PDA

View Full Version : Alter Reality sda

Harris the Ford
2010-08-05, 02:11 PM
I was looking at the alter reality salient divine ability which let's you cast any spell of ninth level or lower as a standard action. I know how the saves work but not once does it mention the caster level for the spells. I would assume 20 because you are casting ninth level spells and it just makes sense.

Also this ability let's you apply metamagic to the spells at the cost of rest. Two questions about this. Does applying metamagic actually change the spells level or does it just make it take up a higher spell slot? This would determine whether or not I could use metamagic on 9th level spells, since spell slots are not an issue. Secondly, it doesn't specify when I have to do my resting. Does it have to be immediately after casting? Within a day? Whenever I get around to it? It would suck if I cast an empowered fireball in combat and then"hold on I got ta sit down for ten minutes". Otherwise I would just add every metamagic to my most powerful spell, hope I obliterate everything around me and then promptly pass out for a week, lol.

Source : deities and demigods.

Marnath
2010-08-05, 02:22 PM
strictly speaking, a God has much better things to do on his turn than cast a direct damage spell. Especially since most mortals are reduced to quivering, screaming piles of goo whenever the God so much as glares at them angrily.

SoC175
2010-08-05, 02:40 PM
Does applying metamagic actually change the spells level or does it just make it take up a higher spell slot? . No, it doesn't. There once metamagic feat that changes the spell level and that's the only this this feat does. Other metamagic only changes the spell slot, not the spell level

Harris the Ford
2010-08-05, 03:04 PM
strictly speaking, a God has much better things to do on his turn than cast a direct damage spell. Especially since most mortals are reduced to quivering, screaming piles of goo whenever the God so much as glares at them angrily.

True, that was merely an example. I do wish I knew more about resting though.