PDA

View Full Version : Feats requiring Endurance

Andion Isurand
2010-08-05, 02:32 PM
I'm looking for feats that require Endurance, but I don't want to overlook anything... if you've recently come across a feat that does, just drop in in this thread if you would. Thanks.

Human Paragon 3
2010-08-05, 02:34 PM
Dunno about feats, but Tattooed Monk prestige class requires it. Die Hard is obvious, but since you didn't mention it in the OP, there it is.

Amphetryon
2010-08-05, 02:36 PM
Since it's featured in the current Iron Chef, I know that Endurance is required for at least one of the Animal Lords.

Keld Denar
2010-08-05, 02:37 PM
STEADFAST DETERMINATION!!!!!

Its seriously probably THE best feat that requires Endurance. It replaces your Wisdom with your Con for your Will saves, AND it allows you to NOT auto-fail Fort saves on a 1. Those two things alone are worth a feat each, but Steadfast Determination does BOTH!

Endurance is also a prereq for Deepwarden, one of the best dwarf melee PrCs in existance.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-05, 02:38 PM
Well, my primary character has Keen Intellect to add Int to Will saves instead of Wis.

The Pride Domain Power allows a re-roll of any natural 1 on a saving throw... and the chance of rolling 1 twice in a row are slim.

I've been looking at Dragon Magazine 353 pg 88 at variant cleric features to replace Turn or Rebuke Undead gained from a level dip... and one of them grants Endurance as a bonus feat (along with adding some class skills).

Fax Celestis
2010-08-05, 02:53 PM
Endurance is also a prereq for Deepwarden, one of the best dwarf melee PrCs in existance.

Also a prereq for Stonespeaker Guardian, which is a fairly decent druid PrC. Well, okay, as far as druid PrCs go it's sort of subpar, but if you're looking to be an earth-themed druid and don't feel like shattering game balance, it's very solid.

My equivalencies (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuqvG3gSGuF7cG03WmpKTEttSTVla0tDdGhaRmtCT 2c&hl=en#gid=0) list also says that Sandstorm lets you trade Endurance for Heat Endurance, and Heat Endurance is equivalent to Resist Nature's Lure (also Sandstorm). Resist Nature's Lure can be replaced with a similar defense against Aberrations (Dungeonscape) or Outsiders (PlHB), too.

herrhauptmann
2010-08-05, 03:40 PM
STEADFAST DETERMINATION!!!!!

Its seriously probably THE best feat that requires Endurance. It replaces your Wisdom with your Con for your Will saves, AND it allows you to NOT auto-fail Fort saves on a 1. Those two things alone are worth a feat each, but Steadfast Determination does BOTH!

Had a dwarf with a super con, who was a deepwarden. Decided I didn't need steadfast because at 15th level, my will save was a +20 (as a fighter type). Raising my will to +25 or so didn't seem worth a feat. And then I managed to fail 3 fort saves by rolling a 1. In a row. The last one especially sucked, it was mummy rot and all my scrolls and wands had been destroyed by soem ooze from dungeonscape.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-05, 03:56 PM
Had a dwarf with a super con, who was a deepwarden. Decided I didn't need steadfast because at 15th level, my will save was a +20 (as a fighter type). Raising my will to +25 or so didn't seem worth a feat. And then I managed to fail 3 fort saves by rolling a 1. In a row. The last one especially sucked, it was mummy rot and all my scrolls and wands had been destroyed by soem ooze from dungeonscape.

Heh, another one of the cleric variants from that article grants Scribe Scroll with the exp cost reduced by 25% in exchange for the turning feature.

Keld Denar
2010-08-05, 03:59 PM
Giving up Turn Undead is about the WORST thing a cleric can do. Even if you NEVER plan on turning a single undead, EVER, there are still 101 other things you can do with it, and thats not even really an overestimate. Other than the popular Divine Metamagic, there is also Divine Spell Power, Divine Might, nearly all of the X Devotion feats, Divine Defiance (immediate action counterspells!!!!!), Divine Ward, etc, etc, etc. Turn Undead may have been crappy when 3.5 first emerged, but it is now one of the cleric's (and paladin's) strongest class features.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-05, 04:10 PM
In this case, the feature comes from from a 1 level cloistered cleric dip.

I could take a feat using the turn attempts, but still can't decide what to do with the feature.

But as far as the divine feats go, Persistant Refusal looks nice...
....which gives me an idea for another custom Ninja feat.

Ninja Feat Brews and Modifications (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161863)

Keld Denar
2010-08-05, 04:20 PM
Cloistered Cleric dip + Travel Devotion is the most often cited use of it, but Law, Animal, and Trickery Devotions are all VERY worthwhile, depending on what kind of character you have.