PDA

View Full Version : Grazīzt exists in 4th D&D?

Arrowstorm122
2010-08-07, 06:43 PM
as the title says, i wonder if Grazīzt exists in some book under the 4th D&D rules. is there some kind of Monster Manual, Campaign with him or something?

arguskos
2010-08-07, 06:44 PM
1. It's Graz'zt. No space required.

2. The Internet tells me he is found in the Manual of the Planes.

SilverClawShift
2010-08-07, 06:45 PM
Graz'zt exists everywhere.

At least, everywhere there is a lusty mortal with questionable morals :smallamused:

Arrowstorm122
2010-08-07, 06:47 PM
they really get many money for spreading stuff in several books eh? but thanks for the information :smallsmile:

arguskos
2010-08-07, 06:51 PM
Graz'zt exists everywhere.

At least, everywhere there is a lusty mortal with questionable morals :smallamused:
I should bring back my Graz'zt and Iggwilv avatar. In fact, I'll do just that.

Done. :smallamused:

Runestar
2010-08-07, 07:01 PM
His stats can be found here. Scroll to the middle.

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dramp/20081003

Xefas
2010-08-07, 07:20 PM

I'm happy about this. I missed that avatar.

I'm also glad Graz'zt is still there in 4th edition. I don't keep track of 4e news, but I always liked Graz'zt. He's a bit like Slaanesh, but with less orifices and more style.

Serpentine
2010-08-08, 08:08 AM
Whee :biggrin:

I read that as Griz'zt, and thought of the OotS character, and was confused.

Yora
2010-08-08, 08:10 AM
Graz'zt is awsome. Out party of Graz'zt cultists was the greatest group of PCs we ever had. :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2010-08-08, 12:58 PM
I'm happy about this. I missed that avatar.
:smallbiggrin: It's distinctive, if nothing else.

Whee :biggrin:

I read that as Griz'zt, and thought of the OotS character, and was confused.
1. Yuppers, I still wear it once in awhile. :smallwink:

2. Now I'm thinking of Grizz Frix (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grizz_Frix), the saddest character in all of Star Wars. He has a crappy life, and no happy ending. Sucks to be poor Grizz Frix.

hamishspence
2010-08-08, 01:04 PM
One of the things that worried me about the 4E switch of demons to being mostly monstrous, and devils being mostly humanoid- was

"what about Graz'zt and Malcanthet?"

Grazz't is still around, and in Demonomicon Malcanthet is mentioned as the ruler of the layer Shendilavri.

And incubi, being winged, and able to change into any humanoid (and enter the dreams of their victims) are in Demonomicon- so can fill the same role. So I'm not as concerned.

The Tygre
2010-08-08, 03:34 PM
One of the things that worried me about the 4E switch of demons to being mostly monstrous, and devils being mostly humanoid- was

"what about Graz'zt and Malcanthet?"

Grazz't is still around, and in Demonomicon Malcanthet is mentioned as the ruler of the layer Shendilavri.

And incubi, being winged, and able to change into any humanoid (and enter the dreams of their victims) are in Demonomicon- so can fill the same role. So I'm not as concerned.

God's in his Heaven, and all's right with the world.

Graz'zt is awsome. Out party of Graz'zt cultists was the greatest group of PCs we ever had. :smallbiggrin:

Well don't leave us hangin'; tell us more!

hamishspence
2010-08-08, 03:41 PM
Demonomicon has become pretty much my favorite 4E splatbook- though more for other things, than confirming that Malcanthet is still around.

The origin of the obyriths. Pazuzu being responsible for Asmodeus falling. And so on.

Xefas
2010-08-08, 03:46 PM

Wait a sec...is my group not the only one whose done that?

We had one player as a Succubus sent to the mortal world by Graz'zt, who then joined the other PCs (a Wizard, Druid, and Dread Necromancer), converted them to her cause over the course of their adventures, and then started establishing a Cult of Graz'zt to take over the world.

Over the course of their Cultisting, they had to fight off worshipers of Saint Cuthbert, Hextor, and a cult of Pandorym (that Elder Evil guy). Eventually they summoned an Aspect of Graz'zt into the Prime to lead their now sizable cult and great times were had by all.

Zombimode
2010-08-08, 04:16 PM

Hm, about that:
Maybe its appearance has changed over time, but isnt he supposed to have more then two arms?

*obvious sexual comment suppressed*

Yora
2010-08-08, 04:17 PM
Graz'zt probably worls best for it, because he's not like "Graz'zt smash!!!" like so many other demon lords. He makes you an offer you can't refuse and encourages cunning and deception instead of blind destruction.
While we were a little bit on the chaotic stupid side, it didn't meant that we ran around killing everyone else, including each other. It was rather that we really didn't had any kind of actual plan what we wanted to achieve. It was mostly gathering wealth, slaves, and sacrifices and turning our stinking cave into a really awsome dark temple. While having a hell of a time. :smallbiggrin:

And no, he never had more than two arms.

Eldan
2010-08-08, 04:18 PM
So, if Malcanthet is in 4E, but Succubi are devils now, what does she rule over?

Zombimode
2010-08-08, 04:24 PM
And no, he never had more than two arms.

Damn, your right. It turns out I totaly misread his 2e statblock that portraits him to have 4 attacks with his fists. For some reason I made the conlusion 4 fist attacks = 4 arms.

The Tygre
2010-08-08, 06:21 PM
So, if Malcanthet is in 4E, but Succubi are devils now, what does she rule over?

The incubi and some of those brass-skinned rebel succubi maybe?

Tiki Snakes
2010-08-08, 06:48 PM
Not sure she does, as yet. She didn't make it into the Demonomicon even, so, whether she even will is up in the air.

Which pretty much makes the answer 'Whatever the DM says'. Though a Succubi Queen who did the same thing and abandoned the side of the Devils, just like Graz'zt, would be my guess.

Shatteredtower
2010-08-08, 11:42 PM
I could never shake the feeling that the big G was a stand-in for one of Tanith Lee's demon princes.

hamishspence
2010-08-09, 02:40 AM
Not sure she does, as yet. She didn't make it into the Demonomicon even, so, whether she even will is up in the air.

Which pretty much makes the answer 'Whatever the DM says'. Though a Succubi Queen who did the same thing and abandoned the side of the Devils, just like Graz'zt, would be my guess.

Her name, and her layer, did though. So we can still say there is a Demon ruler Malcanthet, who rules over Shendilavri.

Other demon princes who were statted out in 3.5, but haven't been statted out yet in 4E- Obox-ob, Fraz-Urbluu, Pale Night.