PDA

View Full Version : Of Shoes and Ships and Sealing Wax

UncleWolf
2010-08-06, 01:07 AM
Slowly, and achingly, you open your eyes, forced awake by the terrible stench that assaults your nostrils. Even though your vision is blurry, you begin to resolve details about the world around you. You can barely smell the oak flooring beneath you and nothing seems to move. No one that you can hear at any rate. Your heart begins to pound inside your chest, but it takes you a moment to realize why.

The smell.

The smell is that of rotting offal, blood, piss, and fire. With the revelation, your vision enters crystal clarity, finally showing you the world around you.

From your position on the floor, you can see the walls, splattered with blood and other fluids of the non-thinkable variety, as well as bodies that seem to have been hacked or blown apart. Only...three of the bodies, covered in as much blood as you are as best as you can tell, begin to move, awakening as well. The bar, is covered in broken glass and one end of it smoulders, what had obviously been a large fire, burning out.

The memories of the event seem to take their time returning to you. For now, they only tell you that you are in the tavern called The Walrus and the Carpenter, although you cannot recall what city it is in, just that everyone seemed nice...

You stand and take a better look around, not being able to shake a very very bad feeling. It's a feeling that sinks to the bottom of your stomach, leaving your knees weak and calm broken.

The feeling that, against all reason, you did this to them.

Even as you begin to open your mouth to question the other survivors, a giggle cuts you off.

"My..." says a womanly voice coming from thin air. "How naughty you all have been..."

OOC:
I know it seems like a sudden start, but I figure it'd be best to keep you all on your toes. Just describe your PC in your post so the others know what they look like.

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-06, 06:09 PM
One of the figures pushing itself it its feet is, suffice it to say, decidedly non-human. The seven foot tall reptilian humanoid is back on his feet quite quickly for one so large, casting his gaze about the room and flicking his tongue in and out. Beneath the coating of blood, he's got green scales, and the greatsword held loosely in one hand is a metallic red. Flames reflect off the blade from a nonexistent fire as he swivels his head to look at the others.

And to look for the source of the voice. "Who's that? Show yourself." When he speaks, it's in hissing common, the s on each word drawn out. His tail twitches as he moves forward, knocking over a broken chair.

UncleWolf
2010-08-06, 10:09 PM
OOC:

Ms.Malbolge has dropped the game for now, but may end up rejoining at an appropriately dramatic time.

Aka: When you're all about to die. :smalltongue:

Terumitsu
2010-08-07, 12:45 PM
One of the other figures retched and coughed, wiping it's mouth free of the taste of blood and other, unpleasant things. This figure was a human female wearing tattered clothes that seemed to have never seen soap and water. At this point, it was likely that they were more dirt than cloth and any attemp to clean them would surely cause them to disintigrate. She was bald as if shaven so and her steel-colored eyes had a distinctly feral glare to them. The glare was somewhat muted as she seemed to be looking through a slight haze still. "The hells?" she murmered in responce to the taunting voice. She reached out to the bar with an ornately tattooed arm to steady herself and glanced around for both the sound of the voice and perhaps a bit of the 'hair of the dog.' Waking up like this.. Well that called for a drink. Something with a high proof would be preferable.

Artemis97
2010-08-07, 06:56 PM
The third figure to move was a wiry human male with shaggy black hair, now matted with gore. A scarf covered th lower half of his face, which served to keep the muck away from his mouth, but also held the scent right up against his nose. It was almost enough to make him gag. He stood up suddenly in one smooth motion, throwing back his cloak for better mobility. One gloved hand tightened around the hilt of the dull grey blade at his side. At the sound of the giggling, he whirled, looking for the source of the voice.

UncleWolf
2010-08-07, 07:59 PM
As they look around, the (now) three survivors will see each others' gear and weapons coated in blood.

Seems like they're all in the same situation.

The laugh comes again, from all around. Seems that a spell may be in use to hide her presence. "Oh, all in good time dearies, all in good time. But first, my Master has a deal proposition..." She laughs again. "I suggest you accept it, there is a time limit. Otherwise the guard will be here momentarily and you'll have to explain why you killed all these innocent people. My Master has witnesses."

Her voice tells everyone that she's obviously grinning.

And unfortunately for the PC at the bar, it seems most of the stock has been killed in the violence. :smallfrown:

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-08, 10:34 AM
"I don't accept deals before I know what they are. Tell me the deal, and then you'll get your answer." The big lizard idly picks a bit of meat off his chain shirt and flicks it aside. He would need to find a good river to dive into for a while at the first opportunity.

Artemis97
2010-08-08, 09:02 PM
The be-scarfed man looks around for an exit. Backdoor, window, he'd even risk going out the front right now. If he ran fast enough, he could probably beat the watch getting here, find a place to hide...

Without a word of aknowledgement towards the voice, he moves quickly to whatever escape he could find.

Terumitsu
2010-08-09, 08:53 PM
Nothing to drink? That was disappointing. The rather grimy looking woman massaged her right temple with her palm as she looked around once more, taking inventory of the scene. She wasn't too keen about the whole setup, to be sure. Not to mention that she had apparently killed a whole mess of people without being concious of it. She radiated a sort of false calm but it would be clearer to say that she was quite angry. It was a confused, unfocused anger that twisted in her gut as it had no outlet to be directed towards. At least, nothing physical that could be delt with. So, she kept it to herself for the moment, thus giving that 'calm' impression while simultaniously becoming a nasty little powder keg.

She shouted a few choice words at the voice as something came to her mind. Some of them were even parts of a question. "So, I can't remember anything about what happened here and you said we did this? Sure, I feel like I had something to do with it but how can I know that's right? How can I be sure that you aren't just magjiking us into thinking that so we'll do what you want?" She asked. It seems like she wasn't too impressed by the threat of the city watch. That or she was being intentionally unruly just for spite. It was hard to tell. "And how can we be sure about those witnesses? I'd like to meet one of them." she added in a snide tone.

UncleWolf
2010-08-14, 02:26 PM
The giggle comes again. "Of course I'd be glad to tell you the deal..." the woman says, her voice cutting the air like a piece of glass. "All my master wishes is to hire you for a little job. Just to wipe out a small cult of devil worshipers at the docks." Huh, oddly specific... "Nothing too big for such strong people as yourselves..." She sounds like she's teasing and mocking, but also sounds like her offer is genuine. "In return, none of this will have happened. Just another gang hit on a poor tavern."

The scarfed man will see several windows, broken, as well as a back door. However, at the door, he'll see several people, diced to pieces.

What's worse, are the images going through his mind at the sight. Images of his sword entering their bodies, twisting, before he pulls it out in laughter. Then it happens again....

and again...

The request to see the witnesses is met with a snort. "Do you think my master would be as idiotic to play into your hand?" *giggle* "I may have fallen for that if he hadn't warned me about it."

OOC:

I'm sorry for the slow reply. I've been rather busy with work and awfully tired when I wasn't. Thanks for the patience. I'll be sure to post quicker from now on.

Artemis97
2010-08-14, 04:10 PM
The man staggers back under the force of the memory. If that was what it really was. Did he really do this? He was in no doubt that he could kill a man, but was he really so violent about it? Could he honestly picture himself laughing while doing it? Something wasn't right here.

Suspicious, he slowly lpulls his sword out of its sheath, checking the edge. Was there blood there? Of course, there was blood everywhere, but if he'd never drawn steel, perhaps it would be clean.

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-14, 07:08 PM
The big lizard's sword doesn't have a sheathe, so there's no point checking it for blood. Instead, he stomps over to one of the corpses and grunts at it, before looking around again for the source of the unknown voice.

"You say devil worshipers. Ok, I say. I can kill devil worshipers. But that is all, yes? No hidden tricks, no changing the deal? Kill cult, get to continue on our way?"

Terumitsu
2010-08-15, 10:59 PM
The woman looked out the window to check the time of day before she spoke again. It would be awkward if she waltzed outside covered in blood in broad daylight.

As for wiping out a cult? Well, that could be fun. She'd never punched a man of cloth before but if it was for a good cause, then she wouldn't mind too much. Of course, after this was all over with, she'd really like to find out who this 'Master' person was. Give him a good 'talking to' when it's all said and done.

In fact... "So, say we do this. Is your 'Master' gonna grant us an audience or somethin'? Or does just like jerking the chains of random people for kicks? I don't like the idea of being 'selected' for this sort of thing." she said.

Being rather intellegent, the woman's mind began to pick at things and pull them together to form another idea. She kept it to herself but.. Perhaps they HAD been under the influence of some spell... Maybe it was because they survived or at least killed the most people to be 'selected' for this job. Then, this 'Master' guy grabbed who was left with some reasonable assurance as to the strongest of the group and sends them out to do his dirty work...

Well, it was a possibility. It's what she would have done if she was in controll at least.

UncleWolf
2010-08-16, 08:24 PM
The man with a scarf will see that his blade has been wiped clean. Very recently. But, his skilled eye will see tacky blood clinging in the joint where the blade meets the hilt.

It seems...that the worst really did happen.

"That's the deal!" says the girlish voice with a giggle. You get the feeling that if you could see her, she'd be on her back, kicking her feet in the air, and grinning. "Unless you'd like to make it longer that is. I'm suuuure my master would love that."

She laughs at the woman's suggestion. "Oh sure, and expose himse-" She stops talking for a moment. "He says maybe. If you preform admirably. But meeting him would have a price..." Her voice has lost it's cheerful mirth.

EDIT: Also, it's seen that it's about noonish.

Terumitsu
2010-08-16, 09:06 PM
"Ah, well I guess we can haggle over price if we survive then." the woman said, now wearing a small smirk. Apparently she was a little pleased with herself for getting that idiot voice to stop being so damned cheery. It had been getting annoying.

"Well, I'm gonna go find a washtub if this place has one. No sense in walking outside looking like we just killed a bunch of people, yeah?" she said with a bit of dark humor in her voice. That in itself might be a bit unsettling to the other to simply being how calm the woman seemed to be about having apparently just killed a bunch of innocent (assumably) people. Either she was quite indoctrinated to this or she had a few nasty psycological quarks hiding somewhere.

That and she didn't seem to have a weapon on her which means that she apparently killed with her bare hands. That in itself might be cause for alarm.

Reguardless, the woman was going to do just that and find a washtub with fresh water if possible. Otherwise, some perfectly fine bedsheets were gonna be used as a rag to wipe off all that filth. And possibly some dead body would find itself naked as her clothes were likely gonna need changing as well.

Artemis97
2010-08-16, 09:44 PM
Behind his scarf, the man scowls, not pleased by what he found. He slides the blade back into its sheath with a sharp, frustrated gesture. Turning back into the tavern, he looks around for the most likely source of the voice.

"Deal." He says in a gruff tone.

Seems he's accepted the agreement. What were a few cultists worth, anyways, compared to his freedom?

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-17, 09:32 AM
"Acceptable agreement. If it stays as it is." The lizard stomps off to look for some running water.

UncleWolf
2010-08-17, 08:14 PM
"I'd wash quickly." says the voice, giggling and cheerful once more. "After all, the guards are on the way..."

On the bottom floor, there is a barrel of rain water kept in the corner of the room behind the bar. Even though it's not exactly a wash tub, it should do well enough to clean you most of the way.

It'll be fairly hard to find a person who's clothing isn't blood covered or hacked apart, but there are still enough around to scrounge clothing from.

"And don't worry, the deal will stay as it is. As for where the cult is, they reside in the only multistory warehouse there. Their territory is marked by a stylized oak leaf."

Running water? In a tavern? Well, if it started raining, the lizardman could always stand under the leaky parts of the roof...

Terumitsu
2010-08-17, 10:56 PM
The woman spashed herself with the rainwater and tride manually scrubbing the worst of the bloody mess first. When she was as clean as possible of all telltail signs, she would grab the least damaged bit of clothing she could find that was still somewhat functional and would seek a corner of the tavern for a modicrum of modestry to change. Those old, dirty rags she had on were about to fall apart anyway. It was pretty much impossible to guess what color they might have been in the first place.

"Alright. I'm ready." she said, noting the obvious just in case it wasn't clear.

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-18, 12:19 AM
"Feh." The lizardman grunts at the lack of running water and stomps over to the rain barrel with a rag torn from a dead man's shirt. Soaking the rag in the water, he quickly scrubs the worst of the muck off his scales.

"Will serve well enough," he mutters. "At least until I get access to somewhere to swim..."

Artemis97
2010-08-20, 11:07 PM
"Let's go." The be-scarfed man grunts. It seems he doesn't care about washing up, so long as they got away clean. He turns towards the backdoor again, intending to slip out of the building before the guard got here. Maybe the others would follow, if they were smart.

UncleWolf
2010-08-21, 01:14 PM
"Good luck!" says the giggling voice before it falls silent.

The scarfed man(really, your characters need to introduce themselves so I can use their names :smalltongue:) will be hit with a blast of hot, dry air and scorching sun. Once his eyes adjust to the light, he'll see several adobe buildings. In fact, it seems the entire city is built out of them. This sends images and memories through his mind, telling him that he's in the Oasis city of Camerone, deep inside the Kuuntam Desert. It's a place known to be the crossroads of caravans and fates.

But..wait a second...if you're in a desert, why did the woman mention docks?

In answer to this question, a large mercantile schooner rumbles through the air above the buildings, heading to an impossibly large spire surrounded by dozens upon dozens of flying ships.

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-21, 07:14 PM
The lizardman blinks at the desert outside. "I hate this place." He decides quite quickly, pushing out past the man with the scarf to taste the air. Muttering something about unnatural lack of water, he stomps off towards the docks, only pausing to make sure the others follow, his tail dragging in the dust.

Terumitsu
2010-08-21, 09:11 PM
((OOC: Airships! Sweet.... We're gonna hijack one of them aren't we?))

The woman shielded her eyes from the sudden glare and brought up the fabric mask (You know, the standard issue mask for when the event of a sandstorm arises and to keep the dust of the desert away) to her face, covering everything but her eyes. "So why'd you come here if you hate it?" she asked the lizardman, keeping pace. It was a question intended to annoy, yes, but there was some genuine curiosity to it as well.

Artemis97
2010-08-22, 11:49 PM
((Sounds like a plan to me! ^_^))

The scarfed man blinks in the sudden sunlight and looks out over the dusty oasis. He cranes his neck to watch the airship pass overhead, wondering how something that big could stay in the sky. When the others set off towards the tower, he follows, keeping an eye out for any guards that might be looking for them.

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-23, 09:42 AM
"I was looking for something. My search led me here. I think." The lizardman shook his head and stomped along in the dust. "It's still a bit fuzzy."

Terumitsu
2010-08-23, 06:30 PM
The woman snickered a bit upon hearing the lizardman's choice of words. Hearing a scaly thing use the word 'fuzzy' was just a little amusing. Nothing exceptional but just one of those things that tickle one's brain in just the right place under given circumstances.

"Looking for what, though?" she said, prying into the specifics. She kept a more casual eye out for trouble than the scarfed man. Not that she knew she was being more casual about it but more as just a note of the probable level of attention dedicated to the task.

UncleWolf
2010-08-28, 06:29 PM
The terribly troublesome and tired trio travels trueheartedly towards the towering tower to terrify terrible terrorists, the torturous temperature trounces them, only traversed by the tiered terraces tacked tactfully over trader's tables.

*stops the alliteration* (That's all this post :smalltongue:)

As they travel, the three will notice that they stand out quite a bit. The populace of the city seems to be dark skinned and bald. They seem to be a fan of bright and garish colors. Greens, reds, whites, and purples. There seems to be a pattern to who wears it though. The workers wear green, the dullest of colors, the merchants red, the guards purple, and the nobility, what little you can see, wears the purest of whites.

As you near the docks, you notice how the houses become bigger, turning into storefronts and small warehouses, telling you that you are getting close.

Artemis97
2010-08-28, 10:54 PM
Dressed in black, and covered in whatever muck he'd aquired at the tavern, the be-scarfed man was certainly not a noble. Hell, he probably wouldn't even qualify as the lowliest worker. He stuck out. He didn't like that.

"We need new clothes." He tells the others, saying the most words in one go since they'd met him.

Destro_Yersul
2010-08-29, 09:05 AM
"Answers," The lizard replies simply, not wishing to go into too much depth. He looks down at his scaled form when the man mentions clothes. "I think I'm good."

He probably sticks out more than the others.

Terumitsu
2010-08-30, 11:30 PM
The woman, having already changed earlier probably didn't stick out as much save from by association with the two others. That is, unless the person whom she had retrieved the garments from was also an outsider. That was always a possibility. As for her prying, she stopped after seeing that she wasn't going to get anywhere for the moment.

"You mean YOU need new clothes. I doubt that it'll be an issue. Unless there is some noble mandate or some crap like that. If that's the case then we can just filch 'em off the backs of whoever gets too personal about it." she said with a smirk. At least, it sounded like she was smirking as that dust-cloth was still over her face. She casually browsed through the wares on display as they passed them by, eyes on the lookout for anything that might be particularly useful or interesting.

UncleWolf
2010-08-31, 08:03 PM
Ah...the market place. Probably everyone's favorite part of town. Well, aside from the Red Light District, but that's a different story.

The streets are crowded with a motley assortment of people; merchants, slaves, travelers and workers. The group will blend in easier here as other outsiders are around, but there still aren't many. A scant few dozen out of hundreds at most, which means the adventurers still get more than a few looks. The stalls sell everything from weapons to armor to spices and clothing. Each stall varies in quality, from the finest steel, to the weakest cloth.

Buyer Beware. :smallamused:

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 03:58 PM
The man simply grunts in response. He scans the crowd and the market stalls, looking for a likely place to buy some fresh clothes. Or a likely target to steal from. A loose coin purse? Perhaps a bauble on a table someone wasn't watching? Someone who could be pushed into a dark alleyway might be the best option. Heh, maybe one of those clean white noble? He smiles behind his scarf at the thought.

Destro_Yersul
2010-09-05, 11:31 PM
The lizard isn't really interested in buying anything. Some meat, maybe, if he comes across some that smells good. But more likely he'll just keep going straight ahead, grumbling about how hot it is and how the dust is going to take forever to pick out from between his scales.

Terumitsu
2010-09-09, 06:36 PM
Having very little on hand that went 'clink' when shaken and much fewer when coin was considered, the woman did not spend much time looking over the various items laid out to the dry air. Well, not too much at least. Some rather pretty things that shone and glimmered gained a bit more than a passing glance, causing her to pause for a moment to examine them before walking on. Really, acting like a browsing customer if anyone was watching.

She was used to acting like a part of the crowd, helped with getting away with things. Especially when the law was out for you for beating a man half to death when he was assuredly asking for a trouncing by making unwanted advances. Sure, she could smell the alcohol on the man in particular but that didn't excuse him from his actions. She busted a knuckle on the edge of his teeth that time. Hurt like hell. Probably hurt him more though.

UncleWolf
2010-09-19, 10:10 PM
The be-scarfed man will likely notice that his passing thought of trying to mug a noble should stay a passing thought as they always seem to have at least a couple of purple clad people who hover around them, armed to the teeth. But, he will also likely notice several opportunities that present themselves to him.

Perhaps the jewelry stand with the half-drunk merchant?

Or maybe several of the street children that are running through the crowd, cutting purses of their own?

Or maybe, just maybe the young street walker, waiting for her next "job" near the entrance of a dark alley?

Those are just a few of the obvious marks, but there are still several easy looking ones in the crowd, their purses hanging at their sides...

Tempting, isn't it?

As for the lizard man, he'll smell several meat stands nearby. The closest of which seems to sell "Long Pork", whatever that is. It's too heavily spiced to be able to tell by scent. The natives seem to avoid it though.

Wonder why?

((Also, sorry for my slow posting rate. Not making any excuses except that I tend to be a bit lazy and procrastinate sometimes. *ignores that he should have had this done a week and a half ago*

But, as a reward, and since I forgot to say this earlier. Give yourselves 200XP. One for completing the first scene, and another for completing the first page of the thread))

Artemis97
2010-09-19, 10:58 PM
The man spots the poorly watched jewelry stall and smiles behind his scarf. Lowest risk, lowest chance of confrontation. Grabbing one of the kids would definately cause trouble, and that lovely lady in the alleyway might have plans of her own. He angles for the jewelry stand and tries to discreetly grab a few rings from the edge of the counter. Just as small as coins and considerably more valuable.

Sleight of Hand
[roll0]

Destro_Yersul
2010-09-20, 10:03 AM
Narrowing his eyes meaningfully at the 'long pork' stall, the lizardman decides a brief detour is in order. "What sort of meat is these?" He asks the vendor, stopping for a moment as they pass.

Terumitsu
2010-09-21, 01:56 AM
'Long Pork' brought up.. Well, it wasn't a memory but the woman could swear that she knew something about it.. Or had anyway. The thought was like a grit of sand in her eye and it was annoying to think about. It was infuriating. It was so stupid to! Why get all worked up over something as idiotic as a thought about food? And yet it was still there! It was worse than a half-remembered tune plauging the mind. What was it? Why this over something so stupidly trivial?

To vent a bit of irritation, she slammed a hand onto the side of a stall that looked sturdy enough to take it. This would probably draw some looks but she really didn't care that much right now.

UncleWolf
2010-09-24, 05:33 PM
The meat vendor, a foreigner as well with wild unkempt hair and a set of robes dyed brightly enough to scare away sunlight itself, grins broadly, showing ritualistically sharpened teeth. "Good meat. Cheap. Come from Eastern Marshes. Want some, yes?" He says, holding out a large chunk. "Just two daacla."(Copper).

The woman slamming her fist onto the counter results in it collapsing, a dry rotted leg snapping beneath the blow. Luckily, the stall is empty, no one behind it, but it draws the attention of several people.

Including the jewelry vendor.

The vendor had been sneakily keeping an eye on everyone who came close to his stall, knowing just how tricky some people are. It's also one of the few stalls the children stay away from.

Just as the be-scarfed man approaches though, his attention is distracted by a certain table crumbling beneath someone's slamming fist.

Giving the thief ample opportunity to snatch a pair of small golden rings. They lack gems, but should be worth a little something.

Destro_Yersul
2010-09-24, 08:12 PM
The lizardman sniffed at it, wondering about the combination of spices. "Yes." he decided, forking over a couple of copper from a pouch in exchange for a chunk of the meat. Chewing on that, he moves on.

Terumitsu
2010-09-25, 02:58 PM
Ah hell. Now people were looking. Well, that was just peachy. She didn't care that they were looking but she didn't like crowds. The woman decided that it would be a good idea to get away from the crowd and made a quick assesment that a show of violence would probably be the worst thing to do. That would just draw more people. And as much as she would love to give a cautionary glare, that was probably just as bad. So, she just pushed her way through and made a more direct course toward the airship docks. Might as well get this cult extermination over with.

Artemis97
2010-09-25, 11:47 PM
The be-scarfed man smirks as he pockets the rings and slips off into the crowd. Once they were out of sight of the Jeweler's stand he appears at the woman's side.

"Nice distraction." He says to her, clearly grateful for it.

Terumitsu
2010-09-29, 01:41 PM
It took a moment for the woman to realise what the scarfed man was talking about. Only a moment though. She just shrugged a responce, feeling rather indifferent toward the act. It's not like it was her place to tell the man off, was it? Not to mention she had little of value anyway so there wasn't much to be worried about. Heck, maybe sticky fingers here had other useful talents too.

Artemis97
2010-09-30, 11:22 AM
Oh, he could do more than swipe a few small items off a stall. He was a competent thief and enforcer. Plus, he wasn't stupid enough to steal from an ally. That was just a good way to get killed. Usually by someone like himself.

With the bright gold rings burning a hole in his pocket, the bescarfed man looked around the market for a good place to get rid of them. The faster he could sell them off, the less likely the crime was to be discovered and linked back to him, and the sooner he would have real coin in his pocket. Then he'd be that much closer to a fresh set of clothes. While he wasn't finicky about his appearance, some things just couldn't be tolerated for long. Clothes covered in gore was one of them.

UncleWolf
2010-10-06, 08:22 PM
The no good thief will find another jewelry stall a couple blocks down, between a spice merchant, and a carpet seller.

A couple carpets are chained down and seem to struggle against their anchors.

The lizardman is avoided in general though when people recognize the heavily spiced meat. Under that savory and hot taste however, he'll taste that the meat is very sweet and fatty. :smallwink:

As the trio moves on though, they'll move deeper into the warehouse district and...(Spot check! please. Use the thread tool)

((Also, I apologize for my slow rate of posting, I promise I'll try to speed it up from now on.))

Destro_Yersul
2010-10-07, 09:24 AM
"Feh. Picky eaters. This is pretty good. Don't know what they're all so uptight about." Shrugging his scaly shoulders, the lizardman tore off another chunk of his lunch and glanced around idly.

[roll0] No mods! I suck at noticing things!

Terumitsu
2010-10-07, 01:10 PM
((Note to self, Lizardman's new nickname is Blindy-O-Sightless. Then again, barbarian is in the same boat.))

"Really, what's it taste like then?" the woman asked, curious. If anything, a small bite to eat wouldn't be all that bad of an idea. A small snack perhaps.

Really, the odd thing was, seeing that terrible mess did trigger a faint sense of hunger. Call it a primal urge or what not but thinking about it just triggered it. She causually glanced here and there as well but, being a much better listener, kept a sharp ear out for anything as well

([roll0] Spot)
([roll1] Listen)

Artemis97
2010-10-13, 08:27 PM
((Hehe, I remember that character!))

The thief spots the jeweler's stall and heads straight for it. The carpets in the next stall get a curious look from him.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

UncleWolf
2010-10-13, 09:57 PM
We're close, so close. The winged ones are almost here... thinks a man hurriedly as he rushes through the streets in his white robes, trying to get to the assigned meeting place. A strange oak leaf symbol, similar to the one on the side of a warehouse up ahead, is branded into his forehead. He stops near the jewelry stall, to one of a more...dubious nature, covered in cloths and drapes, blocking watchers from seeing what's inside...

Too bad the trio don't notice that though, since they're distracted by that.

*points to a dog dancing on a big ball for treats*

But, moving on...

The be-scarfed man will find a smiling merchant(ess) waiting for him as she spots him in the crowd. "Yes? How may I help you?"

Destro_Yersul
2010-10-14, 10:34 AM
"Kind of sweet. Lot of fat, though. Reminds me a bit of what we used to have back home when supplies were short, but the spices are different." The big lizard shrugs, and looks at the dog. "Tastes good, at least."

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 08:49 PM
The be-scarfed man notices the little dog and gives a short, quiet laugh. Upon reaching the jeweler's stall, he simply looks the merchant woman in the eyes and, without a word, pulls the rings from his pocket and puts them down on the counter between them.

Hopefully she'll pick up the idea that he's looking to sell them. Also, hopefully, she won't look too closely at the state he was in, still a mess from the earlier fight.

UncleWolf
2010-10-14, 09:39 PM
The woman smirks a bit. "Very well, how much do you want for them?" she starts, not bothered at all by the foreigner's appearance.

After a bit of haggling, the merchantess gives a nod and takes the rings, trading them for a pouch of 10gp. It isn't much, but it's better than what the scarfed man had.

Artemis97
2010-10-14, 10:20 PM
The be-scarfed man nods his thanks before taking his coin and leaving. Now he just needed some new clothes, preferably black, and a place to change. A dark alley would do.