PDA

View Full Version : Druid Gear

Man With Dog
2010-08-06, 05:30 PM
At level 8 - A Druid - 13,000gp to spend.

I have armour already, i have a necklace to heal my companion and that is about all at this point.

Any idea's on gear i could get?
To coincide with the others in the group - i am supposed to stick to purely the Core books (namely the DMG) but i am guessing one from elsewhere might no hurt so much.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

If armour for my companion comes up - he is large (for working out cost)

Gavinfoxx
2010-08-06, 05:39 PM
At level 8 - A Druid - 13,000gp to spend.

I have armour already, i have a necklace to heal my companion and that is about all at this point.

Any idea's on gear i could get?
To coincide with the others in the group - i am supposed to stick to purely the Core books (namely the DMG) but i am guessing one from elsewhere might no hurt so much.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

If armour for my companion comes up - he is large (for working out cost)

You are going to basically be constantly wild shaped into a large animal, or maybe a large magical beast if you are a druid 5 /planar shepherd 3, do all of your items have wilding clasps? it's 4000 gp each, so you should get as few continuous magical items as possible! I would say focus mostly on your armor and a single wilding clasp, and lots of utility stuff, and things that you can take off, wild shape, and put back on..

Andion Isurand
2010-08-06, 05:45 PM
Wilding Clasps are pretty useful if you have items you wear and want to remain functional during wildshape.

Man With Dog
2010-08-06, 05:46 PM
You are going to basically be constantly wild shaped into a large animal, or maybe a large magical beast if you are a druid 5 /planar shepherd 3, do all of your items have wilding clasps? it's 4000 gp each, so you should get as few continuous magical items as possible! I would say focus mostly on your armor and a single wilding clasp, and lots of utility stuff, and things that you can take off, wild shape, and put back on..

I have armour that goes with wildshaping - so my armour is pretty much sorted (except maybe an Animated Shield - unure of cost)

It was more flavour items i guess i was looking for - as i say, my armour is ok but i will need to get some for the Tiger

Gavinfoxx
2010-08-06, 05:53 PM
I have armour that goes with wildshaping - so my armour is pretty much sorted (except maybe an Animated Shield - unure of cost)

It was more flavour items i guess i was looking for - as i say, my armour is ok but i will need to get some for the Tiger

So do you have the beastskin armor or the wild armor?

A +1 Beastskin Hide Armor (some of the cheapest, crappiest Druid armor ever...) is 9165 gp... you sure you have your armor sorted out? All other items you use when wild shaping other than this thing *wouldn't work*, and you would have to spend a use of wild shape to make it useful...

Man With Dog
2010-08-06, 06:02 PM
So do you have the beastskin armor or the wild armor?

A +1 Beastskin Hide Armor (some of the cheapest, crappiest Druid armor ever...) is 9165 gp... you sure you have your armor sorted out? All other items you use when wild shaping other than this thing *wouldn't work*, and you would have to spend a use of wild shape to make it useful...

Yeah, it is sorted. DM wanted to sort out part of our equipment for his story arc and he sorted out the armour and another bit for my animal companion.
Thats why i only have 13k left