PDA

View Full Version : Slime

Sydonai
2010-08-07, 09:02 AM
3.5 Faerun
I have no idea what to do with this and have no talent with statistics.
Please come up with something useable, you may use and/or abuse the information presented her in any way you like, but please don't troll or post flames.

Elder Eye:(Artifact, Takes up the amulet item-slot)

Apprarance: floats around the wearers neck like an Ioun Stone, looks like an eye made of platinum with an iris of Amythyst and a black pearl in place of a pupil

Abilities: Acid Healing, Acid Orb at-Will, Slime Wave 3/day, and Befoul 1/day

(Acid Healing; acid damage heals the wearer rather than harming him)

Once worn the Eye it is undetectable by the wearer, not even True-sight will reveal its presence. If anyone but the wearer tries to remove the Eye they are effected by disintegrate(Caster-Level 20)

If the wearer is not of an accepted type(Abberation, Outsider, Ooze, or Undead) then he takes one point of wisdom drain per hour that he wears the eye. When he reaches zero wisdom then he acts like an ooze(trys to eat/melt everyhthing in sight), this drain may not be healed as long as the Elder Eye is worn.

Caster-level 20, overwhelming magic of all schools

Method of destruction: Loth must profess her love of Ghaunadaur in the presence of the Elder Eye.

When the Eye is "destroyed" the wearer becomes the Chosen of Ghaunadaur and the Eye reveals itself as the avatar of Ghaunadaur and returns to it's original size and shape, a Collosal semi-amorphous humanoid of molten platinum.

Chosen of Ghaunadaur gains the Half Far-Spawn template as well as the following abilities:

Access to the Slime and Corruption domains.

Oozy Touch (Su): Choose five kinds of oozy touch from the table below. The character may, as a full attack action, make a melee touch attack that has one or more of the effects listed for that kind of ooze on the table below. In addition, the oozemaster is immune to the effects of that particular kind of ooze. Thus, an Chosen with brown mold oozy touch is immune to the effects of all brown mold. This ability confers no special resistance to similar effects that do not stem from the character’s selected kind of ooze, so the aforementioned wearer is still subject to cold subdual damage fromother sources—such as cold weather.

Oozy Touch Options
Kind/ /Effect

Brown mold/ /1d6+10 points of cold subdual damage to flesh

Gray ooze/ /1d6+10 points of acid damage to flesh, metal, or wood

Ochre jelly/ /1d4 points of stunning damage and 1d4+10 points of acid damage to flesh only

Phosphorescent fungus/ /Touched area emits a soft violet glow as a light spell until the fungus is wiped off

Black pudding/ /2d6+10 points of acid damage to flesh, metal, wood, or stone

Gelatinous cube/ /Fort save (DC 15) or paralyzed for a number of rounds equal to 1d6+10

Green slime/ /1d6 temporary Constitution damage to flesh and 1d6+10 points of acid damage to metal or wood

Yellow mold/ /2d4 points of temporary Constitution damage to flesh (DC 15 Fort save for half)

Oozy Glob (Sp): can throw a glob of the same material as any oozy touch, with a range increment of 10 feet. This is treated as a grenadelike weapon. He can throw one oozy glob per round. (A character attacks with a grenadelike weapon as a ranged touch attack. Direct hits deal direct hit damage as noted on the table above. All creatures within 5 feet suffer 1 point of the appropriate splash damage. See Grenadelike Weapon Attacks in Chapter 8 of the Player’s Handbook for more details.) This ability is usable 5/per day

Slithery Face (Su): He gains a competence bonus equal to +10 on disguise checks due to his half-melted and moldable features.

Malleability (Su):He can compress his body enough to squeeze through an inchwide crack. He cannot expand inside a space that offers any resistance, such as an occupied suit of armor.

Indiscernible Anatomy (Su): Treat all critical hits and sneak attacks against him as though he were wearing armor with the light fortification power.

Slime Wave (Sp): he may use slime Wave once per day as the spell cast by a 20th-level druid.

One with the Ooze: His type changes to ooze. He gains the Blindsight feat and becomes immune to flanking, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and all mind-influencing effects. In addition, he is immune to polymorph effects.

(These are pretty much ripped directly from the "Oozemaster' Prc)

In addition the Chosen is permenately Charmed by Ghaunadaur AND Loth, even though the Chosen would normally be immune to charm effects.

DracoDei
2010-08-07, 12:03 PM
1 for 1 healing is quite powerful, but also might be in line for a major artifact (there is very little that isn't). 1 damage healed for each 2 damage that would otherwise be inflicted is the usual method, although I have also seen 1 for 3.

If you make the appropriate lore checks, a simple summoning spell might be seen as a safe way to remove it, even with the wearer being the caster (since the summon will be able to see it). You might want to drop in some language (there should be somewhere you can copy it from) about the caster being the target instead in that case (although I even know how to work around that...).

Also, you have a copy/pasta error in the word "oozemaster".

Sydonai
2010-08-07, 03:36 PM
Like I said, I have no idea what to do with this. If anyone wants to adopt this idea then its okay with me. I just didn't want to forget about it without writing it down somewhere.