PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] I have a character concept, now I just need the mechanics.

Vin Robinson
2010-08-06, 04:00 AM
So, first things first, I should mention a few strange things about the campaign I'm in. The DM gave me pre-generated stats that are kind of unreasonable, and said that he wants me to play some variation of Hobgoblin.. But the LA is free.

My stat array is: 24, 19, 16, 14, 12, 9.

What I want is some sort of sneaky crazy Assassin/Doctor that uses his knowledge of anatomy to both hurt and heal people.

My play style for this character is going to be hanging around until an opportune moment to strike, and other than that leaving the in-combat spot light to the other players.

I would really love to get some semblance of an okay sneak attack die progression, death attack from a level of Assassin, and then some sort of Cleric-y business.

What I was thinking was going Rogue 1 or Sneak Attack Variant Fighter with Hit and Run tactics variant 1 and then Cloistered Cleric X with a level of Assassin in there, perhaps taking a level of Swordsage for Assassin's Stance at level 9 or so.

Anyway, anything to make this character viable would be great. The DM is also allowing 2 flaws and we are starting at level 8, with plans to go up to the mid-teens. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Lyndworm
2010-08-06, 04:07 AM
My first instinct is to suggest Swordsage, and then the Shadowsun Ninja PrC.

They gain the ability to manipulate both Positive and Negative energies, and are very assassiny.

Human Paragon 3
2010-08-06, 08:48 AM
You could go with Factotum. With an Int of 24, you will be a beast! UMD for cure items, and you get Opportunitsic Piety which can heal. And, oh yeah, nova sneak attacks by blowing all your points on a huge attack.

PrC into assassin. Since Factotum is Int-based, your death attack DC will be respectable. Factotum 8/Assassin x would be good. Stay in assassin so your death attack DC continues to go up.

Lysander
2010-08-06, 09:32 AM
I'm not too familiar with it, but there is the Fleshwarper prestige class. That definitely qualifies as a "crazy doctor"

true_shinken
2010-08-06, 10:03 AM
Take the Healer's Vision spell. Looks like exactly what you want.