PDA

View Full Version : RHoD: Hammerfist Holds + Siege at Bordrin's Watch

Jastermereel
2010-08-05, 12:15 AM
So, my group is about to start down the Red Hand of Doom adventure module. Things look like they should run smoothly, and I'm ready to amp up the difficulty depending on how they handle the next few encounters. However, the minor encounter about Mercenary Gold seems fairly weak for 4 full victory points, so I was thinking about fleshing out the sequence with the Dwarves of Hammerfist Holds.

Dungeon Magazine's fourth edition Scales of War adventure path has an interesting looking sequence involving Dwarves in a similar situation (indeed, still in or around the Elsir Vale, if I understand correctly) in it's 3rd level chapter Siege at Bordrin's Watch.

I realize this might mean giving them a little more wiggle-room on the campaign's calendar, and a lot of re-working the Challenge Ratings (both to account for 4 to 3.5 and upping the 3rd level expectations to something closer to 6th or 7th), but has anyone tried anything like this? Are there any obvious flaws in this plan?

Jastermereel
2010-08-05, 02:53 PM
Perhaps asking a question in the middle of the night wasn't the best of times, but I'm still quite curious if anyone has any suggestions/experience.

Sorry for the bump.