The back end of the robes, stops at around your ankles, and there is a small hood in case of rain.

The day is beautiful, and the sun is shining high, and the birds are singing. The path from the Fire Sage Temple, is well maintained and you arrive in the town within a 20 minute walk. As you near the town, you can hear lots of yelling and music. You make your way to the edge of town on the waterfront where the festival is being held.

There you see many merchant stalls set up, with wares from all over the 4 nations. One merchant is a fruit seller, and promises the most delectable peach-fruit from the city of Ba Sing Sey. Other merchants, sell Fire Nations weapons and other foodstuffs. One vendor has small toys and, among other things made specifically for the festival.

Near the edge of the waterfront are two Fire Nation Navy ships that are currently docked. Children wander back and forth, on it their parents chasing them. The sandy beach provides a respite for the heat, as tall tree's help cover those who get to hot. Many, people are swimming and you see a couple of people in Water Tribe clothing splashing each other using waterbending. Ships constantly move in the bay area, mainly fishing, although there are some out just for a sail.

On the far end of the street hosting the festival, are several of your classmates, playing some type of game involving rings and bottles.

OOC: Magic doesn't really exist in this setting, although I don't have my copy of MiC on hand, I'm fairly certain its magical. Also, wealth is a lot lower in this campaign world. It can be found on the site http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/equipment%26machinery. Also, do whatever you like its about miday, so let me know what you want to do and it can be done.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 09:51 AM
She wandered around enjoying the festival in all it's glory. When she saw her classmates she almost wanted to talk towards them, but she suspect they wouldn't welcome there. So she ended up staring at them from a distance.

OOC: True, I kinda forgot they got everything covered. And magic sort off, it is called the Magic Item Companion. Lack of magic may bring some problems later, but no worries now.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 10:04 AM
You manage to get closer, and see your classmates playing a ring toss game. The vendor who is there keeps on chuckling as your classmates keep missing the tops of the rings. They spend a few minutes there, trying to get one of the big prizes. After, wasting a few minutes they shrug and you overhear one of them say " This game is impossible, nobody can score."

As if on cue, a male teenager around your age, lifts himself up from the wall, the he was leaning on. He carries a tall brown staff, and has blue tattoos covered over his body in the form of arrows. He goes over to the game and hands over a coin to play the game. The girl absent-mindedly hands him some rings without paying attention. They boy grins and quickly shoots out three rings that all land, right on top of the bottle. The girl finally pays attention and groans as she realized she let an airbender play. The boy points to a large stuffed dragon. He walks over to you and says "Do you want this? I only played to make a point to those other Fire Sages over there. At our temple they teach patience, and those guys were just throwing the rings, taking no time to see the path to success. My name is Tav, by the way." You can get from his voice that Tav, is a very upbeat person.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 12:04 PM
"Patience is like water to a firebender.... they do teach it." She said defending the temple more ten she wanted. Then she suddenly realized she was offered the dragon, she stared it mumbling. "Well... it would be a nice... gift..." She didn't know what more to say and started shyly fiddling with her robes.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 12:39 PM
Tav, gives you a big smile and says " Hey you look like somebody who is fun, do you wanna hang with me? I've met some people out in the water who are waterbenders, and have a boat. They said they could take me out for a ride on it to the other side of the island. They said its the perfect spot for sunbathing, and that the fireberries are ripe for picking."

The teenager boys, from your temple look at your curiously to see what your response will be.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 01:40 PM
It was one of those rare times that someone wanted to do something with her, and of her on age nonetheless. She just couldn't say no, or anything at the moment. After what felt likes ages she finally would the courage to say. "Well yes... that's sounds like fun..."

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 01:55 PM
Tav gives you a bright smile that reveals two rows of perfectly straight white teeth. He shouts "Whoohoo", and jumps about 15 feet in the air. The teenagers from your temple, just shake their heads and walk away chuckling. Tav grabs your hand and pulls you through the crowd. Within a couple of minutes you spot the waterbenders you say earlier. Tav gives a shout saying " Hey, I'm back and I was wondering if I could have that ride along with my friend here... wait whats your name?"

The taller of the two waterbenders a female girl around your age shouts back " Sure Tav, whatever you want." Using waterbending, the two waterbenders make a pillar of water that pushes them high into the sky. It then moves them over to their ship.

Their ship, seems to be wooden and made out of animal parts at some point, like hide. A gangplank comes down, and Tav still holding your hand drags you onto the ship. The waterbenders quickly bend the water so they are out into the harbor, easily outclipping other ships.

The ship itself is about 30 feet long 10 feet wide, and 10 feet deep, so your on the first uppermost level. The girl, who was talking earlier lets the guy do the steering. She turns to you and says " My name is Kalia, whats your name?"

OOC: Talk for as long as you like. Whenever, you want to stop talking and get to that part of the island let me know and you will arrive. In game its about a two hour boat ride, so presuming you spend about an hour and a half there, you will be back in time for the Fire Sage ceremony.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 02:10 PM
Feeling so overwhelmed that she started to forgot to be shy, Miharu somewhere enjoys being dragged around. She is finished by the ship and does an out of staring. When asked for her name she both times answers with. "I'm called Miharu." But the second time she adds. "Brand New Firesage." as she bows.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 02:14 PM
Tav and Kalia's eyes widen at the mention of you being a Fire Sage. Kalia says " Wow, I've never met a Fire Sage before what is it like? Do you get to play with fire a lot?"

OOC: So you have decided to become a Fire Sage. Very interesting, this will change things up a little bit. Since your the Avatar (although you do not know it yet), your not supposed to be in any group officially. Unofficially, however you can give your full support towards things and you can be regarded as an adviser and friend. However, that is for later.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 02:38 PM
OOC: Well... errr... Can't a girl brag? Don't take it to serious... yet. Avatars need to travel anyways eh... :smalltongue:

"Of course, lot's of fire. And so many impatience co-students being to impatience to control it. Then fire plays with them." It was her attempt to make a joke, she wasn't experienced with that.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 02:46 PM
Tav gets a small grin on his face, and Kalia gives a throaty chuckle. She says " Back in the water tribe patience is something everbody is taught. There's no sense in tacking down an animal, only to scare it away, because you couldn't wait five minutes. What about you Tav, what was it like living with the Airbenders?

Tav pauses for a moment and leans against the ships railing, apparently heedless of the water churning past him only feet below. He says " Living with the Airbenders was something I miss some days. All of my people are Airbenders and you know everybody in the community. Its great I knew everybody in the temple that I grew up in.

Still at times I felt restricted, alone even. The monks, taught us to value freedom, and not to impose our beliefs on others. Still being up on a mountainside made a person question, how free you are. I could count on one hand how many times I left the temple, before I received my tattoos."

OOC: It's fine for right now as nobody else knows to your knowledge, including yourself your the avatar. Just later in game, when you do know the avatar is supposed to be neutral towards, all or people cry out favoritism.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 03:02 PM
OOC: They probably would cry out favoritism until I really hurt the fire nation. But that's going to far ahead.

She smiled as the others laughed at her joke, it almost felt like a accomplishment. "You could leave whenever you wanted?" Miharu said jealousy. "They taught us mostly discipline, control and tried to teach us patience. but the wouldn't let us go, afraid that we would loose control due our emotions and get consumed by fire."

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 03:10 PM
Kalia shakes her head and says " You poor thing. I always thought that the Fire Nation was kind to its own people, especially its benders. I was free to leave as I wished."

Tav shakes his head and says " There is some wisdom in what the Fire Sage's did Kalia. If they were afraid of having their students lose control, they wouldn't want them in town. Still, I would think that the initial training would have been enough to let some of the older students go at least. I rarely got out, and now I'm on my own for the first time in my life."

Rannil
2010-08-09, 03:30 PM
"Well, it is indeed necessary, but still so restricting. And well... being the best in class didn't help. Older ones can leave, sometimes, and mostly only to this town. Well after 14 years of training you can choose to leave for as long as you want, or stay and become a true fire sage."

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 03:42 PM
Kalia frowns saying " Why did you decide to become a Fire Sage? If it was me and I was locked up in a stuffy temple for most of my life, I would want out as soon as I could.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 03:55 PM
"Well, I didn't had a chance to choose and my parents were kinda bribed. And I heard terrible stories over the ones that tried to escape. I think most of those were lies, but when I was a little girl I believed it all. A lot of others seem to accept it, so it ain't that bad."

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 04:14 PM
Kaila and Tav's jaw drop. Tav says " Wait your parents were bribed, for you to be in the temple? My gosh, what type of people are they? I always knew my parents, and they told me that I never had to stay at the temple if I didn't wish and they were airbenders!"

Kaila says " Why were your parents bribed, and who would give up their kid for money?"

Rannil
2010-08-09, 04:29 PM
"it isn't so bad as you think... Firebending is a talent that if not spotted earlier can lead to a lot of damage... The temples always try desperate to prevent that by recruiting as young as possible... And well maybe bribed isn't the right word... I dunno... My father is a soldier and in these times that isn't a certain job, any money was welcome... I think they were desperate and normally sending someone to a temple costs a lot of money... and the idea of a untrained firebender is well... scary... I basically got free education and living and my parents had a bit easier with their income you know..." Miharu started to feel guilty to portrait everything in such a bad light, it wasn't that bad in the fire nation, but clearly a lot different."

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 04:34 PM
Tev nods his head and turns to Kalia and says " It was much the same for us fellow airbenders. All people born among the Air Nomads is an Airbender, so we live isolated lives until we earn our tattoos. The masters believe that we will have learned patience and wisdom by then. What Miharu's parents did was probably the best they could do for her, as well as themselves."

Kalia shakes her head and says " Maybe, its just the way I grew up, but I never thought temple learning was for me. In the water tribe we have classes once a week for a day. We use waterbending every day though, just to get by, so maybe that's where the difference is. Still I feel that the Fire Nation has a reason to want a lot of firebenders.

I mean you guys are at war right now. I know theres been a lull in fighting.... but I get this feeling deep in my, gut its going to get worse."

Rannil
2010-08-09, 04:44 PM
"Yeah, I got that feeling too. They even sped up the time it takes for the final exams... But to be honest I don't know any others who's parents got payed like this. There are a lot of parents that get most of their money back, but still need to pay for the education initially." She frowns. "Well I am one of the youngest too... But I don't want to do anything with politics, not my cup of tea."

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 04:52 PM
Kalia turns her head and says " Well you said that you were the best in your class, and the youngest right? Maybe, they realized your potential, and wanted you to be something the Fire Nation could use.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 05:02 PM
"Maybe... Probably... But they didn't do a god job in wanting me to stay." She said jokingly.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 05:05 PM
Tev sighs and goes back shouting " You girls have your girl talk and what not. Wake me when we get to the other end of the island."

Kalia gives him a small grin and sticks out her tongue saying " You meanie. She turns to you and says " But, hey a girl has to get out sometime right? what does a Fire Sage do anyway, and more to the point what do you want to do?"

Rannil
2010-08-09, 05:16 PM
"It's so great to have someone to talk too indeed. Most of my fellow students always whispered that the Fire Sages favored me and helped me because I am the best in class. But that's in the best now. I'm not sure what a Fire Sage does, except training fire benders, but what I want to do... Travel around the world sounds interesting and making friends everywhere, like you guys sounds fun." Miharu smiled.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 05:34 PM
Kalia nods her head and says " Maybe you can do both b be a fire sage and a wanderer. Maybe you can find prospective benders and send them to school as you wander the globe?"

Rannil
2010-08-09, 05:46 PM
Miharu thought for a moment. "Well, there is something to be said for maybe a friendlier way of training fire benders, but I am way to young to teach people."

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 05:55 PM
Kalia places her hands on the sides of the boat. Facing the sea she says " Well, maybe you could adventure for a while. Maybe adventuring will help you as a Fire Sage."

Rannil
2010-08-09, 06:09 PM
Miharu also stared out to the see. "Yeah. And the world must be filled with wondrous places, I haven't seen a thing out there yet."

OOC: I am btw off to bed now, next reply will be in 8-12 hours depending on how long I sleep. :smalltongue:

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 06:07 AM
Kalia turns to you and says " If you want, you can come with my brother and I after the festival. Were going to the Fire Nation capital to visit some family. After that, we are just going to go with the wind takes us. Tev is coming too." Kalia looks at you with a small, hopeful look on her face.

Rannil
2010-08-10, 06:59 AM
Miharu starts to go by the offer. "You got family in the fire capital? I means sure, if they let me go. That's sound awesome."

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 07:21 AM
Kalia gives you a big smile, and you soon find yourself enveloped in a huge tight hug. She says " Great, its decided then after the festival see if you can leave Fire Rock. My family, is a bit different if you want to know. One side is waterbenders, but after the last war a lot of them went to live in the Fire Nation. Let's just say, that my uncle is..... somebody important over there."

Rannil
2010-08-10, 07:40 AM
She hugged back as a sort reflex and couldn't hep but smile too. Aftward she says. "Yeah, I blame those old schoolbooks that still say everyone stays within their nations. Heck, I don't even know most of my family, maybe I got family outside the fie nation as well."

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 08:37 AM
Kalia says " Maybe, when we go to the capital we can try and find some of your family as well. It's decided, then. I wonder what Tev's family is like? I know he lived in an Air Temple near the Fire Nation capital."

Rannil
2010-08-10, 08:55 AM
"Who knows..." She falls silent for a moment. "Qwh.. err.." She starts again. "I don't wanna sound impatience or anything, but are we almost there yet?"

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 09:06 AM
Kalia nods, and points her arm out. As you look in the direction, the ship turns entering the bay. A huge white expanse of sand streches out on the shore of the island. Near are are tree's bearing fireberries. Birds chirp, and Kalia quickly manages to, land the ship with her brother on the shore. You hop off, and land on warm white sand that relaxes beneath your feet.

Kalia's brother hops off the ship and yawns. He throws a blanket down and rips off his shirt revealing powerful muscles. He lays down on the sand sunbathing. Kalia strips to reveal a powder blue bathing suit. She quickly goes into the water, and starts swimming around much faster then you would ever think possible.

Tav looks at you and says " What do you want to do? Do you want to go swimming, or explore the island a bit? I will take about an hour and a half to get back, so we have about an hour and a half.

Rannil
2010-08-10, 09:47 AM
Realizing she didn't had anything to swim n she said. "Well I think exploring in fun, never been here. Also, I don't really like swimming. Guess that fits a fire bender."

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 10:03 AM
Tav nods and gestures for you to follow. You walk up a path, that has clearly seen little use from humans. Weeds are overgrown on the path, and it is littered with dead branches. Fireberry tree's surround the path. After 20 minutes of walking you reach a branch in the path. One goes left the other right. The one to the left has dead trees and goes to an inactive volcano. The one the right,goes lower and will eventually wind back to the beach. Tav says " So which way do you want to go? It doesn't matter to me."

Rannil
2010-08-10, 10:26 AM
"It looks like not a lot of people come here." She says while staring at the branch in the path. "Well plenty of time, how about left?"

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 10:51 AM
Your walk on the path is getting noticeably warmer the higher you go up which is strange. The volcano shouldn't be producing heat anymore if its inactive. As you approach the top you see something that stops your breath.

Men scores of men dot the countryside. They appear to be stomping their feet on the volcano side. Portions of the mountain start sliding off, and you can feel the ground rumbling beneath your feet. It appears they are trying to start an eruption again!

Tav mutters under his breath and his face turns white. He turns and says " My god, I've heard of some horrible things people have done, but this. All these people will die, if we don't do something.

As he says this a rock whizzes by his face scraping his chin. Two figure fly up from above and land before you, about 20 feet away. Two Earthbenders in Earth Kingdom military uniforms are before you. One of shouts " No one must see this. Kill them"

The earthbender who spoke, moves lightning fast and sends a rock for Tav's head. Tav, brings out his airbenderstaff and quickly twirls it around deflecting the attack.

OOC: Way to choose the correct path. It will have certain benefits that you will know of later. Please roll initiative so I know how to do events.

Initiative Order:
Earthbending Soldier #1: 21 (he got a nat 20 and already performed his action this turn.)
Tav:16
Earthbending Soldier #2: 12

Rannil
2010-08-10, 11:21 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Edit: I also realized my HP is still level 1... Should I roll or just take average (low or high?)?

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 11:52 AM
Tav, quickly does a complex figure eight motion with his staff. A body of air emerges from him, and slams into the Earthbender who attacked him earlier. The air thrust slams into him and launches the Earthbender back 15 feet. He then rolls on the ground prone. He appears to have broken his arm in the rolling, and is barely awake.

OOC: Since this is solo lets keep it simple and give you max. You are going to be going up against some pretty tough people. Also, its your turn since your dex is higher.

Rannil
2010-08-10, 12:44 PM
Miharu dashes towards the second Earth Bender and jumps over him, then launches two fiery fists at his back.

It's a bit rolling madness. So I keep with 1 bulrush attempt, even do I got two chances (makes sense, if the first hit the enemy flies away before the second punch). If you allow a bit of meta gaming the attempt will always be on the last attack that hits, otherwise it will always be on the last attack (unregarded of whether that attack hits or not.)

Basics:
Explosive Fire Blast (DC 15) [roll0]
For every 4 higher then 15 get a +1 on the bulrush attempt. > +5 on bullrush
Burning Rush (DC 10)[Take Ten] -> 27
For very 5 higher then 10 +5 bonus on tumble. -> + 20 Tumble
Tumble (DC 25) [roll1]
Auto pass.

Attack:
Right fist Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3](nonlethal)+[roll4](fire)
Left fist Attack: [roll5] Damage: [roll6](nonlethal)+[roll7](fire)

Bullrush: [roll8]+[5]=[11]

If the bull rush pushes the enemy more then 10 feet -> Reflex save (DC 14) or fall prone.

I got this copy pasted, so the next times will be faster.

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 02:32 PM
OOC: Just to check to make sure you agree with me on this. Your fire blast got a natural 20 which is great, and is an automatic success of course. However, both attacks miss. Even though you performed the seed correctly, and did great on it you still miss, as his AC is 16. Do you think thats fair?

Rannil
2010-08-10, 02:46 PM
OOC: It's a shame, but that hows it works eh. It happens. Also I always auto succeed, I only roll for the higher bullrush bonus.
But 16 AC... That is 20% hit chance for me. :smalltongue:

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 02:52 PM
Fire bursts from your hands, and sound like thunder as they sweep down to the Earthbender. He however, dodges underneath your blow, and looks at you grinning. He waves his hands and says ""Bye see you later" He stomps his feet hard to the ground, and puts his fist together. He then quickly moves them in an upwards motion.

A column of rock bursts underneath your feet threatening to throw you into a nearby tree.

OOC: Please make a Reflex save of 13. Also, you have a better chance of hitting hit with your ranged blast.

Rannil
2010-08-10, 03:00 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

OOC: I would have less chance with ranged attacks. Unless he has a dex of 11 or lower. Then I would have the same chance.
Wait scrap that, my bad, still a lot less damage.

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 03:17 PM
You manage to avoid the the spike of rock that shoots up between your feet that would have thrown you far away.

The first Earthbender who had a broken arm stands up, grasping through the pain he launches another earth blast at Tav. However, this time it gets through Tav's defense and a rock slams into Tav's waist doubling him over. Tav's face furrows in concentration as he creates a powerful air blast against the Earthbender. The earthbender is surprised by the huge blast against him, and you see him thrown off his feet once more, only this time its much father. The Earthbender flies 25 feet through the air, until he disappears over the lip of the hill you are on. You hear a loud cracking noise that sounds like his neck.

OOC: Your turn. Also, never make airbenders angry. They will throw you far far away.

Rannil
2010-08-10, 03:29 PM
this guy was annoying, she needed to concentrate her power and add more power instead of more attacks. She again charges and jump over the enemy, this time preparing a single punch.

Fire Bending:
For every 4 higher then 15 get a +1 on the bulrush attempt. > +1 Bull Rush
For every 5 higher then 10 +5 bonus on tumble. -> +20 Tumble
Tumble (DC 25) [roll1]
Auto pass.

Attacks:
Fist Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3](nonlethal)+[roll4](fire)
If it hits -> Bull Rush: [roll5]+[1]= [7]
If the checks beats the opposed check with more 5 -> Enemy must make a Reflex Save (DC 14) or fall prone.

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 04:20 PM
You manage to drive your fist into a flaming uppercut into the Earthbenders jaw. As you do so he stumbles back five feet, and only has a few more feet before he falls off the edge. He quickly,pounds the earth and a stone column sends him flying over your head and he lands 35 feet away on the edge of the forest.

Tav, however is quick to respond and launches a powerful air blast, at him. It misses however, and the Earthbender looks like he is about to make a break for it.

OOC: Your turn.

Rannil
2010-08-10, 04:29 PM
Giving the earthbender no chance, she charges past the guy, fire burning under her feet, and aims for another well placed single hit in his back.

Fire Bending:
For every 4 higher then 15 get a +1 on the bulrush attempt. > +5 Bull Rush
For every 5 higher then 10 +5 bonus on tumble. -> +20 Tumble
Tumble (DC 25) [roll1]
Auto pass.

Attacks:
Fist Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3](nonlethal)+[roll4](fire)
If the attack hits -> Bull Rush: [roll5]+[5]= [28]
If the checks beats the opposed check with more 5 -> Enemy must make a Reflex Save (DC 14) or fall prone.

Edit: So that's where my good 'bull rush' rolls went...

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 04:41 PM
The Earthbender, starts running away into the forest, following the path you were on earlier. Tav, however merely smiles and you feel a huge burst of wind. Tav seems to almost glide through the air as he runs, and kicks up a small dust cloud behind him. He goes in front of the Earthbender and with a mighty sweep of his staff, blast him back towards your feet. His head is on the ground and he is battered from the 20 foot blast. He then looks at you a very upset firebender, and says " Please don't hurt me I'll tell you whatever you want to know."

OOC: Your not doing so well, for attack rolls right now are you :smalltongue:? Great Bull rush though don't worry it should all work out.

Rannil
2010-08-10, 04:57 PM
OOC: It's well balanced from an overall perspective, but yes random didn't like me this combat.

"I thought it was pretty clear. Let me guess, there are more of you then that friend of you?" She snarled.

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 05:46 PM
The man gives a big gulp and says " The Earth Kingdom has recently decided to start a big push in this war. They wish to quickly destroy the Fire Nation, through demoralizing its people and destroying its economy.

This island Fire Rock is the start of that. These two volcanos here are inactive, but through earthbending we can shake the ground enough to start an eruption. The volcano were near right now is active. We've done this before in volcano's in our nation. We have about two hours before it erupts. The other one is slightly behind it will erupt in 2 and a half hours. Nothing, can be done to stop it.

All the towns and wild-life will be destroyed. Most of the people here will die and it will destroy the morale of the nation."

The man looks at you desperately and says "That's all I know I swear can I go?"

OOC: If it makes you feel better I created the encounter as two level 2 earthbenders. There stats can be found in the thread that I made in the homebrew thread. Also, could you please tell me what you think of what I've done.

Rannil
2010-08-11, 01:05 AM
Panic was starting to gather in Miharu but she couldn't give in to that, she needed to focus on this.... horrible act... Then anger started to boil and she give in to that too... "There is no way I will let you go." Although she had no clue how to enforce that statement and he more likely would walk in the way. then she looks at Taz. "You can fly eh... or glide... whatever, you probably can cover more ground then me, we need to warn everyone. I maybe got another plan."

OOC: I wonder if I could shoot fire in the sky and makes symbols, or maybe there is a trained warning symbol.
I also vague remember something about an avatar that could bend lava, but I guess I shouldn't try that yet.
Also: You win some, you lose some. If I had rolled good I had trown them around so much they would't have much of a chance. And I am still unharmed.
And: what have you do~ne? You made them kill so many innocent people! Seriously though, nice dark plot twist both to show the pressure of the war and makes it harder for my avatar to stay neutral.

Imbasel
2010-08-11, 07:57 AM
Tav shakes his head and looks at the Earthbender. Faster then the eye can follow, his staff hits his head. The Earthbender passes out. Tav looks at you and says " We can't bring him with us he will only slow us down. If we bring him on the ship he may try to sabotage it.

Also, there is no way I can fly back to town. There are too many Earthbenders and I haven't mastered the art of flying. I can't stay up in the air for more then about 15 or 20 seconds at a time.

Lets go, they might send a scouting party to see what happened to these guys."

OOC: You could always shoot jets of fire into the air to try and get somebody's attention. However, you are on the other side of the island and it took you an hour of a half, of sailing to get there so your about 11 miles away. Also, there are the two giant volcano's that rise above the land so your chances of being seen are slim at best.

Also, you are correct Roku did try and stop a volcano, but failed. Basically, you can use a Play with Fire Firebending check. However, the size is treated as two sizes bigger, for the DC check. The reasoning is that lava is very very hot. Also, Aang managed to lava from destroying the town. However, he had a lot of preparation before hand, and was also a much higher level. (Around level 8 or 9).

Also, thank you for the plot twist notice. I wanted to make it show how much the Earth Kingdom hates the Fire Nation and wants to be destroyed. Its also the first act in history the specifically targets civilians on the large scale for killing them. Some may argue about the Air Nomads, but I can understand the genocide from a military perspective. Since even the people who don't train as warriors are airbenders, it makes sense to remove them.. Not that I condone the Fire Nation's actions.

Also, about the avatar state it is very probable that you will enter it (you may very well see people die, and seeing your home burn down can be traumatic), and try to fight. Basically your a ticking time bomb, until you enter it. When you think that your character has reached her breaking point emotionally, or something terrible happens before her eyes let me know. You will enter the state at this point, and I will write what happens.

Also, if you use burning rush, Tav can use Run with the Wind. That way you can get back in 10 minutes (I'll presume your running and taking 10 on the check)

Also sorry for the long delay in posting.

Rannil
2010-08-11, 08:47 AM
Miharu made a strange growling noise out of anger. She felt so hopeless. She stares at the earthbender. "I feel we need some kind of proof." She takes a strap of the uniform. "Sorry for this delay, we need to hurry and see how much we can set in motion. Before..." She shakes her head and start running with her feet on fire.

OOC: or do the earthbenders have a symbol, then I steal that instead.

Yeah I remember that lava bending. I encountered the avatar wikia and it states there it's most likely only fully trained avatar can control lava/magma. Due the fact it involves both fire, earth and water bending (techniques) and a lot of power.

And with burning rush and take 10 I reach 50ft speed, or 200ft running per 6 seconds. Fast enough for ya?

Imbasel
2010-08-11, 08:54 AM
You and Tav, race towards the beach. Within 5 minutes you arrive fire blazing from your feet, and wind gusting from behind Tav. The sun has gone down slightly, and Kalia appears to be sunbathing with her brother. As you race she stands up and says What's wrong, whats happening?"

OOC: You steal an armband that has the Earth Kingdom insignia, on it. It is only used by Earth Kingdom military. Also, I miscalculated you arrive in 5 minutes which is important. Every second matters now.

Rannil
2010-08-11, 09:03 AM
"Earthbenders...! Triggered... Volcano .... Eruption... In 2 hours..." Miharu is out of breath and each times she exhales she speaks one word, short of time she tries to careful choose her words. "Warn... Evacuate..." Suddenly she realized how less proof she had of this whole catastrophe and she wasn't even sure if it was true. She did show the armband, as sort of proof.

Imbasel
2010-08-11, 09:18 AM
Kalia's eyes grow larger then you thought possible she says "Gods no, how could the Earth Kingdom do this. Even during the last war the Fire Nation, nobody did something this.... evil."

She turns to her brother, and says Get the ship ready, now." He nods and starts bring the water up to the ship, using slow drawn out movements to raise the water.

Kalia turns to Tav and say's" Tav once we get on the ship you your airbending on the sails. We can move much faster that way. I'll use my bending to increase the ships speed.

Tav nods and quickly jumps onto the ship, and you manage to board it as well. Quickly, Tav unleashes gusts of wind into the sails making them grow taught. The water around you, pushing the vessel much faster then, you were when you arrived.

Within an hour you enter, into the harbor on the festival side of the island. You quickly side into the docking area, and debark. Kalia, and her brother start working on the ship, as the strain of moving so fast damaged the sails, and created holes in the hide on the bottom.

Tav turns to you and says " Lets go and find the Fire Sage's, I know they are having a special ceremony. Maybe they can help. Do you know where they are?"

Rannil
2010-08-11, 09:27 AM
"There is a tent, that way. Most of them should be there." She points in the right direction.

OOC: cheap cop-out, I have no clue where the tent is, but my character does. :smalltongue:

Imbasel
2010-08-11, 09:35 AM
It is almost sunset and, you can feel the power of the sun waning. It takes you five minutes to make it to the tent, as you have to push your way through the crowd gathering near the tent. Luckily, your passage is made easier by the fact you are wearing your Fire Sage robes.

As you near it you see Fire Sage Orlang, wave you over smiling. He says as you approach [COLOR="Red"]" My Miharu, how has your birthday been? Come the ceremony is about to start. We are waiting for you.[/COLOR

He also gives a short bow to Tav, as he realizes how spiritual the Airbenders are.

OOC: That's fine your character knows where it is because Fire Sage Orlang, told you about it earlier. Also you have 50 minutes until the eruption.

Rannil
2010-08-11, 09:50 AM
"No time for that now." She says as she shows the Earthbenders bracelet. "We encountered Earthbenders near the volcano. They attack, we won, then they told us that they were erupting the volcano. They said we had two and half hour, that's way more then a hour and a half ago, we got less then a hour." For some reason she really believes it was going to happen, maybe due hr nightmares, it didn't feel as a coincident.

Imbasel
2010-08-11, 10:02 AM
Fire Sage Orlang's face drains of all color, turning deathly white. He almost collapses and, has to grab your shoulder to keep from falling down. He says " How can the Earth Kingdom do this. Its so barbaric, and... evil." He pauses for a moment deep in thought and says " The students at the temple, there's no way to save them. All of the young ones and the old ones. They won't stand a chance."

Fire Sage Orlang sag's against the tent, and says " Come with me, we need to talk to the council.

You enter the tent, along with Tav. Fire Sage Orlang gestures for him to remain on the edge of the tent. Inside the tent, you see the senior students, as well as Fire Sages lined up so that a pathway goes in the middle. Fire Sage Orlang tells you to wait and he goes to the council. He carries the Earth Kingdom bracelet and talks to the Fire Sages. The debate continues for a couple of minutes, and he comes back to you his face grim

Fire Sage Orlang says " The council, wishes for you to remain on the part of the walkway at their section they wish to make a speech."

Rannil
2010-08-11, 10:10 AM
She takes place and wonders what they were going to say, somehow it didn't feel right. "Okay, maybe I am getting a bit to much paranoia." She tries to inconspicuously see where Taz went. Suddenly she realized she didn't even mention his help, let alone thank him, or Kalia and her brother. "They understand, and I will thank them later."

Imbasel
2010-08-11, 10:19 AM
One of the senior Fire Sage's stand up and stand before you. Clearing his voice, he says " Today is a special day. It is the graduation day, for those standing here. It is the anniversary of this island's founding. It is also a special day for another reason."

With that he moves to stand next to you. " For those of you who do not know this is Miharu, our most talented young student. Today is her 16th birthday and marks a momentous occasion for her."

At this he pauses and speaks slowly saying " As you all know our nation is at war. Even as we speak, we have discovered through Miharu that the Earth Kingdom is trying to destroy our island. They have activated our long dormant volcano's, and they will both erupt within the next hour and a half." Loud gasps come from the crowd, and people start to pace around nervously.

" Even though our nation is at war, we do have one slim glimmer of hope. The avatar was born among the Fire Nation, and has yet to reveal themselves. However, that is about to change."

The Fire Sage goes before you and bows and then kneels his face touching the ground. He then says " All hail the Avatar."

All around you people kneel, and bow before you. Waves of people prostrate before you. This is your destiny this is your moment.

Rannil
2010-08-11, 12:03 PM
"Wait? What!" She was so surprised she almost shouted it out loud. "This cannot..." She started, but slowly the pieces fell together. The special attention, being so great with firebending and the fact why her parents were 'bribed'. She shook her head. "Yay me? Still that doesn't change the current situation. The city! Innocent lives, cheer later for me, we first need to save everyone, or at least try! We cannot let this happen." She also realized the more blood spilled the harder it was to get peace.. And suddenly that was her responsibility.

Imbasel
2010-08-11, 06:32 PM
The Fire Sages all nod at you gravely and Fire Sage Orlang says " We must warn the villagers and get as many of them off the island as possible. Also, we need to go to the temple, and rescue the old and young students, as well as retrieve artifacts.

Avatar Miharu which group would you like to go with? Make your choice, of destiny."

As he speaks many of the Fire Sage's go outside and you hear screams as people realize what is coming.

OOC: There is 45 minutes left, and not enough boats for everybody (there's about 8,000 people in this town and enough boats at any given time to hold 4500 people.)

Rannil
2010-08-12, 04:20 AM
OOC: The temple was quite far away right?

Miharu wanted to make a wise choice, but it wasn't the time or it. "The temple." She said as first impulse. "We are already close enough to the city to warn them on time, but the temple..."

Imbasel
2010-08-12, 07:14 AM
OOC: To get to the temple from here is a 25 minute walk. However, by running/burning rushing you can get there in about 10 minutes. Also, posting for me may be slow today as I have to go into town and turn in a job application.

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 07:54 AM
You, Tav, and Fire Sage Orlang race to the temple. As you do so, you notice people all fleeing to the harbor to get out of the city. While making your way, out of the city you see several looters, but the crowd separates you from them.

Once, outside the city you make excellent progress to the temple. As you do so you notice that the ground rumbles a few times, and a couple of times it makes you lose your balance. Near the temple you see several Fire Sage's outside, who appear very confused.

Fire Sage Orlang, goes to one of them an elderly old woman and says " We need to get everybody out of the temple, now. The Earth Kingdom has attacked, and has activated the volcano's again."

The womans face turns ashen and says " These are all of the older people around me. The young ones are still inside, however in the courtyard. We have about 20 of them, waiting to be told on what to do.

Fire Sage Orlang nods and says " Make your way to the inner temple and take as many artifacts as you can carry. Then go to the city as fast as you can and find a ship to carry you away from here. Miharu your with me, and so are you Tav.

We are going to the courtyard to get the kids.

As he says this screams come from the courtyard, as a huge shaking comes from the ground. You hear glass shatters, and several parts of the roof fall off.

OOC: 35 minutes left. Also, sorry I thought your character was being indecisive as where to go which is why I provided the information on how long it would take. That's my bad for not being more clear, and for misunderstanding what you said. Also, state what you want to do.

Rannil
2010-08-13, 08:27 AM
After the huge earthquake Miharu shook her head. This was a clear indication time is going short and the children probably wouldn't be able to use fire bending to increase their speed... It was going to be long way back...
She ran towards the courtyard and looked around, double counting the children, hoping that none was astray or wounded...

OOC: Rereading it, I might should have been more clear as well.

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 08:35 AM
As you walk into the courtyard, you see that several parts of the roof have slid off, and crushed the garden. The large glass dome that was above it is now gone, and the ground is littered with glass shards.

The students have cuts all over their bodies, but they seem to be ok. Several of them are crying and Fire Sage Orlang says " Do not fear children. Come, with me down to the town as well as Avatar Miharu. We need to get going quickly on some boats. We are going to be going on a class trip, to other islands."

The children nod, and start to make your way out of the courtyard. As you leave, and start on the path, you feel another rumble, that shakes the foundation of the temple. You enter the path and see some Fire Sages ahead.

OOC: Can I have some spot initiative, and listen checks please. Also, it will take you 25 minutes to gather the children and get back to the temple. I also forgot, but take 600xp for the encounter with the Earthbenders.

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 09:47 AM
The children run as fast as they can down the mountains. As, you reach the edge of town you meet up with the other Fire Sage's. The children meet them and they all go off to hurry into the ships. As you look along you see a sight that terrifies you.

There are twelve Earthbenders near you that have emerged from the side of the path. One of them your who identifies himself as follows " All right, you scum. Make way for us to get on these, ships. If you don't then we will kill people as they make their way on their ships. Do you want that? Do you want to see these little kids die, and see the streets become pools of blood?"

OOC: Your action you also have about 10 minutes left.

Rannil
2010-08-13, 10:08 AM
"You don't got your own escape method?" Miharu uttered surprised. She wanted to decline instantly, but suppressed that feeling. If she would refuse it would only make the gap bigger between he earth and fire nations, if she showed kindness that would get spread. It would also help with her being the avatar, being neutral and all. "That sounds egoistic." She thought.
She gulped and then tried to sound as commanding as she could. "For the deeds you have done you shouldn't deserve mercy. Yet I will not hurt any life, neither of the Fire Nation or the Earth Nation, if I can prevent it. If you surrender to be arrested and drop all earth and stone you will taken on a ship. Then you will get my promise as Avatar that nothing will happen to you, as long as you do not threaten any more Fire Nation Inhabitants."
Somewhere inside her it felt wrong to offer them help and she knew no one would understand. Yet this is the faith of the avatar, somewhere, and she needed to embrace it.

Shamefully epic speeches can still fail, because I need a diplomacy check. Can I get some bonus for trying to be awesome?

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 10:31 AM
At the mention of Avatar the commander looks taken back for a moment. He then gives you a long drawn out smile and laughs a high pitch maniacal laugh. He says " So your the new Avatar are you? A small weak girl, who is helpless to stop her village from burning down. You know what I think? Your going to come with me back to the Earth Kingdom. If you don't this village shall meet an early end. You will make a great prize, I think. So what do yo say Avatar?"

Fire Sage Orlang turns to you and shouts " Don't surrender Avatar Miharu. If you do, they will take you captive and stop you from helping bring balance. This is, but one village and most of the people who can get on boats are on boats. This is bigger then you Avatar, you must think of the greater balance."

The commander's face turns grim and say s" Shut up, old man or I will shut you up forever."

OOC: Sorry, but with a 6 there was no way you could convince the Earthbenders to not be hostile. Especially, once they view you as a prize for the kingdom.

Rannil
2010-08-13, 11:58 AM
Anger started to boil within her. "That is not how it works!" Miharu shouted, her reason slowly clouded. "I was willing to forgive you for the this terrible catastrophe!" She almost spitted out that last word. "But no, you not only decline, but just continue threaten innocence lives!" Disguist clearly is heard within her trembling voice. "You are in no state to negotiate!" The trembling of rage started to fade, each word was slowly spoken and her eyes started to light up with fire. "Wanna see how weak I am?!" She snarled, it almost sounded if she tried to spit fire with each spoken word. "Wanna experience the might of the avatar!" She shouted with a booming voice, so different from her normal voice.

She is losing it, although I suspected that the fact that many people are going to die, loose their houses, etc would break her, not rage.

Let's see how impressed they are with this small weak angry girl.
Intimidate: [roll0]

If this roll fails and those Earth Benders don't back off and instead attack, she will be really close to snapping into an avatar trace is close. Unless other people intervene or the combat goes incredible easy.

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 12:14 PM
The man recoils and seems to shirk away from you slightly. His man look up to him for guidance, on what to do. He pauses for a moment and says " The mighty avatar, if you are so terribly mighty then stop this." He quickly, makes a jabbing motion with his feet, and a massive column of rock, jets up.

Not under you, but under Fire Sage, Orlang. He looks at you fear wide in his eyes, as he is a defenseless old man. His body flies 40 feet into the air. He looks down at you screaming as the rock, that shot him up continues flying becoming a spear. A spear of earth that goes straight through his stomach.

Time seems to stop for you as he falls. He lands on the ground with an almighty crunch. Bones crack and snap, and his body lies at an awkward angle, as his bones are broken. He looks at you and says " My Miharu.... I love you like my own daughter." His voice rattles and he gasps as he says " Keep me in your thoughts. I will be watching." And with one almighty shake his body stops moving. He's gone.

OOC: Post your actions (like if you think your in the Avatar State now, which I think is definately reasonable at this point.) Post it as your character charging up for the state, and I will post what happens. Also, are you still having fun and do you like the dark tone at some parts as the Earth Kingdom reveals its true colors?

Rannil
2010-08-13, 12:37 PM
"No, this... couldn't happen. No. No. No." She couldn't believe it, she didn't want to believe. The rage inside her almost exploded. She looked at the earthbender. 'I gave you!' She shouted and it sounded like fire destroying a building. "A chance!" These two words were spoken with a unworldly voice, a dark echo that rages through her essence.

Then the rage overtook her.

OOC: Avatar state indeed...
And personally I love dark tones, but what is special is that it also feels like the show. Which had his dark moments too, only it involved less people truly dieing.

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 01:35 PM
As the life of Fire Sage Orlang passes away something inside you breaks. You feel as if you falling, falling down into an endless well. Rage mounts inside you, and you see your body from the outside.

You see your body rise up slightly into the air, and a whirling ball of air surrounds you. You eyes glow, a bright blue glow. A beam of bright blue light goes into the air, passing through the clouds. You speak in a voice that is not your own. It is the voice of a multitude of people and it is the voice of justice.

" You have slain innocents and destroyed lives. For that you must pay." You roar, and jet of fire shoots from your mouth and scorches the earth in front of you. The Earthbenders cry out, as you rise far into the air. You suddenly, slam down into the ground. The ground ripples, and the Earthbenders fly far into the air. You twist your hands in a complex formation, and a tornado forms, scattering the Earthbenders all across the land. As you do this you see the volcano in the distance erupts. Plumes of smoke go rise into the air, and you see pieces of rock launch from it.

The lava erupts from the mountain and is only minutes away from the town. Your feet stomp the ground and over a minute you create a massive channel of earth around the town, 30 feet deep. Quickly, with little time remaining you do a massive jump, and slam the ground with your fists. A wall 20 feet high emerges, which may stop the lava flow.

Slowly, your eyes cease to glow, and you come back to rest next to Tav's and Fire Sage Orlang's. You collapse on the ground, and you feel very weak almost as if you are to pass out.

OOC: I will award you enough exp to hit level 3. Also, I want you to know that I will not award nearly as much xp as normal while you are in the avatar , state considering the huge power boost it gives. Its your turn what do you do?

Rannil
2010-08-13, 02:08 PM
Weakened, dazed and confused Miharu almost wants to pass out, but something inside her shouts. "Flee... lava.... death..." She has no clue what happened around her and no energy to do anything, yet she gathers enough to stand up. For a moment she stares at Fire Sage Orlang's body. "No, just Orlang now." "Someone should get him to a doctor." She mumbled in utter confusion, still trying to reject what just happened to him. Then she stumbles towards then nearest boat, every step clearly draining her last energy. As soon as she stands on the boat she falls on her knees, ignoring everyone around her and burst out into tears.

OOC: Yeah, it's a lot easy xp (1300), although this time it fits. If you use that avatar template (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/avatartemplate) then at level 3 I could learn my first second bending (wait, that sounds weird).

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 03:01 PM
You feel your body, moving and your mind feels drained, as if you've been awake for days at a time. Tav carries Fire Sage Orlang, in his arm and is for once silent. As you go on the nearest, boat you collapse and Fire Sage Orlang's body is placed across from you. Tav, drapes his arms around you hugging you close to him. At the wheel of the ship is Kalia, and her face is streaming in tears.

Across the bay, you see lava go around most of the town. It only creeps in around where the festival was, and then it hits the water. Ash keeps, on falling from the sky coating everything in a coat of grey. The earthquakes keep on, and the water ripples all around you. The local temple goes down and you hear the ringing of the bells as it falls and cracks.

All around you in other boats, you hear cries of anguish as people, cry about their loved ones and worry about their homes.

Rannil
2010-08-13, 03:31 PM
To tired to notice Taz is hugging her she mumbled. "So tired, I think... I need to sleep." "Tomorrow is the time to think."

OOC: As it stands now she would fall asleep where she stands(kneels?), but I assume someone, Taz, would at least support her towards a bed, if the boat isn't to crowded to find a bed of some kind.

Imbasel
2010-08-13, 04:20 PM
The boat you are on has fair number of people on it, since it was the last to leave. Tav, rolls out his bedroll for you, and gives you a blanket. It provides a small amount of warmth, in the chill of the night. During the night you have nightmares as you realize the power, and destruction you can have.

Dawn, breaks and you and the other refugees are on the open sea. Your bedroll, is near the wheel, and Kalia is steering the ship. She has a look of great sorrow and sadness, on her face mirroring your on. She says "Miharu your up are you ok?"

Rannil
2010-08-14, 05:33 AM
"Okay?" She mumbled while she slowly realized what happened the previous day. "I don't think I am." She answered. "I barely remember... it... Is there any news, plans or something?" she wasn't sue what to ask for, but she did wanted to hear things from a different perspective ten her own memories.

Imbasel
2010-08-15, 09:22 AM
Kalia sighs and looks on the horizon, as the sun dawn she says " You manged, to save a good portion of the village so there as talk of bringing the people back. The Fire Sage's that are left however, argued against it as the volcano is still active and spewing ash and lava.

The head Fire Sage, master Shang, decided that it would be best for us to go to the closest island, which is Summerset. After, that we have a few different options." She sighs and tears well up in her eyes as she says

" My brother died, because so many people trampled onto the ship. He was crushed as soon as we let the gangplank down. So, my need to get to the Fire Nation capital is far less now. You also, have to master the elements first air, then, and finally earth. I've talked to Tav, and he says he cannot teach you as he does not have the expertise yet. However, there is his airbending temple not that far away from the Fire Nation capital.

Those, are just some of things we can do, but the choice is ultimately yours. You are the Avatar so whatever decision you make, I will follow, and take you there.

OOC: Sorry, for the long delay I got too caught up working on Harry Potter d20.

Rannil
2010-08-15, 11:56 AM
There were so many things to note but the first that came to mind was: "Your brother...? That is... terrible." She didn't know what more to say and was silent for moment until she realized. "I saved the city? I barely remember the end of... that day..." She shook her head. "Maybe I don't want to...." Then the next point dropped. "You will follow me? That sound so... submissive... I mean, why... would you?" The last words almost sounded hopeful in some way. And lastly. "I am the avatar." It sounded like she still didn't believe it. "I think I need some time before I can think clear, make plans..."

OOC: Ah, I see =p
Don't worry I had family day and spend a lot of time playing Starcraft II with a friend that's back from vacation. Wasn't that active here either.

Imbasel
2010-08-16, 08:35 AM
Kalia looks at you and whispers " Your the Avatar. It is your destiny to bring balance and save lives. I want.. no I need to be a part of that. I want to make sure no more children have to grow up without parents, or brothers and sisters.

Take your time we won't be at the island until evening. Then we can decide whatever you wish to do."

Rannil
2010-08-16, 09:44 AM
Miharu nodded. "It is nice to have you as a companion." She said with a smile. "And yeah, we will see what we are going to do when we arrive there." She didn't know what more to say and looked around. she didn't feel like walking around and decide to just stay sitting here.

Imbasel
2010-08-17, 06:10 PM
Tav walks over to you his normally happy expression, torn with worry. He sits next to you and says " Hey, how are you doing? Do you want to talk about what happened?"

OOC: Sorry posting has been so slow on my part. Harry Potter d20 is consuming my life.

Rannil
2010-08-18, 02:58 AM
"Talk about what happened,... It is kinda clear." She realized that that that sounded harsher then she wanted. "Owh sorry, I just mean. It is like faith decided 'Geeh Miharu let's change everything in your life'. Now I have friends I never had before, lost the only person that did care me, lost my home, most of my city. Suddenly I am placed in the front where I was always a background figure, I got powers beyond my control, a mission beyond my comprehension. The only thing that is still the same is my name, maybe I should change that too." She sighed, more relieved then anything else.

Imbasel
2010-08-18, 01:32 PM
Tav just stands there listening to you. He takes it all in and slowly words pour out from his mouth. " I can't imagine what its like to have all that power, and to not be able to control what you can do. Being thrust into a position of power, is something that you didn't ask for. However, the monks said that those best suited for power are those who do not seek it.

I think that despite what has befallen us we will come out the stronger. Remember, that you have friends here willing to help you, and just to talk if you need."

Rannil
2010-08-19, 05:59 AM
Miharu smiles. "It's great having friends." She ponders for a moment. "I think I just need some time to.. accept it... Everything is so overwhelming now..."

Imbasel
2010-08-21, 08:49 AM
The day continues on and the weather gets worse, and worse. Storm clouds are on the horizon and people look to you as if you are to solve all of their problems. Soon the ship is going up and down in tall waves, and Kalia is doing everything she can to keep the boat afloat. The island you need to be on is only a mile, away although at this rate it may as well be five.

Suddenly, lightning flashes and you hear a tremendous boom. The main sail of the ship lights of fire, and the mast breaks and half and smashes into the ship floor. People scream, and you hear cries of water pouring into the ship.

Rannil
2010-08-21, 11:40 AM
Miharu almost instantly turns to Kalia. "Is there anything you an do, stop the fie or keep enough water out the boat? Anything?" Miharu thinks for a moment. "Maybe I can stop the fire, but something else must also be done..."

OOC: How big is the fire, I can control a medium fire(forge fire) easily with a take ten, but a large one(bonfire) is doubtful but still worth to try rolling for it. If larger then it's a failed attempt.

In case of a large fire: (else take ten)
Fire Bending: [roll0]

Edit: it is a ten... >_>

Imbasel
2010-08-21, 11:44 AM
The fire seems to strain against you. Mental pressure, forms on you and you feel as if somebody is crushing your skull. However, your will cannot be moved and the fire remains in place instead of leaping to other passengers. People look at you in awe and wonder, as you stop the fire from devouring the ship.

Rannil
2010-08-21, 12:00 PM
"I can't hold... this for long... Try to put out the fire!" Miharu shouts, hoping someone, anyone would react. Maybe they could keep the boat floating as long as possible ad reach the cost. Swimming wasn't an option...

Imbasel
2010-08-22, 10:15 AM
Tav suddenly jumps high into the air. He then slams his staff down and a huge burst of air goes over the fire. It seems to grow, and then it dies from lack of air from the sphere of air. He rushes over to you and says " We need to go down level there are leaks everywhere."

Rannil
2010-08-23, 07:06 AM
"More problems, if the fire wasn't enough..." She sighs and follows Taz down.

Imbasel
2010-08-23, 10:31 PM
As you run down the ladder, you feel your feet splash into water. People are screaming all around you, and peoples treasured things are floating around you. A hole, is gushing water near the bow end of the ship.

Rannil
2010-08-25, 08:50 AM
OOC: *points at signature*

Miharu looks around, searching for anything to use as to plug the holes.

If spot fails: Search: [roll1]

Imbasel
2010-08-25, 08:57 PM
People down the ship are screaming and you have to shove your way past them. However, as you near the hole you feel around in the water, and feel a large wooden plank, that can plug the hole.

Rannil
2010-08-29, 09:50 AM
Miharu grabs the plank and tries to plug the hole with it.

OOC: So, I'm really not feeling creative here atm. Sorry