PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone Know much about Kas?

Aeromyre
2010-08-06, 10:31 AM
I haven't read my old artifacts section of my 1st ed DMG in forever
They say they don't know much anything about Vecna, what about his right hand? No pun intended
But no one ever talks about Kas
What happened to him after he killed Vecna? Damned to a thousand hells? Rewarded for such treachery? Consumed by his uber intelligent/evil sword?
Why did he choose to work for the big Vecna?
What class(es) would he be? Back in the day of AD&D i would suppose he'd be a highlevel fighter with some possible dips into magic user

just tell me what you know or perhaps speculation

Kurald Galain
2010-08-06, 10:34 AM
Kas is the brand name of soft drink produced by PepsiCo...

Oh wait, wrong article.Here you go (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kas_the_Bloody-Handed), Wikipedia Is Your Friend.

Aeromyre
2010-08-06, 10:37 AM
Kas is the brand name of soft drink produced by PepsiCo...

Oh wait, wrong article.Here you go (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kas_the_Bloody-Handed), Wikipedia Is Your Friend.

hahaha
I had the same two discoveries :D

It's still pretty vague about a lot of things :(

Choco
2010-08-06, 12:45 PM
They have a section dedicated to him in the 4e Open Grave book, page 204. And unlike certain other things in 4e (like the Blood War, or rather the lack thereof...) Kas and Vecna look like they are still the same as they have always been, so using this info in 3.5e or older should not be an issue.

Tanuki Tales
2010-08-06, 12:57 PM
Kas ended up as a Vestige in 3.5

Glimbur
2010-08-06, 01:19 PM
To whom it may concern,

Kas has been a model employee here at The Hanging Grape for months now. We had started attracting more patrons to our establishment, but this meant that we had more fights and other concerns. I was unsure what to do until I decided to hire a bouncer. After a rigorous interview process, I decided upon Kas.

Kas normally stands outside the bar and glowers. This alone has reduced our problem; we used to have a fight every night but since hiring him we have maybe one fight a month. When something does break out, Kas steps inside and bludgeons the offenders with a truncheon. He has refused to use a sword, stating that until he gets "his" sword back the club will do.

Despite only being hired as a bouncer, Kas helps count the money and walks the waitresses home if they get a bad feeling about a customer. Last month we got an Umber Hulk in the basement. I was about to call an exterminator when Kas told me not to worry about it. The Umber Hulk stew was a hit with our patrons.

In short, I have no problem endorsing Kas for any position he applies for. He is reluctant to talk about his past, but I'm sure we all have our skeletons in the closet. He is the most reliable and trustworthy employee I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

-Glimbur, owner and barman at The Hanging Grape

arguskos
2010-08-06, 01:25 PM
In short, I have no problem endorsing Kas for any position he applies for. He is reluctant to talk about his past, but I'm sure we all have our skeletons in the closet.
http://captionsearch.com/pix/2rub7eoeem.jpg
:smallbiggrin:

Well played, Glimbur, well played.

Boccobsblog
2010-08-06, 01:44 PM
In my game he's a lvl 10 Fallen Paladin/10 Blackguard/3 Vampire Master with the evolved undead template for a total of CR 26. He hides in a fortress on the negative energy plane guarded by an army of powerful vampires. He helps PC's from time to time (through his minions) when they are trying to thwart a plot of Vecna's followers or people seeking the hand and eye. He is on constant lookout for his sword.

Yorrin
2010-08-06, 07:21 PM
In my campaign the PCs killed him after one of them became a Paladin of Vecna.

true_shinken
2010-08-07, 11:50 AM
In my campaign the PCs killed him after one of them became a Paladin of Vecna.

Wait, what?

hamishspence
2010-08-07, 12:34 PM
In 4E, all gods (good, evil, unaligned, etc) have access to Paladins.

And in 3E, there are many paladin variants.

Yorrin
2010-08-07, 01:32 PM
And in 3E, there are many paladin variants.

This. Warlock multiclassed with the NE variant Paladin, who also became a vampire at one point. He was quite a fellow, and despite his sucky-at-first-glance build he was actually rather competent. Outshone the Lesser Drow Rogue and was on-par with the Goblin Wizard also in that campaign (first time Wizard player).