PDA

View Full Version : Character concepts without a PrC

Tyndmyr
2010-08-05, 06:40 PM
Sure, we all know that you CAN make a character out of any classes...but what are the character concepts without any PrC that really matches them well that really SHOULD get one?

Bartender. Apparently, it's steriotypical for them to be retired adventurers. Any profession that is mainly taken up by former dragon slaying types clearly has to have some badassery involved.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-05, 06:54 PM
Well, not every bartender is a former dragon slayer o.O it's just a job that isn't connected to any class at all.

gallagher
2010-08-05, 06:56 PM
traveling story teller. sure, a bard does best at this, but any ol' adventurer must have a tale about how he barely made it out alive

Tyndmyr
2010-08-05, 06:57 PM
Right, it doesn't have to be...but most of the PrCs in existance can be represented by base classes if you really wanted to.

Sometimes it's fun to have a PrC that shows off what the top tier of a given concept can do.

Tyndmyr
2010-08-05, 06:59 PM
traveling story teller. sure, a bard does best at this, but any ol' adventurer must have a tale about how he barely made it out alive

Oooh, I like it. Obviously, a bard focused PrC. Probably bonuses to perform: Oratory, diplomacy, intimidate, and the like.

Names for abilities "No s***, there I was..." and "This one time, the dragon..."

gallagher
2010-08-05, 07:25 PM
Oooh, I like it. Obviously, a bard focused PrC. Probably bonuses to perform: Oratory, diplomacy, intimidate, and the like.

Names for abilities "No s***, there I was..." and "This one time, the dragon..."

and "He was a mile long if he was a foot" for when he is telling of that one time he survived fishing and cought a kraken

talk about a big fish story