PDA

View Full Version : 4e Cheap flying vessels

cupkeyk
2010-08-05, 08:49 PM
Hi guys,

Looking through MtoP and the Plane Above, we were hoping of purchasing a cheap flying vessel for our now paragon leveled party of five. one of us, the half-elf battle mind, has the Mark of Storm, so the DM is willing to refluff another vehicle as an elemental bound vessel, like a sky coach (despite how goofy and humiliating that would be)

what would the cheapest vessel with a fly speed available, preferably with hover, that can fit at least five people? The maximum the DM has allowed us to purchase is the same price as a level 13 magic item. o_0

Ornithopter? T_T

HMS Invincible
2010-08-05, 10:07 PM
Adventurer's vault 2 and 1 has some flying vehicles. Refluff and price as needed.

Excession
2010-08-05, 11:02 PM
Adventurer's Vault has the Hippogriff at 4,200 gp which seems to be the cheapest flying mount. You have the choice between a regular Hippogriff which has faster overland speed, and the Hippogriff Dreadmount which has better defenses. I would allow refluffing them as normal and armoured autogyros.

Only one, maybe two, riders but for the 17,000 gp price of a level 13 magic item you could afford four of them. Arriving on a flying ship may be cool, but strafing the enemy from a flight of autogyros seems even better :smallbiggrin:

Gralamin
2010-08-05, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately vehicles are not in the compendium for some reason. Not going to find much in the range of 17,000 gp though.

Nothing in Dragon at that low of a cost...
In Plane Above, there is an Astral Clipper at 21,000 GP. That's probably your best bet... I'll keep looking

Edit: Aha, An Astral Skiff is cheap enough (Manual of the Planes)

cupkeyk
2010-08-05, 11:59 PM
We have asked our DM if we could refl;uff teh limitation of the Astral Skiff. instead of only working in the astral sea, it only works with a Lyrandar Dragonmarked Heir on the helm. Otherwise we wil be forced to spend the 21GP for the astral skipper. Am I right the skipper works outside the astral sea?

hamishspence
2010-08-06, 04:44 AM
I thought there might be one or two skiff-type vehicles in Eberron Player's Guide.