PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help: Channels wrong on Digital Transport Adapter

AlterForm
2010-08-07, 08:14 PM
My setup:

Comcast Digital Cable (whatever the lowest subscription level is: "Digital Starter" I think?), in Fort Collins, CO
Downstairs Living Room: Cable Box on TV, with access to OnDemand
Upstairs Bedroom: DTA on TV, access to same channels as Cable Box, no OnDemand. (Cable outlet -> Coax cable -> DTA -> Coax cable -> TV)

The Symptoms:

A few days ago, everything was just fine, precisely as described above.
At the moment, my DTA setup is currently misbehaving.

The vast majority of channels display an error message: "One Moment Please; Your service has been temporarily interrupted. It should be restored momentarily."

The few channels that do receive a signal are mismatched. For example, channel 236, short name CHURCH, is being received as the Discovery Channel.

Video and audio show no signs of signal degredation.

Activation signals have been sent to the DTA half a dozen times. No change.

DTA has been power-cycled multiple times. No change.

Green status indicator light is solid.

Comcast's tech support was, unsurprisingly, next to worthless in solving this. Perhaps the Playground can do bettter?

drakir_nosslin
2010-08-08, 06:36 AM
Now, I'm not sure that your cable works the same way as the ones I'm used to, but when I get problems like this I always reset the receiver and then add all the channels again. If this doesn't solve to problem I've always needed to buy a new box or something. Then again, your box might not work like the one I'm using.

IonDragon
2010-08-09, 09:46 AM
Have you tried calling Comcast? If you yell long enough they will not only put you through to the person(s) who know what to do with the problem, but they are supposed to refund you the days that you were out of service.

AlterForm
2010-08-09, 10:14 AM
Have you tried calling Comcast? If you yell long enough they will not only put you through to the person(s) who know what to do with the problem, but they are supposed to refund you the days that you were out of service.

Yep, after another of fiddling and research that's the plan. Gonna call them up tonight and see if I can get someone who can actually do something for me on the line.

IonDragon
2010-08-09, 10:22 AM
"Let me speak with your supervisor" is the magical key to good tech support.