PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide

Caphi
2010-08-05, 12:25 PM
Has anyone seen this thing yet? I haven't read the actual book, but the archetype/ACF thing looks like fun.

Wagadodo
2010-08-05, 01:11 PM
I have gotten mine. It is far one the most interesting source books I have ever gotten for an RPG product for customization for a character. It is defiantly the Players Handook II of the Pathfinder series but better in almost every way.

They have at least six different type of alternate class features to replace other main stay class features for each of the Player Handbook main classes. So if you want to customize your Fighter to be an archer that can now do combat manuevers from up to 30ft away with a bow.

That doesn't include adding the new classes that are coming out with the book. Again it is about customization so you can do what you want with your character.

The have also added some new feats that look to be very promising. To keep on my archery kick there is now a new feat that you can take after taking weapon specialization that will allow you fire while in melee with out taking attacks of oppurnity.

A bouncing spell metamagic that will allow to you cast a spell at a single target that if the target is not affected by the spell, it can bounce off and hit another target.

The only thing that I am slightly disappointed in is the PRC, they are not all that *Wow* for me. But this keeps with Pathfinders attempt to keep you single classed.

A defiant pick up for any one playing with the Pathfinder rules.

togapika
2010-08-05, 01:25 PM
Alchemist is awesome, master chymist is awesome, new feats are pretty awesome, I also like some of the ACF for specific races

9mm
2010-08-05, 01:47 PM
Has anyone seen this thing yet? I haven't read the actual book, but the archetype/ACF thing looks like fun.

It's a very plesent suprise, seriously, you will drool at the new fighter options and the Dirty Trick manuver. So far I've yet to see anything wallbang worthy, but I'm still going through it. The idea for customising clerics by giving optional swap out domain powers so far has been the best idea ever I've seen yet though. only real complaint is the shortage of prestige classes (though at least we have Horizen Walker again), though I'm begining to suspect that might be just how Paizo and friends roll.