PDA

View Full Version : Things You Hate About Summer

Dr.Epic
2010-08-07, 05:13 PM
To name two off the top of my head...

sunburns (I am very fair skinned)
mosquito bites

Now combine the two and you'll experience how I've felt during the past two days.

Assassin89
2010-08-07, 05:18 PM
I don't like the heat, the humidity, the mosquitoes, and the bouts of boredom.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-07, 05:18 PM
Usually not much to hate on it, don't burn easy, mosquitoes leave me alone, love summer thunderstorms and humidity etc., but this has been about the hottest summer of my life. 90's-100's all day, every day. I'm hating that I love being outside but it's too hot to do much. Go swimming or creek jumping at least 4 times a week, but still...

Thufir
2010-08-07, 05:26 PM
Heat. There is too much of it sometimes.

Felyndiira
2010-08-07, 05:28 PM
Summer? What summer =p?

Honestly, though, I hated just about everything with it =p. Job searches, frantic interviews, getting yelled at by my dad for not applying quickly enough, finding out about the job market, and other related stuff. Just glad that all of that is over with now.

Aedilred
2010-08-07, 05:30 PM
1. Overheating. Although this has improved since I've trimmed up a bit, I feel the heat very badly, and hot days are still torture for me. Especially since I wear a jacket everywhere; this has improved since I got myself a lighter one, but still.

2. Hayfever.

3. Sunburn/tan - I don't like having browned skin. Partly because it makes me paranoid about the risk of cancer, partly because I just prefer my natural fair skin tone.

4. People taking their shirts off. Not so much an issue any more, but I've had very bad skin on my torso for a long time and have been very sensitive about anyone seeing it. When everyone's stripping down on a hot day I feel a bit intimidated.

5. People rolling all over each other in the park. Just because it's a nice day doesn't mean you have to copulate in public.

6. Grockles. London is overrun with tourists in the summer, even moreso than at other times of year. They just get in the way.

druid91
2010-08-07, 05:35 PM
That its not winter and that there isn't half a foot of snow on the ground, The fact that insects are active and that if it weren't for summer I would almost never have to deal with non-sapient living things and strong sunlight.

Drascin
2010-08-07, 05:43 PM
1 - Heat.

2 - Obligatory family beach outings (like pools, hate the beach).

3 - Heat.

4 - Mosquitoes and similar buggers. I have like twenty-three bites on me at this precise moment. My whole left foot feels made of itch.

5 - Heat.

6 - Having to be careful because with all this heat and no wind around, my poor old computer overheats if I use it too much. I really need to change it, it's served like a champ.

7 - Heat.

:smalltongue:

Marnath
2010-08-07, 06:15 PM
5. People rolling all over each other in the park. Just because it's a nice day doesn't mean you have to copulate in public.

The way you said that makes it sound like it's not illegal to do that in public in the U.K. ? O.o

Dmatix
2010-08-07, 06:15 PM
The thing I hate the most is the lack of rain. I really love rain. That was kinda weird. Sorry.

shadowxknight
2010-08-07, 06:19 PM
Boredom :smallsigh:

All school year long I anxiously wait for summer break...
Then it's here and I start to enjoy freedom, and life is good for a while.
But 3 months of nothingness is too much

Marnath
2010-08-07, 06:28 PM
Boredom :smallsigh:

All school year long I anxiously wait for summer break...
Then it's here and I start to enjoy freedom, and life is good for a while.
But 3 months of nothingness is too much

Try being unemployed for two years :smallsigh:

Kneenibble
2010-08-07, 06:33 PM
I just hope you stay in your basements until October and keep this summer-bashing on the internet, because if I hear any when I'm jogging in the park with no shirt and staring at the frisbee boys I will chase you all down and snap your undies.

Savannah
2010-08-07, 06:34 PM
Heat, humidity, heat, the fact that my parents get annoyed when I stay up late and get up late due to the heat, heat, the fact that my pets are hotter than I am so I don't want to snuggle them, and did I mention the heat? I don't even live in a hot area anymore, and I still hate the heat.

Those of you suffering mosquito bites, try vinegar. It hurts if you've broken the skin by scratching, but if you put it on when you first notice the bite it'll stop the itching for quite a while. Fortunately, there aren't that many mosquitoes where I live now, but I used to have to deal with them all the time. :smallyuk:

druid91
2010-08-07, 06:49 PM
I just hope you stay in your basements until October and keep this summer-bashing on the internet, because if I hear any when I'm jogging in the park with no shirt and staring at the frisbee boys I will chase you all down and snap your undies.

Good luck, I rarely leave farther then the end of my junkyard.

Archdeacon GX
2010-08-07, 06:52 PM
I don't like the heat, the humidity, the mosquitoes, and the bouts of boredom.

Pretty much that.

Icewalker
2010-08-07, 07:22 PM
A lot of people are talking about the heat, and, as I live here, I am reminded by a quote from Mark Twain: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Not terribly hot. Pretty foggy. Occasional rain. It gets quite hot on some days, but not compared to, say, New York. Not much I dislike about summer, except it reminds me how bad I am at actually doing all the many things I really want to do but never have time for/get around to.

Toastkart
2010-08-07, 07:51 PM
The heat and the humidity. My AC has been breaking on and off since late June. My apartment complex is finally going to replace the whole thing, but it'll probably take several days before they even get the new unit.

Erothayce
2010-08-07, 09:39 PM
Not a thing. Heats amazing, the beach is amazing and when you have awesome friends you're never bored. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2010-08-07, 09:41 PM
Mosquitoes are definitely the worst thing. The refusal of anyone to hire me, every year, is second. The heat is third.

TheThan
2010-08-07, 09:58 PM
Usually not much to hate on it, don't burn easy, mosquitoes leave me alone, love summer thunderstorms and humidity etc., but this has been about the hottest summer of my life. 90's-100's all day, every day. I'm hating that I love being outside but it's too hot to do much. Go swimming or creek jumping at least 4 times a week, but still...

normal average temps here at GI Joe headquarters. though I will admit, we've had quite a mild summer thus far, few 100+ days. Granted there's zero humidity.

Cobalt
2010-08-07, 09:59 PM
heeeaaat.

Though I like the freetime. And the napping.

But it's at an end, now... nooo...

Ponderthought
2010-08-07, 10:07 PM
Everything.

Then again, i live in texas. our seasons are summer, rainy, not quite summer and Christmas.

Keld Denar
2010-08-07, 11:17 PM
I hate working when the weather is absolutely GORGEOUS outside. Seattle summers 4tw!

IonDragon
2010-08-07, 11:33 PM
Hundreds of College girls walking about in short skirts and bikini tops... *sigh*
Cruising with the top down blasting club music...

Oh, you said hate? The heat while I'm trying to sleep is just about it. The heat at work is also bad, just not as much so because I've got an industrial sized ice machine and a big cup full of water all shift.

musicalbookworm
2010-08-07, 11:35 PM
the ac in my car giving out in the middle of the afternoon

my hairy dog coming in from the yard all smelly and hot and breathing on me

having to wear my hair up all the time so my neck isn't drenched in sweat

my other dog whining, and insisting on attention whenever there's a thunder storm

the power going out during of a thunderstorm (which sadly happens often here-UPCs sell like hot-cakes)

all that being said, i love thunderstorms and 100+ days assuming i have a house whose roof doesn't leak and an ac that works.

what can i say? i'm a texas girl, born and bred

Starscream
2010-08-07, 11:54 PM
I live in Florida, so what I hate about summer is every moment from about 9am to 7pm. Can't go outside without turning into crispy bacon.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-07, 11:59 PM
Summer? What summer =p?

Honestly, though, I hated just about everything with it =p. Job searches, frantic interviews, getting yelled at by my dad for not applying quickly enough, finding out about the job market, and other related stuff. Just glad that all of that is over with now.

Been there. :smallsigh:

Why are you so badass?

A lot of people are talking about the heat, and, as I live here, I am reminded by a quote from Mark Twain: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Not terribly hot. Pretty foggy. Occasional rain. It gets quite hot on some days, but not compared to, say, New York. Not much I dislike about summer, except it reminds me how bad I am at actually doing all the many things I really want to do but never have time for/get around to.

Definitely one of the best parts of living in the Bay Area. :smallbiggrin:

Klose_the_Sith
2010-08-08, 12:06 AM
Summer is too hot, too bright and too loud. The streets become full of people, (children in particular :smallyuk:) and peace becomes a rarity.

Of course my favourite type of day is grey, cloudy and generally the sort of thing that makes other people miserable ...

Why do I only get so many months of winter a year? :smallfrown:

Forever Curious
2010-08-08, 12:09 AM
Not being in college yet (I move in 18 days from now).

zeratul
2010-08-08, 12:29 AM
Like most metalheads and goths, the sun and heat is a major problem. Walking around in black jeans with a black t shirt while it's 85 and humid is an extremely unpleasant experience. Also mosquitoes and sunburns are major problems. I am content to stay in my air-conditioned house and wait til fall or winter to do the majority of my outdoorsy stuff other than fishing.

Coidzor
2010-08-08, 12:31 AM
Ah to be a slave to fashion. I mostly favor light clothing, so it's more how the sweat soaks into it and thus it clings to one's body. Not so bad when it's happening other than the unpleasantness of being drenched in sweat, but when one starts to cool down and there's all that clammy liquid right against one's skin, that's downright bleck.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-08, 12:33 AM
normal average temps here at GI Joe headquarters. though I will admit, we've had quite a mild summer thus far, few 100+ days. Granted there's zero humidity.
Yeeeah, humidity here is around 40-60% all day. Doesn't help. Still, I like it better to dry heat in most ways. Rather boil than fry.

Hundreds of College girls walking about in short skirts and bikini tops... *sigh*
Awful, absolutely awful... :smallamused:

IonDragon
2010-08-08, 01:00 AM
Like most metalheads and goths, the sun and heat is a major problem. Walking around in black jeans with a black t shirt while it's 85 and humid is an extremely unpleasant experience. Also mosquitoes and sunburns are major problems. I am content to stay in my air-conditioned house and wait til fall or winter to do the majority of my outdoorsy stuff other than fishing.

I'll go back to wearing all black when winter gets here. For the time being though, I've got a couple pairs of black mesh shorts, and in summers past I used to wear a black mesh(read UnderArmor workout clothes) wifebeater. I've gained too much weight to feel comfortable in a shirt like that, I can do white T-shirts for now.

druid91
2010-08-08, 01:36 AM

Oh, you said hate? The heat while I'm trying to sleep is just about it. The heat at work is also bad, just not as much so because I've got an industrial sized ice machine and a big cup full of water all shift.

Hey you reminded me of something, Not being able to yell "You little kids get off my lawn," as small children play ball and teenagers walk across my yard.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-08, 02:03 AM

You think it's bad for the metalheads? What about the hipsters? "95 degrees? Let me grab my scarf."

Klose_the_Sith
2010-08-08, 03:48 AM
You think it's bad for the metalheads? What about the hipsters? "95 degrees? Let me grab my scarf."

Depends on how much leather/how many chains I'm wearing :smalltongue:

skywalker
2010-08-08, 04:07 AM
That it ends? I mean, seriously. I love this season. But then again I love winter too... Maybe I just hate change?

Yeah, that will make a difference. Big time.

I live in Florida, so what I hate about summer is every moment from about 9am to 7pm. Can't go outside without turning into crispy bacon.

I've always enjoyed that about Florida. The sun is very efficient down there, none of this namby-pamby will I or won't I burn you stuff. Just BOOM, very effective.

That's classic. It's true, I see the hipster kids even wearing jeans at school and I'm thinking "you must have parked in the lobby, there's no way I'd even set foot outside wearing that right now..."

randman22222
2010-08-08, 04:14 AM
The inelegance of summer clothing. I like being sharply dressed, and right now it's just too hot for vests and dress shirts and the like.

The lack of university. I wanna go back I wanna go back I wanna go back...

The laziness that I fight, and invariably succumb to every now and then. Although, today's may be justified by the lack of sleep I had last night.

...Honestly, the summer months are when my visiting this forum peaks, and that's usually for lack of a certain type of social contact. I'm only MOSTLY introverted. While this place is cool, when my activity here increases, it means something's wrong. :smallsigh:

Things I like, though?

When the laziness isn't attacking, I get a TON of stuff done musically. It's like I make up for all the time I had to neglect music for school work.

There is a slight, sadistic, and guilty satisfaction in watching my brother go to school (he's started already), and knowing that I'm finally out of that nonsense. :smalltongue:

A friend of mine from Brasil came to backpack around Malaysia and Singapore with me. If we could plan things like this more often, and I could afford them, it'd be great. :smallsmile:

Lioness
2010-08-08, 04:45 AM
It being ridiculously hot (~117F) for about a week straight...It's painful to go outside the airconditioned lounge room.
Sunburn
Showers are nowhere near as awesome and comfortable
No boyfriend cuddles, because humans generate even more heat
The metal thing on car seatbelts can now be used as a branding iron.
Car steering wheel getting stupidly hot, even if you park in the shade.
Just, generally, the heat. I hate the heat.
Not being able to take any more clothes off when it gets way too hot

Though I hate winter just as much. The cold and the rain and the grey. Also, shorter daytimes disrupt my circadian clock.

Faulty
2010-08-08, 12:26 PM
The heat, which makes me sick. Also the lack of structure that can come with. It makes me lazy and listless.

Ponderthought
2010-08-08, 02:07 PM
The inelegance of summer clothing. I like being sharply dressed, and right now it's just too hot for vests and dress shirts and the like.

Good lord i know! There is no way in hell i can pull of a tweed jacket and top hat in this kind of weather. And my vest is out of the question.

onthetown
2010-08-09, 07:40 PM
The heat, crawly things, and scooping ice cream for 50 kids lined up at the canteen staring at me with their dirty little fingers and sugar-stained lips.

Also, cuddling is uncomfortable and too hot. Having to lie at opposite ends of the bed with three fans pointed at us is not acceptable.

RS14
2010-08-09, 09:24 PM
No boyfriend cuddles, because humans generate even more heat

Ah, I'd forgotten this, but very true. It turns out that not everybody has air conditioning up in NJ. :smallfrown:

I also don't like the stress of applying for REUs, though that is past me for the moment.

I will say that Montana was wonderful. The temperatures were perfect and the days were long enough for loads of hiking.

_Zoot_
2010-08-09, 09:53 PM
THE HEAT! WHY DO I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WHEN I DON'T LIKE THE HEAT?!?!

Also, the Mosquitoes are really annoying... Not that it matters because right now it is still winter =P

Cealocanth
2010-08-09, 10:26 PM
The rain. This is supposed to be a desert for crying out loud!

THAC0
2010-08-09, 11:32 PM
Tourists. But they aren't that hard to avoid, so nothing really. I love summer up here, where the high is 70F! :smallbiggrin:

druid91
2010-08-09, 11:48 PM
Tourists. But they aren't that hard to avoid, so nothing really. I love summer up here, where the high is 70F! :smallbiggrin:

How can you stand it? Nice weather is 50 degrees at most.

Winter_Wolf
2010-08-10, 12:09 AM
The thing I hate most about summer is that it ends. That and tornadoes, but those don't really come 'round here much.

Everything else I'm pretty much okay with. 'Course if I had to be indoors the whole summer I'd probably be pretty unhappy about that.

And summer isn't even my favorite season! I tell you what, autumn is IT for times of year. But summer is pretty good, too.

Then again:
-I don't burn, I bronze. Okay so it's a farmer tan, but whatever.
-Mosquitoes don't much like me as food anymore. I've had all of six mosquito bites this year I think, and I spend hours outside just about every day.
-Heat and humidity feel good on my old injuries, like a sauna treatment that goes where I go.
-I don't have to worry that breaking a sweat means I'm at risk for getting hypothermia or getting sick. (I tell you, Shanghai in winter is brutally unfun.)

nyjastul69
2010-08-10, 02:56 AM
Summer is too hot, too bright and too loud. The streets become full of people, (children in particular :smallyuk:) and peace becomes a rarity.

Of course my favourite type of day is grey, cloudy and generally the sort of thing that makes other people miserable ...

Why do I only get so many months of winter a year? :smallfrown:

This. Exactly this.

The Succubus
2010-08-10, 02:57 AM
The heat, the humidity, the insects. I despise summer - it's easy to warm up in winter but a bugger to cool down in summer.

Coplantor
2010-08-10, 08:51 AM
When it's so hot that you cant sleep.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-08-10, 09:05 AM
I have the kind of skin that could burn under fluorescent lights (well, that's an exaggeration...mostly...), so the extended daylight and general sunlight intensity isn't very nice. Also, working in an office building with AC that's sporadic at best and plenty of windows to let in the evil sunlight; should anyone ever invent a time machine, I want to go back, find the person who determined that men's formal wear requires long pants, long sleeves, and usually-dark-colored jackets without any exceptions for 100+ degree heat and 50+% humidity, and shoot them in the face with a hammer.

Also, plus whatever on the mosquitoes front. We had a storm that knocked down a big branch from one of our trees on the neighbor's power line, and in the half hour I was out cutting it down and moving it to the curb for pickup, I got upwards of twenty bites all over me, seven of which form a nice little constellation on my leg. Nasty little buggers.

And my parents wonder why I picked a college up in New England where it's cold, gray, and snowy for most of the year....

mangosta71
2010-08-10, 09:15 AM
*sigh* When the humidity here dropped to 65%, it was considered low. Add a couple weeks of 100+ temperatures. And then that I'm fair-skinned so I burn easily and hot-natured so I start sweating in the 75-80 range...

Oh, and since I'm out of school, summer doesn't even mean I get a break.

The Dan
2010-08-10, 09:27 AM
Being from the Land that Air-Conditioning Forgot (England), I had a rather specific problem: I recently had to pitch an arctic/cold weather supplement, working up some appropriate flavor in 48 hours.... during the hottest weekend so far this summer in Blighty.

Nothing annoys like looking up frostbite and polar bear statistics while melting from heat. :smallamused:

I got the job though... see sig.

drakir_nosslin
2010-08-10, 09:33 AM
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww287/popcornkids/summer-glau-7.png

Actually, I don't hate her at all. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-08-10, 10:41 AM
The fact that wearing my leather jacket could make me ill.

And I get incredibly bored

ThreadKiller
2010-08-10, 10:55 AM
I hate the fact that it's nothing like the Autumn season. :smallfrown:

Keld Denar
2010-08-10, 11:02 AM
Tourists. But they aren't that hard to avoid, so nothing really.

What I never understood is...if its tourist season, why can't we hunt them? I mean, think about it. Deer season. Water-foul season. Small game season. Tourist season. Makes perfect sense to me!

Mauve Shirt
2010-08-10, 12:08 PM
I have another one! My parents complaining about me being on the computer all day when I'm NOT on the computer all day, I just happen to be on the computer when they get home. It may look like I never leave this spot, but I walk the dog every morning, and complete all of my chores. I don't spend every moment of the day cleaning the house. And if I move my laptop up to my room so they don't have to look at me sitting on the couch, they complain that I'm sequestered in my room.
This is of course related to the fact that I'm unable to be hired.

Coplantor
2010-08-10, 12:14 PM
I understand how you feel Mauve.
Though it also happened to me that my mother was never around, and the few moments she was at home she insisted that since she never saw me studying I hadnt studied.

druid91
2010-08-10, 12:17 PM
I have another one! My parents complaining about me being on the computer all day when I'm NOT on the computer all day, I just happen to be on the computer when they get home. It may look like I never leave this spot, but I walk the dog every morning, and complete all of my chores. I don't spend every moment of the day cleaning the house. And if I move my laptop up to my room so they don't have to look at me sitting on the couch, they complain that I'm sequestered in my room.
This is of course related to the fact that I'm unable to be hired.

Similar problems, If I didn't do it in front of them, it didn't happen.

Pyrian
2010-08-10, 12:19 PM
...I just happen to be on the computer when they get home.Have you considered "just happening" to be doing chores when they get home? :smallamused:

Coplantor
2010-08-10, 12:22 PM
Have you considered "just happening" to be doing chores when they get home? :smallamused:

In my case, things like this gets the: "Why didnt you do it before? You lazy brat!"

druid91
2010-08-10, 12:24 PM
Have you considered "just happening" to be doing chores when they get home? :smallamused:

But... that would be giving in to ignorance, allowing untruths to become the truth. The whole fabric of the cosmos could break down because of the paradox.:smalleek: :smallbiggrin: All because you were given chores.

Castaras
Dislikes

- Doing bugger all for a lot of it.
- Heat

- Doing bugger all for a lot of it
- Sleep

arguskos
In my case, things like this gets the: "Why didnt you do it before? You lazy brat!"
Yeah. When parents decide to be pissy with you, they're just going to be pissy with you, and there is nothing you can do about it. :smallsigh:

Coplantor
2010-08-10, 12:28 PM
Yeah. When parents decide to be pissy with you, they're just going to be pissy with you, and there is nothing you can do about it. :smallsigh:

Being 21 with job that consumes ~11 hours of my day and having ~5 hours of class each day and dedicating almost the entire saturday to education/charity and still not being good enough for my mother lead me to that same conclussion.

druid91
2010-08-10, 12:29 PM

You direct their anger towards a sibling, Duh.:smallwink:

Erloas
2010-08-10, 01:36 PM
Well... I used to complain about the heat... then I moved to Phoenix, and now that I moved back to Wyoming I have nothing to complain about in terms of heat.
85F is not hot at all after having spent 8 years in a place that didn't get below 95F every for 3-4 months in a row.

I used to get sunburns... until I simply accepted that I had to wear sunscreen whenever I'm outside.

And the mosquitoes have been very much under control here, I don't remember having been bitten in the last two years.

The only thing I really dislike about the summer is that I don't have anyone to go with to do the things I want to do. But its the same in winter as well.

tehjohnli
2010-08-10, 04:03 PM
Likes-
No school.
Sleep.
Freedom.

Dislikes-
Mom makes me do SATs
that feeling in August where you're like ohhh crap.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-10, 06:16 PM
Dislikes -
I really never ever get around to doing things for college that I should've been doing.

Likes -
My parents are away for a couple of weeks now.:smallcool:

And oh right, the standard stuffs, musquitos, occasionaly too hot, things like that are under dislikes.

I actually do chores and stuff out of myself.
Except that I'm horrible at remembering how often/much the plants need to be watered. I'm quite certain I've killed several by now.:smalleek:(No, none of them have turned brown yet.:smallbiggrin:)

AtlanteanTroll
2010-08-10, 06:22 PM
Dislikes-
that feeling in August where you're like ohhh crap.

Im starting to get that as we type

THAC0
2010-08-10, 08:37 PM
What I never understood is...if its tourist season, why can't we hunt them? I mean, think about it. Deer season. Water-foul season. Small game season. Tourist season. Makes perfect sense to me!

Actually, they sell a shirt down town! It says:

Tourist Season
May 15-September 15
Open to Alaskan residents only
Bag limit 5 per day (only 1 Texan)

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-08-11, 01:15 AM
The thing I hate most about summer is the rainstorms. That have water leak into your bedroom AND GET THE CARPET ALL WET!!!

FoE
2010-08-11, 01:27 AM
The yellow eye, it burns us!

Also, I hate it when I need to phone someone for work and they're not around because of ****ing summer vacation.

Extra_Crispy
2010-08-11, 01:36 AM
There is nothing I hate about summer. I live in southern arizona, where the temp is over 100 for months on end, and I love it. Rather have it 100+ degrees then 70. Now for the scarry part for all you... I wear pants year around, have NEVER owned a car that had working AC, wear a jacket and helmet when riding my motorcycle, and still take hot showers (hot enough to fog the mirrors for quite a while). The heat is the best part of summer.

There are also few mosquitoes here and they are only around during our rainy season for a little while, last year I think I was bitten maybe 2-3 times.

There is nothing to hate about summer, i love it.

randman22222
2010-08-11, 04:48 AM
There is nothing I hate about summer. I live in southern arizona, where the temp is over 100 for months on end, and I love it. Rather have it 100+ degrees then 70. Now for the scarry part for all you... I wear pants year around, have NEVER owned a car that had working AC, wear a jacket and helmet when riding my motorcycle, and still take hot showers (hot enough to fog the mirrors for quite a while). The heat is the best part of summer.

There are also few mosquitoes here and they are only around during our rainy season for a little while, last year I think I was bitten maybe 2-3 times.

Your name is very fitting then. :smalltongue:

bloodlover
2010-08-11, 05:24 AM
I hate the heat and the boredom that comes along with all the free time >.>

IonDragon
2010-08-11, 06:07 AM
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww287/popcornkids/summer-glau-7.png

Actually, I don't hate her at all. :smallbiggrin:I don't think there is anything appropriate that I could say to that at all, without getting in trouble with Rolland.

Mauve Shirt
2010-08-11, 07:04 AM
I hate painting the kitchen and the living room.

onthetown
2010-08-11, 09:46 AM
When I was in school, I hated that I wasn't in school. I've always liked having structure and something to do during the day, so I was at a loss in the summer when I didn't have somebody telling me to go to class A at such and such time and then my break will be etc.

Then I got to college and I took a year-round course, so I got to be in school during the summer. I rejoiced.

Now I'm out of college and I have an evening job for the summer, so during the day I just go crazy. I'm a morning person -- I'd rather get up and go to work than having to wait around all day for it.

And I'm hating those sugar-coated kids more and more with the passing of each evening.

AtopTheMountain
2010-08-11, 06:54 PM
What I hate about summer? Getting 5 inches of rain three nights in a row, causing massive flooding. :smallmad:

Ilena
2010-08-12, 01:28 AM
Bugs and heat ... and humidity ... we have plenty of all 3, i cant wait for fall.

Eldan
2010-08-12, 08:14 AM
The combination of heat and this being the busiest time at our university between lab work, finishing papers and preparing for exams.

zeratul
2010-08-12, 04:35 PM

I'm pretty much the polar opposite, give me -25 over 95 any day. That said, my ideal temperature is about 60. I guess this is what comes of being a Central New Yorker. You either have to learn to love the cold or live with despising it. Now if only our summers weren't so hot.....

super dark33
2010-08-14, 09:52 AM
the last day

Jera
2010-08-14, 06:11 PM
I hate tempetures above 68*f; my comfort range is 40-55*f.

It was 114*f whilst raining this afternoon.

TDB Lady
2010-08-14, 08:27 PM
Heat!

The fact that our local school district started back to school last Tuesday (August 10). I am an aide on a handicapped bus here, and we've had a week of 95+F days with LOTS of humidity. The poor kids :smallfrown: (not to mention the drivers and aides) are absolutely miserable.

I don't want to be back to work 5 days a week. Summer school wasn't so bad at only three days a week.

TDB Lady