PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Tomb of Horrors

NM020110
2010-08-05, 12:44 PM
As soon as the entire party has posted in, we will begin.

Ella
2010-08-05, 12:50 PM
so what do we get when we win the tomb? :P

I look forwards to healing you all.

NM020110
2010-08-05, 12:53 PM
If you win, then you'll find out. I assure you that you will be quite pleased upon getting there.

The Shadowmind
2010-08-05, 02:19 PM
So this is where we report in for the slaughterhouse?
I'm made the final changes to the character sheet(grabbed a few +2 items) and any left over gold was destroyed by the Ruin card.

TIPOT
2010-08-05, 02:46 PM
I've made a few changes to my sheet, but nothing major

Where is the nearest town/city to the dungeon?

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-05, 02:47 PM
Excellent, should be lots of fun.

NM020110
2010-08-05, 03:50 PM
The nearest town is a moderately sized village on the far side of the tomb, which appears to be a giant skull. If you choose to go near the village you will see hundreds of skeletons; some on guard duty, some digging ditches, some keeping the road in good order, some building houses, etc.

Four more players to post in, and then the meat grinder will begin to reap it's bloody harvest.

Dragon Elite
2010-08-05, 07:20 PM
Are my wishes confirmed?

NM020110
2010-08-05, 08:04 PM
Yes, they are confirmed.

Dragon Elite
2010-08-05, 08:17 PM
Awesome.:smallamused:

Chineselegolas
2010-08-05, 09:30 PM
The nearest town is a moderately sized village on the far side of the tomb, which appears to be a giant skull. If you choose to go near the village you will see hundreds of skeletons; some on guard duty, some digging ditches, some keeping the road in good order, some building houses, etc.

Four more players to post in, and then the meat grinder will begin to reap it's bloody harvest.
"SOUNDS LIKE A FRIENDLY PLACE" Calruth Neverborn said, all ready to rock on in.

Lizard Lord
2010-08-05, 11:48 PM
Glib and his pets are ready to go. BTW from the Key card of the deck of many things I got an Oathbow.

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-05, 11:55 PM
Shorot tosses his dice to the ground a few times and then summons them back to his hand in an attempt to ensure they work.

[roll0]

NM020110
2010-08-06, 12:16 AM
The dice work, and come back with no problems.

Now that everyone has posted in, we shall start. <Casts Epic Gate: True Killer Game Master>

Now, then. You are on a flat plane surrounding a hill which from this distance appears to be a skull. On the opposite side of the hill is a village which shows a fairly large amount of undead. As you approach the hill, you find four entrances. Also, make three will saves.

Lizard Lord
2010-08-06, 12:38 AM
Three will saves [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

The Shadowmind
2010-08-06, 12:40 AM
Three will saves
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-06, 12:47 AM
Three will saves.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Shorot holds his head, then starts examining the doors.

Ella
2010-08-06, 12:52 AM
Three will saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

my best save :)

Chineselegolas
2010-08-06, 02:18 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Undead, so I'm immunity to all mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.

Other note, the Gargoyle that appeared for me to fight. Theoretically i should win easily, but do you want to fight it out just to see if my rolling continues as bad as in the recruitment thread.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-06, 05:38 AM
A middle-aged man with leathery skin looks up from the massive tome he's perusing. "Everyone hadn't arrived yet. Sorry I'm late chums, but in the words of the immortal thinker Whizbang the Superlative, 'better late than enter a dungeon with nobody to find traps,' am I right?"

ROLLS:
[roll0] Will save 1
[roll1] Will save 2
[roll2] Will save 3

The additional +2 to the save modifiers is provided by my Divine aptitude focus, which is what the Prof will usually select each morning. The final +6 on the third roll is The Prof burning an Inspiration point. Since he hates natural 1s, the Prof will use Survivor's Luck to reroll, as below:

[roll3] rerolling roll 1
[roll4] if only roll 3 fails

Dragon Elite
2010-08-06, 09:56 AM
Three will saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lizard Lord
2010-08-07, 04:01 AM
er I suppose my pets should make their will saves as well.
Chimera (whose name I had changed to Stormbreath):
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Skitters the Dire Weasel: [roll3][roll4][roll5]

Chineselegolas
2010-08-09, 04:29 AM
And ancient looking figure turns and faces the professor at his speaking, his decaying skin flaking off, regrowing immediately, giving the impression of constant rapid ageing. "INDEED. FOOLS RUSH IN AND DIE TO THE FIRST HOLE IN THE GROUND" his voice echos around inside heads despite only barely above a whisper.

NM020110
2010-08-10, 10:45 AM
OOC: Tipot appears to be on vacation for a while (four more days). Would you like to suspend play for that time or have someone control his character?

TIPOT
2010-08-14, 04:32 AM
OOC Oh sorry, I forgot to subscribe to this thread so i didn't post that i was on holiday, sorry :smallredface:

immediate action elan resilience (spend 1 power point get +6 to all saves)

will save [roll0]
will save [roll1]
will save [roll2]

NM020110
2010-08-14, 05:53 PM
Lizard Lord, The Shadowmind, Cudar Vail, Ella, Dragon Elite, Tipot: All saves failed. You come under a suggestion to complete the tomb without delay, and you are affected by Dominate Person (no orders given).

Chineselegolas
You are immune to the effects.

OMGPonies
You come under the effect of Dominate Person. No order is given.

TIPOT
2010-08-15, 05:41 AM
OOC Can we still cast/manifest buff spells/powers?

Chineselegolas
2010-08-15, 07:37 AM
"THERE ARE FOUR ENTRANCES BEFORE US, DOES ONE OF YOU WISH TO CHECK THEM OVER TO FIND WHICH IS SAFE, OR SHALL WE WANDER TO THE VILLAGE AND SEE IF THEY KNOW?" Calruth spoke his his voice which sprang forth from dead an decaying vocal cords. Drifting into the air slowly towards the doors, he muttered a few words, and with a few small gestures from his hands, floated to 50ft away from the doors, analysing them.

Mechanical:
Activating Warlocks 'Detect Magic' and looking at the doors

Stat Block:
HP: 109
AC: 27
Touch: 16
Flat footed: 22
Turn HD equivalent: 15
Other: 20% Miss chance
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.

OOC:
Undead. It has its advantages :-p
And I'm guessing since not being prompted to fight the gargoyle, I beat it and thus should level due to card?
[roll0]

Lizard Lord
2010-08-15, 08:39 PM
I think I shall drop out. I have other stuff going on, both RL and not. I guess I shouldn't have joined in the first place. This game seems to be going slowly, but I still think this is for the best. Sorry.

The Antigamer
2010-08-15, 10:07 PM
Sage the kobold pipes up from where he'd been standing, observing the area.
"Who's to say the villagers would even know which is safe or not? Or whether they would tell us the truth if they knew."

Will: [roll0]
Will: [roll1]
Will: [roll2]

Looks like I've been added to your merry band :smallsmile:

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-15, 11:10 PM
"The village is a waste of time. We should proceed into the tomb so that we may best gather the rewards within. Chance helps the bold and brave by creating opportunity. It's up to us to capitalize."

Shorot crouches and starts casting his dice, studying the results intently and tossing again and again. A closer look reveals that the dice seem to glow slightly.

Casts Divination. Question: Which of these four doors , if entered, will be the least bad for me?
Also, I realized I didn't fill in my prepped spells for the bonus wis. Any chance I can do those now, since we haven't done much?

NM020110
2010-08-16, 08:57 AM
The Antigamer
All saves failed. You come under a suggestion to complete the tomb without delay, and you are affected by Dominate Person (no orders given).

All
The door on the far left has disappeared. There is now only a natural appearing hill where it was.

Cudar_Vayl
The third middle door is the least lethal.Yes, you may prepare those spells.

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-16, 03:10 PM
GM: Do I get that response before or after the fourth door disappears?

NM020110
2010-08-16, 06:39 PM
Cudar_Vayl
The door disappeared one round after the will saves. If you finished the divination before that, it will refer to the third door from the left as the least lethal.

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-17, 10:07 AM
Shorot spends several more minutes rolling his dice, sacrificing a small pile of gold in his game. Upon finishing, he rises and returns to the group, noticing the now missing door.
"1,2,3... ****e. That makes this quite a bit harder. The fates tol' me that the third from the left would be the least lethal, but that was a tad easier to find with 4 doors."

The Antigamer
2010-08-17, 01:09 PM
Sage shrugs, then says, "Not that hard, the door on the left disappeared. I say we go in that one." He points at the middle door, and begins walking towards it.

Stat Block:

HP: 79
AC: 21
Touch: 13
Flat footed: 19

Active effects:
Mage Armor - 1 hour
Insight Aura(+2 to knowledge, decipher script, and spellcraft checks to allies w/in 30')
Endure exposure
Draconic knowledge
Voidsense(blinsense 30')
Immune to magic sleep and paralysis effects

Forgot, I also invoke Endure Exposure on everyone in the party, and I wanted to ask, does Insight work for my draconic aura, or would you guys prefer a different one?

Chineselegolas
2010-08-17, 09:32 PM
"I CAN'T SEE ANY MAGICAL AURAS ON THE DOORS, SO EITHER THE IMMEDIATE DANGERS ARE MUNDANE OR EXCEPTIONALLY WELL HIDDEN" Calruth said, drifting towards where the hill now lay, looking quizzically a the missing door, focusing his detect magic on it.

Stat Block:
HP: 109
AC: 27
Touch: 16
Flat footed: 22
Turn HD equivalent: 15
Other: 20% Miss chance
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.

I got no problems with that aura

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-20, 05:53 PM
"You go ahead and give that one a try, I'm going to see if I can't get this thing out of my head."

He again crouches down and starts muttering to himself, this time playing with the cards. After a minute of shuffling and dealing, looking over the results and then shuffling again, he lets out a glow of energy which seems to permeate all those present.

Break Enchantment (I think I can get all of us) to get rid of the domination and suggestion. Domination is the one he's actively targeting.
CL Check [roll0]

Cudar_Vayl
2010-08-20, 05:55 PM
Just before the energy fades, he turns over one last card, hoping for a slightly more positive result.

Using luck reroll to try for a better roll
[roll0]

The Antigamer
2010-08-20, 06:12 PM
Sage enters the middle door.

Trying to get the ball a-rollin.

Stat Block:

HP: 79
AC: 21
Touch: 13
Flat footed: 19

Active effects:
Mage Armor - 1 hour
Insight Aura(+2 to knowledge, decipher script, and spellcraft checks to allies w/in 30')
Endure exposure
Draconic knowledge
Voidsense(blinsense 30')
Immune to magic sleep and paralysis effects